Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-18, 02:43 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Well Alabama plays at the second best team in the country LSU coming up. The winner is likely going to win the national title. Even tho LSU has the big wins, Alabama is probably still a 10 point favorite. Bama looks like one of the best teams of all time
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-18, 05:49 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
So to start the year for BAMA OOC, Aug-Sept time frame.

How about we see HOME and HOME series with:

MICHIGAN
ND
OHIO STATE
WISCONSIN
U of WASHINGTON

Wil never happen because BAMA wont go over 400 miles from BAMA. 1 time they went to PSU a few years ago when PSU was terrible..
Of all the teams you listed, OSU is the only one that wouldn't schedule a home and home series with Bama
Old 10-24-18, 06:04 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
So much jealousy from a certain fan base...
Old 10-25-18, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Well Alabama plays at the second best team in the country LSU coming up. The winner is likely going to win the national title. Even tho LSU has the big wins, Alabama is probably still a 10 point favorite. Bama looks like one of the best teams of all time

Gaux TIGERS!
Old 10-25-18, 01:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
So much jealousy from a certain fan base...

I am for expanding the playoffs and letting BAMA get an AUTO spot every year.
Old 10-25-18, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post

Wil never happen because BAMA wont go over 400 miles from BAMA. 1 time they went to PSU a few years ago when PSU was terrible..

You missed Alabama-Michigan game, Wisconsin-Alabama, Alabama-USC, - over 600 miles to Arlington
Old 10-25-18, 05:22 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
Every team starts the season with 10 points.

Wins:
30 pts - Top 5 opponent
25 - Top 6-10
20 - Top 11-15
15 - Top 16-25
10 - unranked P5 team with .500 or better record
7 - unranked G5 team " "

+1 added point for road victory
+10 added for P5 conference championship
+7 added for G5 " "

0 points for victories against FCS opponents

Losses:
-5 default for all losses with an additional conditional points loss:

0 - Top 5
-1 - Top 6-10
-2 - Top 11-15
-3 - Top 16-25
-5 - unranked opponent
I wonder what the result would be if the point losses for losses were more severe. In any event, looks like you are having a lot of fun with it and may be better at ranking than the "experts"!
Old 10-30-18, 08:51 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
I wonder what the result would be if the point losses for losses were more severe. In any event, looks like you are having a lot of fun with it and may be better at ranking than the "experts"!
I'm always looking for ways to tweak the system! The biggest problem is the lack of variation between teams, so anything that could increase it would be great!
Old 11-01-18, 11:37 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
Bama loses this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if LSU dominates them. This will be the first time a team doesn't lie down against them. If Bama wins, I'll be surprised. They will probably be the greatest team of all time. If they lose this week, they should not be in because their schedule is week.
Old 11-02-18, 12:09 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Bama loses this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if LSU dominates them. This will be the first time a team doesn't lie down against them. If Bama wins, I'll be surprised. They will probably be the greatest team of all time. If they lose this week, they should not be in because their schedule is week.
Look I think LSU has a chance, but come on, You can't have watched these two teams play this season and legitimately say you would be surprised by an Alabama win.
Old 11-03-18, 09:07 PM
All Ohio

This 2018 season in over BAMA will be National Champs. Only way they lose if they take a complete $hit in the SEC Champ game. No way just count it.
Either BAMA is this good or LSU was way blown up...
Old 11-03-18, 10:18 PM
All American

Bama is just too good. I do not know who could beat them. They have players that are just a level above anybody then play. I thought LSU could give them a game, but LSU's offense is too vanilla to do anything against them.
Old 11-04-18, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Bama is just too good. I do not know who could beat them. They have players that are just a level above anybody then play. I thought LSU could give them a game, but LSU's offense is too vanilla to do anything against them.
I agree.

Outside of Clemson no one will stay within 3 TD's of the Tide in the playoffs. The only way Bama doesn't win it all is:

* The QB goes down with that knee injury. If he does then all bets are off.

* Saban cheats on his agreement with Satan.
Old 11-04-18, 07:49 PM
All American

Clemson's defensive line will be able to play with the Bama line. That line for Bama is unbelievable. They pushed LSU all over the field. They are relentless. I think Michigan's defense could play with them too. I give Clemson the nod because Sweeney is a special coach. I think he can come up with something to throw Bama off. Problem for Clemson is a true freshman QB. Michigan's problem is an offense that is not creative. They have shown something of late with the QB running. Maybe that is a sign that Michigan is putting something together. ND has some pieces, but they are not nearly as physical as Clemson and Michigan. They caught Michigan at the right time. This Wolverines' team is much better now.
Old 11-04-18, 08:10 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I agree about Notre Dame catching Michigan at the right time. Patterson was playing his first game in a new offense and has looked much better as the season goes on.
Old 11-05-18, 09:55 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Clemson's defensive line will be able to play with the Bama line. That line for Bama is unbelievable. They pushed LSU all over the field. They are relentless. I think Michigan's defense could play with them too. I give Clemson the nod because Sweeney is a special coach. I think he can come up with something to throw Bama off. Problem for Clemson is a true freshman QB. Michigan's problem is an offense that is not creative. They have shown something of late with the QB running. Maybe that is a sign that Michigan is putting something together. ND has some pieces, but they are not nearly as physical as Clemson and Michigan. They caught Michigan at the right time. This Wolverines' team is much better now.
Let me add that if you do not have a dual threat quarterback your offense does not have chance against Bama. Only two teams have that, Oklahoma and Georgia. Oklahoma's defense is terrible but Georgia's back-up QB is a dual threat along with Fromm gives Bama's defense a different look. I still give Georgia the best chance.
Old 11-05-18, 12:35 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
this post did not age well.
Old 11-05-18, 06:06 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Let me add that if you do not have a dual threat quarterback your offense does not have chance against Bama. Only two teams have that, Oklahoma and Georgia. Oklahoma's defense is terrible but Georgia's back-up QB is a dual threat along with Fromm gives Bama's defense a different look. I still give Georgia the best chance.
The only problem with Georgia's backup QB as a "dual threat" is he doesn't appear to be able to throw the ball. Net, when he comes in they run the ball which isn't going to surprise a Bama defense already keyed in to that fact.

I also can't get past how LSU was able to dominate Georgia. I get that transitive properties don't always apply in football but damn it's hard to be confident of anyone staying with Bama if they're healthy and play well.
Old 11-05-18, 07:20 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Of all the teams you listed, OSU is the only one that wouldn't schedule a home and home series with Bama
Right, because they haven't scheduled home and homes with other big programs.
Old 11-06-18, 07:55 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
The only problem with Georgia's backup QB as a "dual threat" is he doesn't appear to be able to throw the ball. Net, when he comes in they run the ball which isn't going to surprise a Bama defense already keyed in to that fact.

I also can't get past how LSU was able to dominate Georgia. I get that transitive properties don't always apply in football but damn it's hard to be confident of anyone staying with Bama if they're healthy and play well.
Fields can throw, Chaney is just a bad OC.
Old 11-06-18, 11:16 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

Yeah Georgia's back-up was a "5-star" recruit which includes being able to throw but even still with Fields being mobile and Fromm being a true thrower gives Georgia a "dual-threat" attack that no one else has but Oklahoma.
Old 11-06-18, 07:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
this post did not age well.
I eat crow for that post. I saw Bama play many times, but those teams were not good. But LSU looked good, and Bama rolled them. LSU also needs a better offense. That could change some things.
Old 11-15-18, 09:28 PM
Varsity

Deep is on a distinguished road
To be honest I do not know about this one. Bama has shown time and time again that is can dominate good teams in college football. I think they should be in even with one loss. Every team drops a game they shouldn't every year, but Bama has shown that they do not.