Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-07-18, 02:38 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Terrell Owens declined invitation to his Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-18, 02:48 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thumbs up

I'm not shocked that Yappi has a problem with this. It's his HOF induction. Should he not celebrate the way he wants to?
Old 06-07-18, 02:56 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
He wants attention.

To b1tch and moan about not getting in and then do this. Id rescind it
Old 06-07-18, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Lol. Basically he didn't like Canton. Not that surprising.
Old 06-07-18, 03:11 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you seriously blame someone for not wanting to spend time in Canton, Ohio?
Old 06-07-18, 03:18 PM
All World

Yes they have a Disneyland resort, remember....it is a five star city that will bring in billions bc of luxury hotels, shopping, museum, and assisted living facility for ex con violent thugs.

Tons of people are lining to spend their vacation days there!
Old 06-07-18, 03:46 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if this is set in stone, I hope someone close to him, if that's possible, can ask him to reconsider.

There is not a better individual accomplishment in a pro athlete's career than being elected to that sports hall of fame. He's going to seriously regret this decision. Even if he just goes and talks for 2 minutes and thanks his family and agent, it's better than nothing.

Your sport is trying to acknowledge your accomplishments. To decline the invite to the ceremony, other than for a family emergency or illness, is incredibly disrespectful.
Old 06-07-18, 03:47 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
He wants attention.

To b1tch and moan about not getting in and then do this. Id rescind it
Yea, that worked real well for Trump and the white house invites to pampered millionaire championship athletes.

Leave him be, if he wants to crap on his own accomplishments, so be it. But wrong decision for him and he'll regret it.
Old 06-07-18, 03:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Yea, that worked real well for Trump and the white house invites to pampered millionaire championship athletes.

Leave him be, if he wants to crap on his own accomplishments, so be it. But wrong decision for him and he'll regret it.
Not sure those two situations are even remotely similar.

Last edited by Arrogate; 06-07-18 at 05:34 PM..
Old 06-07-18, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
He should be honored to be invited to the Disney Land of sports hall of fames.

But yeah, not wanting to spend time in that cesspool is completely understandable. Good for T.O..
Old 06-07-18, 05:17 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
If does not want to come ... fine leave him out of the ceremony all together ... I would not even mention him ... then put his bust in a closet.
Old 06-07-18, 05:20 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Not sure those two situations are even remotely similar.
Not even Giuliani would back that statement.
Old 06-07-18, 09:16 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
What if he's confused and thinks the White House and Hall of Fame are the same place?

I wish the media wouldn't cover his "private" celebration, which they'll all be invited to. If you want to celebrate at home with your family then I have no problem, but don't make it a sideshow all about yourself. I have a feeling he'll hear from those he's close to in the NFL, both those that coached him and those he played with, about reconsidering this decision.
Old 06-07-18, 09:20 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
TO=POS. Always has been

Still great, though.
Old 06-08-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Again it comes down to respect. Not surprising the usual suspects cheer the decision.

Ironically he's confirming what his detractors have long said about him.
Old 06-08-18, 07:39 PM
All Yappi

The usual suspects cheer it on because it thriggers sensitive whiners like you who somehow get offended because someone doesn't want to come to your disgusting part of the country.
Old 06-08-18, 08:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Again it comes down to respect. Not surprising the usual suspects cheer the decision.

Ironically he's confirming what his detractors have long said about him.
Here -

Quote:
Troll (2)
trōl/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling

informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
I hope this helps.
Old 06-08-18, 10:29 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
The usual suspects cheer it on because it thriggers sensitive whiners like you who somehow get offended because someone doesn't want to come to your disgusting part of the country.
Not to waste time taking on a troll but...

TO is a big baby and looks pretty foolish. I don't think anyone is getting thriggered by it, they are just making a comment about how silly this guy looks.
Old 06-08-18, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Why does he look foolish? What specific part of his official statement do you have a problem with? The guy said he wants to celebrate his induction elsewhere. It's his induction and his day, I see no problem with him celebrating however or wherever he wants. His past aside, I don't see how anyone could find fault with that.
Old 06-08-18, 11:30 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Because if TO acts as he has in the path, he'll throw himself a party (no problem with that), invite every news channel and then give a speech in the middle of the actual HOF ceremony taking attention from those that do show up. And let's be honest, he would've been overshadowed by some others in the class and can't handle others having the attention.
Old 06-08-18, 11:37 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Why does he look foolish? What specific part of his official statement do you have a problem with? The guy said he wants to celebrate his induction elsewhere. It's his induction and his day, I see no problem with him celebrating however or wherever he wants. His past aside, I don't see how anyone could find fault with that.
The part of his official statement that I have a problem with is that he has an official statement.

It's not a religious objection, his wife isn't having a baby, he doesn't have health problems, no death in the family. It's simply him wanting to disrupt the system.

Expecting people to honor traditions is going away in this country. Making a spectacle of yourself is a growing trend. And let's be honest, he wants to look foolish. It's part of his shtick. So I'm actually honoring his wishes by calling out his foolishness.
Old 06-08-18, 11:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
The part of his official statement that I have a problem with is that he has an official statement.
How? If he doesn't plan on attending it's probably a smart idea to let people know.

Quote:
It's not a religious objection, his wife isn't having a baby, he doesn't have health problems, no death in the family. It's simply him wanting to disrupt the system.
You have no basis to make this claim. Nothing in his official statement implies he's trying to "disrupt the system". To say otherwise is blatant lying.

Quote:
Expecting people to honor traditions is going away in this country. Making a spectacle of yourself is a growing trend. And let's be honest, he wants to look foolish. It's part of his shtick. So I'm actually honoring his wishes by calling out his foolishness.
He wants to look foolish? Not sure how you'd even know that. Making a spectacle? Again, you have no idea that that's his plan. And even if he does, so what? Isn't the Hall of Fame induction ceremony a spectacle in itself?

All I see in this thread are lazy assumptions based on nothing. Again, all we have to go off of is his official statement, which is harmless. He wants to celebrate it his way. After all it's his induction, not anyone elses. I'm not sure why you and others feel that he's obligated to attend the ceremony at the HoF.
Old 06-09-18, 12:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not to waste time taking on a troll but...

TO is a big baby and looks pretty foolish. I don't think anyone is getting thriggered by it, they are just making a comment about how silly this guy looks.
Yappi so thriggered, ronnie so bhoring.
Old 06-09-18, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Apparently if you donít call TO foolish and other names, youíre a troll.
Old 06-09-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Apparently if you donít call TO foolish and other names, youíre a troll.
It's to the point where posting anything not agreeing with a particular ideology gets one labeled as a troll. There's a whole lot of hypocrisy regarding that subject on here.
Old 06-09-18, 08:47 AM
All World

Quote:
How? If he doesn't plan on attending it's probably a smart idea to let people know.

You have no basis to make this claim. Nothing in his official statement implies he's trying to "disrupt the system". To say otherwise is blatant lying.

He wants to look foolish? Not sure how you'd even know that. Making a spectacle? Again, you have no idea that that's his plan. And even if he does, so what? Isn't the Hall of Fame induction ceremony a spectacle in itself?

All I see in this thread are lazy assumptions based on nothing. Again, all we have to go off of is his official statement, which is harmless. He wants to celebrate it his way. After all it's his induction, not anyone elses. I'm not sure why you and others feel that he's obligated to attend the ceremony at the HoF.
We can also go on past behavior. Probably naive to think this isnt attention seeking and "him trying to pull one over the NFL.....

Unless you want to take TO at his word. Dude has an angle and is throwing a big FU to the NFL. I think i like him more now that I think about it
Old 06-09-18, 08:50 AM
All World

He is Marlon Brandoing the Hall of Fame

Honestly these pat me on the back awards shows are stupid. Just like the oscars emmys grammys etc. I see no difference in any of them.
Old 06-09-18, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
We can also go on past behavior. Probably naive to think this isnt attention seeking and "him trying to pull one over the NFL.....

Unless you want to take TO at his word. Dude has an angle and is throwing a big FU to the NFL. I think i like him more now that I think about it
And even if that's the case, I still say who cares? How are people getting offended at this? I guess some poeple hold the "tradition" of the induction ceremony very sacredly. Pretty odd.

Also funny that posters are getting their panties in a bunch because someone goes against what they believe. That's textbook SJW behavior.

Some of these posters actively look for things to upset them so they can be outraged.
Old 06-09-18, 09:30 AM
All World

Quote:
And even if that's the case, I still say who cares? How are people getting offended at this? I guess some poeple hold the "tradition" of the induction ceremony very sacredly. Pretty odd.

Also funny that posters are getting their panties in a bunch because someone goes against what they believe. That's textbook SJW behavior.

Some of these posters actively look for things to upset them so they can be outraged.

Not necessarily saying i disagree. If i was the NFL i would troll him back and rescind the induction. Two can play, why not be petty?!?!?!
Old 06-09-18, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
That would be pretty petty of the nfl.