Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 04-25-18, 02:26 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,013
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
I see Canton will get some attention with Baker announcing some of the Browns picks.

Can we now have some negative posts that condemn the HOF for not giving these high school kids a locker room.
yet you must not read posts completely...

you know where the comment is "hope the village has success" only to turn and say something about what hasn't materialized. This is not negative. This is community members who assisted on getting what we had locally, only to see it wiped away without something equal to replaced.

People are wanting what they were told, nothing more, no one told Baker to shoot his mouth off, have the meetings - the dinners - the breakfasts with all coaches in Canton City. He did that on his own, made statements and now is being called out for it - so as a man he made statements and other men are not rooting against him - rather wanting him to honor his word.

Haven't seen a lot of posts condemning - you must be sensitive, Sorry dude I am not going to fall over just because we have a new set of deadlines and new promises and some fluff articles in the Rep.
  #332  
Old 04-25-18, 02:55 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,490
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
When you move out of Massillon you kinda see the light, Iíll always love and root for Massillon; but some of these people need a change of scenery to improve their lives.

Itís sad to see where the city is currently and the downward trend.
I can only speculate that is the root of so much negativity toward something positive occurring in another community. You would think that everyone would want some positive news given all the negative (sexual predator coaches, food stamp scandals, etc).
  #333  
Old 04-25-18, 04:54 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 299
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
yet you must not read posts completely...

you know where the comment is "hope the village has success" only to turn and say something about what hasn't materialized. This is not negative. This is community members who assisted on getting what we had locally, only to see it wiped away without something equal to replaced.

People are wanting what they were told, nothing more, no one told Baker to shoot his mouth off, have the meetings - the dinners - the breakfasts with all coaches in Canton City. He did that on his own, made statements and now is being called out for it - so as a man he made statements and other men are not rooting against him - rather wanting him to honor his word.

Haven't seen a lot of posts condemning - you must be sensitive, Sorry dude I am not going to fall over just because we have a new set of deadlines and new promises and some fluff articles in the Rep.
Sensitive???? No

I chuckle myself to a quick nap, when I see McK fans whining about these kids not having a state of the art locker room to decorate with bells and whistles. Playing football is a privilege and Iím sure all of these fumbling ideas will work out but these kids just want to play the game and Iím sure they would dress in a jumbo port-a-John if it meant playing on Friday nights.

Itís more of the whining adults from the McK fanbase, itís like theyíre playing the game. Being from a economic depressed area with limited job placement youíd think a mass majority arenít little snowflakes. Toughen up buttercup.
  #334  
Old 04-25-18, 04:57 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 299
GregG is on a distinguished road
Look at other schools with the same economic problems and poor education system, those programs play on Saturdays like some JV squad. Be grateful you still have a stadium that functions, rather than sitting in old bleachers on Don Scott.
  #335  
Old 04-25-18, 08:30 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I can only speculate that is the root of so much negativity toward something positive occurring in another community. You would think that everyone would want some positive news given all the negative (sexual predator coaches, food stamp scandals, etc).
Did you forget about the murder a week city ?

Iím sure the Disneyland signs that go up will make all the negative in that city disappear right ?
  #336  
Old 04-25-18, 09:49 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,937
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Did you forget about the murder a week city ?
Pretty sad when you have to lie about the facts to try to make your point.
  #337  
Old 04-25-18, 10:20 PM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,601
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Did you forget about the murder a week city ?

Iím sure the Disneyland signs that go up will make all the negative in that city disappear right ?
They did just install 10 new Shot Spotters to help with this.
  #338  
Old 04-26-18, 12:07 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Pretty sad when you have to lie about the facts to try to make your point.
Oh god here we go, the internet police captain is making an appearance. Now please give us all the homicide stats for the last 5 years in Canton... what a tool you are.
My point was clearly well taken and as evidenced by your response it worked !
  #339  
Old 04-26-18, 06:17 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,013
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Evidently my discourse has easily cleared the ceiling of Greg's comprehension and intellect.

Just read what is said and take it at face value.

Not rooting against HOF - I maintain - the HOTEL has to go up and things will happen around it rather quickly.

IF you are new Greg then you don't know what was promised and stated. All I would hope for is the facility that CANTON people built is replaced. Not expecting or feeling entitled - just want what we had to be replaced. Hope that my restating it and slowing it down made it easier for you to read and understand. Good luck
  #340  
Old 04-26-18, 06:34 AM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 141
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Why is it these trolls slam Massillon at every turn and when Massillon fans respond the posts get deleted.
  #341  
Old 04-26-18, 08:47 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,013
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
agreed
first thing is Massillon is not of the topic of this thread

and truthfully Massillon is handling their business like them or not.
  #342  
Old 04-26-18, 04:04 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,937
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Oh god here we go, the internet police captain is making an appearance. Now please give us all the homicide stats for the last 5 years in Canton... what a tool you are.
My point was clearly well taken and as evidenced by your response it worked !
I suspect you wouldn't take it well if someone accused Massillon of having a murder a week.

Stick to the facts.
  #343  
Old 04-26-18, 08:33 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I suspect you wouldn't take it well if someone accused Massillon of having a murder a week.

Stick to the facts.
Still waiting on the homicides for Canton over the last 5 years then compare them to similar sized cities in Ohio.
How about the facts of how many kids in the Jackson basketball program that did NOT grow up in Jackson ? #liar #calledoutbyotherJacksonfans
  #344  
Old 04-27-18, 02:58 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,178
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
I saw 9.7 to 15.1 per 100,000 the past 5 years of data. Massillon meanwhile was 0 or 1 murder overall in the last 5 years of data. Don't have the per 100,000 count on those.
  #345  
Old 04-27-18, 09:28 AM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,797
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Angry Seem the OHSAA know something you don't about Tom Benson Stadium future?

It's April 27, 2018

Subcontractor's on the Tom benson Stadium project have been paid for the work done last year.

Local companies will be bidding on future Hall of Fame Village Work???

It's April 27, 2018

Still Nothing is getting done.

What are you waiting for: Hell to FREEZE FIRST.




This is IUDOGS signing off.
  #346  
Old 04-27-18, 12:51 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,937
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
I saw 9.7 to 15.1 per 100,000 the past 5 years of data. Massillon meanwhile was 0 or 1 murder overall in the last 5 years of data. Don't have the per 100,000 count on those.
My complaint was with him saying Canton was a "murder a week city." That is nowhere close to being true. That would equate to 52 murders a year. Canton has never had anywhere near that many. 17 is the most ever.
  #347  
Old 04-27-18, 03:29 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
My complaint was with him saying Canton was a "murder a week city." That is nowhere close to being true. That would equate to 52 murders a year. Canton has never had anywhere near that many. 17 is the most ever.
The bigger issue was that you werenít even in the argument to begin with.
#keepontrollin
  #348  
Old 04-27-18, 03:33 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,937
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
The bigger issue was that you werenít even in the argument to begin with.
#keepontrollin
The BIGGEST issue is that you were spreading mistruths (lies). Anyone and everyone should call you out on that.
  #349  
Old 04-27-18, 04:34 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
The BIGGEST issue is that you were spreading mistruths (lies). Anyone and everyone should call you out on that.
Unlike you and your narrow minded ability to comprehend when someone is being facetious, the rest of the people reading it understood it.
#runonhometroll
  #350  
Old 04-28-18, 07:12 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,490
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
Why is it these trolls slam Massillon at every turn and when Massillon fans respond the posts get deleted.
Glad you asked. Here's a starter list:

1. Consistently off topic posts
2. Harassing others
3. Namecalling
4. Consistently using racial and homophobic remarks
5. Trolling other schools and posters on countless non-Massillon theads
  #351  
Old 04-28-18, 07:16 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,490
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Unlike you and your narrow minded ability to comprehend when someone is being facetious
You've used this lame excuse before when proven a liar - "I was just kidding."

You said there was a murder a week in Canton. There is not. That's not being facetious. That's just being inaccurate and uninformed.

Facetious would be more like "That TS60 is an intelligent, clever and funny guy."
  #352  
Old 04-28-18, 09:14 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Please give an example of when I was proven wrong before and I said I was kidding.
You won’t give any examples because it NEVER happened.
Please continue with the facade of the Disney Land of football changing the city. The people that live in that County know different.
You brought up issues that other cities were having and when something gets thrown in your face you have the Internet police out in full force.
2017 and 2011 more people were killed in Canton then ever before, but once Disney Land is built that will mean all the crime will stop. LMAO
  #353  
Old 04-28-18, 09:28 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,263
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I can only speculate that is the root of so much negativity toward something positive occurring in another community. You would think that everyone would want some positive news given all the negative (sexual predator coaches, food stamp scandals, etc).
It’s always the Massillon people who start it....
As you all can read...
  #354  
Old 04-28-18, 09:53 AM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 141
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Glad you asked. Here's a starter list:

1. Consistently off topic posts
2. Harassing others
3. Namecalling
4. Consistently using racial and homophobic remarks
5. Trolling other schools and posters on countless non-Massillon theads
I didn't ask for your life story. I wanted to know why rebuttal posts to trolling are deleted and the inflammatory troll post is left. Now go outside and play.
  #355  
Old 04-28-18, 10:08 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,490
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
2017 and 2011 more people were killed in Canton then ever before


1. This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread (off topic)
2. Mack succeeded in making you look up some facts instead of making them up. Well done Mack.
  #356  
Old 04-28-18, 10:17 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,490
my2sense is on a distinguished road
As we can see, the thread has devolved with the onslaught of Massillon posters (15 posts in the last 21). This occurs far too often. Sad.

After a long run and many views and posts, this thread has been polluted. For now we will close and revisit when there is new news.

To summarize - the project was stalled due to some mismanagement. Corrective measures have been taken, everyone has been paid, leadership personnel and structures have been upgraded and we can move onward and upward.

Looking forward to all the new changes and the many new opportunities that the HOF Village will bring to the region. Despite the losers and haters, the project moves on and exciting things are in place. The possible events (HS state championships, NFL draft and 100th celebrations, concerts, etc) will be very fun and exciting for those who allow such things in their lives.

For the negative crowd - you do not have to come to the Village. Ever.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Year in Review Sykotyk National Football Board 2 01-15-18 12:51 PM
Week 12 Sites Announced! hdvhsmgr Football 14 11-06-17 01:46 PM
Crosstown Showdown Leaving Nippert? EHS 2001 Football 74 08-07-17 02:21 PM
OHSAA, District Athletic Boards Award $148,750 in College Scholarships Yappi Football 9 07-28-17 10:26 PM
OHSAA & Thom Benson stadium fleadog101 Football 22 07-06-17 12:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz