Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 09:19 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
New Richmond getting the #7 seed is funny. They will almost certainly lose to Goshen for the second time this season and they just lost to Taylor who is the #13. Their record is wildly deceiving.
Old 02-11-19, 09:47 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
D3 at Western Brown:

Reading #3, took bye and will play winner of Clermont Northeastern/Country Day. They beat CCD by 5 early in the year but Reading's a lot better now than they were in December. Clermont NE lost by 22 at home to Mariemont; Taylor beat them too.
Madeira #6, has bye and will play Clark who they beat by 7 early in the year.
Mariemont #9, will open with St. Bernard, winner to play CHCA.

D3 at Princeton:

Deer Park #4, has bye and will play winner of Williamsburg and Fayetteville.
Finneytown #15, also has a bye and will play Blanchester. I'll be there, unfortunately, because it means first watching Purcell annihilate the worst team in the district (winless East Clinton) a few days after playing the next-to-worst (Riverside East). Why the association sets things up to maximize the number of mismatches I'll never understand--at least let #18 and #19 play each other first before one of them gets overwhelmed?

D2 at Mason:

Wyoming #3, plays Summit CD, then Roger Bacon/Shroder winner. Aiken is on the other side of that section--it's odd that Taft and Hughes chose the same side but maybe they're looking ahead to the first game in Dayton, when they get a Springfield section champ while Wyoming/Aiken has to play a Dayton winner.

Indian Hill #6 plays Taylor #13, winner almost certainly gets Hughes in the second round.
Aiken lost to McNick by 10 on Saturday. They should meet again in round 2. I have Wyoming v. McMick playing eventually with Wyoming probably winning. Whomever wins gets Chaminade Juliene from the upper bracket, that will be a tough out.
Old 02-13-19, 08:36 AM
Varsity

Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
Old 02-13-19, 08:56 AM
All Region

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
I would put nothing past them, their lack of integrity knows no bounds.
Old 02-13-19, 09:25 PM
All American

yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not as fun to post the stats when you're not running up the score on teams like St. Bernard and winning by 60.
Old 02-15-19, 08:19 AM
Junior Varsity

scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only game missing stats is the IH game from last Friday. Not sure how not reporting ONE game shows that DP is doing something bad or as others said being dishonest.
Old 02-15-19, 08:51 AM
Varsity

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweeper19 View Post
The only game missing stats is the IH game from last Friday. Not sure how not reporting ONE game shows that DP is doing something bad or as others said being dishonest.
uhhhh...they're often 2-3 weeks behind at least!
Old 02-15-19, 02:30 PM
Junior Varsity

scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
uhhhh.....ok well they are not now at the time of the original post and it makes it look like some people no matter what happens at DP will try to tear them down for anything. They cant complain out transfers, or winning the league or winning state or going undefended this year so lets complain that stats are not put in a system quick enough to meet their standard. It makes people look like a bunch of entitled kids that didn't get their way.
Old 02-15-19, 02:33 PM
Varsity

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweeper19 View Post
uhhhh.....ok well they are not now at the time of the original post and it makes it look like some people no matter what happens at DP will try to tear them down for anything. They cant complain out transfers, or winning the league or winning state or going undefended this year so lets complain that stats are not put in a system quick enough to meet their standard. It makes people look like a bunch of entitled kids that didn't get their way.
Old 02-17-19, 10:46 PM
All Ohio

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
I don't know how this works at other schools, but that was a big surprise for me when I moved back here. When I was in school at Finneytown in the 70s we had a crew of 3-5 students at every game keeping stats (that might seem like a lot but this was in the days before computers and it took at least two just to make sure everything got recorded right, and a younger student or two would be there to learn the ropes working the JV game). After a home game there would always be a statistician in the coaches' office phoning the story into the Enquirer. S/he even got the byline in the paper.

When I moved back in 2010 there was no such thing and only a couple of people around even remembered there ever had been. Every couple of weeks the head coach would go through the game films, compile the stats himself and send them in to the league and newspaper. 2-3 weeks late? It's a wonder they get done at all.

I don't know what happened, or when. There was never any shortage of kids that wanted the job back then. Or to be the manager. Or a soccer ball girl--anybody remember those?
Old 02-18-19, 05:45 AM
All Ohio

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know how this works at other schools, but that was a big surprise for me when I moved back here. When I was in school at Finneytown in the 70s we had a crew of 3-5 students at every game keeping stats (that might seem like a lot but this was in the days before computers and it took at least two just to make sure everything got recorded right, and a younger student or two would be there to learn the ropes working the JV game). After a home game there would always be a statistician in the coaches' office phoning the story into the Enquirer. S/he even got the byline in the paper.

When I moved back in 2010 there was no such thing and only a couple of people around even remembered there ever had been. Every couple of weeks the head coach would go through the game films, compile the stats himself and send them in to the league and newspaper. 2-3 weeks late? It's a wonder they get done at all.

I don't know what happened, or when. There was never any shortage of kids that wanted the job back then. Or to be the manager. Or a soccer ball girl--anybody remember those?
At my high school the stat girls were terrible. We played a game my senior year where the other team used assistant/JV coaches to keep stats. Our girls had me down for 7 rebounds, the home team had me down for 25. I already wondered hope many rebounds I actually had that season. Lol
Old 03-03-19, 02:48 AM
All American

Cantrell
How about those Blue Devils.
Old 03-03-19, 11:26 PM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
Aiken lost to McNick by 10 on Saturday. They should meet again in round 2. I have Wyoming v. McMick playing eventually with Wyoming probably winning. Whomever wins gets Chaminade Juliene from the upper bracket, that will be a tough out.
Boy were you way off LOL
Old 03-04-19, 08:46 AM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrell View Post
How about those Blue Devils.
Who?
Old 03-05-19, 08:28 AM
Varsity

Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
Reading is playing well...and are well coached! Stidham was my choice for COY in the league. Here is a young coach that is running a really nice offense...more modern and open than most high schools and has his guys bought in on defense...Don't think they can win the region as Purcell is dynamite but hope they bring home a district medal for the CHL!
Old 03-05-19, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Reading is playing well...and are well coached! Stidham was my choice for COY in the league. Here is a young coach that is running a really nice offense...more modern and open than most high schools and has his guys bought in on defense...Don't think they can win the region as Purcell is dynamite but hope they bring home a district medal for the CHL!
Man I remember as recent as the past few years fans just killing the Coach at Reading even though they had 0 talent. I haven't seen much of that this year or all the DP fans.
Old 03-11-19, 10:55 AM
All Region

With Reading and Deer Park Elite bowing out I guess that closes the book on the CHL for the year.
Saw something this weekend that made me wonder. Saw a northern Ohio league listing of their conference all time leading scorers list for 1000pts and above. Any guesses who would be on that list in the CHL? I think Bennentendi is Madeira's all time, Shaw is IH's all time, Wise is DP all time. Grayson for Wyoming?? How many 1000pt players for each school? Would be cool to see a complete CHL list.
Old 03-11-19, 06:43 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
With Reading and Deer Park Elite bowing out I guess that closes the book on the CHL for the year.
Saw something this weekend that made me wonder. Saw a northern Ohio league listing of their conference all time leading scorers list for 1000pts and above. Any guesses who would be on that list in the CHL? I think Bennentendi is Madeira's all time, Shaw is IH's all time, Wise is DP all time. Grayson for Wyoming?? How many 1000pt players for each school? Would be cool to see a complete CHL list.
The late Mark Hawkins (class of '04) is Finneytown's all-time leading scorer.
Old 03-11-19, 08:10 PM
All Region

Any idea how many points Hawkins had?
Old 03-11-19, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
any idea how many points hawkins had?
Old 03-11-19, 10:48 PM
All American

Joey Edmonds had 1316. That doesn't include their last game of the season

Lonnie Grayson had 1339

Andrew Benintendi had 1584

Colin Shaw had 1488

Just a few that I found on the website
Old 03-12-19, 06:56 AM
All Region

I think Benintendi had a lot more than that. What web site? Maybe all those numbers donít include post season games?
Old 03-12-19, 08:00 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think Benintendi had a lot more than that. What web site? Maybe all those numbers donít include post season games?
From the CHL statistics pages, Benintendi had:

2010: 217
2011: 331
2012: 484
2013: 552

Total: 1584

They show 20 games for the first three seasons and 22 for the fourth, so that's regular season only. I'm guessing Yappimember67's other numbers are the same; the figure I gave for Hawkins probably includes postseason but I'm not absolutely certain.

The league website only has stats back to '06/07.
Old 03-12-19, 08:01 AM
All American

Quote:
Using CHLSports.com
As far as I can tell, all post season games are included

2013 - 552 points in 22 games
2012 - 484 points in 20 games
2011 - 331 points in 20 games
2010 - 217 points in 20 games
Old 03-12-19, 08:19 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappimember67 View Post
Using CHLSports.com
As far as I can tell, all post season games are included

2013 - 552 points in 22 games
2012 - 484 points in 20 games
2011 - 331 points in 20 games
2010 - 217 points in 20 games
Those game totals were the length of each regular season. Per the same website Madeira was 19-6 in 2013, for example, including three tournament games.
Old 03-12-19, 11:10 AM
All American

Quote:
Those game totals were the length of each regular season. Per the same website Madeira was 19-6 in 2013, for example, including three tournament games.
Ah, I see. The stats are on the website for postseason games, but they aren’t factored into the totals I was looking at in another spot.

So if we factor in postseason games...

2013 - 638
2012 - 515
2011 - 351
2010 - 249

That total would be 1753

Including post season would also put Lonnie Grayson at about 1517 and Colin Shaw at about 1660.