Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-16, 01:12 AM
All Ohio

MississippiMud2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
I see what you did there.

Smug, condescending attitude. Refusal to debate. Calling others names in an attempt to stop discussion.

Nice caricature of a typical liberal.

I'm not refusing to debate.

I'm refusing to dignify nonsense.
Old 12-12-16, 05:11 AM
All Ohio

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMud2002 View Post
I'm not refusing to debate.

I'm refusing to dignify nonsense.
By stating it, nonsense that is!!!!!
Old 12-12-16, 08:48 AM
All American

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Donald Trump is a bigot, a racist, and a sexist.
That is why you lost the election.
Old 12-12-16, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
My view of Trump? Sexist? Absolutely. Not sure how anyone can sincerely dispute that.

Bigot/racist? I don't know about that...not in my mind, at least in the way that term is applied in US domestic culture (derogatory beliefs/opinions about American citizens of African, Jewish, Hispanic, Native American origin).

XENOPHOBE? Well, in his public pronouncements, he sure seems to be, though I am open to the idea that the comments about Mexicans and Arabs/Muslims don't represent his true beliefs...that those comments are more in the category of crude, nasty, "turn out the base" electioneering lying (an extreme version of what politicians do...tell the more ignorant/fearful portions of their base what they want to hear in order to get out their vote). Expressing a desire to clean up some immigration issues doesn't necessarily render one a xenophobe. Trump's comments sure make him one, but let's see what he does.

I do agree with lotr10 that when you throw around bigot and racist at people like Romney and Bush (and most white males that you disagree with politically) that the terms lose meaning. I think it's one of the more interesting results of this election...the possible end of the "racist" era, where every white male public official is deathly afraid of someone calling them a racist. Maybe that change can extend into the American newsroom and boardroom. That would be a healthy change.
I expect more from you, for some reason, although I can't say why that I do. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sexist

Give us a break here. He's just a d1ck, that's all.

Trump has a boisterous and inflammatory style. I don't particularly like it; in fact, I've repeatedly referred to him as a blowhard, but I basically understand what he's doing. He makes brash and even outlandish statements to draw the mics in, and then he actually gets to the substance of his position or plan. He takes a calculated risk that a portion of an audience will be so inflamed from the start that they will be unable to rationally consider that substance. The thought must be that he will never win them, so why bother ? As SO-O-O many claimed that he would NEVER get much past 40%, I guess that he sees the tipping points better than most of us do ? I only hope that when he takes office he will temper things on some occasions, but in all honesty, past 'Pubs have been worn down by the subtle opposition from the Left and their sweet soft sell. Maybe he'd do well to keep things stirred up a bit ? He is what he is, but he isn't a sexist, racist, bigot, or xenophobe.

As long as he keeps the fake humans that run the Democrat Party stirred up and buttsore, maybe average people will continue to see them for what they are -

{ edit: Sutherland may as well be shrieking, "SEXIST!!!!", or "RACIST!!!!". As long as the haters out themselves with such partisan mis-characterizations, maybe Trump is getting his way ? He's been a step ahead so far. After all, an outrageous lie outs the liar as such. }

Pre-election polling seemed to demonstrate this dynamic. Pollsters were either unable to identify many Trump supporters, as was true in some cases, or those supporters just laid low because they didn't want the "point and scream" from the pod-people fake humans on the left. They said, "F_ you. You can count me at the polling place!".

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 12-12-16 at 11:34 AM. Reason: {edit:....}
Old 12-12-16, 03:18 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Goldman Sachs president as top economic adviser Drain the swamp!
Old 12-12-16, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Who better to guard the hen house then the Fox!
Old 12-12-16, 07:34 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hopefully Trump can manage to get 200 Electoral Votes.
Old 12-12-16, 07:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Who better to guard the hen house then the Fox!
Wait until he and 'saders see the Exxon CEO as SoS
Old 12-12-16, 07:52 PM
All World

Draining the swamp only to fill it with even worse parasites
Old 12-12-16, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Wait until he and 'saders see the Exxon CEO as SoS
Sooo... ...you guys are celebrating the fact that Trump is doing the exact opposite of what he promised?

Strange.
Old 12-12-16, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Draining the swamp only to fill it with even worse parasites
They will be ours, and not yours!!! Suck it!
Old 12-12-16, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sooo... ...you guys are celebrating the fact that Trump is doing the exact opposite of what he promised?

Strange.
You fools have tried and convicted them before they have even taken office, and yet we can't even get BJay's thick-legged, teflon-coated girlfriend indicted.

Strange.
Old 12-13-16, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

I truly think this is going to be a very very long 4 to 8 years for MississippiMud 2002, and BlueJayFan. Advice for you own good and metal health maybe it would be wise for you to take notice of what bethere did and just shut down for awhile and go get help. I hear therapy does wonders for some people. Maybe it will help you so that thought of suicide keeps way back in your brain and does not creep forward and start sounding like the only solution to your problems. Also I think someone with time on there hands might need to start counting how many times Mississippi repeats his statement of what Trump is. Somehow Mississippi, I believe has become like the old broken vinyl records and is just stuck in one place and can do nothing but keep repeating himself.
Old 12-13-16, 09:03 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I truly think this is going to be a very very long 4 to 8 years for MississippiMud 2002, and BlueJayFan. Advice for you own good and metal health maybe it would be wise for you to take notice of what bethere did and just shut down for awhile and go get help. I hear therapy does wonders for some people. Maybe it will help you so that thought of suicide keeps way back in your brain and does not creep forward and start sounding like the only solution to your problems. Also I think someone with time on there hands might need to start counting how many times Mississippi repeats his statement of what Trump is. Somehow Mississippi, I believe has become like the old broken vinyl records and is just stuck in one place and can do nothing but keep repeating himself.

You can also take your advice and stick it.
Old 12-13-16, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

#MississippiMad
Old 12-13-16, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Old 12-13-16, 10:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie
Old 12-13-16, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

Four to eight is a long time to try and keep from going over the edge and you seem to be telling us you are so close. I truly care about people and I truly care about your mental state. My point is maybe you should seek help and treatment , while I will cheer and celebrate the out come to the latest election.
Old 12-13-16, 11:18 AM
All World

And now he's holding meetings with Kanye, someone who was just placed on a psychiatric hold less than 2 weeks ago
Old 12-13-16, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Strange.
Not at all Mud. The CEO of Exon is a very capable man with extensive & practical real world experience. By picking someone who has actually achieved things of substance Trump is showing that the position of Secretary of State need not go to a political hack such as Hillary Clinton or John Kerry. BTW, what qualifications did Clinton or Kerry have to be in that position?

As for draining the swamp, Exon is not part of the swamp. It is a very impressive, innovative, engineering and scientific colossus responsible for bringing to the world a precious commodity - ENERGY. They have done this in spite of government interference across the world. Companies like Exon/Mobile are not the problem they are part of the solution.
Old 12-13-16, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And now he's holding meetings with Kanye, someone who was just placed on a psychiatric hold less than 2 weeks ago
Evidently Trump knows Kanye and considers him a friend. So you would advise he pretends not to know the man or keep him at arms length so as to keep up appearances? I'm actually impressed that Trump doesn't give a damn about how it looks and will meet with a guy who is on the down & out. Shows me that Trump has character.
Old 12-13-16, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As for draining the swamp, Exon is not part of the swamp. It is a very impressive, innovative, engineering and scientific colossus responsible for bringing to the world a precious commodity - ENERGY. They have done this in spite of government interference across the world. Companies like Exon/Mobile are not the problem they are part of the solution.
You and yours are going to have to get very nimble, twisting, turning, contorting yourselves into pretzels as you defend your prior positions, Trump's campaign promises and positions with what he is now doing. Good luck with that.

I, personally, have no problem with the head of one of America's biggest and most international businesses being named Secretary of State. But let's not pretend that Mr. Exxon has much sympathy or anything in common with all of these upper Midwest voters, former employees of the factories and jobs that moved south, very south (Mexico) or overseas in search of a lower wage. I guarantee you that Mr. Exxon thinks companies should be left to their own devices in an effort to pursue their corporate mandate...PROFIT.

And you, lotr...Exxon accomplished all they have in spite of "government interference". Isn't Trump's involvement with Carrier "government interference"?

This isn't some kind of word game. You can't really have it both ways.
Old 12-13-16, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Good reads. The guy hasn't even been officially elected to office of president yet and everyone is already declaring him a failure. I have an idea...how about lets see what actually happens? We actually don't have any other option anyway. If he is a failure, you guys will let us know I am sure. If he is successful, you guys will still call him a failure I am sure. LOL.
Old 12-13-16, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why is this funny? Did you laugh when Obama met with Kanye?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...e-west-2015301
Old 12-13-16, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Apparently BJF has officially run out of legitimate subjects to cry about.
Old 12-13-16, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
You and yours are going to have to get very nimble, twisting, turning, contorting yourselves into pretzels as you defend your prior positions, Trump's campaign promises and positions with what he is now doing. Good luck with that.

I, personally, have no problem with the head of one of America's biggest and most international businesses being named Secretary of State. But let's not pretend that Mr. Exxon has much sympathy or anything in common with all of these upper Midwest voters, former employees of the factories and jobs that moved south, very south (Mexico) or overseas in search of a lower wage. I guarantee you that Mr. Exxon thinks companies should be left to their own devices in an effort to pursue their corporate mandate...PROFIT.

And you, lotr...Exxon accomplished all they have in spite of "government interference". Isn't Trump's involvement with Carrier "government interference"?

This isn't some kind of word game. You can't really have it both ways.
And your hatred of all things Trump and by extension his voters is forcing you to play a bizzare game of "gotcha". He has proven you wrong at virtually every step of the way so you latch on to anything to try to discredit him while also calling out his voters as fools.

Look, the job of Sec of State was never meant to be a person who has a lot in common with Trump voters in the Midwest. The two are not even remotely related. I think I speak for a lot of Trump voters from all over the country when I say that all we want is for him to pick the best person for the Sec of State job. It is an added bonus that the guy he picked is not a Washington insider or political hack but rather an accomplished business man. This is very consistent with what Trump promised us when he was running for POTUS.

Also I'm not against everything to do with "government". But it's fair to say that a multinational oil company has likely been negatively effected by interfering & overbearing governments all over the world who do nothing to help them extract oil & gas from the ground but sure as hell want a slice of the profits when they roll in.

As for Trump & Carrier, I don't see what he did as "government interference" at all. First, he was trying to live up to a campaign promise he made when holding a rally in Indiana (imagine that). Second using local & state kickbacks to try to keep a company in town is a common practice. My understanding is that in the face of Carrier imminently moving production out of the US Trump took the time to explain to management that he was truly going to simplify regulations and lower their corporate taxes. Exactly like he promised us he would.
Old 12-13-16, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Good reads. The guy hasn't even been officially elected to office of president yet and everyone is already declaring him a failure. I have an idea...how about lets see what actually happens? We actually don't have any other option anyway. If he is a failure, you guys will let us know I am sure. If he is successful, you guys will still call him a failure I am sure. LOL.
Actually it almost feels like Trump is president. I guess that's what proactive leadership looks like. Also, I LOVE his picks for cabinet. They are very consistent with how he promised us his administration would govern.
Old 12-13-16, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Strange.
You mean by seeking appointments for successful business people vs political hacks? He's actually doing pretty good.
Old 12-13-16, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
WWE doesn't exactly inspire confidence. But, everyone deserves their chance. Doesn't work, heat's on him. Does work, he'll not get the credit. Politics.
Old 12-13-16, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Actually it almost feels like Trump is president. I guess that's what proactive leadership looks like. Also, I LOVE his picks for cabinet. They are very consistent with how he promised us his administration would govern.
What is the next/last? "Presidential" thing that we can expect from the First Wingnut ?

A ponderous passel of parting Presidential pardons, perhaps ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: