Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-19, 04:18 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
You are completely correct in everything you've said right here. Because it's a single clip it misses the entire extra context of the game. If you watch 0, he purposely takes an angle getting up where he can get a shove in to the opponent (slight but still purposeful). The opposing player takes advantage of another player that is vulnerable. This same exact play happens with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter and zero happens for either team.

Taken on it's own without any context that incident is nothing. But this is with a few minutes left in the game where this same player was doing little things similar to this all game long, had been warned numerous times to cut it, AND had already gotten a technical foul because he wasn't cutting it out. Prior to this call basically every single scuffle and tick tack incident that happened during the game had 0 somewhere in the middle of it. As I stated last night after the game, the common denominator in every heated moment was 0. That's why he got the first tech.

Because of the decisions HE made here and throughout the game previously, he put himself in the position to be thrown out. He willfully turned over the decision for him to stay in the game to others. When you do that, don't cry about whether they do right with that decision or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Spot on.
Old 03-14-19, 05:35 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
#0 played/plays with a chip on his shoulder......always has & even as an Elk supporter, I’m not a big fan of it. Half the games he stays under the line & half he does not.

What I would say, is that #1, #4, & #5 were pushing his buttons just as much as he was pushing theirs. Especially #1, the whole game. The Marchal kid looks 5’8 and has held his own for 3 years at the varsity level. My guess is he needs that edge to play against kids like Moss that are honestly men.

It’s pretty sad how much hatred Hardcorps has for Centerville, sick actually. Your comments these days are amazing that you continue to find 1 thing out of 100 about anything Centerville or Cupps.

I mean, all he’s done is make 3 elite 8’s in 5 or 6 years. Sends kids to smaller D2-3 colleges who excel and most importantly teaches them some really hard lessons.

They are 20-5 or so, have 1 D1 kid & he’s a center. Seriously Hardcorps, what could he/they have done better this year?
Old 03-14-19, 06:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
#0 played/plays with a chip on his shoulder......always has & even as an Elk supporter, I’m not a big fan of it. Half the games he stays under the line & half he does not.

What I would say, is that #1, #4, & #5 were pushing his buttons just as much as he was pushing theirs. Especially #1, the whole game. The Marchal kid looks 5’8 and has held his own for 3 years at the varsity level. My guess is he needs that edge to play against kids like Moss that are honestly men.

It’s pretty sad how much hatred Hardcorps has for Centerville, sick actually. Your comments these days are amazing that you continue to find 1 thing out of 100 about anything Centerville or Cupps.

I mean, all he’s done is make 3 elite 8’s in 5 or 6 years. Sends kids to smaller D2-3 colleges who excel and most importantly teaches them some really hard lessons.

They are 20-5 or so, have 1 D1 kid & he’s a center. Seriously Hardcorps, what could he/they have done better this year?
I said before, I call them like I see them. Frankly, I am tired of you and your buddys’ whining. There are not that many forums for SW Ohio, Div 1, Basketball. Elk Strong, Wayne, and GMC are the three that I see. The GMC and Wayne are more reality based. So, win I visit Elk and read some of that, I comment.

On a side note, did you see the play when Moss came down the middle and ran over Marchel? That was a Mack truck. Marchal is a physically tough youngster.
Old 03-14-19, 06:23 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, since you call them like you see them.....I asked a question on what more the Elks could do fir a successful season?
Old 03-14-19, 08:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Ok, since you call them like you see them.....I asked a question on what more the Elks could do fir a successful season?
Well, they could have started working on attitudes, last year and through this year. I was able to see the Wayne game last year. Man. The team selfie in front of the Florida team at the Flyin to the Hoop, after a good win. What kind of attitude is that? Class? Maybe someone will have a talk with the youngster.
Old 03-15-19, 12:44 AM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Jim is that you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Well, they could have started working on attitudes, last year and through this year. I was able to see the Wayne game last year. Man. The team selfie in front of the Florida team at the Flyin to the Hoop, after a good win. What kind of attitude is that? Class? Maybe someone will have a talk with the youngster.
Hard Guy - get over it. Staley is gone. You must not really have watched Wayne much over the years to not see some serious attitude over the line. Also, what's with the barging into the quick team huddles just to be annoying?
Old 03-15-19, 07:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk some sense View Post
Hard Guy - get over it. Staley is gone. You must not really have watched Wayne much over the years to not see some serious attitude over the line. Also, what's with the barging into the quick team huddles just to be annoying?
I stated that I appreciated Wayne’s thread, here at yappi as it is very informative. I did not say anything about their sportsmanship or lack there of.
Old 03-15-19, 12:14 PM
All District

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
With Mentor and Pick Central getting upset, and Centerville without their point guard, it just seems like Moellers path gets easier and easier by the day
A free district title as a reward for a tremendous season, a game against East with 2 guys injured and out for the season, Centerville short handed.

A final four game without Pick Central... I am going to say Moellers state championship is at Xavier Saturday. Fond a way to beat an extremely well coached, talented, hard nosed Elk team and then the next 2 games are going to be 20+ easy wins. Too bad Centerville will likely get pressed out of the gym, I would have liked to see this game with them at full strength, think it would be very close. But Moeller gets 10+ a game off full court press and I think that continues tomorrow.
Old 03-15-19, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike45069 View Post
With Mentor and Pick Central getting upset, and Centerville without their point guard, it just seems like Moellers path gets easier and easier by the day
A free district title as a reward for a tremendous season, a game against East with 2 guys injured and out for the season, Centerville short handed.

A final four game without Pick Central... I am going to say Moellers state championship is at Xavier Saturday. Fond a way to beat an extremely well coached, talented, hard nosed Elk team and then the next 2 games are going to be 20+ easy wins. Too bad Centerville will likely get pressed out of the gym, I would have liked to see this game with them at full strength, think it would be very close. But Moeller gets 10+ a game off full court press and I think that continues tomorrow.
He wouldnt of made much if a difference in game anyway. Moeller wins by 20 plus regardless of who is playing
Old 03-15-19, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Moe drilled them earlier in the year. People are acting like this was a 20+ ppg scorer. It doesn't matter if he played or not they were getting beat. There are still some good teams left. It also seems like you're downplaying because other teams were upset or injured. Part of being a champion is avoiding injuries, luck, and not losing in the tournament.
Old 03-15-19, 02:04 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Good points JElder. I can't believe how many times I've seen a post saying it's Moeller's tournament to lose but then a followup comment about how down the overall talent is this year in Ohio basketball. I guess if it makes the others feel better.......
Old 03-15-19, 02:06 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Moe drilled them earlier in the year. People are acting like this was a 20+ ppg scorer. It doesn't matter if he played or not they were getting beat. There are still some good teams left. It also seems like you're downplaying because other teams were upset or injured. Part of being a champion is avoiding injuries, luck, and not losing in the tournament.

Marshal scored four points in the first game. He averaged 12 ppm. He’s just a pretty good player with very irritating on court persona. McBride would have gobbled him up. Mo was winning this game by 20-30 no matter what. Tonight will be ugly.
Old 03-15-19, 02:49 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Centerville I feel your pain. Last year incident with Bazley and Princeton was BS to me. But people said rules are rules, so keep that same energy
Coming off the bench is about as easy a call as refs have to make. Not same at all- no subjectivity there.
Old 03-15-19, 02:59 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am going to say Moellers state championship is at Xavier Saturday.
Hold up, that would imply that Centerville is the 2nd best team in the state after Moeller. Bwuahahahahhahahhahahah

They aren't even the 2nd best team in the region, let alone state. Smdh

Old 03-15-19, 03:15 PM
Freshman

grahamfalconbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Earlier in the year means nothing. Ask Gonzaga as they beat St. Mary's by 48 a couple of weeks ago and lost by 12 the other night. Anything can happen in sports on a given night and last time they played means absolutely nothing. Centerville is a much better team now but will have to have an almost perfect night to win especially without their point guard who is the glue.
Old 03-15-19, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfalconbb View Post
Earlier in the year means nothing. Ask Gonzaga as they beat St. Mary's by 48 a couple of weeks ago and lost by 12 the other night. Anything can happen in sports on a given night and last time they played means absolutely nothing. Centerville is a much better team now but will have to have an almost perfect night to win especially without their point guard who is the glue.
Well this isn't D1 college basketball where all the kids can play. Centerville is a good team but they are not in the same league as Moeller with or without their glue guy.
Old 03-15-19, 03:52 PM
All American

Here’s what worries me, Centerville feels wronged and they are going to take it out on Moeller with cheap crap. If they are losing by a lot they could start trying to “take out” Moeller kids. The Centerville coaches have had either had a hard time reigning in players or they are encouraging the behavior. Moeller didn’t create this situation, but they could take the brunt of it.
Old 03-15-19, 04:02 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Here’s what worries me, Centerville feels wronged and they are going to take it out on Moeller with cheap crap. If they are losing by a lot they could start trying to “take out” Moeller kids. The Centerville coaches have had either had a hard time reigning in players or they are encouraging the behavior. Moeller didn’t create this situation, but they could take the brunt of it.
Why does something tell me Moeller will be able to handle "the brunt if it" from Centerville. I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it Kballer. Geeze?
Old 03-15-19, 04:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I do not think Centerville has that mentality. They had the player that was out of control and I think that is it and even he would not try to injure someone, but I have only seen 4 of their game so what do I really know?
Old 03-15-19, 04:06 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Because Moeller plays team ball! Sure they have stars but they always play team ball just like all the other GCL schools.
Ball is not transferring anywhere. He’s probably going back to Europe.
Old 03-15-19, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Good points JElder. I can't believe how many times I've seen a post saying it's Moeller's tournament to lose but then a followup comment about how down the overall talent is this year in Ohio basketball. I guess if it makes the others feel better.......
I think that is their way of saying Moeller is REALLY good.
Old 03-15-19, 04:10 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This Moeller team is good in any season, doesn’t matter how good/bad other teams are.
Old 03-15-19, 04:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
This Moeller team is good in any season, doesn’t matter how good/bad other teams are.
I think last year's team is better than this one.

Old 03-15-19, 04:22 PM
All Ohio

The matchup of the weekend: Moeller fans vs Centerville fans.
Old 03-15-19, 04:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Why does something tell me Moeller will be able to handle "the brunt if it" from Centerville. I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it Kballer. Geeze?
Have seen it before- one of mines team was undefeated and up by 20+ in regional game and a player from the other team was getting more and more nasty then finally shoved our best player while on a fast break layup. The result was surgery for our player and nothing of consequence for theirs. If you read all the Centerville comments they are all feeling wronged and they can only take out their wrath on our players so yes that concerns me.
Old 03-15-19, 05:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I think last year's team is better than this one.

I agree and all I can think is can you imagine how insane it would have been with Duece in the mix last year? I still think this team is great- they do more defensively than last years.
Old 03-15-19, 05:06 PM
All American

Quote:
The matchup of the weekend: Moeller fans vs Centerville fans.
Centerville fans need to aim their ire somewhere else- try @OHSAA or in the mirror
Old 03-15-19, 05:07 PM
All World

Quote:
I agree and all I can think is can you imagine how insane it would have been with Duece in the mix last year? I still think this team is great- they do more defensively than last years.
Hope no one was taking my comment as a dig at this year's team. They are still great. They just appear to be more dominate due to the competition being less.

Old 03-15-19, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Centerville fans need to aim their ire somewhere else- try @OHSAA or in the mirror
I doubt that they are taking shots at the boys of Moeller. If they are angry at a team, it should be at Springfield. Another thing, they do not physically match up with Moeller. They could not hurt anyone on purpose if they wanted to.
Old 03-15-19, 06:47 PM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
OK thanks

Quote:
I stated that I appreciated Wayne’s thread, here at yappi as it is very informative. I did not say anything about their sportsmanship or lack there of.
Thanks for clarifying. Guess you are glossing over Vamps and his venom toward Cville. Which makes sense as you feel the same as he does.