Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-28-16, 08:10 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
How about what? I never said he wouldn't be a star at any of those schools.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 04-28-16, 10:18 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hof are you coming back to Coney Island this year?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-29-16, 08:04 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
tOSU had a good recruiting evening. 5 players drafted in the top 20 is what 5* recruits like to see.

Last edited by Auggie; 04-29-16 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-02-16, 12:33 PM
Lonny Baloney Lonny Baloney is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 04-12-16
Location: LA ( Lower Athens)
Posts: 406
Lonny Baloney is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
hof are you coming back to Coney Island this year?
nope . I am vacationing 20 minutes for NYC .. Going to sunday brunch parties with my cousins and stuff .cool as heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-05-16, 09:01 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Wow all hell breaking loose in College Station, much to OSU's benefit. Steve Wiltfong sends crystal balls for both Martell Tate and Tyjon Lindsey to OSU.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-05-16, 03:01 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Buckle up, QB recruiting is going to be some serious drama this summer during camp season. Not sure what will happen but it appears it is now a Tate and Mond race and it will be decided sooner rather than later. Clark is now plan C.

On a side not both Texas and Texas A&M Coaching gigs might be open after the end of this year, my guess is that Herman will have his pick of jobs and make a boat load of cash.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-06-16, 07:23 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mond said OSU is pushing the hardest among Auburn, OSU and Texas A&M. It'll be really interesting to see how this plays out. If they get either Mond, Tate or dark horse Shawn Robinson (TCU commit) they'll definitely ask Clark to grayshirt. I wonder how all this plays out.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-06-16, 10:32 AM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
Texas AM coach, what an idiot. Hopefully OSU can land Tate now. Seems that Lindsey is good buds with him, that could help.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-06-16, 12:17 PM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cramerica View Post
Texas AM coach, what an idiot. Hopefully OSU can land Tate now. Seems that Lindsey is good buds with him, that could help.
I think I read somewhere they lived together when Lindsey was at Bishop Gorman. Would be a nice to get them both
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-06-16, 12:38 PM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-07-16, 03:27 AM
Middie 85 Alum's Avatar
Middie 85 Alum Middie 85 Alum is offline
GO MIDDIES
 
Join Date: 12-29-08
Location: IL
Posts: 16,046
Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Buckle up, QB recruiting is going to be some serious drama this summer during camp season. Not sure what will happen but it appears it is now a Tate and Mond race and it will be decided sooner rather than later. Clark is now plan C.

On a side not both Texas and Texas A&M Coaching gigs might be open after the end of this year, my guess is that Herman will have his pick of jobs and make a boat load of cash.
Yep, It would be hard to believe Herman would turn down an offer to Texas. When yhat happens, Herman will clean up on the Tecas receuits and get back to being a top team in the Big12. I feel sorry for Clark. I sure hope he get find the cash for some laser type tatoo removal. Would Mond or Tate back away if either committed to the Bucks? I really like Mond, but that package deal with Tate and Lindsey sounds very exciting.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-07-16, 07:00 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I can't imagine both would commit especially with JT most likely staying for 2018, Burrow and Haskins on board already.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-17-16, 01:16 AM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 1,669
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I think Strong would have to have an absolute awful year for Texas to get rid of him after 3 years. This would be the first class "his" recruits would be upperclassman and still some of those are leftovers from the previous regimen. As much as schools want to win now without having a someone you absolutely knew was going to be better for the program its hard to pull that trigger. Also Herman had a great first year at Houston and I loved watching them play but Charlie Weis also had a great first year at ND. I see Herman staying until he learns Houston's fate in possibly becoming a Big12 school which would certainly raise his value. Then again sometimes you have to take a deal when you're hot...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-23-16, 12:16 PM
Lonny Baloney Lonny Baloney is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 04-12-16
Location: LA ( Lower Athens)
Posts: 406
Lonny Baloney is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middie 85 Alum View Post
Yep, It would be hard to believe Herman would turn down an offer to Texas. When yhat happens, Herman will clean up on the Tecas receuits and get back to being a top team in the Big12. I feel sorry for Clark. I sure hope he get find the cash for some laser type tatoo removal. Would Mond or Tate back away if either committed to the Bucks? I really like Mond, but that package deal with Tate and Lindsey sounds very exciting.
feel sorry ? for what ? he should have just stayed in Columbus and played his hs football . he may be able to start at Baldwin Wallace or somewhere like that . he would have never played at OSU
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-27-16, 12:31 PM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
Art Briles being fired could be a pretty good opportunity for OSU. Mond, among others, is a real possibility.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-01-16, 03:26 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Early summer is QB commit time. I think we will know where Mond and Martell are headed by mid July.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-01-16, 08:40 PM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hoping they pick up Mond and Emory Jones. Wouldn't be mad with Tate though.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-13-16, 07:36 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Tate Martell verbals to tOSU over the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-13-16, 08:21 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 10,964
fish82 will become famous soon enough
Martell looks like a ginormous pain in the azz to me...count me as less than thrilled.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-13-16, 09:27 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Martell looks like a ginormous pain in the azz to me...count me as less than thrilled.
Not sure about pain in the azz. Heard he is a lot like Draymond Green in that he doesn't pass the look test, (5'11" QB this day and age?) but has all the dual threat QB skills and is the kind of teammate you want on your team but hate to play against. Now he has verbaled to 3 different schools in two years but summer leading into the senior year is when QBs commit and they tend to stick as they are all sorted out before the fall so they can start school in January of their Senior year. If anything the kid is a pure athlete and if QB doesn't work out he can be moved ala Torrance Gibson.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-13-16, 10:59 AM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
His high school tape looks identical to Manziel's college tape. He has 5 star skills with a 4 star body. Sounds like a perfect fit.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-14-16, 12:49 PM
FormerWildcat's Avatar
FormerWildcat FormerWildcat is offline
Yappi Supporter
 
Join Date: 07-22-01
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,879
FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
It's interesting that this item made it into USA Today.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/urban-me...-by-ohio-state
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-16-16, 09:49 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,287
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Not sure about pain in the azz. Heard he is a lot like Draymond Green in that he doesn't pass the look test, (5'11" QB this day and age?) but has all the dual threat QB skills and is the kind of teammate you want on your team but hate to play against. Now he has verbaled to 3 different schools in two years but summer leading into the senior year is when QBs commit and they tend to stick as they are all sorted out before the fall so they can start school in January of their Senior year. If anything the kid is a pure athlete and if QB doesn't work out he can be moved ala Torrance Gibson.
That would be a good way to get him on the field while Burrow gets a shot next year, as Tannehill at WR early. Returns ? I want to see Denzel Ward have a shot at them, but the return game could get Martell on the field early as well. Don't see him as a redshirt after changing commitment, as there would seem to be little in an NFL QB endgame to hold in front of him. Situational platooning with Burrow ?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-16-16, 10:13 AM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
I'm not seeing Martell as an athlete at all. He's an athletic QB, but not profound enough physically to just be an athlete IMO. He's a QB, and will fit very well IMO. I guess the tape I see gives me a different opinion of him than most on here.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-16-16, 10:36 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That would be a good way to get him on the field while Burrow gets a shot next year, as Tannehill at WR early. Returns ? I want to see Denzel Ward have a shot at them, but the return game could get Martell on the field early as well. Don't see him as a redshirt after changing commitment, as there would seem to be little in an NFL QB endgame to hold in front of him. Situational platooning with Burrow ?
You're underrating Haskins. Urban has pretty high praise of him. Also I'd like to see Erick Smith on returns.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-16-16, 01:16 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,466
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Todd Sibley is officially out at tOSU, I wonder how much longer Clark stays in the fold? 2017 is shaping up to be the highest star average class in Ohio State's history.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-20-16, 12:03 PM
scotty99 scotty99 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-19-16
Posts: 57
scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Clark should move to tight end if he goes to ohio st. 6'5 235-240lb is good tight end size
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-24-16, 09:55 PM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
5 star guard Wyatt Davis commits. Top guard in the country.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-24-16, 10:58 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,486
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Damn, that's a big one
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-25-16, 07:29 AM
James Cramerica James Cramerica is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-17-13
Location: HN2K
Posts: 3,227
James Cramerica can only hope to improve
And kind of out of the blue. Huge get, Notre Dame and Michigan were also in the running.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz