Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-15, 08:47 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Will the MAC sweep the lower three divisions again?

D5: Coldwater - 7-0, will be MAC champs, have not been challenged in the slightest before Marion Local

D6: Marion Local, St. Henry - ML obviously the favorite to do the impossible: five state championships in a row

D7: Minster, Ft. Recovery - both teams, along with McComb, seem to be the cream of the crop in this division. Will Minster repeat? Will FR win their first state championship? Will McComb finally hoist the trophy? Or will another team win it all?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-15, 08:49 AM
All Region

jobarules is on a distinguished road
Coldwater runs through D5 hands down. In D6 Mechanicsburg will have a say in who wins state, I can't see anyone other than them or Marion Local taking it. In D7 its Minster or McComb. Ft Recovery might not even make the playoffs with their remaining schedule
Old 10-12-15, 09:01 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I think they get two out of 3. Mccomb is really good.
Old 10-12-15, 09:33 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I think in D7 that Mogadore will have a chance against whoever comes out of Western Ohio. D5 and D6 will be Coldwater and Marion Locsl
Old 10-12-15, 09:50 AM
Untitled

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
St Paul in D7
Old 10-12-15, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
No.
Neither of the winners from last year are as good as they were.
Might get one though.
Old 10-12-15, 10:02 AM
All American

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarules View Post
Coldwater runs through D5 hands down. In D6 Mechanicsburg will have a say in who wins state, I can't see anyone other than them or Marion Local taking it. In D7 its Minster or McComb. Ft Recovery might not even make the playoffs with their remaining schedule
Go ahead and grind Fort Recoveries name into the playoff tablet. I have ran the numbers for D7 region 26 with virtually every scenario I can possibly imagine and there is only one open spot (8) with three teams fighting for it, Ft. Loramie, Upper Scioto, and Troy Christian in that order.

I realize mathematically the top seven are not clinched, but schedule wise and probable outcomes, they are very solid.

Look for Loramie to run the table and get in well ahead of the other two.

As for a repeat three peat, simply speaking from a statistical perspective not likely to happen. They do have teams in each division that could do it!
Old 10-12-15, 10:08 AM
All American

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Let's just hope the MAC's two d7 schools do not have to face each other before regional finals. For safety of our southern Ohio Miami Valley Christian team, I hope they avoid drawing a MAC school.
Old 10-12-15, 11:59 AM
Untitled

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Will the MAC sweep the lower three divisions again?
I think 2 of 3.
Old 10-12-15, 12:45 PM
Junior Varsity

WOFF is on a distinguished road
McComb may very well win D7. They have a very good team and gave our Flyers a great game. Since then though I think it has been a cake walk for them (we truly appreciate the points they are giving us) while the D7 MAC teams have run an absolute gauntlet. This "toughening up" cannot be overemphasized and has brought the MAC unbelievable success in the playoffs.
Old 10-12-15, 01:04 PM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Cold water should win D5 but Wheelersburg and Canton Central are pretty good. D6 and D7 are toss ups.
Old 10-12-15, 01:22 PM
All American

RAHRAH4KENTON is on a distinguished road
Coldwater is a lock. CW is as good or better the last years team. Except at the QB position. The CW D makes up for that!

ML will be a tough out for anyone that plays them. Making ML another lock!

D7 someone mentioned Mogadore naaaaa. Ill take any MAC D7 over anyone left in D7.
Old 10-12-15, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Yes,

Coldwater, Marion Local and Minster are in full gear. Doubtful anyone in those three divisions can beat them. Brookville will give Coldwater a fight but the Cavs will be too much.
Old 10-12-15, 01:51 PM
All District

audiciter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOFF View Post
Since then though I think it has been a cake walk for them (we truly appreciate the points they are giving us) while the D7 MAC teams have run an absolute gauntlet.
Ft Recovery has beaten
2-5 Anna
1-6 DSJ
0-7 Parkway
1-6 New Bremen

That's not a gauntlet.
Old 10-12-15, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiciter View Post
Ft Recovery has beaten
2-5 Anna
1-6 DSJ
0-7 Parkway
1-6 New Bremen

That's not a gauntlet.
True, but they end with:
+Minster. Defending DVI champ.
+Marion Local. Defending DVII champ.
+St Henry. Probably playoff team
+Versailles. A chance at still getting in
Old 10-12-15, 02:09 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Once again why have championship games except to load OHSAA confers. Just give the trophies to all MAC teams and the rest of us can stay home.
Old 10-12-15, 02:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
Once again why have championship games except to load . Just give the trophies to all MAC teams and the rest of us can stay home.
FYI: The "OHSAA confers" dont just give trophys to MAC teams. MAC teams earn them. What planet are you from?

Who is the "rest of us" you are talking about?

Maybe if Mogadore can make it to Columbus Mogadore will have a shot at a MAC team? History has not been to kind to Mogadore v/s a MAC team. just sayin.

Last edited by RAHRAH4KENTON; 10-12-15 at 02:43 PM..
Old 10-12-15, 04:05 PM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHRAH4KENTON View Post
Coldwater is a lock. CW is as good or better the last years team. Except at the QB position. The CW D makes up for that!

ML will be a tough out for anyone that plays them. Making ML another lock!

D7 someone mentioned Mogadore naaaaa. Ill take any MAC D7 over anyone left in D7.
Once again an uninformed poster. Look at the objective data. Like Calpreps and Drew Pasteur. Mogadore would not be more than single digit dogs to any team in Division 7 including Minster and McComb. Mogadore is playing very good football right now and should not be underestimated. There only loss came to a very good Elyria Catholic team on the road.
Old 10-12-15, 05:51 PM
All American

2001 Marion Local 63 Mogadore 7

2000 Marion Local 54 Mogadore 0

1996 Mogadore 61 St. Henry 58

I didnt say Mogadore would not compete. Mogadore may very well be playing "good football right now" The top MAC teams play "good football" weekly.

Be careful about what you wish for.

I see Elyria is 4-3.
Old 10-12-15, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
No.
Neither of the winners from last year are as good as they were.
Might get one though.
I agree Marion , Minster and Coldwater are not as good as last season.
Coldwater is a strictly passing team that if it runs into bad weather and a good running team they could be in trouble. Still they are a heavy favorite to win it all. Marion even if they get totally healthy is not nearly as good as last year, and can be beaten. Believe McComb will win D-7.
Old 10-12-15, 07:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I agree Marion , Minster and Coldwater are not as good as last season.
Coldwater is a strictly passing team that if it runs into bad weather and a good running team they could be in trouble. Still they are a heavy favorite to win it all. Marion even if they get totally healthy is not nearly as good as last year, and can be beaten. Believe McComb will win D-7.
Other then CW losing their QB from last year. Im curious as to why you say they are not as good as last years team? CW starting D has only given up 2 TD's this year. That was to ML. How many times have you watched CW play? You say "Coldwater is a strictly passing team" REALLY? I believe CW just beat a "good running team" in ML. CW will win state for the 4th year in a row. Who do you think can beat these 2 weaker teams? As far as ML not being "not nearly as good as last year" yes I agree. But a ML team that is "not nearly as good as last year"(which was pretty dam good) will be good eunff to win state 5 years in a row.
Old 10-12-15, 07:06 PM
All American

Quote:
2001 Marion Local 63 Mogadore 7

2000 Marion Local 54 Mogadore 0

1996 Mogadore 61 St. Henry 58

I didnt say Mogadore would not compete. Mogadore may very well be playing "good football right now" The top MAC teams play "good football" weekly.

Be careful about what you wish for.

I see Elyria is 4-3.
I know those ML teams very well believe me. Very good football teams. And would have loved to get a do-over for that 2001 debacle, we totally laid a huge egg in that game. But I won't get into that, because it makes me angry just thinking about it.

But do you think the kids that are playing now even remember seeing Mogadore play a MAC team? They will not be intimidated if that time comes. They will be ready. They have played a tough OTC schedule and will be ready. According to Drew Pasteur they have played the 9th toughest schedule in Div 7. They have differently increased their SOS this year.
Old 10-12-15, 07:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
I know those ML teams very well believe me. Very good football teams. And would have loved to get a do-over for that 2001 debacle, we totally laid a huge egg in that game. But I won't get into that, because it makes me angry just thinking about it.

But do you think the kids that are playing now even remember seeing Mogadore play a MAC team? They will not be intimidated if that time comes. They will be ready. They have played a tough OTC schedule and will be ready. According to Drew Pasteur they have played the 9th toughest schedule in Div 7. They have differently increased their SOS this year.
Looking forward to watching a few teams this year,due to KENTON having a down year(ugh). In the past I couldnt make it due to KENTON being in the playoffs. Moagadore is one of the teams I will travel too watch. NOTING better then small town Football!! Best of luck the rest of the year!!!
Old 10-12-15, 07:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post

Minster plays a much tougher schedule (#3 out of 111). Ft. Recovery benefits a lot from not having to play Coldwater. Mogadore may be playing very good football, but there is a difference between very good small school football on this side of Ohio vs. very good small school football on Mogadore's side of Ohio.

EDIT: I just looked at Mogadore's schedule and they've beaten 1 team with a winning record.
Old 10-12-15, 07:39 PM
All Ohio

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=RAHRAH4KENTON;6280168]Other then CW losing their QB from last year. Im curious as to why you say they are not as good as last years team?

Because they don't have that qb from last season. Nothing against the current qb (because he is good) but Hoying was one of a kind.
Old 10-12-15, 09:03 PM
Freshman

Transplant Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Minster plays a much tougher schedule (#3 out of 111). Ft. Recovery benefits a lot from not having to play Coldwater. Mogadore may be playing very good football, but there is a difference between very good small school football on this side of Ohio vs. very good small school football on Mogadore's side of Ohio.

EDIT: I just looked at Mogadore's schedule and they've beaten 1 team with a winning record.
Last time i looked 4&3 or 6&1 are winning records. So Mogadore has beaten 2 teams with winning records just like Minster. so that leaves Ft. Recovery with only one win over a team with a winning record. So our great small school football is just as good as your great small school football! IMO so see you on the gridiron. Also good luck Ft Recovery like to see them win 26

Last edited by Transplant Wildcat; 10-12-15 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: wrong record should be 5&2
Old 10-12-15, 09:12 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
FYI: The "OHSAA confers" dont just give trophys to MAC teams. MAC teams earn them. What planet are you from?

Who is the "rest of us" you are talking about?

Maybe if Mogadore can make it to Columbus Mogadore will have a shot at a MAC team? History has not been to kind to Mogadore v/s a MAC team. just sayin.
I'm from planet Earth. It was meant as a compliment. I will not spend money when these divisions are not competitive. Until the rest of the small schools become competitive the trophies reside with the MAC. Earth signing off!
Old 10-12-15, 09:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant Wildcat View Post
Last time i looked 4&3 or 6&1 are winning records. So Mogadore has beaten 2 teams with winning records just like Minster. so that leaves Ft. Recovery with only one win over a team with a winning record. So our great small school football is just as good as your great small school football! IMO so see you on the gridiron. Also good luck Ft Recovery like to see them win 26
W1: W 42-13 H #449 Norton (2-5, D3 R7), pick: W by 25
W2: W 41-17 A #605 Gates Miles Gilmour (0-7, D5 R15), pick: W by 19
W3: L 18-26 A #218 Elyria Catholic (4-3, D5 R16), pick: W by 1
W4: W 33-7 H Wheeling Linsly [WV] (3-3, D6)
W5: W 42-21 H #381 Loudonville (3-4, D6 R19), pick: L by 1
W6: W 42-7 H #195 Mantua Crestwood (5-2, D4 R11), pick: W by 1
W7: W 38-0 A #530 Ravenna Southeast (1-6, D4 R11), pick: W by 27

????????????????????????
Old 10-13-15, 01:00 AM
Varsity

algernonsidney is on a distinguished road
I'll take McComb in D7. MSML will win D6. Coldwater will win D5.

This is who Calpreps has rated as #1. It's not even close for D5 and D6. Minster is a closed second in D7. Warren JFK might also win D7.
Old 10-13-15, 07:33 AM
All American

Quote:
W1: W 42-13 H #449 Norton (2-5, D3 R7), pick: W by 25
W2: W 41-17 A #605 Gates Miles Gilmour (0-7, D5 R15), pick: W by 19
W3: L 18-26 A #218 Elyria Catholic (4-3, D5 R16), pick: W by 1
W4: W 33-7 H Wheeling Linsly [WV] (3-3, D6)
W5: W 42-21 H #381 Loudonville (3-4, D6 R19), pick: L by 1
W6: W 42-7 H #195 Mantua Crestwood (5-2, D4 R11), pick: W by 1
W7: W 38-0 A #530 Ravenna Southeast (1-6, D4 R11), pick: W by 27

????????????????????????
Yeah and turnovers where the undoing of the cats in that game against Elyria Catholic. If those teams play 10 times Mogadore wins 7-8 of those games. If you look at how the teams have performed since that game Mogadore is clearly the better team. Any give friday as they say. But none the less keep sleeping on Mogadore. Just remember the last time they made the final they won.