Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-19, 03:54 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Statewide District Brackets

https://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments...ament-Brackets
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-19, 12:07 PM
All Region

Fizz is on a distinguished road
As always Athens District in Division II Division III Division IV not ready yet
Hopefully by Monday
Old 02-11-19, 12:49 PM
All World

3out2in is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
As always Athens District in Division II Division III Division IV not ready yet
Hopefully by Monday
They are deliberate aren't they?

Not wild about the brackets this year. There are no brackets that show the entire region like the last few years. These made it nice so you could easily see who plays who coming out of districts.
Old 02-11-19, 06:47 PM
All Region

Fizz is on a distinguished road
I like to print brackets,this years printing is light and smaller,must have someone new doing them
Old 02-13-19, 07:56 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
How long have games not been played at the Fairgrounds in Columbus? I always loved going there to watch games.
Old 02-13-19, 08:16 AM
All World

In DIV Dayton 1 District bracket is all screwed up. I wonder how long it'll take them to notice.
Old 02-13-19, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJect View Post
How long have games not been played at the Fairgrounds in Columbus? I always loved going there to watch games.
Itís been a few years. 2015 may have been the last time the district finals were played at the Barn.
Old 02-13-19, 11:28 AM
All World

I really wish the NE would get away from district semifinals on consecutive nights. It's more fan friendly to have doubleheaders and it is a better atmosphere. Plus one team gets an extra day's rest.
Old 02-13-19, 05:01 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJect View Post
https://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-coliseum.html

As someone who played in the old Barn, let me say that I agree with Coach Calo from Westerville South.

Quote:
Although he conceded that his opinion might not be popular among traditionalists, Westerville South coach Ed Calo thinks Central District officials can find a better home for high-school basketball.

ďThe Fairgrounds reeks with tradition and itís impressive to think about all the great players and teams that have come through there over the years,Ē Calo said. ďFor a lot of people around here, itís all we know.

ďBut let me tell you, weíve gone around and scouted at Xavier, Cincinnati, BG and other places, and those facilities are far superior and the experience is so much better compared to the Fairgrounds. The seats are closer to the floor and you can really feel the excitement. The kids and fans in this area deserve a venue like that.Ē
Old 02-14-19, 07:58 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
https://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-coliseum.html

As someone who played in the old Barn, let me say that I agree with Coach Calo from Westerville South.
Yeah, I get it. So, is Ohio Dominican that spot now? I haven't been there. I imagine it's probably like a central Ohio big school gym.
Old 02-15-19, 08:40 PM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately the Central District does not have a big time venue to have the District Tournaments. Yes there is Nationwide Arena but the cost I am sure would out of this world.
Ohio Dominican only holds about 2200 and the location is not the best in getting in and out of the facility- schools have to allocate tickets so some are left out.
OSU cost is to much to have at St Johns Arena. OSU is opening Cavelli Arena for Volleyball and will seat about 3700 but I am sure the cost issue will be an issue since it at OSU.
This year the Central District is going to use the Convention Center for the Division III and Division I boys District Finals- Convention Center is downtown so parking will probably be $5-10.

The Fairgrounds Coliseum served it purpose during its time but is very out of date. It was fun though the first 2 weekends to have game scheduled on Saturday from 10am-9pm-usually 8 or 9 games and you could watch all day long.
Old 02-16-19, 03:49 PM
All American

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
The primary problem with the Barn (aka the ‘Fairgrounds Coliseum’) was a combination of a) the smell, b) the distance between the stands and court and c), frankly, the attitude and aura put on by the staffing available for the games hosted there — put simply a “IDGAF” mentality toward patrons.
Old 02-27-19, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3out2in View Post
I really wish the NE would get away from district semifinals on consecutive nights. It's more fan friendly to have doubleheaders and it is a better atmosphere. Plus one team gets an extra day's rest.
We talk about this all the time.When the semifinals were back to back you could watch both games.Especially if the drive was long.Made the trip worthwhile.Teams could scout their potential district championship match-up.You would think one less night of gym rental and workers etc would make life easier and also an advantage for teams and fans alike. This is too simple and makes too much sense.Used to be this way not that long ago.The one team getting an extra day off is also a valid point but I'm not sure it would make that much difference in the championship game.Atmosphere way better.The other way you feel like your leaving to go home when you just got there.Especially when you go to the JV game prior to the varsity games all year long.Wonder how much lost revenue from fans that can't or won't free up consecutive nights, plus extra gym rental costs profits? Another silly decision from people who make silly decisions .

Last edited by James x2; 02-27-19 at 09:01 AM. Reason: correct
Old 02-27-19, 09:45 AM
Varsity

Northridge2010 is on a distinguished road
Northridges twon hines has been pretty impressive in the tourney so far. Averaging 26 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and 5 spg. Hes doing it on both ends while knocking down his free throws. I think northridge could be a cinderella team this postseason. Until they meet trotwood that is lol. Which wouldnt be till regional finals if northridge can beat ben logan, and the winner of the cincy teams. After that they have the columbus sectional winner in regional semis. Gonna be a good game friday
Old 03-03-19, 02:59 PM
All Ohio

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsee54321 View Post
Unfortunately the Central District does not have a big time venue to have the District Tournaments. Yes there is Nationwide Arena but the cost I am sure would out of this world.
Ohio Dominican only holds about 2200 and the location is not the best in getting in and out of the facility- schools have to allocate tickets so some are left out.
OSU cost is to much to have at St Johns Arena. OSU is opening Cavelli Arena for Volleyball and will seat about 3700 but I am sure the cost issue will be an issue since it at OSU.
This year the Central District is going to use the Convention Center for the Division III and Division I boys District Finals- Convention Center is downtown so parking will probably be $5-10.

The Fairgrounds Coliseum served it purpose during its time but is very out of date. It was fun though the first 2 weekends to have game scheduled on Saturday from 10am-9pm-usually 8 or 9 games and you could watch all day long.

I donít know why Ohio State charges considerably more than Xavier, UD, or even UC. Hard to believe OSU would cut the OHSAA a break for 2-3 nights every year. Is Ohio State THAT much greedier than the other DI schools in Ohio? OSU makes as much money as any other athletic department in the NCAA....smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-19, 10:14 PM
Freshman

Heelinohio is on a distinguished road
Anyone know exactly where in the Columbus Convention Center they're going to be playing the District finals? I know there's no kind of permanent basketball seating...
Many years ago the 2-time champion Columbus Quest!! played in a make-shift arena which was part of the Convention Center. They called it Battelle Hall (I think) -- bright yellow portable seating. It wasn't awful - certainly better than the Fairgrounds.
Old 03-11-19, 11:10 AM
All Ohio

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
I heard the seating was not bad in the convention center in Columbus, but did hear the seat where to close, it was like sitting on top of each other. In central ohio from DI to DIV has been some entertaining games. The DII district games were great!
Old 03-12-19, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
I donít know why Ohio State charges considerably more than Xavier, UD, or even UC. Hard to believe OSU would cut the OHSAA a break for 2-3 nights every year. Is Ohio State THAT much greedier than the other DI schools in Ohio? OSU makes as much money as any other athletic department in the NCAA....smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe Ohio State really doesn't want it so they price it up. If the OHSAA accepts, then good for them, but they likely dont want the hassle.