Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Alabama vs Clemson
Alabama 1-10 3 13.64%
Alabama 11-20 5 22.73%
Alabama 21+ 2 9.09%
Clemson 1-10 11 50.00%
Clemson 11-20 1 4.55%
Clemson 21+ 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-17, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
CFP Championship: Alabama vs Clemson (1/9) 8:00PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Given the stance he took after the FSU v ND 2 years ago, he has to believe Clemson should have been flagged. If not, he's a hypocrite.

Geez nearly a whole thread page on me when I actually was out for the game and off yappi. I know that's a foreign concept for the select group of trolls on here Scared that some of you spend so much time wondering a random users thoughts

First one was def a pick play. Second one was more debatable but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it called

And I hate Clemson so I'm not going to be filled with joy that they finally won a title. There's a difference between caring about the league like sec bandwagoners do jocking on bama vs just defending the strength

The acc was good this year. So they deserved praise from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-17, 01:46 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Geez nearly a whole thread page on me when I actually was out for the game and off yappi. I know that's a foreign concept for the select group of trolls on here Scared that some of you spend so much time wondering a random users thoughts

First one was def a pick play. Second one was more debatable but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it called

And I hate Clemson so I'm not going to be filled with joy that they finally won a title. There's a difference between caring about the league like sec bandwagoners do jocking on bama vs just defending the strength

The last TD was identical to the ND play v FSU
Old 01-10-17, 01:57 PM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Nice to see you care about me enough to comment on me multiple times when I haven't even posted in the thread. Good to see your little man attitude stays consistent with each screen name

Feel bad for losers who care about posting on people like that on an internet message board.

I hadn't read the thread so I had no idea if you had commented on the thread. Hence my original question.
Old 01-10-17, 02:00 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Has MentorMad came in here yet to thump his chest about the ACC only to tell everyone he doesn't care about the rest of the ACC?
And there it is
Old 01-10-17, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I understand this is a very small sample but so far in the playoff era we have 3 different title winners from 3 different conferences. The ACC, B1G and Pac 12 all have had 2 different teams in it, SEC has had the same team in all three. Again, only 3 years into this but maybe the whole SEC thing was a product of a rigged BCS system as some have said?
Old 01-10-17, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
The last TD was identical to the ND play v FSU
No the first one was. The second one the Bama guy picked his teammate by jumping the slant.
Old 01-10-17, 02:29 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I understand this is a very small sample but so far in the playoff era we have 3 different title winners from 3 different conferences. The ACC, B1G and Pac 12 all have had 2 different teams in it, SEC has had the same team in all three. Again, only 3 years into this but maybe the whole SEC thing was a product of a rigged BCS system as some have said?
This whole thing about the best conference is a joke ... most of the bowl games are within a touchdown either way ... just because one team makes a FG at the end of the game and the other misses it does not mean one league better than the other ... overall the 5 major conferences are relativity equal or very close.
Old 01-10-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Bowl games tricky when gauging things anyway. A lot of the time a team isn't even taking the game as seriously as it would a regular season game.
Old 01-10-17, 02:58 PM
All American

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It is to a certain degree, the top teams from each conference is generally pretty good, as the playoff system indicates. My comparisons come with the middle and bottom of the conferences. I do feel the SEC has a better middle and bottom of the conference than the other conferences.
It just seems like the middle SEC schools give their top schools better games overall.
One thing is for sure, the Big Ten is not the best conference, in fact, it's probably now at least #3. The SEC and ACC are better. The top 7 teams in the big ten went 1-6 in bowl games, with Ohio State and Iowa being drilled in their games. The only winner was Wisconsin, which got a layup with Western Michigan, the MAC winner, and that game was much closer than anticipated.
Old 01-10-17, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
This whole thing about the best conference is a joke ... most of the bowl games are within a touchdown either way ... just because one team makes a FG at the end of the game and the other misses it does not mean one league better than the other ... overall the 5 major conferences are relativity equal or very close.
but people like to talk about it.

If the big 10 had taken care of business, those here in the midwest would be boasting how great the conference was this season but since they didnt many want to downplay it.
Old 01-10-17, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Eh.

Wouldnt say that. SEC has been in the finals all 3 seasons.

BCS era the SEC was I believe 6-2 in the finals.

Seems like they belonged as a top conference.
Old 01-10-17, 03:59 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
SEC was loaded in the BCS era because they had great coaches not named Saban. That's not the case anymore.

Right now the Big Ten and ACC have better coaches
Old 01-10-17, 04:13 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the refs should go on the warpath about these pick plays, and the rule should be changed to say that a receiver is not allowed to impede the movement of a defensive back covering another receiver in any way, shape, or form. Everyone knows what's going on, and refs just refuse to hold teams accountable.

So, just take the judgement out of it completely, and say regardless of whether or not it looks "incidental" or "accidental," if a receiver does anything to impede a DB from covering another WR, a flag gets thrown. To me, it's no different that clamping down on the hand checking in basketball.

If you put your hands on an offensive player in basketball now that impedes the movement of that offensive player, you get called for a foul no questions asked. That's the way it should be with these pick plays.

Otherwise, it was a great game.
Old 01-10-17, 04:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Eh.

Wouldnt say that. SEC has been in the finals all 3 seasons.
You mean Semifinals. Bama lost in the Semifinal to Ohio State in year 1. But even though the SEC has been represented every year in the playoff, it's lone team to qualify has been Alabama.

On the flip side how bad it must be for the Big12, left out two of three seasons and Oklahoma drilled in the Semifinal by Clemson in their lone appearance.
Old 01-10-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the refs should go on the warpath about these pick plays, and the rule should be changed to say that a receiver is not allowed to impede the movement of a defensive back covering another receiver in any way, shape, or form. Everyone knows what's going on, and refs just refuse to hold teams accountable.

So, just take the judgement out of it completely, and say regardless of whether or not it looks "incidental" or "accidental," if a receiver does anything to impede a DB from covering another WR, a flag gets thrown. To me, it's no different that clamping down on the hand checking in basketball.

If you put your hands on an offensive player in basketball now that impedes the movement of that offensive player, you get called for a foul no questions asked. That's the way it should be with these pick plays.

No way. So you want to give DBs the ability to jump in front of a WR to make it appear that he's being picked in order to get a flag for offensive PI because that's what would happen. The rule is fine as is, if the referees aren't too chicken sht to call it. Much like your hand check rule (which isn't called all the time anyways), if the WR uses his hands to make the pick then it should be offensive PI. If he turns and simply is in the way, that's just good offense.
Old 01-10-17, 04:28 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
So you want to give DBs the ability to jump in front of a WR to make it appear that he's being picked in order to get a flag for offensive PI because that's what would happen.
That's not what I said, and that's not what's happening on the field. The WR is running straight at the DB covering the other receiver, and everybody knows what's going down. It's just a joke that everyone goes along with this "incidental" or "accidental" nonsense.
Old 01-10-17, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I felt that the last play was indeed offensive pass interference. I also believe that the play previous to that was defensive pass interference but not in the end zone like they stated. I felt it should of been half the distance instead of placed on the 2.
Old 01-10-17, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd;6673240[B
]I felt that the last play was indeed offensive pass interference.[/B] I also believe that the play previous to that was defensive pass interference but not in the end zone like they stated. I felt it should of been half the distance instead of placed on the 2.
How? The WR has the right to run his route and was contacted by the DB. No one made any contact whatsoever with the defender of the wr who caught the ball.
Old 01-10-17, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's not what I said, and that's not what's happening on the field. The WR is running straight at the DB covering the other receiver, and everybody knows what's going down. It's just a joke that everyone goes along with this "incidental" or "accidental" nonsense.
The defender who was covering the guy who caught it ran around his own defender to get to the coverage.

That is just assinine to think that last play should be called a penalty on anyone.
Old 01-10-17, 05:57 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
That is just assinine to think that last play should be called a penalty on anyone.
If that is so, then it's asinine to think any of those plays could be called pass interference under the current rules. You see the same stuff over & over, and sometimes they call it & then other times they don't. The refs are making it up as they go.

That's the essence of the problem. It's become this "honor among thieves" kind of play where if you can simply fake what you're doing enough, you can get away with it.

That's exactly why I argue that the rule should be changed to say that any time WRs are running right at opposing DBs simply to impede their progress on pass coverage, it should be ruled pass interference. No more "judgement calls" for the refs; it's cut and dried.
Old 01-10-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

CFP Championship: Alabama vs Clemson (1/9) 8:00PM

Quote:
And there it is

Except that is in no way thumping my chest. And it was in response to what you said. That's why I said the stuff I said

There's a big difference between living off other conference members accomplishments vs just saying the league is strong this year

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 01-10-17 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-10-17, 08:32 PM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
I wonder if Brasco is surprised lol.
Old 01-10-17, 08:42 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
good question.
Old 01-11-17, 08:21 AM
Cooling Off

lol Yappi editing posts bc MentorMad complains
Old 01-11-17, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

I just laughed at how pathetic you are. Didn't complain or notice any edits

Old 01-11-17, 10:26 AM
Cooling Off

Are you laughing with your imaginary friends?
Old 01-11-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
But if you make the rule change so that any time an offensive player runs at/impedes a defensive player while running their route to open up a teammate, then the result will be coaches teaching DBs to jump routes in an effort to force flags being thrown. People complain about the reviews, but there doesn't need to be more flags because defenses can't cover pick plays.

Maybe they should outlaw the pick and roll in basketball because it's not fair to the defense. If the Bama DBs switch on that play like they should have it's INT Tide and game over.

The final TD was a pick, but it was not a penalty. The TD to Williams earlier in the quarter was a pick and definitely a penalty that wasn't called.
Old 01-11-17, 11:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Are you laughing with your imaginary friends?

Says the guy who constantly changes his name to keep posting on a board he's been banned on multiple times

And says the guy checking up on a random user who hadn't even posted in the thread at the time

Old 01-11-17, 12:10 PM
Cooling Off

So uh.....do you know what the word "imaginary" means? Because based on that post, you don't.....
Old 01-11-17, 03:50 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I wonder who redskin17 rooted for considering it was two teams he doesn't like.