Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-03-17, 07:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
2017 Predictions - DI Conference Champs

Predictions for Comference champs.

ECC, GMC, GCL

2016 Champs
ECC: Anderson
GMC: Sycamore
GCL: Lasalle

Predictions for 2017...
ECC: Anderson
GMC: Mason
GCL: St. Xavier

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-17, 09:14 AM
Varsity

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsObserver513 View Post
GCL: Moeller
After a strong start they struggled to end the season, but they return a majority of their roster and I think they will have a better year 2 under the new head coach.

GMC: Sycamore
Winners of the GMC last year and I believe they return more than anyone in the GMC. Bodes well for them.

ECC: Walnut Hills
Last year was a fluke year for Walnut. They'll be back on top this year.
Really interesting picks here...Not sure I agree with any of them.

The GCL is always a hard conference to predict since the teams play each other twice. Because of that, I'll just go with Lasalle since they won last year. Sycamore upset Mason for the GMC title last year, but I don't see that happening again. Mason will win it and start a new title streak in 2017. The past two years the ECC has come down to the Turpin/Anderson game. In 2015 Turpin won it and Anderson came in second. Last year Anderson got the best of Turpin. I'll predict the winner of that game this year will once again be the ECC champs.

Should be a fun year.
Old 02-16-17, 09:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Just looked at rosters of the top 10 teams from last year. As expected many of the top teams had CUP players on their roster. Mason, Lakota East, St. x and Sycamore have rosters filled with them. My question, where do most of the Moeller, Anderson, Lakota West and Lasalle players come from??
Old 02-17-17, 04:30 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
Just looked at rosters of the top 10 teams from last year. As expected many of the top teams had CUP players on their roster. Mason, Lakota East, St. x and Sycamore have rosters filled with them. My question, where do most of the Moeller, Anderson, Lakota West and Lasalle players come from??
How are you able to figure out what club team each player plays for? Not questioning your validity. I'm honestly asking because it's something I've tried to figure out.
Old 02-17-17, 09:49 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
How are you able to figure out what club team each player plays for? Not questioning your validity. I'm honestly asking because it's something I've tried to figure out.
I have a son in CUP so know most of the CUP Gold names. But it's why I'm not sure where the other kids from those others teams play on. KHA, TFA, ACE???
Old 02-17-17, 03:34 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have a son in CUP so know most of the CUP Gold names. But it's why I'm not sure where the other kids from those others teams play on. KHA, TFA, ACE???
I thought that's how. Oh well
Old 02-21-17, 08:37 AM
All District

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lakota West, Moeller and Anderson all have CUP players. Not sure about Lasalle. Talent is pretty well spread out which should make for some interesting soccer.
Old 02-21-17, 01:37 PM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
I used to scout teams and the best way to do this is find them on Got Soccer or find a tournament that has a lot of top teams that use the service for the tourney. The HS age club teams typically have their rosters on there by team. Then you can compare those to the HS roster. HS rosters can be tricky to find for some schools but luckily all schools seem to be using the same conference web tool and you can find them there. You click on Statistics, then pick a player, you can then click on the dropdown next to Roster to see all the players on the HS team of the chosen player.
Old 02-22-17, 09:51 PM
Varsity

cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Lakota West, Moeller and Anderson all have CUP players. Not sure about Lasalle. Talent is pretty well spread out which should make for some interesting soccer.
Most Anderson players are ACE with a few CUP and Kings mixed in.
Old 03-18-17, 08:36 PM
All District

SportsObserver513 is on a distinguished road
Doesn't matter who has the most CUP Kids. HS soccer is all about a group of individuals buying into a team concept. The best can win without the best players. The worst can lose with the best players. Happens every year.
Old 03-19-17, 12:27 PM
All District

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsObserver513 View Post
Doesn't matter who has the most CUP Kids. HS soccer is all about a group of individuals buying into a team concept. The best can win without the best players. The worst can lose with the best players. Happens every year.
You need team players and difference makers. Coaches that can put the pieces together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: