Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-25-17, 05:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Will Trump even make it to this point next year without a complete mental breakdown?
Just because you permit the Dem media apparatus to speak "reality" into your brain doesn't mean they've got that hold on Trump or anyone else. I feel for you, but you haven't a clue.
Old 07-25-17, 05:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Sorry, I assumed that you read and understood your own post.
Old 07-25-17, 05:39 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Trump was a business man. I assumed he donated to everyone's campaign over the last 20 + years.
Old 07-25-17, 06:23 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
You have to assume that Trump donated to any politician that he thought would do him some good. How many favors do you think he bought by giving to any one of the Clintons? more than I would like to think about. If I remember right Trump already told us he did just this thing.
Old 07-25-17, 08:03 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
As usual, Ben Shapiro knocks it out of the park in his column today.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18953/...ns-ben-shapiro

The interesting parts to me were

Quote:
For all those who just want Trump to give you his agenda, be aware: Sessions was the driving force inside the Trump administration on his key issue, immigration. Sessions was one of the earliest Trump endorsers specifically because Sessions believed that Trump would be his avatar on immigration. Three years ago, I sat at a late night drinking session with Sessions, Ann Coulter, and then-Sessions aide Stephen Miller; they laid out virtually the entire Trump platform on immigration. Later, Steve Bannon (my former boss at Breitbart) would reportedly commission a white paper on immigration for Trump from Coulter and Miller. Sessions and Miller cared about one thing and one thing only at the time: immigration. Now Sessions is being sidelined because Trump is piqued on Russia. Meanwhile, immigration softliners are entering the halls of power.
Quote:
Trump’s tweets about Sessions’ failures to prosecute Hillary Clinton are an excuse for Trump’s anger on other issues, just as all of his misdirects on Hillary are. Trump is the head of the executive branch. If he wants his Department of Justice to investigate Hillary Clinton, he can order them to do so. But Trump has explicitly and repeatedly stated that he doesn’t want such an investigation to take place — which is correct, since presidents seeking to prosecute and imprison their former political opponents would set a rather dangerous precedent. Trump’s invocations of Hillary are red meat for his base. They aren’t serious, they aren’t real, and they aren’t the true reason he’s angry at Sessions.
Old 07-25-17, 08:09 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Shapiro has way too much dislike for Trump for me to believe he's giving good analysis. I can't take him seriously.
Old 07-25-17, 08:30 PM
All World

That's okay, no one takes you seriously either.
Old 07-25-17, 09:40 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
That's okay, no one takes you seriously either.
Crusaders is exactly right. In the past I have been impressed by some of Shapiro's articles but he is a never Trumper and has been very hostile to Trump from the beginning.

In fact IMO Shapiro is a poser and a hack. He is EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern conservatism. If Shapiro represents conservatism then count me out. BTW, did you agree with this article NEO:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3896/s...hy-ben-shapiro

I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with certain principles. I stand with small government and free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for Planned Parenthood and trade restrictions and targeting of political enemies and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with the Constitution of the United States, and its embedded protection of my God-given rights through governmental checks and balances. Donald Trump does not. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it.

I stand with #NeverTrump.

What a drama queen. Here's some more I bet you liked NEO:

I think Trump will get blown out in a general election. But let’s assume that these critics of #NeverTrump are right. Let’s assume that but for we #NeverTrump voters sitting out the election, Trump would become president, and Hillary would go down in flaming defeat. And let’s assume that Hillary Clinton will appoint terrible justices, destroy the military, and usher in the apocalypse. Why in the world would conservatives live with President Hillary Clinton on their consciences?

Because first, it’s not on our consciences. It’s on the consciences of the people who went along with this nomination. We did not select Trump. We will not vote for him.

Why would anyone take the criticism of Trump by Shapiro any more seriously than they would if Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer were saying it? Here's some more of Shapiro's wisdom from the article:

I will not be complicit in that. I stand against the establishment that sowed the seeds of Trumpism. I stand against the Republican Party that insists that victory matters more than principle, because victory without principle isn’t just meaningless, it’s counterproductive to my belief system.

#NeverTrump.
Old 07-25-17, 09:47 PM
All World

Classic lotr, playing the man rather than addressing the argument.
Old 07-25-17, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Classic lotr, playing the man rather than addressing the argument.
Oh please NEO your act is getting desperate and stale!

Shapiro writes a high profile manifesto on how as a "principled" conservative he would rather see Hillary beat Trump in the election! He proudly has called himself a member of the "Never Trump" crew and states that even if a Hillary administration ruined the military, economy, culture and stacked the SCOTUS with people to the left of Ruth Bader Ginsburg at least his conservative principals would still be intact.

There is nothing Shapiro can say that I would waste my time addressing just like I wouldn't waste my time addressing what Schumer or Pelosi or Gutiérrez said about Trump. Like you NEO, when it comes to Trump Shapiro is not an honest broker.
Old 07-25-17, 10:12 PM
All World

So the only person that can have valid criticism is someone who's a fan of the person/thing they're criticizing? Is Trump's criticism of Hillary automatically invalid in that case?

I wouldn't dismiss something Schumer/Pelosi said simply because it came from their mouths, I'd dismiss it because it was [likely] factually incorrect.

So with that in mind, any issues with any of the specific arguments in the article? Or will you continue to "play the man" as you say?
Old 07-25-17, 11:08 PM
All Yappi

Shapiro is vitriolic concerning Trump. I don't see how anyone can trust his analysis any more than CNN.
Old 07-25-17, 11:23 PM
All World

You don't have to "trust" analysis. Just read and think for yourself whether you agree with the points put forth. Basically the opposite of what you did when reading climate change research.
Old 07-25-17, 11:25 PM
All Yappi

I mean, if you want to get schooled again on another topic, I'm more than happy to oblige.

The writer is absolutely important to the context of what is written. If you read Shapiro you have to put it in the context of him hating Trump. Not doing so is failing as a reader, and it's part of "making up one's mind".
Old 07-25-17, 11:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I mean, if you want to get schooled again on another topic, I'm more than happy to oblige.
Yes, please tell us all about how those predictions on the climate have worked out for you people so far?
Old 07-25-17, 11:39 PM
All Yappi

Pretty well, actually
Old 07-25-17, 11:47 PM
All World

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25...tipping-point/
Old 07-25-17, 11:51 PM
All Yappi

Are we talking about politicized climate change or the science?
Old 07-25-17, 11:59 PM
All World

Climate change hysteria is a political tool, so no real distinction.
Old 07-26-17, 12:03 AM
All Yappi

Climate science produces the data. What journalists, politicians, and activists do with it is completely different. It's a massive distinction.
Old 07-26-17, 12:06 AM
All World

And the science has an incentive to please those who allocate funds to the "issue." Hence the whole getting caught manipulating data thing that caused most reasonable people to realize this was far more politics than science.
Old 07-26-17, 12:10 AM
All Yappi

Wonderful. Conspiracy theories and deliberate misinterpretations spread by anti-climate change blogs. Very nice.
Old 07-26-17, 12:21 AM
All World

https://science.house.gov/news/press...limate-records
Old 07-26-17, 06:04 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Climate science produces the data. What journalists, politicians, and activists do with it is completely different. It's a massive distinction.
That's funny.
Old 07-26-17, 06:23 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
By pointing out that TD's comment has nothing to do with what's being discussed here!

Further, Trump is never going to be asked to participate in an investigation now is he?
Classic lotr. Deflect.
Old 07-26-17, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Classic lotr. Deflect.
Taco you should try thinking for yourself instead of aping another persons position. You might actually come to enjoy it!
Old 07-26-17, 06:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, please tell us all about how those predictions on the climate have worked out for you people so far?
So when you are losing the argument on Shapiro & Trump you pivot 180 degrees to start an argument on Climate Change with Crusaders! Talk about deflection.
Old 07-26-17, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So the only person that can have valid criticism is someone who's a fan of the person/thing they're criticizing? Is Trump's criticism of Hillary automatically invalid in that case?

I wouldn't dismiss something Schumer/Pelosi said simply because it came from their mouths, I'd dismiss it because it was [likely] factually incorrect.

So with that in mind, any issues with any of the specific arguments in the article? Or will you continue to "play the man" as you say?
Anyone can have a "valid" criticism of Trump but I choose not to take a wack job like Shapiro seriously. I mean the guy announcers to the world that he would rather see Hillary win the election and usher in the "Apocalypse" (his words read the article) then vote for Trump. But hey at least Shapiro gets to practice his principles on the road to hell!

I'll say it again, the never Trump folks are a microcosm of why conservatives fail. They are ideological puritans who take the notion of "do it my way or hit the highway" to extremes.

I have so much more respect for those conservatives & libertarians who had legitimate concerns about Trump, who didn't like the man and realized that on some issues he was not conservative or libertarian yet never-the-less held their noses and voted for him to prevent the much greater problem of a Hillary Clinton presidency. These are folks with TRUE honor & principles who put the good of the country over their own personal notions of principle.
Old 07-26-17, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Meanwhile how about this tidbit:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...-obama-era-nsa

The National Security Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation violated specific civil liberty protections during the Obama years by improperly searching and disseminating raw intelligence on Americans or failing to promptly delete unauthorized intercepts, according to newly declassified memos that provide some of the richest detail to date on the spy agencies’ ability to obey their own rules

Here's some more:

Other violations cited in the memos:

* Numerous “overcollection incidents” where the NSA gathered information about foreigners or Americans it wasn’t entitled to intercept

* “Isolated instances in which NSA may not have complied with the documentation requests” justifying intercepts or searches of intercepted data.

* The misuse of “overly broad” queries or specific U.S. person terms to search through NSA data.

* Failures to timely purge NSA databases of improperly collected intelligence, such as a 2014 incident in which “NSA reported a gap in its purge discovery processes.”

What's interesting is that the Intelligence agencies don't deny any of this rather they defend themselves by saying "look, we self reported and caught ourselves so don't worry".

Of course the million dollar question is how was the information used? I mean there is other evidence that the Obama administration & Hillary campaign were privy to the inner workings of the Trump campaign and transition team as a result of these "lapses". So how much spying actually occurred? Seems to me like this is a much more important question than the fake Russian story.
Old 07-26-17, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

And while we're on the issue of whether Trump is conservative enough for NEO & Ben Shapiro we get an article like this about some long overdue actions being taken by Trump's Secretary of Defense General "Mad Dog" Mattis:

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/yo...ighters-backs/

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has ordered a review of all the administrative and training requirements that prevent trigger pullers and pilots alike from focusing on warfighting.

In the memo obtained by Military Times, Mattis on Friday directed the services, the National Guard Bureau and the combatant commanders to determine what changes are needed to give each branch increased flexibility to organize, train and equip more ready and lethal forces.

Notably, Mattis has ordered a review of the “requirements for mandatory force training that does not directly support core tasks” – the many hours soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines spend prior to deployment meeting the Pentagon-required tasks that sometimes have little to do with the role they will actually fulfill when deployed.

Translated Mattis is telling the defense department that "sensitivity" & "diversity" training are things of the past and the focus should be on winning wars.

So I wonder if Ben Shapiro approves? Or would he rather have Hillary's choice at Secretary of Defense arguing for more sensitivity training and ensuring that field toilets are trans gender friendly! Maybe Ben would approve a Clinton initiative on removing the harmful effects of "excess masculinity" on military performance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: