Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-17, 10:32 AM
RollRed RollRed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-13
Location: Steubenville, Ohio
Posts: 147
RollRed is on a distinguished road
2017 Steubenville Big Red

Schedule UPDATE as of 1/10/17

Week 1: Cleveland Collinwood
Week 2: @Morgantown (WV)
Week 3:
Week 4: Boardman
Week 5:
Week 6: @Dover
Week 7: Ursuline
Week 8: New Philadelphia
Week 9: Cardinal O'Hara (NY)
Week 10: Hunting Valley University Preppers

Last edited by RollRed; 01-10-17 at 06:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-10-17, 11:29 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,060
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Why did the last thread get locked
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-17, 11:30 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,060
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
And there's no way in hell Steubenville should be playing Collinwood. The freshman could beat them by 40
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-17, 12:03 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Everyone is allowed a cupcake or two. With rest of the schedule heavy with larger division quality programs and with elite smaller programs like Ursuline, opening up with a team you expect to and should beat is prudent. Plus, playing a school like Collinwood will test you against speed and skill.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-17, 04:12 PM
Riverman Riverman is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-27-14
Posts: 89
Riverman is on a distinguished road
Clinton Massie looking for a week 5 home game, after a verbal commitment back out. Maybe someone could make this happen. Let get people talking.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-17, 04:29 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 3,047
Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Pittsburgh USO may have been moved to another week. But, it's clear WHY they're not in Week 10. Under the new PIAA schedule, Week 10 would be the Pittsburgh City League semifinals. And it would be fairly likely that USO would qualify as 4 of 6 teams qualify and Westinghouse (though had an amazing year this past season for being such a small school in the PCL) will probably be back down to one of the bottom two. Which, means 4 of 5 'big schools' qualify. USO being one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-17, 06:42 PM
RollRed RollRed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-13
Location: Steubenville, Ohio
Posts: 147
RollRed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Clinton Massie looking for a week 5 home game, after a verbal commitment back out. Maybe someone could make this happen. Let get people talking.
Would like to see this game happen again. Nice crowd and good game for both teams
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-17, 11:19 AM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Would love to see CM make trip back over again ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-17, 11:27 AM
Springsteen Springsteen is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-16-12
Posts: 177
Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Would love to see CM make trip back over again ;-)
CM already made the trip to Steubenville. Big Red should return the favor don't you agree?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-11-17, 12:11 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
I was being highly sarcastic Bruce.....but you know us Stubbers, we love our home games.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-11-17, 01:38 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 7,838
EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Pittsburgh USO may have been moved to another week. But, it's clear WHY they're not in Week 10. Under the new PIAA schedule, Week 10 would be the Pittsburgh City League semifinals. And it would be fairly likely that USO would qualify as 4 of 6 teams qualify and Westinghouse (though had an amazing year this past season for being such a small school in the PCL) will probably be back down to one of the bottom two. Which, means 4 of 5 'big schools' qualify. USO being one of them.
bingo

It's PA's week 11
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-11-17, 04:53 PM
Springsteen Springsteen is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-16-12
Posts: 177
Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
I was being highly sarcastic Bruce.....but you know us Stubbers, we love our home games.
Maybe Big Red AD should reach out and make this game happen in Clarksville this upcoming season!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-11-17, 04:57 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Untitled
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 18,804
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post

It's PA's week 11
Ohio Week 10 is more like Week 9 than Week 11.

PA does have an inconsistent setup.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-11-17, 09:33 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
I think we are maxed out on road games at 3 :-). Another road game and we might have to go a whole year without new set of uniforms, and shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-12-17, 10:15 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 426
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Everyone is allowed a cupcake or two. With rest of the schedule heavy with larger division quality programs and with elite smaller programs like Ursuline, opening up with a team you expect to and should beat is prudent. Plus, playing a school like Collinwood will test you against speed and skill.
NO and NO. Please tell me you are joking? Agree with Spread, this will not be a game. Dont kind yourself there Crimson.

I agree a cupcake or 2 is OK, but you should have left it there.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-12-17, 03:41 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 19
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
I think McK is open week 3..........
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-12-17, 03:45 PM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,047
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
I think McK is open week 3..........
No, they are open Week 2.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-12-17, 03:58 PM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,371
Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
I think we are maxed out on road games at 3 :-). Another road game and we might have to go a whole year without new set of uniforms, and shoes!
Your players don't have to buy their own shoes?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-12-17, 04:36 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 268
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Ohio Week 10 is more like Week 9 than Week 11.

