Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-27-18, 01:29 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
ECNL Results

For anyone thats interested- http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/standings/
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-18, 08:28 AM
Junior Varsity

Snooper is on a distinguished road
Doesn't look too great for OE at the younger age-groups... Meanwhile, KHA and CUP met in the U13 regional final with KHA coming out on top in PKs and moving on to Nationals. Those two teams will basically make up the DA and Premier teams at CDA next year.

What is there to be read in those tea-leaves?

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.o...championships/
Old 06-28-18, 09:52 AM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
Doesn't look too great for OE at the younger age-groups... Meanwhile, KHA and CUP met in the U13 regional final with KHA coming out on top in PKs and moving on to Nationals. Those two teams will basically make up the DA and Premier teams at CDA next year.

What is there to be read in those tea-leaves?

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.o...championships/
I think the tea leaves point out that the US Youth regionals, like state cup, are largely irrelevant with the two largest clubs (CDA/OE) not participating. If your comparing USYouth regionals to ECNL or DA I'd argue that you severely lack perspective about competition levels The National League is comparative to the old MRL Premier 1 after ECNL and DA plucked the strongest clubs from it.

Don't forget that the CDA only had 1 team out of three age groups, qualify for the playoffs (As a wildcard). I'm not sure that's a fair reflection of CUP's or KHA's competitiveness though.

I'd also point out that it's been strongly argued that OE (Like CUP somewhat) is a destination club and starts getting stronger at around U15. Before anyone starts with the "CUP develops their own" stuff, I'll say I see a lot of former CUSA girls from my little Mia's age group on rosters from both clubs.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...d=MTAwOQ%3D%3D
Old 06-28-18, 11:00 AM
Junior Varsity

Snooper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I think the tea leaves point out that the US Youth regionals, like state cup, are largely irrelevant with the two largest clubs (CDA/OE) not participating. If your comparing USYouth regionals to ECNL or DA I'd argue that you severely lack perspective about competition levels The National League is comparative to the old MRL Premier 1 after ECNL and DA plucked the strongest clubs from it.

Don't forget that the CDA only had 1 team out of three age groups, qualify for the playoffs (As a wildcard). I'm not sure that's a fair reflection of CUP's or KHA's competitiveness though.

I'd also point out that it's been strongly argued that OE (Like CUP somewhat) is a destination club and starts getting stronger at around U15. Before anyone starts with the "CUP develops their own" stuff, I'll say I see a lot of former CUSA girls from my little Mia's age group on rosters from both clubs.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...d=MTAwOQ%3D%3D
There is no DA for girls at U13 (and hence no CDA teams). The US Youth Soccer regionals at that age for the girls this year is an apples / apples comparison to the ECNL.
Old 06-28-18, 12:26 PM
All World

Quote:
I dissagree because CUP has played ECNL teams at various times and have performed very well against them in tournaments or friendlies it seems just OE that refuses to play against a certain clubs non-ECNL teams.

Quote:
(See Snoopers commant)

Quote:
I have seen many players promoted from within at Cincinnati United if you looked at more than just your little Mia's age group you would see it.

I thought Originally the ECNL was going to relegate clubs out that struggled year after year. If they were to do that what clubs would you relegate out and what clubs would you ask to fill their spot or what criteria would you want to see used to relegate out a club. It may be time for the ECNL to look at that.
Old 06-28-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

OK, I'll address this on one post.
Snooper: My apologies. I don't know what the success of the U13 CUP or KHA means. Probably the same as it always has. They'll be successful even at the national level. I don't equate OE's success at U13 as what it will be at U15 or U16.

At older age groups talent homogenizes. Girls are driving as much as two hours to practice at destination clubs which doesn't happen at U13. Thus OE gets stronger at older age groups. Another example of this is FC Pride, who does well at younger age groups because the Indy market itself in strong enough to compete, but at older age groups, doesn't recruit regional elite players as well as Indy Fire.

I try not to get caught up in the who's better (CUP vs OE) conversation as I assume it varies according to age group and that both clubs represent the Cinci and southern Ohio areas very well.

I also believe that DA and ECNL are comparable in competition level and that National League and anything beyond that is a considerable step below.

Coachg:
I think CUP would do just fine in the ECNL. I don't think they would do as well as they did against the weaker National League competition, as shown by their results in the DA. That should improve as 5-10 of the stronger clubs in the DA move back to ECNL only.

Last year when I checked rosters, I saw 4 former CUSA girls on the CUP gold team and 5 on the OE 01 team (There were others in other age groups as well). I would have thought there would be a bigger disparity with OE and a club that promotes from within. I'm presuming that CUSA wasn't the only smaller club that contributed to the CUP machine.

Not sure what your point about relegation was. It wouldn't affect OE as it has been in the top third for at least the last few years. Beyond that the DA doesn't and it looks like the restructuring of the USYouth National League system seems to be going to more of a structure similar to DA and ECNL (I don't understand how it's structured yet)
Old 06-28-18, 01:43 PM
Junior Varsity

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
I will start by saying congrats to both the 02 age group of OE and the 17U age group of DA. It looks like the OE team qualified to play for a national championship in the final 4 of ECNL which will be decided next week.

The 17U DA team comprised of very talented 02 kids are holding their own at the DA playoffs. I expect big things to come from this age group as there is a lot of talent at both clubs.

If my memory serves me correct didnít OE pick up about 60-70% of its team from that DA group this season. What a difference a year can make congrats to all this post season.
Old 06-28-18, 01:54 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
I will start by saying congrats to both the 02 age group of OE and the 17U age group of DA. It looks like the OE team qualified to play for a national championship in the final 4 of ECNL which will be decided next week.

The 17U DA team comprised of very talented 02 kids are holding their own at the DA playoffs. I expect big things to come from this age group as there is a lot of talent at both clubs.

If my memory serves me correct didnít OE pick up about 60-70% of its team from that DA group this season. What a difference a year can make congrats to all this post season.
You are correct Yap. I don't know how many were CUP Girls, but I think there was a substantial import from CUP at that age group and the 00's as well.
Old 06-29-18, 06:24 AM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
As happens every year at the younger ages at OE they struggle. The 05 team last year had 3 06 girls and 4 from their Academy team. OE usually really worries more about development at those ages. This year they picked up 8 new players from multiple clubs, including who many would consider their top player on CUP North and an OE 05 girl who played and started on the 04 ECNL team last season. The 02 and 01’s had a great season, the 00/99’s were in Great shape until they lost 3 prolific strikers to injury. A tragedy for the girls but part of the game.

At the younger ages CUP certainly had an advantage. With a pool of 8-10 times the players to choose from. u14-U15 is usually when the better kids from around the region come over to play.

it’s the big difference I see between the DA clubs and the ECNL. The DA clubs want to take their league and go home so to speak. Basically just leaving it as their clubs current top team and not trying to build from the outside. so it’s left with a plethora of mid level MRL teams. hence the huge goal differentials in the league and why their current finals are filled with Dual ECNL clubs. they built the teams on talent from both inside and outside the club rather than just sticking with their own. As the better DA clubs continue to leave and they backfill with more of the same mid level MRL teams it will get even worse.
Old 07-05-18, 10:06 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post

itís the big difference I see between the DA clubs and the ECNL. The DA clubs want to take their league and go home so to speak. Basically just leaving it as their clubs current top team and not trying to build from the outside.
Sounds like the DA Clubs may be better at player development from what you are saying.

Quote:
At the younger ages CUP certainly had an advantage. With a pool of 8-10 times the players to choose from. u14-U15 is usually when the better kids from around the region come over to play.
I guess parents recognize that CUP / CU develops players better. I agree with kids coming over at U14-U15 as I have seen OE ECNL players at tryouts. I am not sure they all get an offer or not though.

Quote:
they built the teams on talent from both inside and outside the club rather than just sticking with their own. As the better DA clubs continue to leave and they backfill with more of the same mid level MRL teams it will get even worse.
Maybe the talent from the outside wasn't as strong as the talent CUP / CU have developed internally. Just a few thoughts.
Old 07-08-18, 09:46 AM
Freshman

w1llie is on a distinguished road
the u-16's made finals of the ECNL's. but lost both games
Old 07-08-18, 06:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Sounds like the DA Clubs may be better at player development from what you are saying.
I would argue that the 10+ major clubs that left for ECNL only would beg to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
guess parents recognize that CUP / CU develops players better. I agree with kids coming over at U14-U15 as I have seen OE ECNL players at tryouts. I am not sure they all get an offer or not though.
I think CUP does a great job, but they're not working from scratch. They bring in a lot of girls from outside the CU world by U12/14. I'm skeptical that any 02-00 age girls with an ECNL offer were trying to go the DA. High School is too important.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: