Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-18-05, 02:35 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the college football recruiting forum

Welcome to the college football recruiting forum!!

This forum is to discuss in a positive manner recruiting of HS football players to play collegiately at any level. The moderators are:

Don Flamenco
PanthaBrotha4
gatorfan200215

It's extremely important that this forum remain neutral/positive about the players/teams involved. I expect the moderators to keep a tight leash on the posters in this forum as it is used as an informational resource instead of trying to bash teams that you don't like.

I have high expectations for this forum and think it will integrate well with the theme of the site. I won't hesitate to take problem posters and prevent them from accessing this page. I also have high expectations for the moderators to take control of this forum and treat each team/player fairly.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-05, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

PanthaBrotha4
As one of the moderators, I expect to keep the forum clean yet insightful to all who post and wish to view the recruiting updates.

One thing that I would like to pass along is the fact that if people have info. about a recruit from a "special" source, I would like you to run that info. by either myself, Don, or gatorfan before posting. If this forum hits big time (I have those sort of expectations) recruits or parents may look at this forum and their is no need to spread bogus rumors on the internet.

Other than, when posting an update or whatnot, please provide the article or site.

Lastly, have fun and this forum should really get going towards the middle of the september and reach a climax in early February.

(I will keep the FSU bias to a bare minimum )
Old 05-18-05, 07:51 PM
Go Buckeyes

I've updated the moderators for this section.

Depending how serious you want to get with this, I think it could be very big also. Keep an eye out here for some ideas/questions for the development of this section.

One thing I am interested to know, do any of the three moderators have intentions on contacting recruits and writing up articles?
Old 05-19-05, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

PanthaBrotha4
I never thought of that Yappi, i will possibly look into it though, i think Don might be a better candidate, being that he has many many connections...
Old 05-19-05, 02:34 PM
Go Buckeyes

Thanks PanthaBrotha4. I believe that this could get very popular with the board if you guys did make contact with prospective athletes and we did some previews about players around the state. There could be more than one person that is writing these stories and contacting athletes. I'm fairly confident that people would speak to you if they knew that it may help their recruiting experience by getting more exposure on a site like this.

Maybe one of these days, the writers from this forum will be well known in recruiting circles and be household names for fans of the Ohio schools.
Old 05-19-05, 02:38 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally posted by Yappi
I've updated the moderators for this section.

Depending how serious you want to get with this, I think it could be very big also. Keep an eye out here for some ideas/questions for the development of this section.

One thing I am interested to know, do any of the three moderators have intentions on contacting recruits and writing up articles?

I was thinking of submitting an article, or two, regarding Colerain recruits...as soon as I can contact them.
Old 05-19-05, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

PanthaBrotha4
That's a great idea HG...
Old 05-19-05, 08:50 PM
All Region

gatorfan200215
I could handle some of the Elder high school football player potential recruits, though there doesn't look to be any high D-I prospects there, it's always interesting to know what schools a favorite player/rival might be going to even if it's a small school.
Old 05-20-05, 12:43 PM
Go Buckeyes

Anyone that is seriously interested in writing articles (whether a moderator or not) is welcome to do it here. Unfortunately, there is no pay for something like this but if it gets fairly large, that could change, especially for someone that is very dedicated to it. I know that there is a huge market for this, so I hope that we see a few future sportwriters step up for the challenge.

As an added incentive, we are usually able to get reporters and/or photographers into games free to cover the event.

The level a player may go to doesn't really matter that much. It's great if they are going Big Ten, SEC, or any other major college, but many fans are just interested in what schools their players may attend, even if it's at the lower levels.
Old 05-20-05, 12:44 PM
Go Buckeyes

One last thing, moderators and anyone else interested, please keep reading this thread. We have a chance to build something that could be very interesting and having some good discussion about the direction of this section could prove very useful.
Old 05-21-05, 03:06 PM
Go Buckeyes

Should we have a preferred format for posting a players info?

Maybe something like this:

2006 John Smith (Something HS) Running Back
Old 05-22-05, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

PanthaBrotha4
Yes i like that format...
Old 05-22-05, 11:18 PM
Go Buckeyes

Thanks PB4. Anyone else? The sooner we get a format, the better.

Also, something that I would like to see as the season unfolds is to have these threads for star players with updates of their game information/stats. I saw this on an Ohio State site in the past and it seemed to be very popular.
Old 05-23-05, 04:31 PM
All Region

gatorfan200215
that would be great yappi, then everyone can compare how their favorited local player is stacking up against a top football recruit. I know that would interest me!
Old 05-23-05, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

PanthaBrotha4
Lets do it, any gripes please come forward now..

as well as any ideas please let us know!!!
Old 06-26-05, 09:18 PM
Go Buckeyes

I'll try to update some star players from the Akron area during the upcoming season. Hopefully I'll be able to get numbers for Chris Wells, Delone Carter, Jamel Miller, and Jordan Mabin. If some others come along, I'll update their stats also.

Wanted to add that this forum seems to be doing rather well. As the season approaches, I plan on adding some links to the front page to send some more people in here.

If anyone has some suggestions for this section, please post them in here.

p.s. I changed a few thread titles to the format above. I know you guys in Cincinnati can differentiate where the players are from down there, but up here, it's a little more difficult. That's why I like the school name in parentheses, so it's easier to follow what they do and who they play next.
Old 04-15-07, 03:35 PM
All District

turftoe is on a distinguished road
great idea: Those who are in the process of recruiting should get some idea of how the process works, hopefully by someone who has been threw the process. First bit of advice: Don't take recruiting personally. You'll find it's a job at the next level and not for everyone. Stay out of trouble, keep the grade up and check with the ncaa clearing house, don't leave it up to your HS coach more to follow P.S make an inpack on the feild. They will come
Old 09-08-08, 10:30 PM
All District

realdeal24 is on a distinguished road
I have got the inside track on some of the Hamilton guys. Mainly Denicos Allen. Any questions you may have have chances are I can answer or get the answer!
Old 01-03-09, 10:53 PM
All District

canes03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal24 View Post
I have got the inside track on some of the Hamilton guys. Mainly Denicos Allen. Any questions you may have have chances are I can answer or get the answer!
dude is a bad *** what does he weigh now cause is he a wrestler
Old 01-21-10, 11:54 PM
All American

bball32
Here is a article about Kiffin going after a hs player from Gerogia. Here is the link to the website http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010...ogs_recruiting
Old 01-29-10, 02:48 PM
All American

bball32
Here is a link about Jordan Hicks going to Texas along with the #2 player in ESPNU Top 150.http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/
Old 08-31-10, 01:52 PM
Freshman

mollerdad7 is on a distinguished road
i truly believe jimmy turvy for fenwick falcons in middletown ohio has the next D1 possibility as an overall player. he can run jump and tackle heck he can even get the water this kid has it all
Old 01-17-11, 01:30 PM
All American

Colt 17 24 is on a distinguished road
Ryan Zajaczkowski highlight video 2010 Cloverleaf #17

He hits you...he hurts you. Strong Safety....last clip shows him playing offensive tackle on punt team and making the tackle.

65 Tackles
6 pass defensed
2 fumbles caused
1 fumble recovered
1 field goal blocked

Last edited by Colt 17 24; 01-17-11 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-27-11, 08:50 PM
Varsity

pt4life is on a distinguished road
I was told today by a person who attended Ohio University Junior day, that the Head Coach stated that the NCAA communicated to Universities recently that they could not give verbals until August 1 of a athletes senior year. How does this effect all these athletes in the class of 2012 who has already been offered verbally?