Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-17, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I was responding to lotr and hammertime, did you post something?
Dude we got played so hard. It's why I don't visit the football board. Too much intellectual discussion. Hurts my brain!
Old 10-17-17, 02:33 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
seeman really owned me back there
Old 10-17-17, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Trying to swallow my pride right now, but seeman isn't helping.
Old 10-17-17, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Try Vagisil ronnie
Old 10-17-17, 03:45 PM
All Region

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Username1, the slippery slope is the elimination of all sex segregated activities and organizations in our society. Every sport will be open to everyone; same sex private schools or academies - GONE WITH THE WIND!

Then after we've got girls wrestling and playing football and baseball and basketball on the boys teams someone will notice that very few if any girls are starting or doing well and they will scream DISCRIMINATION and INSIST that everyone be given a FAIR chance to participate and they'll challenge such misogynist beliefs like the one where offensive lineman have to be big & strong. Heck small, weak girls should have every opportunity to trap block on Friday night. Of course this will all spread to college and pro athletics and soon every sport will look like coed over 40 indoor soccer leagues!

After a generation of two of coed everything and a neutering of the competitive spirit our new Chinese Overlords will simply march in and take over. Now that's the bottom of the slippery slope and there is historical precedent that when a civilization loses it's lust for life it dies.

Okay clones fire away!
I am fine with girls playing boys sports if they can compete. If you lose your spot to a girl then you probably shouldn't be playing.
And what's wrong with people getting a fair chance to participate?

Last edited by Username1; 10-17-17 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-17-17, 04:11 PM
All World

oskar is on a distinguished road
What I find unusual about this whole thing is the objection to this by those that typically take a conservative stance on most issues. Here we have a private entity with the BSA making a business decision to serve a niche in the market that is otherwise not served. Isn't that there choice? Now we as consumers have the right of our economic vote to agree or disagree with that decision. If enough current or future BSA families disagree with that decision then the BSA will have to consider what will the next step be if their survival means anything.

There are many things about the world that I don't like today verses how it was years ago. But I'm not going to pound my fist on the table and say something like 'I was born in 1957 and this is how things were done then, I like the way things were done in 1957, and I don't want anything to change from how it was in 1957'. The all white, male dominated society of sixty years ago no longer exists at this particular time. I never really had a problem getting over it.
Old 10-17-17, 04:19 PM
All Region

Lotr it won't spread to pro sports. Too much money at stake.
Old 10-17-17, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I am fine with girls playing boys sports if they can compete. If you lose your spot to a girl then you probably shouldn't be playing.
Nothings wrong with it Ted.
Old 10-17-17, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Username1 you know it won't end with the opportunity to compete on a fair and level playing field right? It NEVER does. Because with a fair & level playing field the vast majority of girls can't successfully compete with boys in football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, lacrosse and etc, etc. Sure a very rare girl may be able to crack the starting lineup of a small, weak program but there will NEVER be equal outcomes if girls are given a fair chance to participate. And if there is one thing you can take to the bank on how the left thinks it's that equal outcomes are the only proof of an absence of discrimination.

And you know damn well that after a few years of girls not making the boys teams or getting playing time or getting injured there would be a major push to change the rules and the nature of the competitions. Heck we've compromised physical standards for our police & fire departments and in the military so they won't think twice about doing it for something as unimportant as kids sports.

I would be in favor of letting girls try out for any team they wanted to. But ONLY if the rules & standards of the games are not changed to accommodate them. Guarantee me that and hell yea level the playing field and let the competition begin.
Old 10-17-17, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lotr it won't spread to pro sports. Too much money at stake.
True because as you say "money talks and bull poop walks". But don't think for a moment they won't try.
Old 10-17-17, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

This is hilarious. Lotr is epically rattled and irrationally unhinged over this Boy Scout thing.
Old 10-17-17, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
What I find unusual about this whole thing is the objection to this by those that typically take a conservative stance on most issues. Here we have a private entity with the BSA making a business decision to serve a niche in the market that is otherwise not served. Isn't that there choice? Now we as consumers have the right of our economic vote to agree or disagree with that decision. If enough current or future BSA families disagree with that decision then the BSA will have to consider what will the next step be if their survival means anything.

There are many things about the world that I don't like today verses how it was years ago. But I'm not going to pound my fist on the table and say something like 'I was born in 1957 and this is how things were done then, I like the way things were done in 1957, and I don't want anything to change from how it was in 1957'. The all white, male dominated society of sixty years ago no longer exists at this particular time. I never really had a problem getting over it.
First off I'm not sure you understand what a "conservative" is. Conservatives don't necessarily worship at the alter of business. Sure they generally favor free trade and market based economics but they also understand there are limits to both. And is an organization like the BSA really to be compared to corporate America?

And yes, it is the BSA's choice as to which direction they go. But I would also suggest that the BSA is not a top down kind of organization but rather has a decentralized structure dependent on local parents & volunteers to make scouting work. So while there is a "national leadership" it hardly represents the tight control of say a CEO and board of Directors does.

Finally the "conservatives" on Yappi arguing against this would agree with you that in the end the BSA will make their decision and then live with the consequences of that decision. People are free to either leave the scouts or join the scouts based on this decision. They can ignore the "head office" or they can organize alternate scouting groups. Donors/volunteers can stop giving money & time to the BSA while new donors/volunteers may or may not make up the slack.

Funny how you bring race - "the all white, male dominated society" - into this discussion. I guess nothing can escape its grip.
Old 10-17-17, 10:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This is hilarious. Lotr is epically rattled and irrationally unhinged over this Boy Scout thing.
I have to ask, why is having a discussion on a topic in a calm & reasoned manner evidence of being "rattled & irrationally unhinged". Have they changed the definition of these words when I was napping? Or is it that in your view anyone who disagrees with this decision is by definition "irrational"?
Old 10-17-17, 10:21 PM
All Yappi

Iíd submit that anyone suggesting this is the path to girls playing offensive line isnít being calm and reasoned, but maybe you have alternate definitions of those words.
Old 10-17-17, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I’d submit that anyone suggesting this is the path to girls playing offensive line isn’t being calm and reasoned, but maybe you have alternate definitions of those words.
I'm surprised you would take everything posted on Yappi quite so literally! I was illustrating how the concept of the slippery slope applied to this situation. And in any discussion of "slippery slope" scenarios there will be a bit of absurd exaggeration to make the point. You know like if this was the year 2000 on Yappi and we were talking about "slippery slopes" leading to such outlandish possibilities as "same sex marriage"; "men who think they're women using the women's restroom", "girls in the boy scouts" and Donald Trump as POTUS.
Old 10-18-17, 04:37 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Id like to know what type of fish I am? Probably something badazz like a sail fish or something cool
Old 10-18-17, 05:07 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iíd submit that anyone suggesting this is the path to girls playing offensive line isnít being calm and reasoned, but maybe you have alternate definitions of those words.
Didn't Nick Mangold's sister play O-line in HS
Old 10-18-17, 06:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Didn't Nick Mangold's sister play O-line in HS
Did you read lotr's post on the topic?
Old 10-18-17, 07:23 AM
All Region

Quote:
Username1 you know it won't end with the opportunity to compete on a fair and level playing field right? It NEVER does. Because with a fair & level playing field the vast majority of girls can't successfully compete with boys in football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, lacrosse and etc, etc. Sure a very rare girl may be able to crack the starting lineup of a small, weak program but there will NEVER be equal outcomes if girls are given a fair chance to participate. And if there is one thing you can take to the bank on how the left thinks it's that equal outcomes are the only proof of an absence of discrimination.

And you know damn well that after a few years of girls not making the boys teams or getting playing time or getting injured there would be a major push to change the rules and the nature of the competitions. Heck we've compromised physical standards for our police & fire departments and in the military so they won't think twice about doing it for something as unimportant as kids sports.

I would be in favor of letting girls try out for any team they wanted to. But ONLY if the rules & standards of the games are not changed to accommodate them. Guarantee me that and hell yea level the playing field and let the competition begin.
Exactly. Don't even level the playing field, level the opportunity.
Old 10-18-17, 07:26 AM
All Region

Leveling the playing field is like playing golf and using the handicap system. Not a good thing irl.
Old 10-18-17, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Leveling the playing field is like playing golf and using the handicap system. Not a good thing irl.
I like the handicap system in golf, it forces me to focus more to beat less skilled players like you. And it throws a bone to less skilled players like you that you are actually competitive with superior players like me.
Old 10-18-17, 07:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
I like the handicap system in golf, it forces me to focus more to beat less skilled players like you. And it throws a bone to less skilled players like you that you are actually competitive with superior players like me.
Whenever you want to go heads up let me know. Neutral course though, I am not getting homered. I did play yesterday and it was awful!
Old 10-18-17, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Whenever you want to go heads up let me know. Neutral course though, I am not getting homered. I did play yesterday and it was awful!
Will do Ted.
Old 10-18-17, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

There were girls who wrestled in high school back in my day which was 20 years ago. Can you please point to some of the rule changes that have taken place in that sport due to girls participating? Or are you just being dramatic and making things up again?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: