Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-18, 12:36 PM
coachwhitman coachwhitman is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-25-11
Posts: 24
coachwhitman is on a distinguished road
Notre Dame College cutting CC/Track

I'm hearing from very reliable sources that Notre Dame College in South Euclid, Ohio is immediately cutting Mens and Womens Cross Country and Track & Field.

Sad news!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-18, 06:31 PM
runohio runohio is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-27-13
Posts: 300
runohio is on a distinguished road
No longer listed on their website - http://www.notredamecollege.edu/athletics
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-18, 06:55 AM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,874
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
I have a runner that is signed there for next year on scholosrship and he confirmed that they cut his scholorship for CC and track.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-18, 07:19 AM
cvctrackfan cvctrackfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-08-10
Posts: 1,912
cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Sigh
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-18, 07:30 PM
coachwhitman coachwhitman is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-25-11
Posts: 24
coachwhitman is on a distinguished road
The fact that there is not one word about the move on their website speaks volumes to the character of their admin. You cut 4 teams and not one peep about it? I would think twice before ever considering this to be a desirable destination for any student-athlete in any sport. Their roster numbers were very good so there is no good reason for making this move. Shame on them!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-16-18, 08:19 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,300
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwhitman View Post
The fact that there is not one word about the move on their website speaks volumes to the character of their admin. You cut 4 teams and not one peep about it? I would think twice before ever considering this to be a desirable destination for any student-athlete in any sport. Their roster numbers were very good so there is no good reason for making this move. Shame on them!
Just because news wasn't given out publicly doesn't mean that the news wasn't out or couldn't be figured out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-18, 02:56 PM
ccrunner609 ccrunner609 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Posts: 2,874
ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
Just because news wasn't given out publicly doesn't mean that the news wasn't out or couldn't be figured out.
People shouldnt have to "figure it out".
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-17-18, 03:32 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,300
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
People shouldnt have to "figure it out".
Not arguing with you there.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-18, 06:59 PM
coachwhitman coachwhitman is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-25-11
Posts: 24
coachwhitman is on a distinguished road
The athletes were told after the fact, but not telling them (especially the incoming freshmen) that this was a consideration prior to the signing date is, at best, unethical. Think of it this way: how many schools would still have any scholarship $$ available or spots left in their incoming classes? Many other schools have cut CC/Track, but in every case I've seen, it's been publicized enough in advance for the student-athletes to investigate options. From what I'm reading, that simply was not done here. Allowing kids to sign NLI when there was even a chance of cutting the sports is just wrong. I'm hardly surprised as NDC has a history of shady dealings, but I sure do feel for the kids-particularly the incoming freshmen.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-17-18, 08:01 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,526
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwhitman View Post
The athletes were told after the fact, but not telling them (especially the incoming freshmen) that this was a consideration prior to the signing date is, at best, unethical. Think of it this way: how many schools would still have any scholarship $$ available or spots left in their incoming classes? Many other schools have cut CC/Track, but in every case I've seen, it's been publicized enough in advance for the student-athletes to investigate options. From what I'm reading, that simply was not done here. Allowing kids to sign NLI when there was even a chance of cutting the sports is just wrong. I'm hardly surprised as NDC has a history of shady dealings, but I sure do feel for the kids-particularly the incoming freshmen.
Agreed. This is really, really wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-17-18, 09:04 PM
JAVMAN83 JAVMAN83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Somewhere in the ether
Posts: 2,300
JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
It is my understanding that they are honoring scholarships given. I'd suspect that transfers will also happen without too much difficulty.

This may have been purely a dollars & cents decision based upon short falls in expected revenues. While never pleasant, monetary issues do happen.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-17-18, 10:05 PM
psycho_dad psycho_dad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-17-10
Posts: 2,832
psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
When did all this come down? I could have sworn I saw coaches as late as the District meet looking at kids.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-18, 12:00 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,140
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I remember they did threaten to do the same here at the University of Akron. At the end of the day, they ended up cutting baseball. They couldn't bring themselves to cut a successful program like Akron track. Still, its always sad when sports like cross country or track are first on the chopping block. I shudder to think of what would have happened had Coventry's renewal levy not passed last November. All I know is that everything, many of us have worked for over the last 5 years, would have been destroyed at the hands of greedy people who don't want to do their civic duty and fork over a couple thousand dollars every year so that kids can get a well rounded education.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04/18 - SECLMW area College players of the week as of 04/18 - Unofficial seclmw Baseball 0 04-18-18 02:44 PM
How the College Recruiting Process Works ARA 212 Wrestling 0 01-11-18 01:52 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
2017 Division VII Schedules EagleFan Archives 25 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Thursday Night (9-14): Canton Central Catholic (0-3) @ St. Thomas Aquinas (1-2) Mr. Slippery Football 118 09-18-17 08:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz