Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
Privates almost never win softball.

So, seriously...you actually think MOST of the people who attend Ignatius or Ed's or X or Moeller (15 grand) or University School or Hathaway Brown or CSG (25 grand) are spending that kind of money to be on a winning sports team?
Uh, no, I think most of the people who spend that kind of money on high school are just rich and are seeking a feeling of superiority and arrogance a lot of the private school people are after. Now most of the great athletes are there to be on winning teams and most of them go free or at a reduced rate.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-17, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So, seriously...you actually think MOST of the people who attend Ignatius or Ed's or X or Moeller (15 grand) or University School or Hathaway Brown or CSG (25 grand) are spending that kind of money to be on a winning sports team?
No. the hose-boy thinks they all get some sort of scholarship and go there for free.
Old 01-05-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Uh, dude that first line is hilarious. Uh you win, I give.
Old 01-05-17, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
No. the hose-boy thinks they all get some sort of scholarship and go there for free.
Uh, oh so predictable, making fun of user names. Uh lets see whats next? Oh yeah jealousy,envy,dont work as hard,coaching, parental involvement, and last but not least we got the big guy on ourside.
Old 01-05-17, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
It only seems that way to the functionally illiterate.
Uh, I beg your pardon. I am functioning great. I don't take any male enhancement supplements and have never had any complaints. Uh "hoser" get it? You smart guys cant see the forest for the trees.
Old 01-05-17, 02:22 PM
Varsity

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah, winning basketball teams (men and women), wrestling teams(men only),swimming teams,soccer teams(men and women), baseball teams,softball teams,Volleyball teams (men and women), track teams (men and women), water polo teams,lacrosse teams, bowling teams,Uh get the picture yet?
I think we get the picture. You lost in high school to a private school. Probably during the best year your school ever had and your hopes of a state title went down the toilet. You then become an adult and pinned all of your hopes and dreams on your children. But, they also get beat by a private (or multiple) school. Now you have an insatiable need to demonize all private schools and their supporters until you can get OHSAA to create separate tourneys!!! Muhahaha!
Old 01-05-17, 02:23 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, I beg your pardon. I am functioning great. I don't take any male enhancement supplements and have never had any complaints. Uh "hoser" get it? You smart guys cant see the forest for the trees.
Do I sense a feeling of superiority and arrogance?
Old 01-05-17, 02:23 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, no, I think most of the people who spend that kind of money on high school are just rich and are seeking a feeling of superiority and arrogance a lot of the private school people are after. Now most of the great athletes are there to be on winning teams and most of them go free or at a reduced rate.
Delusional. There's not a sliver of truth in the whole post.
Old 01-05-17, 02:30 PM
Varsity

Quote:
LOL! You need to go to Newark, Zanesville, Lancaster, Somerset, Mt. Vernon, Mansfield and look at all of the rich people sending their kids to private schools. Those arrogant SOBs making $60k a year and flaunting it in your face! It's disgusting! Not to mention all of the athletes going to school for free! They must have multi million dollar trusts set up for all the scholarships! I bet the restrooms are stocked with toilet paper made out of $100 bills! Filthy rich people!!
Old 01-05-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, dude that first line is hilarious. Uh you win, I give.
It's a minor thing, but it does point out that, in this area, you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 01-05-17, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
I think we get the picture. You lost in high school to a private school. Probably during the best year your school ever had and your hopes of a state title went down the toilet. You then become an adult and pinned all of your hopes and dreams on your children. But, they also get beat by a private (or multiple) school. Now you have an insatiable need to demonize all private schools and their supporters until you can get OHSAA to create separate tourneys!!! Muhahaha!
Uh actually when I was in high school, we lost to everybody.Best record 3-7. State title are you kidn me? 500 was our goal. To small,to slow and to weak to be any good, but it was fun. Nah separate tourneys would suck. Simple fix move all private schools up two divisions and have at it. uh dude do you have a crystal ball? Uh what is "Muhahaha?"
Old 01-05-17, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's a minor thing, but it does point out that, in this area, you don't know what you're talking about.
Uh, I must confess knowledge about fast pitch softball is not one of my stronger points.
Old 01-05-17, 03:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They must have multi million dollar trusts set up for all the scholarships!
Some do.
Old 01-05-17, 03:14 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
LOL! You need to go to Newark, Zanesville, Lancaster, Somerset, Mt. Vernon, Mansfield and look at all of the rich people sending their kids to private schools. Those arrogant SOBs making $60k a year and flaunting it in your face! It's disgusting! Not to mention all of the athletes going to school for free! They must have multi million dollar trusts set up for all the scholarships! I bet the restrooms are stocked with toilet paper made out of $100 bills! Filthy rich people!!
Don't 'cha know that the cradle of wealth is Perry County!
Old 01-05-17, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh the average HOUSEHOLD income in the US, is 54 grand. So yes 60 grand is above average. If there are two SOBS making 60 grand, that would be twice the national average. Uh no multi million trusts, but so called "leadership" or some other made up term schollys for the gifted athletes. Tuba players need not apply.
Old 01-05-17, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
Do I sense a feeling of superiority and arrogance?
Uh we are all good at something, don't you think there old supporter?
Old 01-05-17, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh, I must confess knowledge about fast pitch softball is not one of my stronger points.
You talked about it. You made assertions about it. So, you don't know anything about it. Privates almost never win in that sport. So, my conclusion is that you talk about lots of things, many of which you know nothing about.
Old 01-05-17, 03:25 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sort of like the English language?
Old 01-05-17, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Sort of like the English language?
Uh OK that's two I dare you to name another one. Uh wait that's to easy. I dare you to name 15 more. Aw forget it way to easy.
Old 01-05-17, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You talked about it. You made assertions about it. So, you don't know anything about it. Privates almost never win in that sport. So, my conclusion is that you talk about lots of things, many of which you know nothing about.
Uh, jack of all trades, master of nothing. A well rounded, and I mean "well" rounded individual. That's yours truly Hoser the GREAT.
Old 01-05-17, 04:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh actually when I was in high school, we lost to everybody.Best record 3-7. State title are you kidn me? 500 was our goal. To small,to slow and to weak to be any good, but it was fun. Nah separate tourneys would suck. Simple fix move all private schools up two divisions and have at it. uh dude do you have a crystal ball? Uh what is "Muhahaha?"
Your problem is with D1 and D2. Going to be hard to move them up 2 divisions. I do have a crystal ball. How did you know? Do you have a crystal ball? That is the evil laugh I envision you using as you sit there in your boxers plotting out the destruction of the small private schools that are the bane of your existence.
Old 01-05-17, 04:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
Some do.
Yes some do but I would guess most of the really small rural ones that I listed don't. If they do I bet they don't use it for scholarships for athletes. It's used to keep the doors open.
Old 01-05-17, 04:09 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh the average HOUSEHOLD income in the US, is 54 grand. So yes 60 grand is above average. If there are two SOBS making 60 grand, that would be twice the national average. Uh no multi million trusts, but so called "leadership" or some other made up term schollys for the gifted athletes. Tuba players need not apply.
My point is that you have a household making $60k. Which is $6k over your national average. That's not rich by any means. It's not even well off, or comfortable. Those small rural schools can't afford to give kids free rides for athletics. You clearly have never been around a private school. You are just basing your entire argument off of something you've heard about the D1 privates or the schools like Hawken and CSG. You are painting a picture of all privates with a very broad brush and it is incorrect.
Old 01-05-17, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I think this thing reinforces my assertion that the public/private debate is more urban vs rural/exurbs than anything else. No surprise that some of the largest % communities are inner ring suburbs and that the smallest according to the article are rural based. I know folks in University Heights that believe Gesu Catholic School or Fuchs Mizrachi Orthodox Jewish School is much more of a community school than Gearity Elementary, (the only public school in UH) or even a school in a place like Sandy Valley.
Old 01-06-17, 09:24 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I know folks in University Heights that believe Gesu Catholic School or Fuchs Mizrachi Orthodox Jewish School is much more of a community school than Gearity Elementary, (the only public school in UH) or even a school in a place like Sandy Valley.
Sure, if you like to identify yourself by whom you exclude, I guess those could be considered a community.

A gated community.
Old 01-06-17, 10:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sure, if you like to identify yourself by whom you exclude, I guess those could be considered a community.

A gated community.
So, you get to have it both ways. We can criticize a Catholic school, for instance, for admitting non-Catholics. The religion thing is a sham. Or, we can criticize a Catholic school for keeping out all of those we don't like/want.
Old 01-06-17, 10:30 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
So, you get to have it both ways. We can criticize a Catholic school, for instance, for admitting non-Catholics. The religion thing is a sham. Or, we can criticize a Catholic school for keeping out all of those we don't like/want.
Don't be so melodramatic, I never criticized anyone for admitting anyone, the "your money isn't good here" line hasn't been said unironically for a long time. I dare you to find a post by anyone espousing that viewpoint.

But the hogwash mantra about the "community" of these schools isn't true. They're insular and extra cliquish. The whole "community" is a clique, and there's cliques within the clique. Pretending otherwise doesn't make it so. That's why privates have such tiny fan bases, they're not inclusive and lie to themselves to pretend they have better morals instead of just relatively more money than the real communities they live in.
Old 01-06-17, 11:01 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:

But the hogwash mantra about the "community" of these schools isn't true. They're insular and extra cliquish. The whole "community" is a clique, and there's cliques within the clique. Pretending otherwise doesn't make it so. That's why privates have such tiny fan bases, they're not inclusive and lie to themselves to pretend they have better morals instead of just relatively more money than the real communities they live in.
This is different from any organization in general in what way, other than making the un-provable claim that it is "more" cliquish?
Old 01-06-17, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Don't be so melodramatic, I never criticized anyone for admitting anyone, the "your money isn't good here" line hasn't been said unironically for a long time. I dare you to find a post by anyone espousing that viewpoint.

You're clearly not informed on the topic.

Check back over the last ten years. The best-attended championship football games have been Ignatius/X, Ignatius/Elder.

And this concept of exclusion that is in your comments. There is very little excluding going on in Catholic high schools. Most accept almost all who apply.
Old 01-06-17, 12:24 PM
All District

HomerJay20
Quote:
Uh yeah, but my daddy can whip your daddy. Uh, horrid, really, Uh that seems a little harsh.UH how much do you know about "my schools?" That's what I thought. What factors did you use in this comprehensive review of "my school?" Uh sorta figured that also. "Your betters," now that is a new one . Don't believe I have ever seen that term on this site before. Are you an Ivy Leaguer or just some pompous azz?
I don't know a single thing about you or your schools, but my guess is that folks you are calling "Ivy Leaguer" or "pompous azz" paid for said schools to exist.