Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football Recruiting

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-07-16, 04:15 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Ohio State Recruiting - 2017

Verbals so far:

01. Danny Clark, QB, Akron (OH) Archbishop Hoban; 6'3", 200 lbs - committed on 12/13/2013

02. Shaun Wade, DB, Jacksonville (FL) Trinity Christian; 6' 2", 175 lbs - committed on 01/12/2015

03. Josh Myers, OL, Miamisburg (OH) HS; 6' 5", 255 lbs - committed on 01/25/2015

04. Marcus Williamson, DB, Westerville (OH) South; 5' 10", 168 lbs - committed on 04/18/2015

05. Todd Sibley, RB, Akron (OH) Archbishop Hoban; 5' 10", 190 lbs - committed on 04/19/2015

06. Jake Moretti, OL, Arvada (CO) Pomona; 6' 5", 265 lbs - committed on 07/04/2015

07. Jerron Cage, DT, Cincinnati (OH) Winton Woods; 6' 2", 275 lbs - committed on 07/21/2015

08. Blake Haubeil, PK, Buffalo (NY) Canisius; 6' 3", 200 lbs - committed on 07/24/2015

09. Isaiah Pryor, DB, Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy; 6' 2", 185 lbs - committed on 07/27/2015

10. Brendon White, LB, Powell (OH) Olentangy Liberty; 6'2", 200 lbs - committed on 10/02/2015
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-16, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Looks like tOSU could be solid at DB for some time.

Only guy from the above list that I would not be excited about is Clark. What I have seen live from him so far so far has not been impressive, the tools are there but the execution is lacking. Not a typical Meyer QB prospect...
Old 02-07-16, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post

Only guy from the above list that I would not be excited about is Clark. What I have seen live from him so far so far has not been impressive, the tools are there but the execution is lacking. Not a typical Meyer QB prospect...
I've thought now for the last couple of years that OSU backs out of the Clark commit, and now that he is heading into his senior year I believe at some point this summer it will happen. Then OSU can pursue who they really want, and Clark has time to try on some other schools.
Old 02-08-16, 08:48 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Can't see Meyer backing out now. Plus, he's been a hell of a recruiter for them in the '16 class, this class and for the class following.

I see Wade flipping.
Old 02-09-16, 11:32 AM
Cooling Off

Ohio State picks up commitment #11 in 4* DT Haskell Garrett out of Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. 247 composite #78 player, 4th DT in the class. While 5* Tyjon Lindsey moved back to California, this can only help the Buckeyes. You have to assume they'd keep contact.

Edit: Just read they only offered him a week ago. Wow
Old 02-09-16, 06:24 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
Ohio State picks up commitment #11 in 4* DT Haskell Garrett out of Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. 247 composite #78 player, 4th DT in the class. While 5* Tyjon Lindsey moved back to California, this can only help the Buckeyes. You have to assume they'd keep contact.

The top rated QB from Bishop Gorman, Tate Martell, has said he is very interested in Ohio State, but that there is no room for him since OSU has the commit from Clark. Martell is committed to Texas A&M, but I bet Urban makes a run at him.
Old 02-09-16, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nice. Will take as many DT's as we can get
Old 02-09-16, 09:15 PM
Cooling Off

In the running for the #6, #7, and #8 DT in the country as well. I think only one, Aubrey Solomon, is from the south. Darnell Ewell in Virginia and Fred Hansard in NJ are the other two. My guess is they take one of the 3 with 11 already in the class and they seem all but a sure thing for Grimes and in the running for Okudah, Darnay Holmes, Tyjon Lindsey, Lamont Wade, Riep of Colerain.
Old 02-10-16, 11:53 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Gotta like it when it gets a big write-up in the local paper.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...its-ohio-state
Old 02-10-16, 12:36 PM
All Region

Central OH Football is an unknown quantity at this point
Danny Clark is not very good. Plain and simple he is maybe a 3 star recruit IMO. I don't think he is an OSU guy and I believe the coaches can do better. He had Massilion hype with him. I think he'll just bring problems to OSU

As for Wade.. I think he will stay committed. The idea of him and Williamson together is freaky but awesome for the Buckeyes. Also Williamson going to IMG means they'll be closer together and hopefully Williamson will help him stay with OSU

If Ohio State wants more DTs.. Derrius Mullins from Columbus DeSales is a solid local prospect. Good size and moves well for his size. Will be interesting if he gets an offer.

Ohio State needs to go after the Cass Tech receive People hard. He is really really good and I would love to see him in the scarlet and gray
Old 02-10-16, 12:49 PM
Cooling Off

Agreed on Clark's talent. He's got the body but, IMO, he's a Hackenburg. All the measurables in the world but just can't put it together. That being said, he's been a hell of a recruiter for OSU, the coaches, players and other recruits think highly of him.

I'd love for Wade to stick. Unfortunately I think OSU end up with only one Wade in the secondary and it's not the one OSU has now.

OSU will take another DT, it won't be a local kid. If he gets an offer it's non-commitable.

Unfortunately I think Peoples stays in Michigan. While it hasn't affected OSU so far, the fact is his coach is a former Michigan man. Normally I wouldn't say this affects OSU's chances but that coupled with the fact his parents are both Michigan alum I just don't see him at OSU. But I've been wrong in the past. Even without him Grimes, #11 overall #2 WR, seems all but a sure thing and the Bucks have a great shot at landing Lindsey (formerly Haskell's teammate at Gorman and a 5* WR) and Harris a 4* WR from Cleveland.
Old 02-10-16, 02:13 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central OH Football View Post
Danny Clark is not very good. Plain and simple he is maybe a 3 star recruit IMO. I don't think he is an OSU guy and I believe the coaches can do better. He had Massilion hype with him. I think he'll just bring problems to OSU

As for Wade.. I think he will stay committed. The idea of him and Williamson together is freaky but awesome for the Buckeyes. Also Williamson going to IMG means they'll be closer together and hopefully Williamson will help him stay with OSU

If Ohio State wants more DTs.. Derrius Mullins from Columbus DeSales is a solid local prospect. Good size and moves well for his size. Will be interesting if he gets an offer.

Ohio State needs to go after the Cass Tech receive People hard. He is really really good and I would love to see him in the scarlet and gray
Does Justin Zwick ring a bell? He was awful!
Old 02-10-16, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
Does Justin Zwick ring a bell? He was awful!
He really wasn't that bad. Only played like five games early in his career then got stuck behind Troy Smith
Old 02-12-16, 07:55 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Can't carry a team,doesn't roll out or run well but he doesn't make a lot of turnovers.Wrong school and coach for his talent,bet he will transfer after a year.
Old 02-12-16, 08:02 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Can't carry a team,doesn't roll out or run well but he doesn't make a lot of turnovers.Wrong school and coach for his talent,bet he will transfer after a year.
He's got a tattoo of the Block O on his arm.
Old 02-15-16, 08:41 AM
All World

Quote:
He's got a tattoo of the Block O on his arm.
One of his coaches at Massillon had a McK Bulldog on his leg too,BIG deal.
Old 02-15-16, 09:21 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
One of his coaches at Massillon had a McK Bulldog on his leg too,BIG deal.
What's your point? I'm guessing he was looking for work. They offered him a job and Massillon pays out the azz. Apples and oranges comparison, but given your posting history I'm not surprised you couldn't see the difference.
Old 02-15-16, 08:37 PM
All World

Quote:
What's your point? I'm guessing he was looking for work. They offered him a job and Massillon pays out the azz. Apples and oranges comparison, but given your posting history I'm not surprised you couldn't see the difference.
So your a History teacher now and I'm sure I know more about that young man than you'll ever know.
Old 02-16-16, 08:45 AM
Cooling Off

Clearly not if you think he's going to transfer after his freshman year.
Old 02-19-16, 03:06 PM
Yappi Supporter

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...star_offe.html

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ommentary.html

Quote:
It is difficult to predict when a college football prospect is going to make a commitment, but one recruiting analyst believes Ohio State fans should look for Amir Riep to become the next member of the 2017 class.

“He’s got a lot of momentum right now,” analyst Marc Givler of Rivals said of the 6-foot defensive back from Cincinnati Colerain. “He wants to enroll early (next January) wherever he decides to go. He’s got several unofficial visits set for the next few weeks, so he can make a somewhat early decision and possibly help recruit for his class. Ohio State appears to be definitely the team to beat. He’s known (cornerbacks coach) Kerry Coombs for a long time.”

Coombs once was coach at Colerain.

One thing is complicating things for the Buckeyes, though: “Amir is blowing up nationally,” Givler said. “On just one day a week or so ago, he got offers from Iowa, Pitt, Oklahoma and Florida. Two months ago, he might have had eight to 10 offers.” Since Riep's junior video highlights have circulated, “now he’s got 25,” Givler said.

Last edited by FormerWildcat; 02-19-16 at 04:51 PM..
Old 02-23-16, 12:32 PM
Yappi Supporter

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/n...e-for-elite-wr

Lakeland (FL) WR James Robinson probably won't pick Ohio State, but this is always good to hear from the players who go elsewhere.

Quote:
Ohio State: I always liked Ohio State, just the way they air the ball out on offense. Urban Meyer is my favorite college football coach.
Old 03-03-16, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

Meyer picks up another speedy smallish LB in Antjuan Simmons: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...mitment-to-the

This is not a top 100 type guy as he is lacking the size you want to see coming out of HS but he makes up for it in the speed category and tape. No love at all from ESPN as they don't even rank him yet his offer list is strong with plenty of high end BCS schools like LSU, ND, Oregon, etc... on his list. Seems like tOSU is continuing to build their LB classes in the mold of speed 1st size second, the prototype player in this category is Ryan Shazier. I can see why they are heading in this direction too as many of the spread offenses require fast LBs that can cover a lot of ground and use the rugby style of tackling in space to make plays.

Also of note is that he is from Ann Arbor.
Old 03-03-16, 09:51 AM
Cooling Off

Not only is he from Ann Arbor, his high school is caddy corner to The Big House.
Old 03-03-16, 03:33 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Seems like tOSU is continuing to build their LB classes in the mold of speed 1st size second, the prototype player in this category is Ryan Shazier.
I've noticed the same thing. The days of big, bulky guys like Cousineau and Spielman are gone at least for now.

I really didn't think Shazier was going to be great shakes in the NFL, but he has played very well for the Steelers.
Old 03-03-16, 04:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
I've noticed the same thing. The days of big, bulky guys like Cousineau and Spielman are gone at least for now.

I really didn't think Shazier was going to be great shakes in the NFL, but he has played very well for the Steelers.
Shazier's problem in the NFL is staying healthy, maybe the size thing is reflected in this issue? By the way the smaller faster tOSU LBs didn't have a problem with pro styles 'Bama in the 2015 playoffs or UM LY. Let's see how they do TY with Wiscy back on the schedule.
Old 03-03-16, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Keandre Jones and Jerome Baker are the next crop of speed linebackers you will be hearing about here.

BTW, Bama RB commit Cam Akers announced he will be visiting Ohio State
Old 03-03-16, 11:14 PM
Cooling Off

For nearly a week, I think.
Old 03-04-16, 01:18 PM
Yappi Supporter

Let's try the right forum this time...

UGA just got a 4 star QB flip from Bama.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...t-from-alabama

I wonder if the Buckeyes could get in on the "other kid" on UGA's radar now that they're all happy with themselves for getting the former Bama commit.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...-to-georgia-qb

He's already looking at Stanford and Michigan, so he seems pretty open to leaving the South.
Old 03-06-16, 07:06 PM
Cooling Off

Ohio State gets #13. JK Dobbins, 4* RB out of Texas. 62nd overall, 4th all purpose back. Is it a coincidence he committed today with Cam Akers visiting Ohio State tomorrow? Of course not, he knew what his timing meant.
Old 03-07-16, 12:43 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Ohio State gets #13. JK Dobbins, 4* RB out of Texas. 62nd overall, 4th all purpose back. Is it a coincidence he committed today with Cam Akers visiting Ohio State tomorrow? Of course not, he knew what his timing meant.
We'll see if actually follows through on what he says in this article.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...r_rb_from.html

Quote:
Though Dobbins has never been to Columbus, he plans on visiting this spring, either this month or in early April.

And for those worried about whether he'll be taking visits to other programs closer for him as his recruitment progresses, he's not.

"I'm shutting it down," Dobbins said

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: