Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-27-19, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonComet View Post
Agreed. And Milford has a nice team to boot.
Records can be deceiving but 15-3 vs. 10-10 should be competitive?
Old 02-27-19, 07:15 PM
Freshman

Dud is on a distinguished road
Depending on strength of schedule, yes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-19, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Mason should plaster Milford.
Old 02-27-19, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud View Post
Depending on strength of schedule, yes

I checked Milford's schedule...SOS is weak. Mason wins by 15+
Old 02-27-19, 09:36 PM
Freshman

Dud is on a distinguished road
You could be right, I dont know much about either team just that sometimes records can be misleading

Old 02-27-19, 09:44 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I checked Milford's schedule...SOS is weak. Mason wins by 15+
As another poster stated, it all depends which Mason team shows up. In the Middletown game, Mason had more turnovers than made field goals. Ville should want Mason after the pathetic loss the last time they played Mason. Ville can beat either team, that is for sure.
Old 02-27-19, 09:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonComet View Post
Agreed. And Milford has a nice team to boot.
GCL schools base everything thing off of the GCL.
Old 02-28-19, 06:26 AM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Relevance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
As another poster stated, it all depends which Mason team shows up. In the Middletown game, Mason had more turnovers than made field goals. Ville should want Mason after the pathetic loss the last time they played Mason. Ville can beat either team, that is for sure.
I had to look the last Mason game up. It was two years ago and a 6 point loss in the tourney. You really do have something hard for Centerville if you recall that game and call 6 points a pathetic loss. I'm starting to wonder if you had a kid on a Cupps team who didn't play as much as you thought they should, or maybe one who got cut. Or maybe you just don't like an entire town for some reason. Come clean and really tell us why the Centerville hate.
Old 02-28-19, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk some sense View Post
I had to look the last Mason game up. It was two years ago and a 6 point loss in the tourney. You really do have something hard for Centerville if you recall that game and call 6 points a pathetic loss. I'm starting to wonder if you had a kid on a Cupps team who didn't play as much as you thought they should, or maybe one who got cut. Or maybe you just don't like an entire town for some reason. Come clean and really tell us why the Centerville hate.
That team relied on one player. He did not show up and the team was like fish out of water.

I have said good things about Ville. I do not go for the hype and that ruffles your feathers. I have no ties with Ville. I am glad that cupps stepped into one of the top programs in the area.
Old 02-28-19, 12:46 PM
Freshman

maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That team relied on one player. He did not show up and the team was like fish out of water.

I have said good things about Ville. I do not go for the hype and that ruffles your feathers. I have no ties with Ville. I am glad that cupps stepped into one of the top programs in the area.

Hype ???
Old 02-28-19, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by maravich View Post
Hype ???
cups is the best coach in the region.

Based on young talent, state championship(s) are a possibility.

There is an 8th grader with the same skill level as kennard.

These are just three examples.

I hope Ville is good because the gwoc and SW Ohio are down. We need all of the good teams that we can get. I think that they have a chance to beat mason/Milford.
Old 02-28-19, 02:28 PM
Varsity

Feathers not ruffled

I'm not upset, just curious. Personally, projecting state championships off of 8th and 9th graders seems a stretch, but I guess that's why fan is short for fanatic. Do you pop balloons for all the other schools whose fans spout hyperbole? Or is it just Centerville that galls you so much?
Old 02-28-19, 02:48 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I hope Ville is good because the gwoc and SW Ohio are down. We need all of the good teams that we can get. I think that they have a chance to beat mason/Milford.

Rockhold is the best in the region. Slow down on the Cupps is better then Pat Riley thing. He has got to win first.. What has he won at Centerville?

Kennerd never made it to Columbus...Slow down on the 8th grade leading yall to the promise land. Lot's of lofty goals and end expectations. remember this:

Jim Staley- 452-345 record, 12 league titles, nine district titles and four state final fours--NO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

He had some great talent too as well as Darnell Hoskins and Derrick Brown on a team or too? I say that to just remind you, getting to the Columbus is not that easy and winning it is even harder. Slow down and let things play out. Centerville's young group is good but how good? Time will have to tell......
Old 02-28-19, 02:54 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Rockhold is the best in the region. Slow down on the Cupps is better then Pat Riley thing. He has got to win first.. What has he won at Centerville?

Kennerd never made it to Columbus...Slow down on the 8th grade leading yall to the promise land. Lot's of lofty goals and end expectations. remember this:

Jim Staley- 452-345 record, 12 league titles, nine district titles and four state final fours--NO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

He had some great talent too as well as Darnell Hoskins and Derrick Brown on a team or too? I say that to just remind you, getting to the Columbus is not that easy and winning it is even harder. Slow down and let things play out. Centerville's young group is good but how good? Time will have to tell......
M1, SALUTE!
Old 02-28-19, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

You did not read the post before mine. He said what hype? I listed 3 instances of recent hype.
Old 02-28-19, 03:47 PM
All American

Quote:
You did not read the post before mine. He said what hype? I listed 3 instances of recent hype.
Not at you Bro! Just responding to the hype!! You listed the hype I listed why I felt is was hype!
Old 02-28-19, 03:50 PM
Varsity

Quote:

Hard was "quoting" some of what he thought were overly enthusiastic Centerville posters. That's not what he was saying. Which years did Staley make the Final 4?
Old 02-28-19, 03:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Hard was "quoting" some of what he thought were overly enthusiastic Centerville posters. That's not what he was saying. Which years did Staley make the Final 4?
I get it.. I was responding to those fans and what is out there about Cupps. Good coach but slow down. Was not directed at him (Hard). My bad if he took it that way.
Old 02-28-19, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I get it.. I was responding to those fans and what is out there about Cupps. Good coach but slow down. Was not directed at him (Hard). My bad if he took it that way.
No, my bad, Member. Have a good one. Go Rams. Do you reacall the TM v Ville games when Wright was there? Dogfights.
Old 02-28-19, 06:21 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Mason should plaster Milford.
Mason should've plastered Withrow who isn't very good. While it ended up being a larger margin, Withrow was within 4 of Mason early in the 4th quarter. Mason is not a great team by any means. They are good, but not great. Milford is playing well now. I think Mason wins, but I think it will be closer than most people think. Milford's coach is a very good coach.
Old 02-28-19, 06:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I'm not upset, just curious. Personally, projecting state championships off of 8th and 9th graders seems a stretch, but I guess that's why fan is short for fanatic. Do you pop balloons for all the other schools whose fans spout hyperbole? Or is it just Centerville that galls you so much?
I have talked about previous seasons in other posts stating what great teams Ville has had. I have said good things about this year’s team. Audacious claims have been made. I just state the obvious.

Yes and parades.
Old 02-28-19, 10:11 PM
Freshman

maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I guess I misunderstood. I thought a topic entitled "2018/2019 Centerville ELKS" meant the topic was about THIS season's boy's HIGH SCHOOL team. So I thought you meant some type of hype about this years team.

Not the what if's and maybe's and could be's of what the current 8th grade and 9th grade kids will do over the next few years. Or whether a kid will be as good as Luke Kennard. There are some good players in those grades but as others have said, only time will tell.

I follow Centerville hoops some and other than what, maybe 4-5 people posting on this frivolous high school sports website....I don't ever hear anyone projecting state championship's.

It is curious though that if you are as "impartial" as you try to state about Centerville, why it would bother you so much??? Or why you on purpose misspell the head coach's name as cups and don't capitalize it and spell it right. Clearly, if an adult is taking time out to go watch an 8th grade basketball game, I would think you know the actual correct name of the high school coach.

The reading between the lines on your posts (including the one you deleted from CJ's topic thread) is pretty clear to me.

As such a basketball expert, you have any thoughts about boxing out the shooter on the first shot of a two shot free throw ?

What would be your top 5 Centerville teams that you mentioned in another post?
Old 02-28-19, 10:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by maravich View Post
I guess I misunderstood. I thought a topic entitled "2018/2019 Centerville ELKS" meant the topic was about THIS season's boy's HIGH SCHOOL team. So I thought you meant some type of hype about this years team.

Not the what if's and maybe's and could be's of what the current 8th grade and 9th grade kids will do over the next few years. Or whether a kid will be as good as Luke Kennard. There are some good players in those grades but as others have said, only time will tell.

I follow Centerville hoops some and other than what, maybe 4-5 people posting on this frivolous high school sports website....I don't ever hear anyone projecting state championship's.

It is curious though that if you are as "impartial" as you try to state about Centerville, why it would bother you so much??? Or why you on purpose misspell the head coach's name as cups and don't capitalize it and spell it right. Clearly, if an adult is taking time out to go watch an 8th grade basketball game, I would think you know the actual correct name of the high school coach.

The reading between the lines on your posts (including the one you deleted from CJ's topic thread) is pretty clear to me.

As such a basketball expert, you have any thoughts about boxing out the shooter on the first shot of a two shot free throw ?

What would be your top 5 Centerville teams that you mentioned in another post?
Alright pistol peet (Lol),

Who cares about Cupps’ name? Is that you, Coach?

Enlighten me on the deleted CJ comment. Hint: If it was deleted, I decided that I did not like it.

I never claimed to be an “expert” on anything. I state what is obvious.

I do not even contemplate what my top 5 OSU football teams are let alone my top 5 Ville basketball teams are. I will take the bait and say coach stalee’s last 5 teams. They played extremely smart and if they could run they would be allowed to run.

If you are having a difficult time “hearing” what someone types, turn the volume up.
Old 03-01-19, 07:44 AM
Varsity

Now I understand Hard Corps

So it's not a Centerville thing. Sounds like you're butt hurt over Staley being let go. And that's OK, a few others were as well. But might be time to move on.

I love the irony of his teams being able to run if they could. Since there was one 5'10", 240 lb shooting guard in those last Staley years who couldn't run at all and was subbed offense / defense in the first half even.
Old 03-01-19, 08:13 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
So it's not a Centerville thing. Sounds like you're butt hurt over Staley being let go. And that's OK, a few others were as well. But might be time to move on.

I love the irony of his teams being able to run if they could. Since there was one 5'10", 240 lb shooting guard in those last Staley years who couldn't run at all and was subbed offense / defense in the first half even.
I think this conversation is over. Have a great weekend. Good luck to the Elks.
Old 03-01-19, 02:37 PM
U. S. American

MasonComet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Records can be deceiving but 15-3 vs. 10-10 should be competitive?
The fact that no one really seemed particularly surprised that #17 Milford beat #6 Lasalle is all you need to know about basketball in Cincinnati this year. There is a lot of balance. Moeller and Lakota East are clearly 1 & 2, IMO, but after that there are a lot streaky teams and a lot of slightly above average teams that play really hard.
Old 03-01-19, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

16 in a row

Elks vs. Comets on March 9th. Xenia put up a better fight than I expected. Elks held Curtis in check for 3 quarters to 5 points.
Old 03-09-19, 08:35 AM
All Ohio

Centerville vs. Mason

Any score predictions? I will take the Elks 55-48.
Old 03-09-19, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Any score predictions? I will take the Elks 55-48.
41-38 Elks
Old 03-09-19, 02:15 PM
U. S. American

MasonComet is on a distinguished road
Wink Prediction

Elks 53-43

I wouldn’t mind being proven wrong.