Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-16, 01:25 PM
Freshman

G.O.D is on a distinguished road
The thing with Lynn is you can play him at multiple positions and he will still be an impact player. You can put him at tailback and add 20lbs on him and he will be a stud. He would be an elite WR on any team he plays for. He could be a lockdown corner and a ball hawking safety. I have seen both players and to me Lynn is better and if he stays healthy will have a better college career.
Old 12-06-16, 01:30 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Would hate to see him waste his talent at Michigan State/bottom feeder Kentucky. But he wants to play early so go for it. It is very curious as to why Ohio state hasn't offered. He was there over the summer. They know something we don't.

He will be a good player in college provided he stays healthy
Old 12-06-16, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Would hate to see him waste his talent at Michigan State/bottom feeder Kentucky. But he wants to play early so go for it. It is very curious as to why Ohio state hasn't offered. He was there over the summer. They know something we don't.

He will be a good player in college provided he stays healthy
you are right they do, the same reason Pitt didnt offer
Old 12-06-16, 09:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
Ohio St. is nothing that special anyway as far as I am concerned
thats pretty much the opinion of the football world outside ohio. but for those wearing the buckeyes glasses they are convinced that OSU is a elite program.
Old 12-06-16, 10:17 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
thats pretty much the opinion of the football world outside ohio. but for those wearing the buckeyes glasses they are convinced that OSU is a elite program.
Well there are a lot of idiotic posts and posters on here. Congratulations. You are now head and shoulders above the rest of them. And I guess you know more than the Bowl Committee who also think OSU is pretty "elite". What a goof.
Old 12-06-16, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What is so bad about admitting that you do not like Ohio St.? Sorry I just don't think they are the gods of college football, like a lot of other people think around here.
the words you used do not mean what you apparently think they mean. But it's clear now so...
Old 12-06-16, 11:04 PM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
the words you used do not mean what you apparently think they mean. But it's clear now so...
Well I am glad I cleared that up for you.
Old 12-06-16, 11:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Well there are a lot of idiotic posts and posters on here. Congratulations. You are now head and shoulders above the rest of them. And I guess you know more than the Bowl Committee who also think OSU is pretty "elite". What a goof.
the committee thought MSU was pretty elite last year as i recall. thanks for playing
Old 12-07-16, 12:45 AM
All District

RedEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is well-known that I am IN NO WAY a Buckeyes fan, and will take shots anytime and any way I can.

Having said that, if you do not believe OSU is an elite program, your football knowledge is one step below non-existent.

Care to name a Top 10 list of programs which have been more elite than OSU over the past decade or so?

This should be entertainment at its finest.
Old 12-07-16, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
My 2 cents on where he goes.....

Does he want to play pretty quickly, say 3-4 years and have the freedom he did in high school? Then I say he goes to a mid sized team in a big conference.... like say Indiana. I could see him having a Randle El sort of career for the Hoosiers

OR

Does he want to shoot for the stars and go to a place like Michigan, Michigan State or Tennessee. At a lace like that you might have to sit and wait your turn, but also one great year at a school like that and your name could be on mel kiper's tongue.

Myself, I'd love to see him at a school like Wisconsin. They usually have a pretty bland offense but a guy like Bowden could show up there and go wild with that big line and power running game they usually have. The Badgers only other dynamic QB they've ever had was Russell Wilson and he did 'ok' there.
Old 12-07-16, 10:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
It is well-known that I am IN NO WAY a Buckeyes fan, and will take shots anytime and any way I can.

Having said that, if you do not believe OSU is an elite program, your football knowledge is one step below non-existent.

Care to name a Top 10 list of programs which have been more elite than OSU over the past decade or so?

This should be entertainment at its finest.
i noticed how all the elite programs finish third in their conference in back to back seasons
Old 12-07-16, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.D View Post
The thing with Lynn is you can play him at multiple positions and he will still be an impact player. You can put him at tailback and add 20lbs on him and he will be a stud. He would be an elite WR on any team he plays for. He could be a lockdown corner and a ball hawking safety. I have seen both players and to me Lynn is better and if he stays healthy will have a better college career.
Agreed..which is why I have said all year long he should of been playing defense! Lynn has an unreal amount of talent...excited to see how it plays out for him!
Old 12-07-16, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestdumbguy01 View Post
Agreed..which is why I have said all year long he should of been playing defense! Lynn has an unreal amount of talent...excited to see how it plays out for him!
I'll admit it was bizarre he wasn't playing D.
Old 12-07-16, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
I got a feeling he played very little D to keep him fresh on O

Did MO Clarett play D? How about Boom? I remember Manningham having that big pick 6 against Glenville, but did he play consistent on D? I think WGH believea it has the depth to not have the big stars play both ways to keep themselves fresh.

On the subject of OSU, who would you put over them as far as elite? Bama and..........? Who? 2-2 in championship games in the 21st century. Multiple BCS bowl bids, top 5 recruiter and draft picks. Post season victories over the likes of Notre Dame, Oregon, Alabama & Big 12 champ Kansas State. Heisman trophy winner. But yeah, they're NOT elite
Old 12-07-16, 03:30 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
the committee thought MSU was pretty elite last year as i recall. thanks for playing
They also thought OSU was in 2014 also there Einstein. How did that one work out? God you're a goof.
Old 12-07-16, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I got a feeling he played very little D to keep him fresh on O

Did MO Clarett play D? How about Boom? I remember Manningham having that big pick 6 against Glenville, but did he play consistent on D? I think WGH believea it has the depth to not have the big stars play both ways to keep themselves fresh.

On the subject of OSU, who would you put over them as far as elite? Bama and..........? Who? 2-2 in championship games in the 21st century. Multiple BCS bowl bids, top 5 recruiter and draft picks. Post season victories over the likes of Notre Dame, Oregon, Alabama & Big 12 champ Kansas State. Heisman trophy winner. But yeah, they're NOT elite
I think those teams had much better defenses.

Against good teams the Raiders had a tough time slowing teams down.

Now I know they shut out Heights who was good, but Seawood didn't play in that game.
Old 12-07-16, 06:24 PM
All District

RedEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i noticed how all the elite programs finish third in their conference in back to back seasons
Awaiting your top 10 list......
Old 12-07-16, 07:56 PM
All Ohio

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
MSU got thrashed in the playoffs, that really isn't what happens to an elite team. Unless of course Alabama is something above elite.
Old 12-08-16, 05:37 AM
All District

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
This manchild is the best high school player I've ever seen.Don't know if it's true but I've heard he's a trouble maker and has an ego problem.Maybe Ohio State doesn't want to risk a scholarship ???? Like I said ,he's an amazing player,a game changer.Love to see him in Columbus.
Old 12-08-16, 09:28 AM
All Region

1jeffcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
Is there a handle on Josh Meyers' sack or are you just hanging on to the curlies when you swing?
No. I just base my evaluation off of how good the player is.....and myers is significantly better than both.
Old 12-08-16, 09:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Just curious, what WGH games have you seen?
Chardon game

I seen bits and pieces of other games and plenty of highlight films. Impressive player, but not "Mr. Football" impressive....not this year at least.
Old 12-08-16, 10:15 AM
All District

hopin to cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post
Chardon game

I seen bits and pieces of other games and plenty of highlight films. Impressive player, but not "Mr. Football" impressive....not this year at least.

Saw him 5 times this year and he is a talented kid... his statistics for both rushing and passing made him the leading candidate in my mind. He played on what I saw was a mediocre team at best and probably accounted for half there wins or more. Head case, trouble maker or not he should have been Mr. Ohio... was Warren being shunned because of the past few years trouble in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-16, 11:54 AM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
Chardon game

If your were not impressed with him in the Chardon game, I don't know what to tell you. You have a right to your opinion, but when one player has 500 yards of total offense, I feel that impressive enough for a Mr. Football award. BTW I am using just this one game, because that is the only one you saw live.
Old 12-08-16, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
They also thought OSU was in 2014 also there Einstein. How did that one work out? God you're a goof.
i guess all the elite programs have a losing bowl record
Old 12-08-16, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Stop responding to him. GoldenTornado is trolling you guys. Nobody is that dumb.
Old 12-08-16, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No. I just base my evaluation off of how good the player is.....and myers is significantly better than both.

I think you might wanna put on a helmet so you don't get hurt. You're doing some pretty hard jock swinging.
Old 12-08-16, 09:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
I think you might wanna put on a helmet so you don't get hurt. You're doing some pretty hard jock swinging.
You can cry all you want. Clearly, OSU agrees with me as well, so all you have is your opinion.
Old 12-08-16, 09:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
If your were not impressed with him in the Chardon game, I don't know what to tell you. You have a right to your opinion, but when one player has 500 yards of total offense, I feel that impressive enough for a Mr. Football award. BTW I am using just this one game, because that is the only one you saw live.
I'm impressed with some of the athletic ability but that's about it. Players like him are a dime a dozen nationally. Are you under the impression that he shows up to these camps and lights the world on fire?...because he's not. Brendan White got put in at QB and he is not a QB and he can run around all day and then go run for 50 yard gain. I'm not about to suggest he should go be a finalist for Mr. Ohio now. I'm not trying to be biased, nor do I dislike Bowden, but I call it like I see it. I wish the young man the best regardless of where he goes, as he has earned the scholarship, and if he continues to work, he should be a productive player in college as well.
Old 12-08-16, 10:30 PM
All American

wghfan
Quote:
I'm impressed with some of the athletic ability but that's about it. Players like him are a dime a dozen nationally. Are you under the impression that he shows up to these camps and lights the world on fire?...because he's not. Brendan White got put in at QB and he is not a QB and he can run around all day and then go run for 50 yard gain. I'm not about to suggest he should go be a finalist for Mr. Ohio now. I'm not trying to be biased, nor do I dislike Bowden, but I call it like I see it. I wish the young man the best regardless of where he goes, as he has earned the scholarship, and if he continues to work, he should be a productive player in college as well.
Speaking of camps, he was invited to the Friday Night Lights Camp at Ohio St. Scouts, and coaches said that Bowden might have been the most explosive athlete at the camp. He was blowing by DB's, and catching the balls.
Old 12-08-16, 10:37 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speaking of camps, he was invited to the Friday Night Lights Camp at Ohio St. Scouts, and coaches said that Bowden might have been the most explosive athlete at the camp. He was blowing by DB's, and catching the balls.
I haven't read one scout to make that statement. I followed FNL closely and don't remember any mention of him.