Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-02-16, 08:43 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Nah, even if they win ten and upset Houston Tubs can go. Does the guy even pick up a phone to talk to recruits?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-16, 10:04 AM
All District

Saint Columban is on a distinguished road
That i cant answer.

So what in your opinion needs to happen for him to stay?
Old 09-02-16, 10:36 AM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Tubs inherited a roster mess, but rather than make it better with local recruits and learning about 2nd tier football players south of I-70 he sits back, on the laurels of his quickly diminishing name, and does very little. This job is the end game for him. He can go 8-4/7-5 for the next 10 years and retire with half the UCats boosters tossing his salad for him. I'd honestly have rather had another hungry riser like Dantonio, or Kelly, hell even the dim witted Butch Jones tried hard.
Old 09-02-16, 10:49 AM
All District

Those hungry risers you mentioned only came to UC because of the Big East. Not realistic to get a guy like that to come anymore. Maybe Dantonio because he was a coordinator.
Old 09-02-16, 11:01 AM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Columban View Post
Those hungry risers you mentioned only came to UC because of the Big East. Not realistic to get a guy like that to come anymore. Maybe Dantonio because he was a coordinator.
Eh, to a point. I'd rather we try for a high caliber coordinator or take a risk on a strong position coach who can recruit locally and has Cincinnati ties, like perhaps oh say......Coombs.
Old 09-02-16, 11:09 AM
Cooling Off

He needs to pull off the impossible and get his head out of his azz when it comes to recruiting. That and a top 3 finish in conference at worst.

2013, which was mostly Butch Jones' doing, the recruiting class ranked 63rd. I'm sure it finished worse than what it should have been with kids flipping to Tennessee/other schools with Jones leaving.
2014 was 64th.
2015 was 68th.
2016 was 75th.
2017 is currently ranked 87th. It's been an annual decline.
Old 09-02-16, 02:16 PM
All District

Recruiting rankings are overated. Dantonio brought in the best talent and his classes were ranked 102, 84, 104. Kellys were ranked 90, 104, 56
Old 09-02-16, 02:19 PM
Cooling Off

Sure they're overrated but do you think it's a coincidence that teams that have the best classes tend to compete for conference titles and championships? Besides, Dantonio is a great coach who coaches up his talent. It's pretty obvious Tubs isn't recruiting high level talent nor coaching up the low level talent he's bringing in.
Old 09-02-16, 02:53 PM
All District

Right, im not saying you're wrong at all. I just dont think the rankings are what i'd go by to decide if he keeps his job.

I'm mostly frustrated by the lack of progress. Any coaching change leads to a lost year recruiting with the short time they're given. We've heard the last two years about how much young talent he had but he insists on redshirting them. This should be the year he shows marked improvement and last night says the exact opposite.
Old 09-02-16, 02:59 PM
Cooling Off

Well no, neither do I. It was just something to back my claim that he has gotten worse when it comes to recruiting, as opposed to what's expected: getting better.
Old 09-02-16, 03:32 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
I sure hope the radio broadcast team was not UC's normal team last night. I've heard high school broadcast that were better than those two last night. Pretty pathetic for a Big 12 team to have such a poor broadcast team.
Old 09-03-16, 05:06 PM
All American

staudi44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
I sure hope the radio broadcast team was not UC's normal team last night. I've heard high school broadcast that were better than those two last night. Pretty pathetic for a Big 12 team to have such a poor broadcast team.
Dan Hoard was broadcasting the Bengals game that night.
Old 09-06-16, 09:36 AM
All District

Well purdue didnt look great against eku and former bearcat bennie coney.

Bearcats havent looked too good on the road under tuberville.

Need more offensive production in this one. Would love to see Trail get in at QB.
Old 09-10-16, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Bearcats with a solid game today against a bad Purdue team. But hey, it's a win on the road over a Power 5 team. Defense looked better today and Moore threw the ball on target all day long. Momentum builder heading into the showdown against Houston on Thursday.
Old 09-11-16, 09:27 AM
Cooling Off

Pretty stoked with this win, either way. Sure Purdue is bad but so was Illinois in 2013 (1-7 in conference, 4-8 overall) and they beat UC pretty bad that year. I'll take it.
Old 09-11-16, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Short week, at least at home against Houston, should keep the score closer.

Houston 67
Cincinnati 14
Old 09-11-16, 10:38 AM
Cooling Off

Is Greg Ward Jr expected to play on Thursday? If not I think Houston only scored 50ish.
Old 09-11-16, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
Is Greg Ward Jr expected to play on Thursday? If not I think Houston only scored 50ish.
He will play, they said if the Lamar game was a conference game, he would have played.
Old 09-12-16, 01:41 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Short week and the amount of travel could help the Bearcats but I don't think they'll get an unfocused Houston team since many are billing this as the Big12 play in game. If Houston can embarrass UC they will.
Old 09-12-16, 01:46 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Would be shocked if UC kept it within 45 points. The timing of Houston's rise,UC's fall and the Big 12 realignment could not be much worse for UC. Horrible.
Old 09-12-16, 04:05 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I think a bigger deal this Thursday is what kind of gate and TV ratings this game gets. It looks like perfect football weather and no other NCAA football games to draw against should lead to high numbers on both fronts this Thursday, the NFL game is not a marquee match up either. If you are a UC fan I would buy a ticket and go see this game and help your cause. The Presidents that will have the final authority are driven by revenue and not as much on field product in a small snapshot.
Old 09-12-16, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I think a bigger deal this Thursday is what kind of gate and TV ratings this game gets. It looks like perfect football weather and no other NCAA football games to draw against should lead to high numbers on both fronts this Thursday, the NFL game is not a marquee match up either. If you are a UC fan I would buy a ticket and go see this game and help your cause. The Presidents that will have the final authority are driven by revenue and not as much on field product in a small snapshot.
+1, it's about the $$$ not the Ws/Ls. I'll give the Cats a puncher's chance. Thursday night with a sellout crowd could keep it close and the longer it stays close the tighter Houston gets and looser UC will play. Not a lot of people expected UC to even beat Miami (FL) last year in another early September Thursday game, granted the opponent is much, much better this time around.
Old 09-13-16, 01:41 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I believe the UC AD stated Houston has sold their allotment of tickets and requested even more which could also be a sign to the Big12 that their fans travel. It should be noted that I've often been able to get tickets for games by going through the visiting teams website so perhaps that's what UC fans are doing.
Old 09-13-16, 07:17 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I believe the UC AD stated Houston has sold their allotment of tickets and requested even more which could also be a sign to the Big12 that their fans travel. It should be noted that I've often been able to get tickets for games by going through the visiting teams website so perhaps that's what UC fans are doing.
A ton of seats opened up yesterday in whats normally the visitors sections. I took that to mean houston returned tickets. Maybe they've switched where visiting fans sit?
Old 09-13-16, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

According to the UC athletic web site there are plenty of tickets available. Not much in the lower bowl except for 118 but in the upper deck on the visitors side there are entire sections that are wide open.
Old 09-13-16, 08:37 AM
All District

Not sure whats going on with seats. When i bought tickets yesterday afternoon the lower bowl still had a lot of seats and the upper deck was almost sold out. Since its supposedly trending toward a sellout i was curious and checked progress just now and the seats seem to have swapped. I wonder if they upgraded ticket holders from up top to the lower sections.
Old 09-14-16, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

I will be in town on business and will be heading to Nippert to take in the Houston game. Any intel from UC fans on best place to park ( will walk a bit for in and out ease), scalping situation, and any other general information would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-16, 01:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I will be in town on business and will be heading to Nippert to take in the Houston game. Any intel from UC fans on best place to park ( will walk a bit for in and out ease), scalping situation, and any other general information would be appreciated.
http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...091316aaa.html

Mostly on campus parking, not sure how far you're looking to walk. Mostly it will depend on how early you get there.
Old 09-15-16, 06:30 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Game about to start. Stadium pretty empty; not a good look if you want Big 12. Or are Bearcat fans late arrivers?
Old 09-15-16, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Game about to start. Stadium pretty empty; not a good look if you want Big 12. Or are Bearcat fans late arrivers?
Pretty funny how the announcers were talking about a record crowd and then there's at least a couple thousand empty seats in the lower level.