Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-27-18, 03:46 PM
All District

ball 4 is on a distinguished road
St Thomas is applying to the PTC.
Old 01-11-19, 11:51 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Big game tonight as the VASJ Vikings host the Benedictine Bengals. This could be the first of three meetings this year if both are lucky enough to win their respective districts. I expect a close game and a great atmosphere in Viking Village. This is a triple header as the Freshman start at 4:30.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 01-11-19, 06:36 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Hoban host CCC tonight for the first time in many years. New alignment has some very good matchups and this should be a good one.
Old 01-25-19, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Been traveling a ton and have not had time to keep up on the hoops season, does anyone have an idea on the standings of the three Divisions at this point of the season?
Old 01-25-19, 05:40 PM
All World

VASJ has a very tough one tonight at Hoban. Vikings are coming off a lack luster performance Monday in a loss to Iggy. Benedictine had a solid win Thursday night on the road against a good CCC team.

Old 01-28-19, 07:29 PM
All World

VASJ is still buzzing over the dramatic come from behind win at Hoban. The final 24 seconds was incredible. There was a NBA distance 3 to tie the game, a half court shot by Hoban waved off by a double dribble / travel call (good call) and a greatly designed inbound play that left a guy wide open under the basket for the win.

Lost in all the excitement is the fact that somehow VASJ is still unbeaten in NCL Red Division play.

The Vikings have a tough one in Viking Village Friday as arch rival CCC comes to town. Also on the horizon is what is sure to be a battle on the road with Bene. The Bene game will be every bit as tough as the Hoban game was.

Old 01-28-19, 10:41 PM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
It would be a good idea to come out with effort and attitude and stick it to the Ironman from the get go.
Old 02-01-19, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

CCC goes to VASJ and Benny hosts Hoban tonight. I really like this new NCL set up...
Old 02-01-19, 04:56 PM
All Ohio

VASJ vs CCC is postponed until Tue.Feb5th.
Old 02-01-19, 08:04 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
How about this one:
Walsh Jesuit beatdown Lake Catholic winning 65-52 over in Mentor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-19, 10:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
How about this one:
Walsh Jesuit beatdown Lake Catholic winning 65-52 over in Mentor.

That hurts my soul.......…….:.Yea right

Last edited by James x2; 02-01-19 at 10:42 PM. Reason: change
Old 02-01-19, 10:58 PM
All World

Didn't VASJ beat Walsh on the road this year ? I'm pretty sure they did. That has to help come seeding time for districts.

Old 02-01-19, 11:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Didn't VASJ beat Walsh on the road this year ? I'm pretty sure they did. That has to help come seeding time for districts.

Very bad loss for Lake

Old 02-02-19, 04:45 AM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Didn’t LC beat Walsh on the road this year? I’m pretty sure they did.

Didn’t VASJ lose by 20 to St. Ignatius at the Purple Palace? Didn’t LC beat St. Ignatius on a neutral court? I’m pretty sure they did.
Old 02-02-19, 04:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Very bad loss for Lake

Lol I’ve never seen so much excitement from the VASJ crew over an LC loss. You have 4 posts on 3 different threads about the Walsh “beat down” last night.

Why so excited? Is the seeding that important to you all? IMO, I don’t think it really matters who gets 1 or 2 seed and these teams will be seeing each other in Ashtabula regardless.
Old 02-02-19, 07:14 AM
All World

I agree - the seeding does not really matter. VASJ has a brutal run of games coming up and will have to play well to win more then they lose. Not only do they have tough games - but several are on the road. I think people are more surprised that Lake lost at home to Walsh as well as the Cougars have been playing. These are still kids and they have bad outings once and awhile. Joe's laid an absolute egg against Iggy (at home ) and 3 days later beats Hoban on the road. Lake has a solid team and I'm pretty sure the Cougars and Vikings will decide who goes to Canton.
Old 02-02-19, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Lol I’ve never seen so much excitement from the VASJ crew over an LC loss. You have 4 posts on 3 different threads about the Walsh “beat down” last night.

Why so excited? Is the seeding that important to you all? IMO, I don’t think it really matters who gets 1 or 2 seed and these teams will be seeing each other in Ashtabula regardless.
Stick around there is a lot more coming.And for the record.....VASJ is not closing its doors.We don't like each other.This has gone on since the 70's. Lake Catholic,Celtics,Steelers,Michigan.All the same to me.That school in Lake County.

Last edited by James x2; 02-02-19 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-02-19, 11:36 AM
All World

The incoming class this year at VASJ was larger then that of Lake Catholic - I dont think Joe's is going anywhere.

Old 02-02-19, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Benny drops another tough one in OT, this time to Hoban. A missed free throw by Davin Zeigler was basically the difference. Maybe these close Ls in OT will help them come playoff time...
Old 02-02-19, 04:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Stick around there is a lot more coming.And for the record.....VASJ is not closing its doors.We don't like each other.This has gone on since the 70's. Lake Catholic,Celtics,Steelers,Michigan.All the same to me.That school in Lake County.
Who said VASJ was closing? There is a lot more coming? That school in Lake County?

Get a grip
Old 02-02-19, 04:23 PM
All World

Quote:
The incoming class this year at VASJ was larger then that of Lake Catholic - I dont think Joe's is going anywhere.