PA does have an inconsistent setup.
You got that right. Come playoff time, some teams may play 1 game, then not another 1 for 3 weeks. PA is 6 classes and basically broken down to 2 categories. Western PA side and Eastern PA side. (Ohios version of North and South). In a quarterfinal game, an Eastern team could get moved to the Western side. Causing 2 teams that are about 4-6 hours apart to play. That'd be like a quarterfinal game between an Ohio North and South team (AKA: Wayne vs. Eds). It's crazy. PA also has a district (WPIAL) that while the state tournament is going on, they have their playoffs taking place. Then they send their champion of each class into the state tournament. Many flaws to the PIAA playoff system in all sports.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-12-17, 05:56 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Your players don't have to buy their own shoes?
Not hardly.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-12-17, 10:13 PM
Old Stubber Old Stubber is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-04
Location: Steubenville West (Vegas)
Posts: 1,843
Old Stubber
Is Massillon still under consideration for this year and are they open in week 5?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-12-17, 11:15 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 3,047
Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
You got that right. Come playoff time, some teams may play 1 game, then not another 1 for 3 weeks. PA is 6 classes and basically broken down to 2 categories. Western PA side and Eastern PA side. (Ohios version of North and South). In a quarterfinal game, an Eastern team could get moved to the Western side. Causing 2 teams that are about 4-6 hours apart to play. That'd be like a quarterfinal game between an Ohio North and South team (AKA: Wayne vs. Eds). It's crazy. PA also has a district (WPIAL) that while the state tournament is going on, they have their playoffs taking place. Then they send their champion of each class into the state tournament. Many flaws to the PIAA playoff system in all sports.
Technically, MOST district send their champions into the state tournament AFTER the state tournament has started. Only district classifications with too few teams will play subregionals or multi-district playoffs.

It doesn't fully become state playoffs until the state semifinals. But, all brackets are set before the season. So, a district knows which district they'll play and what weekend in a particular classifications.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-13-17, 06:12 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Untitled
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 18,804
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
I believe PA's official Week 1 it actually OH's Week 2. However they allow teams to start a week early. Not sure if there is a request process on that.

WV may have the best setup, in that they have an 11 week regular season, with a 10 game limit, so everyone one has a Bye. Fewer teams get stuck with 9-game schedules that way due to the flexibility.

KY has a similar setup to PA, except their Week 1 matches OH's, and they allow "Week 0" games the weekend of 8/18/17. So like WV, they also have 11 weekends to get 10 games in.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-13-17, 10:28 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,015
Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Your players don't have to buy their own shoes?
They don't have to pay for their mistakes either!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-13-17, 11:14 AM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Irish, if you have one, don't quit your day job in lieu of being a comedian. Clear something up for me here....are you saying at some schools kids have buy their own shoes? I know one thing that will never ever happen in Steub is any type of pay to play. You could play every varsity sport and never spend one cent for anything. That's why having more home games is important.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-13-17, 11:57 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 10,376
fish82 will become famous soon enough
And moonshine revenue.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-13-17, 12:21 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,015
Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Irish, if you have one, don't quit your day job in lieu of being a comedian. Clear something up for me here....are you saying at some schools kids have buy their own shoes? I know one thing that will never ever happen in Steub is any type of pay to play. You could play every varsity sport and never spend one cent for anything. That's why having more home games is important.
I can't speak for everyone, but when my son was at STVM I bought his football and baseball shoes. Basketball shoes were provided.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-13-17, 01:43 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 19
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
I think McK is open week 3..........
no sir you are wrong

Hudson moved to week 2, McK is open week 3 but I doubt The Big Red will want to make that trip for whatever reason. Just saying, there is an opening there.....
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-13-17, 01:44 PM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,371
Journey is on a distinguished road
We had to buy our own shoes but the local sports store had a sweetheart deal for us to purchase the shoes the coach wanted at a discount rate. I think it was like $30 back when spikes were like $70-100.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-13-17, 01:45 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 19
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
to hdvhsmgr

no sir you are wrong

Hudson moved to week 2, McK is open week 3 but I doubt The Big Red will want to make that trip for whatever reason. Just saying, there is an opening there.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steubenville's Travels (Or Lack Thereof) algernonsidney Football 177 01-23-17 01:14 PM
Boycott Big Red TIGER27 Football 697 08-17-14 08:28 AM
Steubenville Big Red 2014 FairwoodKing Football 99 08-13-14 11:29 PM
Steubenville Big Red 2014 Predictions FairwoodKing Football 119 07-14-14 06:19 AM
Steubenville Big Red 2014 FairwoodKing Football 123 06-06-14 02:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz