Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-03-16, 04:56 PM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
Running clock TM ball at 39 after KO
Old 12-03-16, 04:56 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Clock rule!!!

I expected more in Trotwood.

They are nowhere to be seen in this game.
Old 12-03-16, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Running clock
Old 12-03-16, 04:59 PM
All Ohio

1 - overthrown pass defense interference
1 - almost intercepted
2 - 3 run
3 - the tv is showing 2nd down - don't know why TO
:46 3Q
Old 12-03-16, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

Incomplete pass defensive holding
Untimed play since then me expired
Old 12-03-16, 05:02 PM
All Ohio

End of 3rd quarter Hoban 30-0
Trotwood 2&10
Old 12-03-16, 05:05 PM
All Ohio

Hoban intercepts pass in end zone
Old 12-03-16, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

I don't sense Trotwood coming back so I'm leaving the bar and looking forward to the DV game tonight. Maybe a tad early, but congratulations Archbishop Hoban!!!!!
Old 12-03-16, 05:13 PM
All Region

fbrox is on a distinguished road
This kind of game happens when an undisciplined team reaches the finals. We see it nearly every year.great in region because of talent but not at state level.discipline and character are essential to championship teams.
Old 12-03-16, 05:17 PM
Freshman

SmoothPancakes is on a distinguished road
Can they just pretend a play never happened? Trotwood's runner got tackled in the end zone for a safety which should have made it 32-0 Hoban.

But apparently the refs just decided to redo the play because the TV people were still in a timeout and showing commercials when the play was run, so they apparently just to decided to have a do over on the play. Seriously? *Scratches head*

Unless these two guys on the radio call got something wrong when they were trying to decipher what was going on after that play amongst the calls by the ref.
Old 12-03-16, 05:25 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
Can they just pretend a play never happened? Trotwood's runner got tackled in the end zone for a safety which should have made it 32-0 Hoban.
The ball may have never been whistled in play. Kind of like a pitcher throwing a pitch before the ump is ready.

Even if the play had been run, it would have been blown dead for offensive offsides as the snap came after all the linemen had moved.
Old 12-03-16, 05:28 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Just not in the cards, Rams. I'm not watching the game, but it really shocks me that Trotwood is playing undisciplined football. That's not the team I saw all season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-16, 05:44 PM
Freshman

SmoothPancakes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
The ball may have never been whistled in play. Kind of like a pitcher throwing a pitch before the ump is ready.

Even if the play had been run, it would have been blown dead for offensive offsides as the snap came after all the linemen had moved.
Ah, alright, thanks! We were airing the OHSAA Radio feed for the game on the station that I work for, so I was loosely following along with the game and caught the announcers first mentioning the refs signaling a safety after the RB got tackled in the end zone, then after a minute or two, then they said the were just "doing the play over" because TV was still in commercials when the play was ran. They never said anything about there being a penalty on the play.

I was getting extremely confused there for a moment while that all was playing out.
Old 12-03-16, 07:23 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
There should of been a penalty on that play. If you snap the ball before the whistle it is a delay of game.
Old 12-03-16, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
Just not in the cards, Rams. I'm not watching the game, but it really shocks me that Trotwood is playing undisciplined football. That's not the team I saw all season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I think people are overdoing the "undisciplined" explanation for TW's defeat. After watching the game my sense was:

* TM tried to intimidate Hoban with trash talk early and Hoban gave as good as they got. BOTH teams were undisciplined on that first possession and the refs awarded TWO dual PF penalties on both teams to settle them down. Then TM got caught for a 3rd PF and after that things settled down nicely.

* TM gambled everything in the 1st half on the supposition that Hoban couldn't effectively throw the ball and they put their safety in the box to stop Hoban's stud RB. That was a BIG tactical mistake that had nothing to do with poor discipline. In fact it sort of worked with the Hoban RB only breaking one long run. The problem is that the Hoban QB caught fire and the TM corners, who they must have believed could smother the Hoban receivers through sheer athleticism, were burned repeatedly. Result 20 - 0 Hoban halftime lead.

* In watching TM play earlier in the year on TWC I was struck with how BIG their offensive line was. I also noticed that they were slow. Hoban noticed this to and their stunts and delayed blitzes created havoc in the TM backfield.

* TM's loss today had little to do with poor discipline and everything to do with the fact that they ran into a buzz saw of a team in Hoban. Even the numerous holding penalties on TM can be explained by a slower offensive line trying to get a block on a much faster Hoban DL penetrating the TM LOS and blowing up plays.
Old 12-03-16, 07:49 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Hoban

Was the best team I've seen this year and I'm not sure that isn't regardless of division. Too many penalties by Trotwood at inopportune times. Hargrove was still productive bit turnovers and penalties killed the Rams. To the guy from Nardonia who called Trotwood awful. You have to ask yourself the question, is your team playing this weekend?? If that answer is no you should probably shut up. Congrats to Hoban and to Trotwood.
Old 12-04-16, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
This kind of game happens when an undisciplined team reaches the finals. We see it nearly every year.great in region because of talent but not at state level.discipline and character are essential to championship teams.
Uh, yeah those two things and access to the 50,000 kids in the greater Akron area.