Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-19-18, 01:57 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
With the SEC stepping up their game it's going to get pretty cutthroat
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-18, 02:06 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Really? It is a lot easier to recruit at osu than uc. If he is still pulling in kids and winning year 2/3 then give him tons of kudos. It really is nothing against Fickell, its more how recruiting works.
That's not what I'm referring to.
Old 01-19-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
That's not what I'm referring to.
I don't follow either enough to know what you are referring to.
Old 01-25-18, 11:56 AM
All Region

Saint Columban is on a distinguished road
the season was an absolute dumpsterfire. no way around it. we can talk about him not having his guys or being a new head coach or whatever but it was an absolute failure start to finish. squeeking by fcs Austin peay, needing basically a miracle to beat a sub .500 mac school, getting blasted at home by a cusa school (that went 4-4 in cusa). getting blown out by an absolutely wretched east Carolina. our two conference wins should have been slam dunks and we eeked by with 1 point wins each time. the team was constantly looking completely lost.

nobody can explain why trail was never given an opportunity. with all the excuses of poor line play why not give the mobile qb a chance? he could use his feet to buy more time in the passing game and also gave us another desperately needed weapon on offense. we literally had nothing to lose and still didn't give him a shot in favor of moore who played horribly all year.

the constant undisciplined penalties was absolutely maddening and they were occurring what seemed like nonstop. this was possibly the most disappointing thing to me this season, I expected discipline to be improved and it regressed horribly

fickell appears to be an outstanding recruiter and motivator. he also understands the value of building relationships with local schools and community. goes hand in hand with recruiting locally. we'll see how much he improves as a HC. as a fan im very hopeful he improves and his recruiting classes are as good as hyped. but truthfully im not overly optimistic about his head coaching abilities. I expected far better than what I saw last season.
Old 01-25-18, 11:59 AM
All World

Trail wasn't given an opportunity because he's not good. I mean he threw 6 interceptions to 1 TD in 2016.
Old 01-25-18, 04:59 PM
All Region

so qb's cant improve after their freshman year?
Old 01-25-18, 05:00 PM
All Region

im was mostly frustrated at the unwillingness to at least try something new. the season was worst case scenario, why wouldn't you shake things up? if they were the same style qb i'd understand, but they bring different skill sets to the table so why not try something new at a position that was a glaring problem all year.
Old 01-25-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Probably because Fickell didn't think he'd do as good of a job as Moore. Do you think Fickell just ignored him the entire season without giving it a thought?
Old 01-26-18, 08:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Columban View Post
so qb's cant improve after their freshman year?
I never said they couldn't improve. But even with huge improvement, my guess is he's still awful. It's not like he earned more playing time when he played against USF. Took 2 sacks, completed less than 60% for 6 yards a completion. Fickell has no loyalty to either guy, they aren't his recruited QBs. It's pretty obvious Trail was worse than Moore in practice.
Old 01-28-18, 10:51 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
No opinion. Ask me how I feel after his third season.
Old 02-08-18, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
I have to give Fickell a A+ on his recruiting class; ranked first among non power conference teams and as high as 47th overall.
Old 02-08-18, 02:39 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeah he grabbed Tavion Thomas 3 star RB who was committed to Oklahoma and a 4 star TE whose name I can't remember yesterday at the last minute. Two big TE recruits in this class.
Old 02-08-18, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Best recruiting class I've seen UC land. I agree with Termite. For UC this has to be an A+. Getting Thomas and Taylor on signing day was absolutely huge.

It looks like they have one more scholarship left and will use it on a grad transfer either at QB or on the OL. I'd love to see them get someone like Joe Burrow if he does end up leaving OSU. UC desperately needs a legit starting QB for next season.
Old 02-08-18, 03:42 PM
All World

Wahoo Sam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Best recruiting class I've seen UC land. I agree with Termite. For UC this has to be an A+. Getting Thomas and Taylor on signing day was absolutely huge.

It looks like they have one more scholarship left and will use it on a grad transfer either at QB or on the OL. I'd love to see them get someone like Joe Burrow if he does end up leaving OSU. UC desperately needs a legit starting QB for next season.
Burrow would be a great option if the QB derby at OSU doesn't go his way. Just may not know until definitely after Spring Ball.
Old 02-09-18, 08:21 PM
All Ohio

JUSTGOPLAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post

I am not the biggest Hayden Moore fan, but in fairness to him he had nobody to throw to last year. That was by far the slowest Bearcat team I have ever seen. All things being equal, I don't see the Burrow kid being that much of an upgrade. I would prefer an athletic run pass option guy like Collaros, Munchie, or Mauk. Regardless, they need to surround him with some weapons. I think Fickell has got things headed in the right direction.
Old 02-10-18, 11:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOPLAY View Post
I am not the biggest Hayden Moore fan, but in fairness to him he had nobody to throw to last year. That was by far the slowest Bearcat team I have ever seen. All things being equal, I don't see the Burrow kid being that much of an upgrade. I would prefer an athletic run pass option guy like Collaros, Munchie, or Mauk. Regardless, they need to surround him with some weapons. I think Fickell has got things headed in the right direction.
That's Burrow, fwiw.
Old 02-10-18, 02:38 PM
All World

I don’t really agree with that. Burrow may be a decent scrambler but he’s definitely not a running QB.

I will disagree with JGP in that he would be a pretty significant upgrade either way.
Old 02-10-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

JUSTGOPLAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I donít really agree with that. Burrow may be a decent scrambler but heís definitely not a running QB.

I will disagree with JGP in that he would be a pretty significant upgrade either way.
Fair enough....Like I said, I ain't the biggest Hayden Moore fan...I am hoping Fickell can eventually land an elite athletic QB, who is as much a threat to run as pass. Burrow just strikes me as a poor man's Gunner Kiel.
Old 02-10-18, 04:25 PM
All World

He’s not a head case. That would be a major difference.
Old 02-12-18, 08:30 AM
All World

Quote:
I donít really agree with that. Burrow may be a decent scrambler but heís definitely not a running QB.

True. I think he is as much of a runner as Collaros though.
Old 02-14-18, 01:25 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Does Burrow's father still coach at OU?
Old 02-14-18, 06:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
True. I think he is as much of a runner as Collaros though.
Eh, from what Iíve seen heís way more passer much less runner than collaros.
Old 02-15-18, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOPLAY View Post
Moore is a turnover machine. Pure and simple. I agree his WR's last year sucked, however he consistently would make poor decisions that would lead to all these bizarre TO's. You cannot win consistently with a QB who cannot protect the football and he's proven over the last 3 years he cannot protect the ball. Burrow is more athletic than Moore and IMO he's just a better overall talent. But I do agree they need to continue to improve their level of talent across the board.
Old 02-15-18, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
Does Burrow's father still coach at OU?
I believe so.
Old 03-02-18, 12:27 PM
All World

Just read that UC is expected to land LB Dante Booker as a graduate transfer from OSU, eligible to play next year. Booker never really lived up to expectations at OSU in part due to injuries, but he did start to begin the 2017 season, so this will be a huge get for Fickell and UC.
Old 03-02-18, 12:32 PM
All World

Holy crap. That's huge for UC.
Old 03-02-18, 02:17 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Just read that UC is expected to land LB Dante Booker as a graduate transfer from OSU, eligible to play next year. Booker never really lived up to expectations at OSU in part due to injuries, but he did start to begin the 2017 season, so this will be a huge get for Fickell and UC.
Wow, if that happens, that is massive for UC. I always thought he was a good player, if healthy he could be a great player and he fills a huge position of need.
Old 03-06-18, 12:16 PM
All World

Apparently that was an inaccurate report, at least per OSU sources now. The same sources that originally reported he would be transferring. Unfortunate for UC.
Old 03-07-18, 09:44 PM
All Region

IronEagle82 is on a distinguished road
It seems as if Booker was set to leave, but opted to compete during spring ball to see if he can win his starting LB job back. I'm sure if he doesn't get that job back, he'll be in Clifton with Fickell.
Old 03-08-18, 10:15 AM
All World

Kind of odd too that he was not present at the first day of Spring practice. But that's when the reports came out that he is staying at OSU.