Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-04-17, 08:53 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
For everyone who is ready to can JT, what made him regress so much that he no longer even looks like the QB from two years ago? Unless JT is very much hurt, and no one is exploring that avenue, I would have to think it is a result of poor play calling. Go back and look at how Herman utilized JT and his running ability to open the intermediate passing game. The RPOs that he used were very similar to what Watson made his living off of at Clemson and were used to abuse Ohio State. Flash forward to this year and there were seldom RPOs used to attack the edge of the defense or read a LB etc. It was pretty much a power running attack with JT and Weber splitting carries, and try to keep defenses honest by throwing it deep. When they couldn't power the ball, the offense became stagnant and relied upon intricate passing routes that took time to run and that wasn't happening.
JT hasn't really regressed. He still chews up on garbage teams like he did 2 years ago. He really only played well against Michigan State 2 years ago. He just hasn't improved literally whatsoever.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-17, 06:55 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
When I think about JT's "regression," I'm not talking on a multi-year scale, I'm talking about this season.

What the heck happened to the JT Barrett who played like this against Oklahoma?

I was at The Game in person, and he looked like nothing like that guy. What the hell happened in between?

Last edited by FormerWildcat; 01-04-17 at 07:08 PM..
Old 01-05-17, 09:27 AM
Varsity

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
JT hasn't really regressed. He still chews up on garbage teams like he did 2 years ago. He really only played well against Michigan State 2 years ago. He just hasn't improved literally whatsoever.
I respectfully disagree, and I am more or less referring to how slow he became as the year progressed. He seemed much less comfortable as the past two seasons progressed and his reads became slower, and more importantly he was unable to create space with his feet. After watching the QB from PSU scramble everywhere and create time to throw the ball, I started to see how much slower JT has become. My personal belief is that he is either playing injured, or that he was hellbent on becoming an NFL QB and was trying to make himself a pocket passer, which he is most certainly not.