Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-17, 09:03 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah privates tend to get through tough times because of bigger, stronger, faster, athletes and a lot more of them.
and they get them because they have more to offer than public schools like yours (and unlike mine) have to offer.
Old 01-07-17, 09:14 AM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
When you're acting alone, who's to complain?
Uh, even the worst is the best, if you get what I mean.Uh maybe you don't. Uh try to remember those good ole days.
Old 01-07-17, 09:17 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
and they get them because they have more to offer than public schools like yours (and unlike mine) have to offer.
Uh, there are a myriad of reasons kids go to private schools. The one you have offered is probably true in some cases and not true in other cases.
Old 01-07-17, 09:26 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Trolling for dates BJF? Check out hose clamp, you two would have a lot in common. You will have to drive to Trenton though to hook up with him as he can't leave momma's basement and his 86 Chevette won't make it all the way to Delphos.
Uh Zeedady are you spying on me again? Uh Chevette is a real chick magnet, but you gotta be really flexible to take advantage of it. Uh probably leaves you out because we know all you religious guys are straight laced and would never do anything like that.Right? Uh those two lights in Trenton would probably confuse that Delphos good ole boy. Maybe you should draw him a map. Uh never said I live in Trenton, just another thing you made up. Uh besides that everyone knows you are my one true love.
Old 01-07-17, 09:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Uh, there are a myriad of reasons kids go to private schools. The one you have offered is probably true in some cases and not true in other cases.
Raising the question, what are you doing about it other than crying "no fair"?

We don't lose kids to private schools for the following reasons:

1) Academics
2) Sports

We do lose kids to private schools for the following reasons:

1) Religious beliefs and teaching (aka the reason they exist).
Old 01-07-17, 09:32 AM
Moderated User

Quote:

1) Academics
2) Sports

Uh, life is pretty simple when you have all the answers, right? Black and white, yes and no. Have you ever heard of gray areas?
Old 01-07-17, 09:35 AM
All World

Quote:
Uh, life is pretty simple when you have all the answers, right? Black and white, yes and no. Have you ever heard of gray areas?
Nothing gray about some achieving excellence and others not so much. Was your not answering my question an oversight or intentional?
Old 01-07-17, 09:39 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Nothing gray about some achieving excellence and others not so much. Was your not answering my question an oversight or intentional?
Uh both, or maybe neither.
Old 01-07-17, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
uh, you shouldn't encourage such meanness....

Old 01-07-17, 10:58 AM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Trolling for dates BJF? Check out hose clamp, you two would have a lot in common. You will have to drive to Trenton though to hook up with him as he can't leave momma's basement and his 86 Chevette won't make it all the way to Delphos.
Nope, just trying to let folks know all the stereotypes about Catholic schools are untrue.

Now you boys can go back to your nonsensical bickering. Have a great day!
Old 01-07-17, 06:04 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Nope, just trying to let folks know all the stereotypes about Catholic schools are untrue.

Now you boys can go back to your nonsensical bickering. Have a great day!
Uh, dude all stereotypes are not true.
Old 01-07-17, 06:08 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I don't think "hoser" means what you think it means!
Uh, I can say without a doubt, you don't know what it means what so ever.
Old 01-07-17, 06:36 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay20 View Post
I don't know a single thing about you or your schools, but my guess is that folks you are calling "Ivy Leaguer" or "pompous azz" paid for said schools to exist.
Uh, yep and boy do we appreciate it. Money talks and bull shi* walks.Keep that long green comn. Our system of public schools makes our country unique in the world. Every kid should have a chance to make it in this country.
Old 01-07-17, 10:57 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, just a little heads up.When you guys entertain Winton Woods next season be prepared for probably less than 100 people in the stands. What Woods will bring is a team of great athletes including a LB who will probably end up at the OSU. Woods has a tendency of beating themselves with bonehead penalties and terrible special teams, but if they get ahead of you guys look out.
Yeah we know all about WW even in their Playoff seasons a less than 500% watterson Team handled them.
Old 01-07-17, 10:58 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, I can say without a doubt, you don't know what it means what so ever.
It's a hockey term made famous by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas of SCTV. It means "loser" or "fool"; which is actually apropropriate when looking at a lot of your posts.
Old 01-08-17, 12:26 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
It's a hockey term made famous by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas of SCTV. It means "loser" or "fool"; which is actually apropropriate when looking at a lot of your posts.
Uh yeah now I get it. Those guys are on the Browns. One is a receiver and one is a backup kicker. Figures you would be a Browns fan.
Old 01-08-17, 08:51 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1) Academics
2) Sports

Catholic schools "lose" many multiples of the students public schools "lose" to Catholic schools. Many families would send their kids to Catholic schools if the financial cost was equal, but it's not even close.

So, many families send their kids to Catholic grade schools and switch to public high schools. That's why CBP doesn't multiply non OE public schools' kids when they didn't come from the public schools in 7th and 8th grade. Public school supporters don't want to address that issue, preferring to just make that a one-way multiplier.
Old 01-09-17, 07:05 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post

Catholic schools "lose" many multiples of the students public schools "lose" to Catholic schools. Many families would send their kids to Catholic schools if the financial cost was equal, but it's not even close.

So, many families send their kids to Catholic grade schools and switch to public high schools. That's why CBP doesn't multiply non OE public schools' kids when they didn't come from the public schools in 7th and 8th grade. Public school supporters don't want to address that issue, preferring to just make that a one-way multiplier.
So, what about the kids/ families that want to send their kids to the Catholic HS. Have gone through 8th grade and then are turned away? We get those kids. Have the $, but don't get in. We also have the kids that are not Catholic but are good athletes that get in at a very reduced rate. Why is that? It's not a lot, but it is quite a few.

What part of the competitive Balance proposal is so unfair to privates and so advantageous to publics. It's applied to both right? You are just used to operating under a separate set of rules. You can do things publics can't and if it's all the same, that irks you. Come up to the NE where you would have $V$M, Hoban, Wal$h and others to compete with.
Old 01-09-17, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
So, what about the kids/ families that want to send their kids to the Catholic HS. Have gone through 8th grade and then are turned away? We get those kids. Have the $, but don't get in. ...............

If they have the money, they get in.
Old 01-09-17, 07:42 AM
All World

Quote:
You can do things publics can't and if it's all the same, that irks you.
Like what?
Old 01-09-17, 09:08 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
If they have the money, they get in.
That's simply not true in all cases. Even with grades and money, they sometimes don't get in. We have those kids. We have those bitter parents. Quirky kids or even quirky parents. Slight and I mean very slight learning disabilities can DQ a kid. You might want to do even a little research before you state something. Your statement is not true 100% of the time, so it's not true at all.

When I was unwilling to come up with any $ for my stepson to go to Wal$h, tuition was cut in half. My neighbor paid zero for his kid to go the $V$M and is not Catholic. He was 6'-5" 290# though.

My ex neighbor from Gahanna is convinced that their daughter got into Bishop Hartley and her son did not because Hartley keeps the boys admissions low to keep them in lower divisions and they don't care as much about the girls. I could care less, but it's hard to argue with her when her son came out of MS with better grades than his sister. Then she comes at me with enrollment figures that have the boys with 100 less than girls and no explanation why her son did not get in. She could pay.
Old 01-09-17, 09:22 AM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's simply not true in all cases. Even with grades and money, they sometimes don't get in. We have those kids. We have those bitter parents. Quirky kids or even quirky parents. Slight and I mean very slight learning disabilities can DQ a kid. You might want to do even a little research before you state something. Your statement is not true 100% of the time, so it's not true at all.

When I was unwilling to come up with any $ for my stepson to go to Wal$h, tuition was cut in half. My neighbor paid zero for his kid to go the $V$M and is not Catholic. He was 6'-5" 290# though.

My ex neighbor from Gahanna is convinced that their daughter got into Bishop Hartley and her son did not because Hartley keeps the boys admissions low to keep them in lower divisions and they don't care as much about the girls. I could care less, but it's hard to argue with her when her son came out of MS with better grades than his sister. Then she comes at me with enrollment figures that have the boys with 100 less than girls and no explanation why her son did not get in. She could pay.
Psycho dad droppin bombs all over the thread!
Old 01-09-17, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
Psycho dad droppin bombs all over the thread!
Mostly duds though.
Old 01-09-17, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Mostly duds though.
Especially the old enrollment manipulation claim. Like there really is someone in admissions that is keeping an eye on where the line will fall for football Divisions so Hartley can stay in a lower Division. Also the $ sign in place of a S is one of the most trite things you could do on a message board, how about some originality?
Old 01-09-17, 10:27 AM
All District

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh as I recall I have never revealed my income level and you have no idea what it is. Uh after reading your post, you have no idea about a lot of things. Perception is reality no matter what your income level Einstein. So I guess there is nothing wrong how anybody conducts themselves. Uh current events pretty much disproves that brilliant statement. Try reading a good book. You might be surprised.
You don't have to, uh, reveal your income, uh, you clearly have, uh, a problem with rich people, uh, and, private schools. Uh, I read every day.

Having grown up dirt poor, uh, I can tell you poor people, uh, could care less about perception. Uh, especially if they live in poor areas, uh. It never bothered me until, uh, my mom moved us to the suburbs. Then perception, uh, was a smack in the face, uh.
Old 01-09-17, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Especially the old enrollment manipulation claim. Like there really is someone in admissions that is keeping an eye on where the line will fall for football Divisions so Hartley can stay in a lower Division. Also the $ sign in place of a S is one of the most trite things you could do on a message board, how about some originality?
I also like how everyone seems to come to him with their "private school woes". He must be a bartender.
Old 01-09-17, 11:03 AM
All District

Quote:

I sent my kids to the wrong Catholic school. If they can give away free tuition surely the parents don't have to work any events or do fund raisers since they are so flush with cash!

So Hartley stays 44 boys shy of the bump up? Not 5-10, but 44. They leave all of that tuition money on the table so they don't get moved to another division. Forty-four boys short of the bump?!?!

AD: (to Principal) How many kids should we be short to keep from being bumped up to D3?

Principal: How about 5?

AD: WHAT!? what if something happens or we counted wrong and get bumped up!?

Principal: What do you think it should be?

AD: 45! No, wait! 44. we don't want to make people think that we are trying to keep the numbers artificially low to stay in D4. Plus we have a nice cushion in case something weird happens.
Old 01-09-17, 12:09 PM
All World

So, do you think public schools do not have concession stsnds? They magically run themselves? Nowhere did I say Hartley manipulated anything. My neighbor brought it to my attention. She wanted an explanation as to how one of her children got into the school while the other did not. She wants to know why there is a 100 kid difference between boys and girls and if there was sort of hard cap on number of students. I have no explanation for her.
Old 01-09-17, 12:34 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So, do you think public schools do not have concession stsnds? They magically run themselves? Nowhere did I say Hartley manipulated anything. My neighbor brought it to my attention. She wanted an explanation as to how one of her children got into the school while the other did not. She wants to know why there is a 100 kid difference between boys and girls and if there was sort of hard cap on number of students. I have no explanation for her.
No Catholic school that I know of will turn away a tuition paying student. Where does this stuff come from?
Old 01-09-17, 12:54 PM
All District

Quote:
WTH does concessions have to do with anything??? I said I should've sent my kids to SVSM since they give out scholarships and are flush with cash. I'm talking about donating time at bingo, cleaning the boys locker room, cutting the grass, and weeding the flower beds. All the stuff that you don't do as a public school parent.

You didn't say it but you put it out there. And you said it was hard to disagree. So, lets.....