Originally Posted by MACNation
Killed what? Minster has faced teams with the same amount of team speed or more as JFK. This is a non-issue. This is a non-issue. What won the game was turnovers, that JFK didn't really cause or were called incorrectly by the referees and defensive adjustments made by JFK after Minster's first two drives. There's no question JFK had a nice team and deserved to win Saturday. But I definitely wouldn't call that dominant. If their team speed was so great, why didn't they rack up more yardage (230 vs 170)? Turnovers gave them short fields several times for some relatively easy scores.
1. Minster scored zero points in the second half. Had zero turn overs.
2. JFK didn't have to move the offense past toss sweep left and toss sweep right because Minster had no answer for that.
3. The speed was never needed or used offensively because they controlled the LOS and controlled the TOP.
4. Bayuk uses a simple formula...ball control, time of possession, field position and power football. It seems to have worked.
5. TOP was nearly 2:1 Its tough to win when you don't have the football
6. You're ignoring the kicking game, that's what got JFK the short field in the second half after a couple of three and outs. No need for a 91 yard drive when you start at mid field after a 3 and out when starting deep in your own territory.
7. Ask your coach how fast #11 was on defense. To paraphrase...he was in the A gap, the B gap, the edge...he was everywhere.