Thanks for the info. But I do have a question, who said VASJ was closing?
Old 02-02-19, 04:27 PM
All World

I have not heard that rumor for years. VASJ is pretty solid right now.

Old 02-02-19, 06:27 PM
All American

North Coast League ('18/'19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Who said VASJ was closing? There is a lot more coming? That school in Lake County?

Get a grip

I mean the school closing rumors was used as a ploy to get kids that were from St.Joes legacy families to go to Lake Catholic back in the 00’s. My grade school traditionally with a connection to VA/St.Joes/VASJ only had 3 kids from my class go to VASJ with 90% going to LC and their reasoning was “Joes is going to close and don’t want to be around when it does.” Even the two classes prior to my class had the same issue. It wasn’t until 3-4 years later when they started drawing kids back Joes when everyone realized, hey Joes isn’t going anywhere. They used the same ploy when I had to shadow LC because it was mandatory by my school to look at 2 different HS despite being 100% committed to St.Joes and left a bitter taste in my mouth. So yes most alums are bitter about it still. It left a bad taste. LCHS this is not directed at you so my apologies if it rubs off like that, but that’s the general feelings of us associated with St.Joes regarding LC. 2010-11 school year when there were 40 some kids in the c/o 2014, we all feared and had the feeling that the school wasn’t going to survive the next two years until c/o 2015 showed up and brought the numbers back up. I even have a few friends that went to LC the same time I was at Joes, and from time and time I tease them about it in good fun. Oh well

Last edited by C'Town216; 02-02-19 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-02-19, 07:43 PM
All American

North Coast League ('18/'19)

Looks like St.Ignatius found their stride as they were beating up Benedictine 31-18 at the half, last time I checked.

Old 02-02-19, 07:45 PM
All District

vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
C'town

What are you talking about??? Would you consider Belichick a very good head coach when he coached the Browns? NO WAY!!!!! What has Moran accomplished to be considered a very good head coach? You have some connection to him that obstructs your objectivity. Do not compare him to BABE. Let me clue you in on something. When you win districts-regionals-states on a consistent basis then we can be labeled as very good/excellent/superior. Until that time, keep your head down and keep working. That ends the lesson and "coffee is for closers."
Old 02-02-19, 08:16 PM
All American

bluengold
Ignatius 74 Benedictine 38. final

Starting with the VASJ game, Ignatius has played very well with a balanced inside-outside offense and tough D.
Benedictine shot a lot (and missed) from outside. Bengals had tough back-to-back games vs Hoban and the Wildcats, and appeared to lack energy.
Old 02-02-19, 08:46 PM
All World

I dont feel as bad about the Vikings loss to Iggy as I did last week - Ouch. The Iggy team I saw at Joe's did not look like a team that should of had the record they did.

I think it's safe to say the Wildcats are starting to mesh and hit their stride.

Old 02-03-19, 12:03 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings4life View Post
What are you talking about??? Would you consider Belichick a very good head coach when he coached the Browns? NO WAY!!!!! What has Moran accomplished to be considered a very good head coach? You have some connection to him that obstructs your objectivity. Do not compare him to BABE. Let me clue you in on something. When you win districts-regionals-states on a consistent basis then we can be labeled as very good/excellent/superior. Until that time, keep your head down and keep working. That ends the lesson and "coffee is for closers."

Yeah no I have no affiliation with the Morans’ last time I checked. That’s fake news my friend. I mean to Matt’s defense, he has helped make a pretty average program to relevancy for the first time in I’m sure it’s history outside of their flukish Final Four run when they somehow beat St.V. I guess it helped a bit knowing some of those kids on that team went to the same grade school as me and most had some connection to St.Joes that were drawn away by the closing rumors spread around by some in the Lake community.

Idk why you’re getting your panties all up in a bunch over a simple comment. In all honesty, Lake is very “overrated” and over hyped. I will give him credit for taking that program and making them a competitive team instead of the basketball punching bag they used to be which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t have had the success with a different coach. So stop being a jack and making mountains out of mole hills.

Old 02-03-19, 12:17 AM
All Ohio

Steelers,celtics,That school up north.That school in Lake County.It is what it is.Get a grip.Go to confession if this troubles you so much.
Old 02-03-19, 12:55 AM
All District

vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah no I have no affiliation with the Morans’ last time I checked. That’s fake news my friend. I mean to Matt’s defense, he has helped make a pretty average program to relevancy for the first time in I’m sure it’s history outside of their flukish Final Four run when they somehow beat St.V. I guess it helped a bit knowing some of those kids on that team went to the same grade school as me and most had some connection to St.Joes that were drawn away by the closing rumors spread around by some in the Lake community.

Idk why you’re getting your panties all up in a bunch over a simple comment. In all honesty, Lake is very “overrated” and over hyped. I will give him credit for taking that program and making them a competitive team instead of the basketball punching bag they used to be which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t have had the success with a different coach. So stop being a jack and making mountains out of mole hills.

You may call me what you like but I am honest. According to you, LC was the top seed just yesterday. Today, they are overrated. What are they going to be tomorrow? You are not making any sense. Be genuine and people will respect those words.