Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-20-16, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Dear Mark May...

It's not Urban Meyer's fault. It wasn't Jim Tressel's fault. In fact, it's no one's fault that is currently involved with the Ohio State football program that the Buckeyes, from 1993 to 1996, absolutely curb-stomped your alma mater, Pittsburgh, by a combined score of 216 - 45. including a 72-0 beat down in the final year of the series, 1996.

However, you have obviously harbored that ill will toward the university for all that time. How else do you explain the constant selections against Ohio State at every opportunity? Why do you diminish any real accomplishment by the football program by multiplying by 10 any achievement you perceive by any other Big Ten team or other OSU opponents by comparison?

I must say, though, that it is genuine comic relief watching you froth over Ohio State suddenly vaulting into the top two of the playoff rankings. Your petulance and near foot-stomping when anyone disagrees with you and touts Ohio State is truly hilarious. Apparently, no one at ESPN cares much since they climbed into bed with the SEC, and I admit, I am an ardent Ohio State supporter, but your thorough lack of objectivity toward Ohio State is the mark of a fool, because your position is based not on fact, but on the folly of something that happened two decades ago. Give it up, for God's sake.

I don't know if Ohio State will make the playoffs. Michigan could spoil it this Saturday, but right now they are in because they played themselves in. By the way, I don't hear you stomping around because Michigan LOST and stayed in the top four, but you are apoplectic because OSU WON on the road by one point and you want them out of the top four. This is driving you to near distraction.

Good. I hope your misery continues. You have fallen into the same league as the person who made his stock in trade over his hatred of LeBron James, Skip Bayless. And you know how that turned out, right? Let's hope it's a trend that continues and that the strait-jacket Ohio State put you in two years ago still fits.

Last edited by bedevil; 11-20-16 at 09:08 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-16, 07:05 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Heard Mark May reference this post on Twitter, good job bedevil!
Old 11-21-16, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Old 11-21-16, 09:22 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
What's even more amusing is the Ohio State fan base who gets so upset over a guy who is paid to voice his opinions, some correct, some incorrect.

Big Ten fans, certainly not lumping all together, but many have this over reaching view of the league that does not make any sense to me. Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin are good teams this year. IMO the Buckeyes are the best and I really think they win this Saturday. But to have these three in the top 5 just really shows the problems with the ranking system. The Buckeyes lost to an unranked (at the time) Penn State team and only dropped a few spots. So when the teams in front of them lose (while they beat up on Rutgers and Maryland) they of course slide up into the top 4.

As I always say to anyone that will listen, any of these three would have 3-4 losses this year if they were in the SEC. It's just plain and simple as that. Heck, they may have 3-4 losses if in the Pac 12. In the big ten, no one ever says how bad Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois and Rutgers. Throw in Indiana and Iowa, who are decent but not any more than mid level programs, and Michigan State's free fall this year, and it's cupcake city for the Big ten powers.
Old 11-21-16, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

Red misses the whole "revenge agenda" thing.

Old 11-21-16, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road

Old 11-21-16, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
.....Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin are good teams this year. .....

As I always say to anyone that will listen, any of these three would have 3-4 losses this year if they were in the SEC. It's just plain and simple as that. Heck, they may have 3-4 losses if in the Pac 12. ......

they point and laugh, right ?
Old 11-21-16, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post

tweet that bottom one at him yet ?
Old 11-21-16, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
But to have these three in the top 5 just really shows the problems with the ranking system. The Buckeyes lost to an unranked (at the time) Penn State team and only dropped a few spots. So when the teams in front of them lose (while they beat up on Rutgers and Maryland) they of course slide up into the top 4.

As I always say to anyone that will listen, any of these three would have 3-4 losses this year if they were in the SEC. It's just plain and simple as that. Heck, they may have 3-4 losses if in the Pac 12. In the big ten, no one ever says how bad Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois and Rutgers. Throw in Indiana and Iowa, who are decent but not any more than mid level programs, and Michigan State's free fall this year, and it's cupcake city for the Big ten powers.
By nearly every measure that exists (Computers, Old BCS, Harbins, AP, Coaches, Committee, Vegas) Ohio State and Michigan are in the top 4 ... perhaps we could start a 14Red Poll, and maybe the CFP rankings will take that into consideration?
Old 11-21-16, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
May is a miracle. He contains more salt than the entire Black Sea.
Old 11-21-16, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
As I always say to anyone that will listen, any of these three would have 3-4 losses this year if they were in the SEC.
Lol
Old 11-21-16, 03:36 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I think you are looking at the old SEC making that statement. This year, it's Alabama and everyone else.

On the flipside, I think it would have been interesting to see Alabama play in the Big Ten this year. I doubt very much they would have gone undefeated like they are going to in the SEC. They would have certainly struggled in the bad weather that has risen these last couple of weeks. It's one of the advantages of playing in a Southern Conference, they can recruit for one type of game and never have to worry about having to alter their style due to the weather.

As to Mark May, it must really hurt his ego that he tries to portray himself as an intellectual while allowing the most emotional issue in his life to make him look so unintelligent. He's virtually an SNL parody skit of an ESPN analyst .
Old 11-21-16, 06:59 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Just another ugly MUG I won't watch,let alone listen to him...BAM!:
Old 11-21-16, 11:43 PM
All District

MassillonMatt
Joey Galloway is not much better than Mark May!!
Old 11-22-16, 12:24 PM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
How else do you explain the constant selections against Ohio State at every opportunity?
He picked Ohio State over Penn State.
I'm happy every time he picks against tOSU.

He was a very good player at Pitt.
He was a good player for the "hogs" at Washington.
He is good at being a poop-stirrer.
He is NOT good with his predictions.
Old 11-22-16, 06:05 PM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
Both Galloway and May are good. They both have some very good insights. I just hate May because he rips the Buckeyes. It was awesome to see his face when YSU beat them handily. If you look at the OTCS of the Big Ten, you will see that they won most of the big games. Wisky beat LSU, UM beat Colorado, tOSU beat Oklahoma in Norman, Nebraska beat Oregon, Northwestern beat Duke, MSU beat ND. Iowa beat Iowa State, Minnesota beat Oregon State. The BIG has proven itself this year, and I think any of the top three UM, tOSU, UW) could and will beat Alabama if given the chance.
Old 11-23-16, 12:11 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
It amazes me each fall when OSU fans complain about Mark May. The guy is paid to draw attention to ESPN. Picking against OSU does just that. Nobody would watch if everyone picked the same school each week. They need to create a villain because people will tune in to watch it. If they can get a whole fan base to tune in and see a person be wrong then ESPN's laughing all the way to the bank. Most on air personalities are characters. There may not be a word for word script but they're force fed stats to argue whatever side their channel decides. Then the company laughs as you tune in to disagree
Old 11-23-16, 07:50 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Both Galloway and May are good. They both have some very good insights. I just hate May because he rips the Buckeyes. It was awesome to see his face when YSU beat them handily. If you look at the OTCS of the Big Ten, you will see that they won most of the big games. Wisky beat LSU, UM beat Colorado, tOSU beat Oklahoma in Norman, Nebraska beat Oregon, Northwestern beat Duke, MSU beat ND. Iowa beat Iowa State, Minnesota beat Oregon State. The BIG has proven itself this year, and I think any of the top three UM, tOSU, UW) could and will beat Alabama if given the chance.
Yeah but 14Red said Purdue, Minnesota and Rutgers suck and thus the Big10 sucks so what's your rebuttal to that?
Old 11-23-16, 07:53 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
It amazes me each fall when OSU fans complain about Mark May. The guy is paid to draw attention to ESPN. Picking against OSU does just that. Nobody would watch if everyone picked the same school each week. They need to create a villain because people will tune in to watch it. If they can get a whole fan base to tune in and see a person be wrong then ESPN's laughing all the way to the bank. Most on air personalities are characters. There may not be a word for word script but they're force fed stats to argue whatever side their channel decides. Then the company laughs as you tune in to disagree
You would have a better point if any other personality tried to antagonize a major fan base (Michigan, Bama, Texas football; UNC, Duke, UCLA basketball, etc.) anywhere remotely close to the level May does OSU. So sure, the job is to get people to tune in, but May is not a character.
Old 11-23-16, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think you are looking at the old SEC making that statement. This year, it's Alabama and everyone else.

On the flipside, I think it would have been interesting to see Alabama play in the Big Ten this year. I doubt very much they would have gone undefeated like they are going to in the SEC. They would have certainly struggled in the bad weather that has risen these last couple of weeks. It's one of the advantages of playing in a Southern Conference, they can recruit for one type of game and never have to worry about having to alter their style due to the weather.

As to Mark May, it must really hurt his ego that he tries to portray himself as an intellectual while allowing the most emotional issue in his life to make him look so unintelligent. He's virtually an SNL parody skit of an ESPN analyst .
This is a point that the so called "experts" seldom make that is crucial to understanding the difference between northern football programs and those of the southeast, southwest and California. Having played HS football in COLD, windy, wet weather, including well below freezing and snow there is simply no exaggerating the toll on mind & body of these conditions.

Where I grew up (Western NY) nearly half our season was played in bad weather. You can see that Barret, a Texan, really struggles in cold, wet & windy conditions. The only time you see anything remotely similar in the SEC is when they play in monsoon rain conditions. And when they do you get sloppy, low scoring games and often big time upsets.
Old 11-23-16, 09:18 AM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
This is a point that the so called "experts" seldom make that is crucial to understanding the difference between northern football programs and those of the southeast, southwest and California. Having played HS football in COLD, windy, wet weather, including well below freezing and snow there is simply no exaggerating the toll on mind & body of these conditions.

Where I grew up (Western NY) nearly half our season was played in bad weather. You can see that Barret, a Texan, really struggles in cold, wet & windy conditions. The only time you see anything remotely similar in the SEC is when they play in monsoon rain conditions. And when they do you get sloppy, low scoring games and often big time upsets.
Maybe the home site could be swapped between the OSU/UM and the Alabama/Auburn games.
I'm so sure the SEC would love to play in Ohio or Michigan in late November.
Old 11-23-16, 09:33 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
You would have a better point if any other personality tried to antagonize a major fan base (Michigan, Bama, Texas football; UNC, Duke, UCLA basketball, etc.) anywhere remotely close to the level May does OSU. So sure, the job is to get people to tune in, but May is not a character.
I agree with this. He just makes himself look dumb, really. I'd love to see his picks for OSU games over the years. He routinely picks the likes of Indiana, Illinois, etc. over OSU.
Old 11-23-16, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

He almost had that Nebraska pick this year. They were in it right up until the third play of the game
Old 11-23-16, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Please. First of all, the guy is paid to be an analyst, which means he should apply an objective point of view. If you have been paying attention, you can see his OSU bias on display weekly. If you have been paying attention, you would have seen May taken off College Football Final. If you have been paying attention, you'll see that ESPN is struggling. The network is hemorrhaging subscribers. Maybe it's because the viewer is tired of the "characters" you apparently think are draws, and prefer straight reportage to the "edgy" and the downright desperate attempts to create personalities instead of professional broadcasters. May, if you have been paying attention, falls into that trap and his act is only diminished even more by his obvious distaste for Ohio State. He's become almost a parody.
Old 11-23-16, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
May's biggest issue is that he comes off as an arrogant ahole at all times, especially when he starts talking. His hatred for all things OSU is about as obvious as Kirk trying not to be an OSU homer on air.
Old 11-23-16, 07:51 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
If you have been paying attention, you'll see that ESPN is struggling. The network is hemorrhaging subscribers. Maybe it's because the viewer is tired of the "characters" you apparently think are draws, and prefer straight reportage to the "edgy" and the downright desperate attempts to create personalities instead of professional broadcasters.
ESPN is totally slobbering all over the SEC's knob, and everyone in non-SEC land is sick & tired of it. This is especially true, since everyone in the SEC besides Alabama is garbage.

Seriously, how far down the Big Ten standings do you think you have to go before you come to a team that would lose to Florida? They totally suck, and they're going to win the SEC East.

That's why people are bailing out on ESPN in droves, and they deserve every bit of it getting into bed with the SEC the way they did.
Old 11-25-16, 08:44 AM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
The SEC is way down this year. I wish someone would get up and challenge Bama, but that never happens in the SEC because Bama is so much better than the rest of the team.
Old 11-25-16, 09:22 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
The SEC is way down this year. I wish someone would get up and challenge Bama, but that never happens in the SEC because Bama is so much better than the rest of the team.
Ole Miss has won 2 of the last 3 and lost by 5 points this year.
Old 11-25-16, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

Saban's Bama will be dethroned in the SEC by Tom Herman at LSU
Old 11-25-16, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Saban's Bama will be dethroned in the SEC by Tom Herman at LSU
Who will his DC be ?

I can't help remembering how D1ckRod was supposed to transform B1G football.....