Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I'd say it's pretty much a certainty Hue will make a really bad decision at a critical moment in the season. It's also possible Hue and Dorsey feud over who should play QB. I don't think Dorsey has much to worry about.
He does that every time he puts on his headset.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-18, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Baker is still a rookie and we don't play the Jets every week (and our schedule is tough), so I wouldn't start printing playoff tickets quite yet. If we win 5 or 6, Dorsey can still can Hue and bring in his guy. If we win 8, then it gets dicey.
And that's part of the reason I believe that it may have been Dorsey's call on starting Baker. They start Tyrod, Hue's record sucks, and they bring Mayfield in towards the end of the year in mop up time. Built in excuse to fire Hue as the damage has been done. If Hue starts Mayfield the whole year, and they win 7, he has the "look what I did with the rookie" excuse to buy him another year.
Old 09-21-18, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Why give up a 3rd round pick to trade for a QB you're bringing on to tank a season?
Old 09-21-18, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Does anyone really think Dorsey is intentionally trying to tank the season and gave away a 3rd rd pick to do it, just to get rid of Hue?
Old 09-21-18, 01:03 PM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Personally, I don't think Dorsey was tanking. I think he was trying to protect his rookie QB in the early season. Let his line gel a bit. And minimize the pressure.
Old 09-21-18, 01:05 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty obvious they weren't sure Mayfield would be ready to step in week 1, so they got Tyrod to prevent the need to throw in an unprepared rookie.

However, Tyrod is much worse, and Mayfield seems to be much more prepared than anticipated. Not starting him week one is either a coaching or front office mistake as it's impossible to think such a glaring difference in talent didn't show up in practice.
Old 09-21-18, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I doubt they would have traded for Taylor if they thought he'd play this poorly. Clearly a busted trade.

Mayfield didn't look significantly better than Tyrod in pre-season play. It could just be a flash-in-the-pan game where a defense was caught off-guard. Obviously have to wait and see how he performs after teams have tape on him.
Old 09-21-18, 01:10 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
They got Turrod and named him a starter pretty early on to ease the external pressure on Baker up until now all the while ramping him up in practices and such to work him into the lineup.

With him as a named backup the scrutiny wasn't quite as much the last 6-8 weeks media and fan wise and it fed the frenzy of the fans to want the backup.

They did it to delay the media storm
Old 09-21-18, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Also, going into the season you would have to believe they expected to go 0-2 to start the season no matter whom they started.

Right?

So instead of start him (face it, no one expected him to look THAT good in his first half of action) and lose 2 games and possibly make his and the fans confidence wane?

The way it set up was perfect. Take the pressure off, take your lumps in the first few weeks to give him a little more time.

Who knew they would get that tie. They are now 1/2 game ahead of where they excpted after three game.
Old 09-21-18, 05:11 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Then apparently you like losing. Do you repeatedly put your hand on a burning stove over & over again too?
lol

I can tolerate it. One more draft.

I understood what Sashi was doing, but his slavish adherence to his blueprint spoke to his woeful lack of talent-related judgement. Passing on Wentz because it wasn't his "draft the QB year" was inexcusable.

You ready for "Hue, Deux"? Marvin North ? The Hue-bris should get pretty deep when he sees himself as a winner. We may be stuck with him for a while if we have too much Mayfield in 2018.
Old 09-21-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
I'm sure it was mentioned but it's funny how the "crappy O-Line/running game" looks significantly better with competent QB play.

I know Hue has to play the party line but his post game presser implying he's not committed to a QB for Oakland is ridiculous.
The fact is that the D can't crash in on Mayfield like they can Tyrod, too. Every DC knows TT. The O-line has a ways to go, better results or not. Very encouraging, though.
Old 09-21-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
They got Turrod and named him a starter pretty early on to ease the external pressure on Baker up until now all the while ramping him up in practices and such to work him into the lineup.

With him as a named backup the scrutiny wasn't quite as much the last 6-8 weeks media and fan wise and it fed the frenzy of the fans to want the backup.

They did it to delay the media storm
They not only wanted to ease external pressure, they wanted to create internal pressure within Mayfield himself. It's who he is, and he knows well exactly what climbing out of this hole is like. First rounder but a walk-on again, in a way.
Old 09-21-18, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I doubt they would have traded for Taylor if they thought he'd play this poorly. Clearly a busted trade.

Mayfield didn't look significantly better than Tyrod in pre-season play. It could just be a flash-in-the-pan game where a defense was caught off-guard. Obviously have to wait and see how he performs after teams have tape on him.
They expected more than that from him, for sure.

Still makes Buff look dumb, even at this level of performance from him. Josh Allen needs Taylor more.

Just like Mayfield lacks TT's break-away escapability, TT is never ever going to throw the ball like that. There were three drops that clearly were mis-timed balls that got by the hands because they just plain had more on them.
Old 09-21-18, 05:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Also, going into the season you would have to believe they expected to go 0-2 to start the season no matter whom they started.

Right?

So instead of start him (face it, no one expected him to look THAT good in his first half of action) and lose 2 games and possibly make his and the fans confidence wane?

The way it set up was perfect. Take the pressure off, take your lumps in the first few weeks to give him a little more time.

Who knew they would get that tie. They are now 1/2 game ahead of where they excpted after three game.
I agree.

Not a SB contending year, even starting 3-0, so....
Old 09-21-18, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They expected more than that from him, for sure.

Still makes Buff look dumb, even at this level of performance from him. Josh Allen needs Taylor more.

Just like Mayfield lacks TT's break-away escapability, TT is never ever going to throw the ball like that. There were three drops that clearly were mis-timed balls that got by the hands because they just plain had more on them.
Buffalo sucks but in no way do they look dumb for getting a high third rounder for Tyrod