Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-19, 08:27 PM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Are you saying that Coach Mason is making up some stories about pursuing other jobs or even being pursued so he draws attention to himself even though he has no desire to leave? Are you saying heís doing this so the people at Brush feel compelled to tell him what a good job heís doing? I donít believe it for a second. Coach Mason is no egomaniac. Heís in it for the kids.
Well if he's in it for the kids, and being hotly pursued for these numerous other jobs, he better roll up his sleeves and get to work, because he currently has a tourney record of 3-4.......seems as though that comes up a little short of elite status.
Old 03-14-19, 08:31 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
He has to go 44-1 in the postseason to tie Babe's current record. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 03-14-19, 09:15 PM
All Region

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
He has to go 44-1 in the postseason to tie Babe's current record. Just saying.

What is this unhealthy obsession you have for Coach Babe? No one is talking about that guy on here and you bring him up constantly. We get it, he gave a free sweatshirt and shook your hand. You adore the guy.
Old 03-15-19, 05:23 AM
All World

If your going to claim somebody to be looked at as elite - like you do with Coach Mason, then you need to see what elite actually is. I think once you do then maybe you will see how average he is. Hell who am I kidding - you are not wired to think that rationally.

Old 03-15-19, 07:57 AM
All Region

I'll tell you what, it was obvious that Mentor played the game of their season against Brush and in the tournament it is a one game playoff. It's not like it is the NBA where a 7 game series decides and the best team always wins. You saw what happened when Mentor had to play their next game and they were mentally and physically depleted from the grind they were put through against Brush. Coach Mason and Brush may not have beaten Mentor on the scoreboard that night at Euclid but they sure as heck beat them the next game when Mentor had to play Green. I'd imagine the Green HC will be sending over a basket of bagels to Coach Mason at some point in thanks.
Old 03-15-19, 12:02 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll tell you what, it was obvious that Mentor played the game of their season against Brush and in the tournament it is a one game playoff. It's not like it is the NBA where a 7 game series decides and the best team always wins. You saw what happened when Mentor had to play their next game and they were mentally and physically depleted from the grind they were put through against Brush. Coach Mason and Brush may not have beaten Mentor on the scoreboard that night at Euclid but they sure as heck beat them the next game when Mentor had to play Green. I'd imagine the Green HC will be sending over a basket of bagels to Coach Mason at some point in thanks.

Old 03-15-19, 01:32 PM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This might be one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
Old 03-15-19, 07:12 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mentor is a team that is so well-conditioned that they typically press everyone 94 ft for 32 minutes every game and do that against some of the best competition game-in and game-out all year long, and BRUSH is the team that finally wears them out so badly that Mentor couldn't recover even days later. Green can thank Brush for its win. WOW. The more you type, the worse this gets. Green is a great team with the most under-rated coach in NEO. They earned their win.
Old 03-15-19, 07:15 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coach Mason announced on Twitter yesterday that he is turning down some serious job offers to remain at Brush. What a humble thing to do ... selfless approach to coaching young men. ].
Quote:
Are you saying that Coach Mason ... draws attention to himself I donít believe it for a second. Coach Mason is no egomaniac.
You and the rest of us have a different definition of humble. And yes, he's drawing attention to himself. Yes, he's a self-promoter.

Here's a breakdown of ONE recent tweet of his, maybe the one you're referring to:
1) "Seems like i was just in Russia playing Pro 🏀2015." (Hey, everyone, in case you didn't know, I used to play pro ball in Russia - blatant self-promotion).

2) "Coming in with NO coaching EXPERIENCE (as THEY say&#128514 to now 69-29 overall record." (Look how great I am. I showed the haters. Just look at how good my record is.)

3) "3 conference championships and 3 COY awards with ONLY 4 years under my belt." (in case you're not impressed with my record, look what else I've done)

NONE of this is humble. A humble person doesn't say ANY of this stuff. And again, this guy hosted a tournament and named it after himself??? Wow!! Feel free to call him a good coach if you want. Feel free to tell us he loves his kids. Just don't call him humble.

I won't post any more on this thread. Again, usually when I post, I'm standing up for coaches getting bashed on here. Coaching is a tough gig. Anonymously posting nonsense about them on a message board is not. Again, Mason may be a great coach. I haven't had a chance to see his teams play. But none of this is "humble."
Old 03-15-19, 07:34 PM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
You and the rest of us have a different definition of humble. And yes, he's drawing attention to himself. Yes, he's a self-promoter.

Here's a breakdown of ONE recent tweet of his, maybe the one you're referring to:

1) "Seems like i was just in Russia playing Pro 2015." (Hey, everyone, in case you didn't know, I used to play pro ball in Russia - blatant self-promotion).

2) "Coming in with NO coaching EXPERIENCE (as THEY say) to now 69-29 overall record." (Look how great I am. I showed the haters. Just look at how good my record is.)

3) "3 conference championships and 3 COY awards with ONLY 4 years under my belt." (in case you're not impressed with my record, look what else I've done)

NONE of this is humble. A humble person doesn't say ANY of this stuff. And again, this guy hosted a tournament and named it after himself??? Wow!! Feel free to call him a good coach if you want. Feel free to tell us he loves his kids. Just don't call him humble.

I won't post any more on this thread. Again, usually when I post, I'm standing up for coaches getting bashed on here. Coaching is a tough gig. Anonymously posting nonsense about them on a message board is not. Again, Mason may be a great coach. I haven't had a chance to see his teams play. But none of this is "humble."
I saw the same tweet and thought the same thing.. Humility is not present in the least.. Lima Senior has a holiday tournament, it's called the Kewpee classic.. For those who come to Lima, Kewpee hamburgers... Thank me later.. They sponsor the tourney.. Lakewood St. Ed played in it this year and the year Tommy Schmock (Findlay) was a senior. Anyway.. Humble the Jet ain't...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-19, 10:38 PM
All Region

The reality is Coach Mason licks his lips before each brick he lays.
Old 03-15-19, 11:03 PM
All District

Bertha is on a distinguished road
the reality is Brush lost again ... in a District semi final game ... again ...
Old 03-16-19, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha View Post
the reality is Brush lost again ... in a District semi final game ... again ...
Hey they made it to the district final this year. The district runner up banner will be in the Brush gym by early November
Old 03-16-19, 07:36 PM
Junior Varsity

Gbulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Give me a break.....Thanks Brush for wearing out Mentor so Green can beat them. Seems like Brush assists in wearing out many opponents by losing.
Old 03-16-19, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'm disappointed that I didn't stumble upon this gem of a thread sooner.

Mason may be starting to give Sonny a run for his money as a self-promoter. At that, those two might be running circles around everyone else in Ohio.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-19, 10:18 AM
All World

Maybe Ignatius forced Becker out so they can go after Chet Mason. Maybe that was what he was talking about when he said people were interested in him. I'm sure Ignatius would love to have him bring the culture he has developed at Brush to the Wildcat community.

Last edited by Bball216; 03-22-19 at 02:37 PM.