Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-09-17, 08:26 PM
Freshman

vikingsforever is on a distinguished road
Coach Babe

is an embarrassment. He gets a double technical while "helping" to coach a JV game. 5 minutes before that he had to walk off of the bench in order to take a phone call/text. Are we to be in awe because you graced us with your supreme leadership skills tonight? Of course his father (a hanger on that adds nothing) had to chime in by mouthing off to the ref after he got tossed. You have little self control which is why you got tossed from your job at the school. They did not even want you back after you told them that you would work for free. Also, let us not forget how you did your brother TJ this year. We can do better than this guy and we will, for sooner or later you blow up again and you will be out.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-17, 10:17 PM
All American

Henry37
little personal there, what year did you get cut by one of the Kwasniaks?
Old 01-09-17, 11:31 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry37 View Post
little personal there, what year did you get cut by one of the Kwasniaks?
So true. He's a punk.
Old 01-09-17, 11:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsforever View Post
is an embarrassment. He gets a double technical while "helping" to coach a JV game. 5 minutes before that he had to walk off of the bench in order to take a phone call/text. Are we to be in awe because you graced us with your supreme leadership skills tonight? Of course his father (a hanger on that adds nothing) had to chime in by mouthing off to the ref after he got tossed. You have little self control which is why you got tossed from your job at the school. They did not even want you back after you told them that you would work for free. Also, let us not forget how you did your brother TJ this year. We can do better than this guy and we will, for sooner or later you blow up again and you will be out.
You are the embarrassment and haven't done nothing for the school. You don't know anything about last year, TJ, or anything else. Go back to pushing your broom.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 01-09-17 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-10-17, 07:38 AM
All District

JAS is on a distinguished road
As only an outside observer have always thought he was overrated. Recruits talent rather than being a good coach. I'm wondering why he hasn't jumped onto the college scene yet as a coach? What do they know that we don't?
Old 01-10-17, 10:05 AM
All District

James x2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats pretty presumptuous on your part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
You are the embarrassment and haven't done nothing for the school. You don't know anything about last year, TJ, or anything else. Go back to pushing your broom.
Too assume someone has been cut by Kwasniak.Too assume they are a menial broom pushing laborer.What if they were? That make the opinion any less valid or accurate than if say they were a corporate white collar donor to the school? Sounds like the coach did wrong.Sounds like this person has some insight into the sceneario that is Babe.You bring warrented criticism when you do these things.Your angry response and defense of the coach sounds like your Babe or close to him, more likely than this guy being cut by a Kwasniak.
Old 01-10-17, 03:43 PM
Freshman

Hey mug

MUG, your comment "haven't done nothing for the school" actually means that I have done something. My English teacher (Mr. Lancaster) taught me well.
Old 01-10-17, 04:08 PM
Freshman

Oh henry37

I have no affiliation with Kwas. I am just telling you what I see and know. I believe that he will have to miss 2 games for his ejection. That suspension may be until 2 JV games are played. His status for the weekend is in doubt. Since he will have some time this weekend, coach will be at my domain pushing a broom that I typically use. Hey MUG, do you give your house boy the weekend off?
Old 01-10-17, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Too assume someone has been cut by Kwasniak.Too assume they are a menial broom pushing laborer.What if they were? That make the opinion any less valid or accurate than if say they were a corporate white collar donor to the school? Sounds like the coach did wrong.Sounds like this person has some insight into the sceneario that is Babe.You bring warrented criticism when you do these things.Your angry response and defense of the coach sounds like your Babe or close to him, more likely than this guy being cut by a Kwasniak.
My problem is with a guy who claims to be a VikingForever airing BS and nonsense on a public forum, talking about things he knows nothing about. As head coach for the last 6 or 7 years, Babe has a grand total of maybe 2 technicals in Varsity games including the state playoff pressure cooker. Contrast that against our previous head coach who probably had about 20 over his 10 years. Yes the two T's hurt in a JV game where we lost by 2, but Babe took responsibility and apologized to his team. He is a human being, like the rest of us, makes mistakes, and learns from mistakes. The real problem is idiots like VFE who claims to love the school and attacks one of our own. Screw him.
Old 01-10-17, 04:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS View Post
As only an outside observer have always thought he was overrated. Recruits talent rather than being a good coach. I'm wondering why he hasn't jumped onto the college scene yet as a coach? What do they know that we don't?
Based on the talent Babe has had his first 5 years, there were many that thought his teams under performed and had the same opinion as you, that he was "overrated". That was until they saw what he was able to do with the 2016 team, taking them to the state title game. There were no DI players or superstars on that squad. If you followed them, you would have seen a collection of hard working and well coached players become state runnerups. In that case, you have to give credit where credit is due.

Babe has had several offers for college programs but to be honest, he made much more in his sales director job than most college coaches. The fact that he wants to watch his kids grow up and coach at his high school and make a difference with kids is a credit to him.
Old 01-10-17, 08:02 PM
Freshman

MUG knows s**t

Mug you cannot face the truth. What are you trying to protect? If you were in the locker room for the half azzed apology that he gave to the team then you would know something. He was in there laughing about it. It is a fact. He makes excuses. For example, there have been times when he rationalizes his behavior by telling you that he has PTSD. That is interesting coming from a guy that was never in battle. He has not grown into a superior coach. He thinks that he can say what he wants and just walk away like he is untouchable. That is not something that kids look up to, admire, or respond to in a positive way. You can call me what you want for it does not matter. However, what is important is the truth, so, find some reality.
Old 01-10-17, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Mug you cannot face the truth. What are you trying to protect? If you were in the locker room for the half azzed apology that he gave to the team then you would know something. He was in there laughing about it. It is a fact. He makes excuses. For example, there have been times when he rationalizes his behavior by telling you that he has PTSD. That is interesting coming from a guy that was never in battle. He has not grown into a superior coach. He thinks that he can say what he wants and just walk away like he is untouchable. That is not something that kids look up to, admire, or respond to in a positive way. You can call me what you want for it does not matter. However, what is important is the truth, so, find some reality.
The reality is a twit like you besmirching Babe and his father when you haven't done crap for our school. His father worked the book store last year pro bono and the 5 or 6 years Babe and his father worked with countless hours away from their families for these kids for free. That is probably the most disgusting thing about you. It's jokers like you who sit in the stands with your thumb up your behind doing jack while people who care are making a difference. If your kid know what a his father was, he would be crushed, so be careful. So go take the advice you gave to Benny boy yourself and get a life.
Old 01-10-17, 08:26 PM
All Region

Lakeshore5 is on a distinguished road
Perhaps they see what he's done for kids in the program and the places they've gone and see the value in that. Not sure any other coach in the last 20 years has done more for the kids. Isn't that what it's about?
Old 01-10-17, 08:42 PM
Freshman

Mug, unromanticize yourself for a stretch. I am not questioning his dedication. If you do not know that what I am writing is true then you are out of touch.
Old 01-10-17, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Mug, unromanticize yourself for a stretch. I am not questioning his dedication. If you do not know that what I am writing is true then you are out of touch.
Go back to your first post, we can do better?? Yeah who, his brother? You? If you had any nads in the pouch, you would tell this to Babe himself but punk cowards like you hide on the internet spouting nonsense to try to hurt our school disgust me. It's shameful.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 01-10-17 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-10-17, 09:04 PM
Freshman

Yes, we can do better, and I am not referring to TJ. In many ways I like Babe but you need to check yourself. It is not as rosy as you believe it to be. I will be waiting for your next post and I will respond with a Babe summary.
Old 01-10-17, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yes, we can do better, and I am not referring to TJ. In many ways I like Babe but you need to check yourself. It is not as rosy as you believe it to be. I will be waiting for your next post and I will respond with a Babe summary.
I'll respond with a Babe summary? Is that a threat? It doesn't matter what you think you know or what I think I know. What matters is a guy like you trying to hurt our school on a public forum. You aren't a Viking and what you are doing is disgusting and shameful.
Old 01-11-17, 02:29 PM
Freshman

Mug the Thesaurus

Hello, it is the punk, idiot, twit, disgusting, shameful coward with his thumb UTA and with no nads, live again, ready to spread more nonsense and BS. I apologize for being absent, for I have been pushing a broom on a 12 hour shift. I pulled my thumb out long enough in order to hitch a ride to my domicile. Wow Mug, Merriam-Webster would be proud of your vernacular.

You are possibly able enough not to be a fool. You will have to decide.
Old 01-11-17, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Gentlemen, let's keep the name-calling out of the thread and keep the discussion civilized. I DO NOT want to close the thread.
Old 01-11-17, 05:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
Typical deflection. You and your defense of the indefensible are exactly why Angela High is a third-rate school. Keep the scandals covered up and that voucher money flowing!
Certainly a few voucher kids on our hoops team. Any on yours?
Old 01-11-17, 06:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
How should I know?
You just told me all about your disdain for VASJ and the vouchers there so I figured since you knew how many were at VASJ, you might know how many were at Benedictine.
Old 01-11-17, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How should I know?
Why throw the slam at another school if you don't know if it applies to your own?

Right, I'm not a mod, just thought the title looked interesting. Why is this on an open forum? It's trash, true or not, it's trash without back-up. Where's the ethical behavior in this thread?

Gotta side with the side calling this cowardly. If there's a problem, take it to the school.
Old 01-11-17, 07:17 PM
All District

Going to the school

If you approached Nate for example with your complaints what would he do? What would any AD do? Laugh you off,brush you aside? Tell you that you have no skin in the game if you weren't a major donor and mind your p's & q's? Just sounds like a passionate fan voicing their disgust for a situation that ALWAYS has some drama around it every time you look up.This started after the Alumni fundraising event I believe.This coach took over for Wojo who was also very passionate for Joes but let some things get the best of him.Is Babe falling in to this trap? Temperment and attitude and image mean something.Alot of turncoat fans disappeared after Wojo was canned.Babe made sure to acknowledge those of us who root for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back.Things have changed slowly and sometimes not for the good.I like Babe but I sense a slippery slope coming. After last years events between him and the powers that be does he have positive mojo in his pocket with this administration? Is he approaching the slippery slope that befell wojo? I hope not.Hail Red& Blue!

Last edited by James x2; 01-11-17 at 07:24 PM. Reason: add to post puntuation
Old 01-11-17, 10:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
If you approached Nate for example with your complaints what would he do? What would any AD do? Laugh you off,brush you aside? Tell you that you have no skin in the game if you weren't a major donor and mind your p's & q's? Just sounds like a passionate fan voicing their disgust for a situation that ALWAYS has some drama around it every time you look up.This started after the Alumni fundraising event I believe.This coach took over for Wojo who was also very passionate for Joes but let some things get the best of him.Is Babe falling in to this trap? Temperment and attitude and image mean something.Alot of turncoat fans disappeared after Wojo was canned.Babe made sure to acknowledge those of us who root for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back.Things have changed slowly and sometimes not for the good.I like Babe but I sense a slippery slope coming. After last years events between him and the powers that be does he have positive mojo in his pocket with this administration? Is he approaching the slippery slope that befell wojo? I hope not.Hail Red& Blue!
Wojo would probably still be there if he handled a specific situation differently. His departure several years ago was unfortunate. Babe has made some mistakes that he will admit, not the same situation as Wojo, but mistakes none the less. Nothing grievous but he challenges the status quo and perhaps not in the most articulate terms. That and some other things has created a small group of enemies that are sadly former friends of his, and because they are relatively powerless, they hide out here to trash him. As I have stated before, this stuff should have been kept between them and inhouse but as you can see, it wasn't. I support Babe fully and if my son was a basketball player or even not, I would want Babe to be his coach or mentor. I will be forever thankful of what he and his family have done to help our school and continue to do.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 01-11-17 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-12-17, 10:06 AM
All District

Fair point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Wojo would probably still be there if he handled a specific situation differently. His departure several years ago was unfortunate. Babe has made some mistakes that he will admit, not the same situation as Wojo, but mistakes none the less. Nothing grievous but he challenges the status quo and perhaps not in the most articulate terms. That and some other things has created a small group of enemies that are sadly former friends of his, and because they are relatively powerless, they hide out here to trash him. As I have stated before, this stuff should have been kept between them and inhouse but as you can see, it wasn't. I support Babe fully and if my son was a basketball player or even not, I would want Babe to be his coach or mentor. I will be forever thankful of what he and his family have done to help our school and continue to do.
I'm just saying that you can undo good intentions,selfless service by the family to this school,and the leadership and values you have instilled in your team.Along with a positive culture.By letting success,and status cloud your judgement.The school is rebounding well and growing in enrollment.Next year they will be div. 2(basketball) won't they? A lot of that positive mojo is due to the Kwasniak family.Alot is due to the efforts of Faculty,students,and alumni.All working parts,all necessary.However,now that VASJ is experiencing growth,if internal strife is due to Babe(Good works and all)whether something is his fault or not.Perception is reality in today's world.And it MAY cause his demise.I don't want that.Getting booted out of a game that normally your not on the bench for was interfearing with the jv coaches and their game.It obviously wasn't his intention.Just a lapse in judgement.That in itself wont cost him but its just a smaller sample of a potentially bigger problem.Sometimes a bunch of little blips on the radar add up to a real problem.Hope this situation just disappears.
Old 01-12-17, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I'm just saying that you can undo good intentions,selfless service by the family to this school,and the leadership and values you have instilled in your team.Along with a positive culture.By letting success,and status cloud your judgement.The school is rebounding well and growing in enrollment.Next year they will be div. 2(basketball) won't they? A lot of that positive mojo is due to the Kwasniak family.Alot is due to the efforts of Faculty,students,and alumni.All working parts,all necessary.However,now that VASJ is experiencing growth,if internal strife is due to Babe(Good works and all)whether something is his fault or not.Perception is reality in today's world.And it MAY cause his demise.I don't want that.Getting booted out of a game that normally your not on the bench for was interfearing with the jv coaches and their game.It obviously wasn't his intention.Just a lapse in judgement.That in itself wont cost him but its just a smaller sample of a potentially bigger problem.Sometimes a bunch of little blips on the radar add up to a real problem.Hope this situation just disappears.
Very fair and well written. Peace to you.
Old 01-12-17, 04:42 PM
All District

Peace to you as well.Go Vikes this weekend and kick some tail in Erie Pa. May all us Viking faithful come together in a common goal of having this school succeed.Lets throw some holy water on this and start out fresh for 2017 amen
Old 01-15-17, 11:47 AM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
I don't know about all the people on the thread but my faith teaches forgiveness. Babe has made mistakes and so has the administration. You can say what you want about ego and bravado - but never underestimate how his players feel about him. My son was on the squad the last two years and has a state championship and runner up on his resume - along with being a captain. Could my son have played more, sure but you cannot question for a second my sons development as a man in his 4 years in the program. My son in fact thought so much of the current staff that he is currently coaching this year with them. Babe is a leader and a tough one - that is what it takes to be successful nowadays. I'm sure at some point something will give and Babe will go elsewhere - I hope not because I would like to see him coach his kids. Sure my son could have went to another school and played more but the Viking program is so much more then just W's and L's. My son is a respectful and hard working young man and he learned many of those traits from Babe, Coach Storey and others. There is way more positive that goes on then there is negative. Go Vikings
Old 01-15-17, 02:25 PM
Varsity

CCA Fan is on a distinguished road
Babe can coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I don't know about all the people on the thread but my faith teaches forgiveness. Babe has made mistakes and so has the administration. You can say what you want about ego and bravado - but never underestimate how his players feel about him. My son was on the squad the last two years and has a state championship and runner up on his resume - along with being a captain. Could my son have played more, sure but you cannot question for a second my sons development as a man in his 4 years in the program. My son in fact thought so much of the current staff that he is currently coaching this year with them. Babe is a leader and a tough one - that is what it takes to be successful nowadays. I'm sure at some point something will give and Babe will go elsewhere - I hope not because I would like to see him coach his kids. Sure my son could have went to another school and played more but the Viking program is so much more then just W's and L's. My son is a respectful and hard working young man and he learned many of those traits from Babe, Coach Storey and others. There is way more positive that goes on then there is negative. Go Vikings
Does Babe get his fair share of talent to come to VASJ? Sure. And that is a compliment to the program. I would also say again and again, that Babe won that district final last year. I know Higgins made the shot but Babe, in my opinion, had less talent and beat a superior Beachwood team due to his coaching.

Am I a VASJ fan, no. But I have a lot of respect for how they do things. Did you see them at Hooley House last year for the team interviews? They looked like a class program all dressed the same. I believe what separates VASJ from CCC is having people like Babe involved in the program.
Old 01-15-17, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA Fan View Post
I believe what separates VASJ from CCC is having people like Babe involved in the program.
Some truth to that, but let's not pretend we're comparing apples to apples. Central Catholic is an inner city school, serving the bottom 30% of the economic spectrum...virtually the entire student body. VASJ has those kids as well, but there are also plenty of middle class Catholics at the school...the same kind of kids you'd find at Ed's and Ignatius...just less of them...the community that produced the coach is still at VASJ in significant numbers.