Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-08-16, 10:39 PM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
I haven't read one scout to make that statement. I followed FNL closely and don't remember any mention of him.
Love the way you think you know everything
Old 12-08-16, 10:52 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
Love the way you think you know everything
Why so salty? I didn't say I knew anything. I said I followed FNL closely and didn't hear about your boy. That doesn't mean what you're saying is BS (i think it is) but for someone who "might be the most explosive athlete at the camp." What I'm saying to you is there were a ton of athletes there on par with Bowden. These are the elite of the country....if an Ohio kid would have shown out that much it would have been news. My understanding is he has character issues. With the current state of Ohio St recruiting there is no need to take a chance when you have access to similar athletes without the baggage.
Old 12-08-16, 11:08 PM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
Why so salty? I didn't say I knew anything. I said I followed FNL closely and didn't hear about your boy. That doesn't mean what you're saying is BS (i think it is) but for someone who "might be the most explosive athlete at the camp." What I'm saying to you is there were a ton of athletes there on par with Bowden. These are the elite of the country....if an Ohio kid would have shown out that much it would have been news. My understanding is he has character issues. With the current state of Ohio St recruiting there is no need to take a chance when you have access to similar athletes without the baggage.
You are the one that is salty. Ever since I said that I don't care for your beloved Buckeyes you have become a little defensive.
Old 12-08-16, 11:14 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are the one that is salty. Ever since I said that I don't care for your beloved Buckeyes you have become a little defensive.
Like I give 2 craps if you like the Buckeyes. You're salty because they didn't offer Bowden, period. They don't need him.
Old 12-09-16, 12:38 AM
All Region

1jeffcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again you don't know what you are talking about. First of all, I could care less if they offer Bowden, because I don't like Ohio St. anyway.Second, Bowden does not need them either. His mailbox is full with other offers.
I'm glad to hear that you could
Old 12-09-16, 12:43 AM
All World

warren west
In the end it matters little what big school offers anybody it comes down to playing at the next level after college. Looks like guys like Big Ben and Antonio Brown and many other MAC players made it big in the pros.
Old 12-09-16, 03:36 AM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren west View Post
In the end it matters little what big school offers anybody it comes down to playing at the next level after college. Looks like guys like Big Ben and Antonio Brown and many other MAC players made it big in the pros.
Eric Fisher of Central Michigan was drafted #1 overall in 2013 by the Chiefs. The ones who are all concerned about the "big boy" schools offering are the same ones who will believe anything the money-hungry media shoves down their throats.
Old 12-09-16, 09:21 AM
All District

raiderforlife is on a distinguished road
There was video from that camp. Show them Worm
Old 12-09-16, 09:33 AM
All Ohio

Joe Bernastat
Quote:
You are so wrong. I could care less about Ohio St. Get it through your freaking head
Could you?
Old 12-09-16, 02:25 PM
All American

hoophi55
THe young man that won Mr Football is going to Toledo U.
Old 12-11-16, 11:47 AM
Freshman

G.O.D is on a distinguished road
Worm please post some footage of Lynn B 1 on 1 at the OSU Camp? He was the best athlete on campus that day. I was down there for the camp that day. He played a lil Wr and DB. He ran by some top recruits and defended well. Idk if OSU is not offering because of character issues,but if anyone thinks its because of lack of talent or he cant play there then they really dont know much about football.
Old 12-11-16, 12:15 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
i guess all the elite programs have a losing bowl record
Damn, well I guess elite programs don't have 8 National titles, 7 Heisman Trophies, 37 conference titles, 81 All Americans, a .724 winning percentage oh and I forgot, the only two time heisman trophy winner Archie Griffin.
Old 12-11-16, 12:28 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
Damn, well I guess elite programs don't have 8 National titles, 7 Heisman Trophies, 37 conference titles, 81 All Americans, a .724 winning percentage oh and I forgot, the only two time heisman trophy winner Archie Griffin.
Quit trying to argue with these idiots. You can't win.
Old 12-11-16, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post

Well, living on past laurels and all that.

Re: "character issues"

the razor's edge of that, some people just would never get to elite athlete levels without those character issues, those overblown egos that dominate basic morality. One hopes that they get knocked into perspective before it harms the person or someone else, in a way that doesn't cost the individual something dear.

If the kid does have character issues, it's not too late but correcting those usually require tough decisions about cutting loyalties to the "yes-man" crowd and those living off the aura. If he doesn't, some very unfair insinuations. From the outside, as person as young as this all you can do is hope them the best and by that, I mean character over athletic success.
Old 12-17-16, 05:41 PM
Junior Varsity

WGH MAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WGH MAN Send a message via MSN to WGH MAN
I saw a man who coached Lynn Bowden for his Jr. year at WGH as his backfield coach and asked him about this so called attitude problem I've been reading. This coach, who has coached for over 45 yrs, said he never had a problem like that with Lynn. He described Lynn as a good QB prospect who was a great leader on the field who the other players looked up too.
Someone who had a calming affect on his teammates when things were getting tough and they needed points, Lynn would gather them around prior to going onto the field for the next set of plays and tell the team that they were going to march right down the field and score with no problem and the kids bought into it.
He said Lynn was a player who would be walking the sidelines whistling to stay loose and the other players would feel the same way when the game was tight. He practiced hard and always wanted perfection in everything he did.
He liked to share the glory which was evident to anyone who ever heard Lynn talk to reporters after games. Lynn was a born leader and this coach had no problem recommending him.
He said all this BS about a head case was just that, BS people trying to hurt Lynn.
I believe this coach over all these post.

Last edited by WGH MAN; 12-18-16 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-17-16, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Sometimes, players just aren't a good fit for certain programs or a kid doesn't make a connection with his recruiter and/or position coach.

I'm not a fan of a kid's "character" being assessed from miles away based on rumor and innuendo spouted by adult men who've never even seen or talked to the kid.
Old 12-17-16, 06:12 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Sometimes, players just aren't a good fit for certain programs or a kid doesn't make a connection with his recruiter and/or position coach.

I'm not a fan of a kid's "character" being assessed from miles away based on rumor and innuendo spouted by adult men who've never even seen or talked to the kid.
Spotr on. Great post.
Old 01-04-17, 11:38 AM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Well there are a lot of idiotic posts and posters on here. Congratulations. You are now head and shoulders above the rest of them. And I guess you know more than the Bowl Committee who also think OSU is pretty "elite". What a goof.
OSU looked pretty elite against Clemson. i bet the committee is rethinking that decision.
Old 01-04-17, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OSU looked pretty elite against Clemson. i bet the committee is rethinking that decision.
college football is a joke

a sport determined by a committee voting for who wins

sound familiar?

and yet people watch
Old 01-05-17, 09:40 AM
All District

gyea36 is on a distinguished road
Does Ohio State hiring Kevin Wilson from Indiana have any impact on Mr. Bowden getting an offer from the Buckeyes?
Old 01-05-17, 10:02 AM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyea36 View Post
Does Ohio State hiring Kevin Wilson from Indiana have any impact on Mr. Bowden getting an offer from the Buckeyes?
Yes, a big impact.
Old 01-05-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
wghfan is correct. There's still a chance Bowden ends up a buckeye.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...den-ohio-state
Old 01-05-17, 04:30 PM
All Ohio

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Good luck finding a scholarship. A few of the guys we thought would go pro, have either decided not to, or have yet to decide. Numbers were already tight. Also, Wilson was not recruiting the same kids to IN, that he can get at OSU, so I don't really know how much it means that he may have recruited this kid.
Old 01-05-17, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Really? who should have gone, if not Ohio State? PSU? who UM trounced? LOL.
Old 01-05-17, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Good luck finding a scholarship. A few of the guys we thought would go pro, have either decided not to, or have yet to decide. Numbers were already tight. Also, Wilson was not recruiting the same kids to IN, that he can get at OSU, so I don't really know how much it means that he may have recruited this kid.

OSU had at least one committ back out in December for sure and I thought another. So, maybe two opened up but I'm 100% that one spot opened up.
Old 01-05-17, 06:11 PM
All Yappi

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Seaso...ball/Decommits

I might be thinking of Jake Moretti, not sure. However, there's no reason this guy would write an article within the last 24 or so hours saying OSU has two spots open if they didn't. It's on Eleven Warriors and also on Scout.com.
Old 01-05-17, 06:40 PM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I only saw him in person one game. And that was vs. Hudson. He is an amazing athlete and extremely dangerous everytime the ball is in his hands, especially as a runner. But I will say in that particular game, after the big run early, Hudson did a pretty darn good job against him as a runner and his athleticism.
Old 01-06-17, 11:49 AM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
probably no team from the B1G
Old 01-06-17, 04:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Seaso...ball/Decommits

I might be thinking of Jake Moretti, not sure. However, there's no reason this guy would write an article within the last 24 or so hours saying OSU has two spots open if they didn't. It's on Eleven Warriors and also on Scout.com.
This guy doesn't see any open spots, it will be struggle just to get all of the current commits into the fold.

http://theozone.net/Ohio-State/Footb...cruiting-Class
Old 01-06-17, 05:39 PM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The answer to that question is a common sense no-brainer answer. Penn St. earned the spot in the final 4. They won the Big 10 division with Ohio State and Michigan in that same division. They beat Ohio State head to head - on the field. Then they went on and WON the BIG 10 Championship. They earned it. Period. And for the record, I am not a PSU fan. But this was case closed, and PSU still got screwed.