Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-27-16, 08:30 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but the Steelers would be a very good defense with an upgrade at CB and possibly even elite if they add a big time pass rusher as well. But I realize you could say the same for about 5-6 other teams.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 02-27-16, 12:26 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 31,808
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I'm kind of surprised Boykin would want to return but I think it's good news. Hopefully they get it done.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eelers-return/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-27-16, 07:07 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Agree. I'm optimistic about this defense if they can add a few pieces i think there is a huge upside.
If they had one of their backup RB or #1 WR this post season, they likely would've been up against the pats to go to the super bowl. Have both plus their number 1 RB and they wouldve been much better odds to win it all. Even with tht defense. Injuries happen, but if they can stay healthy their offense will take their current level of defense and be one of the top favorites as is. Improve the defensive secondary and I think theyre the number 1 favorite.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-03-16, 06:19 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Damn Vontaze is such a classless thug.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-03-16, 04:01 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Well some of us already knew that. Why are you posting that now?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-03-16, 04:08 PM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-b...ter-knee-rehab
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-03-16, 04:11 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 31,808
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Nice PR move
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-03-16, 04:24 PM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No doubt.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-04-16, 12:59 AM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
You see where he admitted Joey Porter wasn't saying anything in terms of trash talk and that while he shouldn't have been there by the rule(still NEVER enforced any game) Pacman came running up just assuming Porter was talking sh*t and shoved him for basically no reason.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-04-16, 06:18 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Doesn't excuse the fact that Porter was among a group of ~4-5 Bengals players with no Steelers players around. You can keep defending him but Joey Porter is still a huge for baiting players.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-04-16, 08:47 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Sportshomer.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-04-16, 02:07 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
Doesn't excuse the fact that Porter was among a group of ~4-5 Bengals players with no Steelers players around. You can keep defending him but Joey Porter is still a huge for baiting players.
He wasnt among 4-5 Bengals players initially nor did he seek them out. He was at the feet of antonio brown. Brown got up with the trainers and Porter was legit 2 feet from them. Burfict grabbed Browns shoulder The trainer pushed him away. Thats when more Bengals came up. Man you bengals fans just ignore exactly what happened on video
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-04-16, 02:11 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 31,808
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I wonder how much of it was Goodell being pissed at how embarrassing Burfict is now for the league, his agent being nervous his client will have to take a paycut eventually because of his stupidity, and a psych recommendation. I seriously doubt Burfict is being even a little bit sincere. The guy is nuts
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-04-16, 02:16 PM
Jhubbs77 Jhubbs77 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-03
Location: LA
Posts: 31,039
Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
It was a picture perfect tackle, so its not like he's saying it to a guy he hurt with a dirty play
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-04-16, 02:20 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubbs77 View Post
It was a picture perfect tackle, so its not like he's saying it to a guy he hurt with a dirty play
I agree it was a clean play, but its not out of the realm of possibility it was a tactical thing as well
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-05-16, 07:03 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
He wasnt among 4-5 Bengals players initially nor did he seek them out. He was at the feet of antonio brown. Brown got up with the trainers and Porter was legit 2 feet from them. Burfict grabbed Browns shoulder The trainer pushed him away. Thats when more Bengals came up. Man you bengals fans just ignore exactly what happened on video
Go ahead and start at 10 minutes. Those Bengals players were already standing there when Porter decided not to walk off with the rest of the coaches and Brown. I can see how concerned he is with Brown and NOT trolling Bengals players. Man you Steelers fans just ignore exactly what happened on video.

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-05-16, 07:41 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
He was walking behind them. Burfict stepped in, trainer pushed him away, thats when Porter talked to him. Exactly what I said. And as Burfict said, he didn't say anything wrong so he wasn't trolling anyone. Pacman shoved him for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-06-16, 04:20 PM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
He was walking behind them, and then stopped to turn to the group of Bengals players that were already there. They didn't walk up after that happened. And is he a Bengals coach or is he a Steelers coach? Why was he worried about the group of Bengals players and not his own player's health?

Pacman pushed him because he saw Porter going towards a group of Bengals players and given Porters history assumed he was being his usual sh*thead self trying to troll them. Same reason Burfict was suspended/fined, because of his history.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-06-16, 09:25 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
He was walking behind them, and then stopped to turn to the group of Bengals players that were already there. They didn't walk up after that happened. And is he a Bengals coach or is he a Steelers coach? Why was he worried about the group of Bengals players and not his own player's health?

Pacman pushed him because he saw Porter going towards a group of Bengals players and given Porters history assumed he was being his usual sh*thead self trying to troll them. Same reason Burfict was suspended/fined, because of his history.
Burfict said in the interview what he said to him. Thats why he stopped and said something. Again, he said something after Burfict grabbed Brown and the trainer shoved him.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-07-16, 07:10 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Pretty obvious Porter was well beyond where he was supposed to be during the injury timeout. Not surprised sportshomer is still trying to justify it on here though.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-07-16, 08:04 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Burfict said in the interview what he said to him. Thats why he stopped and said something. Again, he said something after Burfict grabbed Brown and the trainer shoved him.
And how is Pacman, from 20 feet away with a crowd of boos going on, supposed to hear every word? Again, he ignored his injured player and went to chastise players from another team on the field instead of helping Brown off the field.

Can't believe you said he didn't seek them out and then said Bengals fans ignore what happened on video
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-07-16, 09:15 AM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Underwood View Post
And how is Pacman, from 20 feet away with a crowd of boos going on, supposed to hear every word? Again, he ignored his injured player and went to chastise players from another team on the field instead of helping Brown off the field.

Can't believe you said he didn't seek them out and then said Bengals fans ignore what happened on video
Pacman isn't supposed to hear what he says. Maybe just don't act like a clown and go shove a coach and a ref. Porter isn't the first coach on the field talking to other guys and likely won't be the last.

Porter didn't seek anyone out or go out of his way. He was by Brown, Brown and the trainers get up and start walking, Porter follows until Burfict initiates contact with Brown/the trainer, that is when Porter stopped and waited behind. he never talked trash. Never made contact. Bengal's DE "bumps" him from behind, then Pacman comes in. The video by itself showed Porter was never the instigator/agressor and Burfict's interview that Porter didn't say anything wrong only confirms that. Pacman was the problem 100%. Last Ill say on the topic and last Ill address you at all.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-07-16, 09:53 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,285
Bballer05
Steelers sign S Robert Golden to 3-year contract.

was going to be UFA on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-07-16, 10:12 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Pacman isn't supposed to hear what he says. Maybe just don't act like a clown and go shove a coach and a ref. Porter isn't the first coach on the field talking to other guys and likely won't be the last.

Porter didn't seek anyone out or go out of his way. He was by Brown, Brown and the trainers get up and start walking, Porter follows until Burfict initiates contact with Brown/the trainer, that is when Porter stopped and waited behind. he never talked trash. Never made contact. Bengal's DE "bumps" him from behind, then Pacman comes in. The video by itself showed Porter was never the instigator/agressor and Burfict's interview that Porter didn't say anything wrong only confirms that. Pacman was the problem 100%. Last Ill say on the topic and last Ill address you at all.

Sportshomer believes Porter absolutely did nothing wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-07-16, 10:30 AM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Sportshomer believes Porter absolutely did nothing wrong.
He didn't
Didn't do anything that other coaches don't do during any other NFL game.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-07-16, 10:41 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
He didn't
Didn't do anything that other coaches don't do during any other NFL game.
You should be able to provide ample examples of coaches ignoring and walking away from their scarily injured star player to walk up to a group of players on the other team.

And wait, he didn't seek anyone out? Are you even watching the video? He was walking away, turned around and walked towards a group of Bengals players standing there, who you said came up after Porter was talking to Burfict, which is incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-07-16, 10:43 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
He didn't
Didn't do anything that other coaches don't do during any other NFL game.
I've never seen a position coach go past midfield and start crap with the other players. But maybe you have.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-07-16, 11:00 AM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,117
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
He didn't start crap with anyone. burfict admitted as much.


In other Steeler news:
Golden's deal is 3 years 5 million. He played well when Allen missed time. With this signing, I doubt they sign another free agent safety. Guessing theyll draft one and Golden will be given the first chance to start while the draftee gets acclimated.
Not football related, Antonio Brown is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. Von Miller is also on this coming season. I don't watch the show, but Im sure many Steeler fans will like they did when Ward won a few years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-07-16, 11:13 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 63,264
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
He didn't start crap with anyone. burfict admitted as much.
Yeah, Porter probably didn't say anything. I'm guessing you don't know anything about Joey Porter then.

Anyway, show me one incident where an position coach crosses midfield and walks to a group of opposing players during an injury timeout. You're so full of sh!t here.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-07-16, 11:21 AM
Jhubbs77 Jhubbs77 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-03
Location: LA
Posts: 31,039
Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
There probably aren't a lot of incidents where coaches watch one of their players get an excessive celebration penalty that lasts close to a minute and then meet them practically on the field doing the dance as well. Porter is a clown who wishes he was still a player and has no professionalism at all when it comes to coaching
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz