Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-19, 02:35 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,403
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Question Wheelersburg Warmups

Whatís your guys views on Wheelersburg wearing warmups that say undefeated?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-11-19, 02:38 PM
DonJuanDeMarco DonJuanDeMarco is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-10-18
Posts: 41
DonJuanDeMarco is on a distinguished road
I don't have any.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-19, 03:20 PM
spider2Ybanana spider2Ybanana is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 27
spider2Ybanana is on a distinguished road
No opinion. They were a gift for an undefeated regular season, as were their tournament shoes. No correlation with an "assumed" undefeated tournament run...if that is what you're getting at.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-19, 03:58 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,403
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
I thought funny but Burg fans seemed mad at someone taking a photo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-19, 04:12 PM
Maple_City_Fan Maple_City_Fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-02-05
Location: NHS/St. Paul Trophy Case
Posts: 4,234
Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
One word..........swag
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-19, 04:23 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,167
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good for them. New swag is always good. Haters will hate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-19, 04:56 PM
buckeyes2003 buckeyes2003 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-23-18
Posts: 35
buckeyes2003 is on a distinguished road
Why are we worried about what teams put on their warmup shirts? As long as they’re backing it up on the court.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-19, 05:00 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,743
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Clearly putting the target on their back.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-19, 05:55 PM
spider2Ybanana spider2Ybanana is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 27
spider2Ybanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Clearly putting the target on their back.
There aren't many undefeated teams that don't have a target on their back, so I think that would be the case whether they wore them or not Carl.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-19, 06:44 PM
I love cheeseburgers I love cheeseburgers is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-11-19
Posts: 38
I love cheeseburgers is on a distinguished road
If my team played in that part of the state we would be undefeated also. Southeast is easily the weakest region in the state
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-19, 07:05 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,743
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider2Ybanana View Post
There aren't many undefeated teams that don't have a target on their back, so I think that would be the case whether they wore them or not Carl.
Thanks....that was a play on words.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-19, 07:53 PM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 741
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love cheeseburgers View Post
If my team played in that part of the state we would be undefeated also. Southeast is easily the weakest region in the state
I would have to agree completely. Wheelersburg in southwest Ohio or northern Ohio is closer to 500 than undefeated. Just sayin. And as for the shooting shirts your regular season record means nothing if you donít win the last game of the year.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-12-19, 12:16 AM
1 time 1 time is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-20-18
Posts: 273
1 time is on a distinguished road
I get that they’re having fun but a team that’s that good, wait till you get to Columbus to have some real fun. Nice ride but anything short of Columbus will be a bit of a disappointment.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-12-19, 06:50 AM
Lightning2 Lightning2 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-20-18
Posts: 40
Lightning2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Good for them. New swag is always good. Haters will hate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Agreed. People will find a way to hate on anything. I like it personally. You want them to quit wearing the warm ups? Beat them. Good luck to the Pirates the rest of the way
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-12-19, 07:29 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,472
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Absolutely stupid.
Go undefeated all season, you can wear undefeated all you want but until you finish the season, undefeated, it DOES NOT MEAN A DANG THING.


Some people really wasted a lot of money on those things.

I would think any coach worth a grain of salt wouldn't allow this to even happen.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-12-19, 07:45 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 926
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Absolutely stupid.
Go undefeated all season, you can wear undefeated all you want but until you finish the season, undefeated, it DOES NOT MEAN A DANG THING.


Some people really wasted a lot of money on those things.

I would think any coach worth a grain of salt wouldn't allow this to even happen.
I find your commentary absolutely stupid most of the time. Some people really waste a lot of words on those things. I would think any ref worth a grain of salt would keep his mouth shut most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-12-19, 08:01 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,472
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I find your commentary absolutely stupid most of the time. Some people really waste a lot of words on those things. I would think any ref worth a grain of salt would keep his mouth shut most of the time.
I concur. Any ref worth a grain of salt should keep his mouth shut and don't get rabbit ears, but what does that have to do with this thread?




In looking at your path ahead it appears to be pretty easy with the folks from Coldwater knocking off the top ranked team for you all.


Da Burg likely wins out pretty easily but the fact still remains that it is arrogant as can be, and a waste of $$ (but I hear that area is thriving economically and has money to burn) but hey, whatever floats your ship.

Last edited by thavoice; 03-12-19 at 08:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-12-19, 08:55 AM
GoBucks330 GoBucks330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-06-19
Posts: 7
GoBucks330 is on a distinguished road
should be a very good game on Thursday, looking forward to making the 2 and a half hour road trip!!! Go Cardinals!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-12-19, 09:06 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,472
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks330 View Post
should be a very good game on Thursday, looking forward to making the 2 and a half hour road trip!!! Go Cardinals!!
Long trip for a loss.
Unless you have Jimmy Chitwood suiting up I wouldn't waste the time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-12-19, 09:18 AM
GoBucks330 GoBucks330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-06-19
Posts: 7
GoBucks330 is on a distinguished road
Hahahaha you think Sandy Valley is afraid to play a river school? Have wheelersburg come up and play teams in the north and see how good they do.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-12-19, 09:26 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,472
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks330 View Post
Hahahaha you think Sandy Valley is afraid to play a river school? Have wheelersburg come up and play teams in the north and see how good they do.
Undefeated.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-12-19, 09:33 AM
GoBucks330 GoBucks330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-06-19
Posts: 7
GoBucks330 is on a distinguished road
I hope all the other Wheelersburg fans are as nice as you are!! Go Cardinals!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-12-19, 09:48 AM
spider2Ybanana spider2Ybanana is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-18
Posts: 27
spider2Ybanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks330 View Post
I hope all the other Wheelersburg fans are as nice as you are!! Go Cardinals!!
Don't pay any mind to fans like this guy. Most Wheelersburg fans, as I am, understand that the level of play is not that of central/northern/south west ohio, but we do enjoy some success no matter who the opponent is. Yes they are undefeated, yes they have talent, and yes we understand the schedule is nothing to brag about. I just hate to see people try and take away any of the success with pompus remarks about the school or the kids. Wheelersburg has done a pretty good job of building their sports programs over the past decade. Unfortunately a few idiotic fans tend to put a stain on this success.

This weeks game will be a great one! Fans that understand would agree that the team is not taking anyone lightly, nor looking past any other team to the next round.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-12-19, 09:54 AM
GoBucks330 GoBucks330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-06-19
Posts: 7
GoBucks330 is on a distinguished road
well said...Good luck to your team!! I just hope its a competitive game, I've been a huge Sandy Valley supporter my whole life and this is the first time we have made it to regionals since 1990, I know that our fans have a very long drive for a thursday but we should bring a pretty decent crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-12-19, 09:56 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 215
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Let the kids have some fun.. I see nothing wrong with it
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-12-19, 10:57 AM
tuscoslimshady tuscoslimshady is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-10
Location: the valley
Posts: 208
tuscoslimshady is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider2Ybanana View Post
Don't pay any mind to fans like this guy. Most Wheelersburg fans, as I am, understand that the level of play is not that of central/northern/south west ohio, but we do enjoy some success no matter who the opponent is. Yes they are undefeated, yes they have talent, and yes we understand the schedule is nothing to brag about. I just hate to see people try and take away any of the success with pompus remarks about the school or the kids. Wheelersburg has done a pretty good job of building their sports programs over the past decade. Unfortunately a few idiotic fans tend to put a stain on this success.

This weeks game will be a great one! Fans that understand would agree that the team is not taking anyone lightly, nor looking past any other team to the next round.
Understand completly,its a shame that people have to take away from the accomplishments of your kids,keyboard warriors are vicious at times! Mad respect to Wheelersburg team and community for a Great job! Much Respect From Cardinal Land!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-12-19, 11:01 AM
tuscoslimshady tuscoslimshady is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-10
Location: the valley
Posts: 208
tuscoslimshady is on a distinguished road
Hoping for a good injury free game!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-12-19, 11:13 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,472
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Undefeated.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-12-19, 02:00 PM
Digbee Digbee is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-25-18
Posts: 6
Digbee is on a distinguished road
I'm more upset about the hoods!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-12-19, 04:29 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,820
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Absolutely stupid.
Go undefeated all season, you can wear undefeated all you want but until you finish the season, undefeated, it DOES NOT MEAN A DANG THING.


Some people really wasted a lot of money on those things.

I would think any coach worth a grain of salt wouldn't allow this to even happen.
make the shirts AFTER the season is completed...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheelersburg Little League Softball World Series Champs (2018) Yappi Softball 17 08-15-18 10:39 PM
Really Need Help With These Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 51 11-30-17 04:36 PM
Challenge Game (10/27): Portsmouth West (9-0) at Wheelersburg (9-0) Yappi Football 1 10-22-17 05:41 PM
Challenge Game (10/6): Waverly (5-1) at Wheelersburg (6-0) Yappi Football 0 10-04-17 01:39 PM
Challenge Game (9/22): Wheelersburg (4-0) at Jackson (4-0) Yappi Football 6 09-22-17 11:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz