Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > The Hangout

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-26-16, 04:09 PM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
I don't see how they could possibly beat Alabama.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-16, 04:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
I don't see how they could possibly beat Alabama.
Agreed. But I would rather they get the chance in case a miracle happens.
Old 11-26-16, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
That was fun.
Old 11-26-16, 04:12 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Agreed. But I would rather they get the chance in case a miracle happens.
Yeah as long as it's not an embarrassment on a national stage.
Old 11-26-16, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
What a bunch of BS. Every OSU fan knows that OSU did not really win that game. Obvious pass interference not called on UM's 2nd OT drive and then OSU gets stopped on downs that ended the game but yet they only need to get 9 1/2. Blatant.

Frankly, no way should OSU make the playoffs if Washington, Clemson, and Penn State win.
Old 11-26-16, 04:17 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Yeah as long as it's not an embarrassment on a national stage.
The one good thing is that they will have a month to prepare if they get there. Some of these problems are fixable. The right tackle is really an issue. Also, we noticed Barrett messing with his thumb a few times during the game. If that is injured, it would explain the passing woes. With the time off, maybe it heals a little and he could go back to how he passed his freshmen season.
Old 11-26-16, 04:18 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
OSU gets stopped on downs that ended the game but yet they only need to get 9 1/2. Blatant.
I thought he clearly got to the line during the live play and saw nothing during any of the replays that would change my mind. He just had to touch it with his forward momentum. I thought it was a good spot and was never really worried during the review.
Old 11-26-16, 04:20 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
O h n o bo
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I believe he's regressed. Still wondering if he is injured in some way throughout the season. His inaccuracy is unexplainable this whole season.
I've wondered if he hurt a shoulder or elbow, since he runs so much. Or if something feels wrong in the repaired knee when he plants to throw. Or if he worked his upper body too much when that knee was down, and lost some touch.

Or if the better older receivers just covered the inaccuracy with talent.

Do you start giving Burrow practice reps ? No way this cuts it against 'Bama. No way.
All Yappi

Quote:
I thought he clearly got to the line during the live play and saw nothing during any of the replays that would change my mind. He just had to touch it with his forward momentum. I thought it was a good spot and was never really worried during the review.
you are right, it was a "good" spot but every time I saw it he was 1/2 yard short. His helmet may have hit the 15 yard line but the ball definitely did not.
Old 11-26-16, 04:23 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
you are right, it was a "good" spot but every time I saw it he was 1/2 yard short. His helmet may have hit the 15 yard line but the ball definitely did not.
It's too bad that they didn't have a camera on the line to show a clear view. At best, we are all guessing at the spot. The only person that had a good angle was the man on the line of scrimmage and he thought the ball reached the white line at the 15.
Old 11-26-16, 04:27 PM
Go Buckeyes

What is weird right now is that I don't know whether to root for or against Penn State. With a win, there could be two Big Ten teams in the playoffs or Ohio State could potentially be knocked out...but I doubt both as I think Ohio State will be the lone representative from the Big Ten in that scenario.

If Penn State loses, that means Ohio State would play in the Big Ten championship game and that would be another very tough game to win. With a win, they would be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. With a loss, they would almost for sure be out barring a bunch of other upsets.
Old 11-26-16, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
It would be hard to keep the Bucks out after today, no matter what. A lot of quality wins.

A Washington loss in PAC 12 title game would make things easier, though.
Old 11-26-16, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What a bunch of BS. Every OSU fan knows that OSU did not really win that game. Obvious pass interference not called on UM's 2nd OT drive and then OSU gets stopped on downs that ended the game but yet they only need to get 9 1/2. Blatant.

Frankly, no way should OSU make the playoffs if Washington, Clemson, and Penn State win.
whack post, vamps

Did every PI on UM get called ? Hell no. Clear 1st down if you know the rules and have two eyes.

You might consider sticking with numbers and gore.......just sayin'....
Old 11-26-16, 04:34 PM
Cooling Off

And it never makes it to over time if the kicker makes just one of those missed fg's.
Old 11-26-16, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What is weird right now is that I don't know whether to root for or against Penn State. With a win, there could be two Big Ten teams in the playoffs or Ohio State could potentially be knocked out...but I doubt both as I think Ohio State will be the lone representative from the Big Ten in that scenario.

If Penn State loses, that means Ohio State would play in the Big Ten championship game and that would be another very tough game to win. With a win, they would be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. With a loss, they would almost for sure be out barring a bunch of other upsets.
Not a Wiscy fan, but the best thing for the sport might just be a Sparty win and the winner of a B1G championship getting 1 berth from the B1G.
Old 11-26-16, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
whack post, vamps

Did every PI on UM get called ? Hell no. Clear 1st down if you know the rules and have two eyes.

You might consider sticking with numbers and gore.......just sayin'....
I do know the rules. The ball never at any point reached the 15. Deep inside you know this too!!!!!
Old 11-26-16, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And it never makes it to over time if the kicker makes just one of those missed fg's.
well, that's it, right ?

happy for that kid he isn't wearing goat horns, but those doinks are going to get a lot of play at NFL draft time. He's a senior.
Old 11-26-16, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I do know the rules. The ball never at any point reached the 15. Deep inside you know this too!!!!!
It obviously did. Consider the perspective from behind left, and the position of the man that he hit. The official had a perpendicular sight line. He made it.
Old 11-26-16, 04:43 PM
Go Buckeyes

Isn't he a soccer player that just started playing football this year after transferring to Ohio State? Can't imagine that he's ever been in environment like this before playing football.
Old 11-26-16, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It obviously did. Consider the perspective from behind left, and the position of the man that he hit. The official had a perpendicular sight line. He made it.
The official looked down at the 15 and placed the ball there. Instant replay showed he was short. Do you really believe they were going to overturn it ending the game? Of course not. Instant replay should be done at a control center taking the pressure off of the officials at the game.
Old 11-26-16, 04:53 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
The official looked down at the 15 and placed the ball there. Instant replay showed he was short. Do you really believe they were going to overturn it ending the game? Of course not. Instant replay should be done at a control center taking the pressure off of the officials at the game.
I still stand by my first impression that he made the first down. In fact, if they had marked him short, I would likely be on here complaining right now because I believe he clearly got to the 15. The Buckeye blocker he ran in to was mostly beyond the 15, so when he ran into his back, it had to be on the line.
Old 11-26-16, 04:57 PM
Go Buckeyes

Here's a video of it. Remember, the ball is in his right hand up by his helmet:

I think it's pretty clear that his helmet got across the 15, so it makes sense the ball did too.
Old 11-26-16, 04:58 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
After watching a few different angles, looked to be short
Old 11-26-16, 05:07 PM
Go Buckeyes

This is the picture that I think shows he got it. The ball is up by the top of his helmet. If the helmet is touching the line, the ball is touching the line.

No matter which way you argue this call, it was VERY close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4thdown.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1380  
Old 11-26-16, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
The PI call is worth bitching about.

The idea that JT didn't get the first down is just stupid. He obviously reached the 15.
Old 11-26-16, 09:08 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
https://twitter.com/OhioStFootball/s...173412353?s=09
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161126_210906.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1381  
Old 11-26-16, 11:40 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
At the time, I thought it was an accurate spot. Now, it's apparent the Bucks got short-changed by a foot or so.

I have never known the yellow line to be inaccurate such that the actual first down line was on one side or the other of the yellow line - that is, not touching on either side or within the broad line. The fifteen yard line is adjacent to the yellow first down line.

While there may be disagreement whether he made it to the fifteen yard line (forward progress), there can be no doubt at all the yellow line was made - front to back.

Again, not only was the yellow line crossed, but so was the fifteen yard line. Good spot for the Wolverines, bad spot for the Buckeyes!

Another game for the ages. I know many may not agree with me, but I am glad to see MU and PSU back.
Old 11-27-16, 01:05 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
At the time, I thought it was an accurate spot. Now, it's apparent the Bucks got short-changed by a foot or so.

I have never known the yellow line to be inaccurate such that the actual first down line was on one side or the other of the yellow line - that is, not touching on either side or within the broad line. The fifteen yard line is adjacent to the yellow first down line.

While there may be disagreement whether he made it to the fifteen yard line (forward progress), there can be no doubt at all the yellow line was made - front to back.

Again, not only was the yellow line crossed, but so was the fifteen yard line. Good spot for the Wolverines, bad spot for the Buckeyes!

Another game for the ages. I know many may not agree with me, but I am glad to see MU and PSU back.
The line is added in 'post', rather than actually following the yard markers. The problem is they can't display the yellow line directly on top of the white line (I watched something back when they first started doing the yellow line technology). Once the sensor tells the cameras where it 'should' be, the control truck superimposes it on based on where the operator feels it is best visible. Sometimes not displaying it. Sometimes adjusting it up or down if hashmarks, etc, are in the way.

As for this play, the drive started at the 25. They needed the 15. The white line was all they needed. You don't even need chains to measure it. Either it's spotted above or beyond the line, or it's short. One of the easiest measurement calls to make for an official. There is no movement of the ball from that point.
Old 11-27-16, 07:14 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
EXACTLY...BAM!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: