Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-16-15, 10:21 AM
All American

RAHRAH4KENTON is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Whats the big deal about signing a minimum player to see if it pans out? more likely than not, he will be cut before the season starts

And there is no chance that the Bengals spend that kind of money on a high profile DT. They already have too much money invested in the DL. They need to either release some people, or sign veteran players to make up for the void. It would be idiotic to spend that kind of money on Suh
RB is the last position the Bengals need depth at. I think they need to bring in as many LBs and see how they pan out. As far as Suh sure they could sign him. Brown is a smart(debatable to bengal fans) business man. He could afford him. Chances are he wont. But that doesnt mean we cant talk about it here on Yappi. They needed to cut Peko a couple years ago.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-15, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

TheDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHRAH4KENTON View Post
RB is the last position the Bengals need depth at. I think they need to bring in as many LBs and see how they pan out. As far as Suh sure they could sign him. Brown is a smart(debatable to bengal fans) business man. He could afford him. Chances are he wont. But that doesnt mean we cant talk about it here on Yappi. They needed to cut Peco a couple years ago.
Im sure the Patriots thought that too before Ridley and Vereen went down. Whats wrong with having a decent RB3?? Or at least going to explore your options?

Yes, they should bring in linebackers, and I am sure they will. Whether that is with the draft or signing from free agency. It is still really early.

*Peko. And I think that you are seeing a downgrade in his production because he is often getting double teamed. Think of a few years back.. The OL had to worry about a healthy Atkins, a Michael Johnson on the outside and they had to worry about pulling off to get to the LBs in the second level. Now, you have a LB crew that is hardly seen the playing field from all these reoccurring injuries. You have a Atkins that has not looking like he did before the ACL. It is a lot easier to get 2 OL on a DT on every play, which is what he is being dealt with. I do agree that his production was down, but lets be serious. The whole DL's production is down.
Old 01-16-15, 10:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Im sure the Patriots thought that too before Ridley and Vereen went down. Whats wrong with having a decent RB3?? Or at least going to explore your options?

Yes, they should bring in linebackers, and I am sure they will. Whether that is with the draft or signing from free agency. It is still really early.

*Peko. And I think that you are seeing a downgrade in his production because he is often getting double teamed. Think of a few years back.. The OL had to worry about a healthy Atkins, a Michael Johnson on the outside and they had to worry about pulling off to get to the LBs in the second level. Now, you have a LB crew that is hardly seen the playing field from all these reoccurring injuries. You have a Atkins that has not looking like he did before the ACL. It is a lot easier to get 2 OL on a DT on every play, which is what he is being dealt with. I do agree that his production was down, but lets be serious. The whole DL's production is down.
I think the RBs we have are as good as we need. To me back up RBs are a dime a dozen. I see more pressing positions that need addressed sooner(lbs, dbs, d line, QB)? Maybe letting go of Johnson was a mistake? Yes the whole DL's play was sub par. I look back at letting Zimmer go as more of a negative impact on the D line as any one player?
Old 01-16-15, 10:48 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have nothing.
so, why FIRE SOFT LEWIS now ?
Old 01-16-15, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think the RBs we have are as good as we need. To me back up RBs are a dime a dozen. I see more pressing positions that need addressed sooner(lbs, dbs, d line, QB)? Maybe letting go of Johnson was a mistake? Yes the whole DL's play was sub par. I look back at letting Zimmer go as more of a negative impact on the D line as any one player?
Im not saying that RB is pressing because it is not, but I don't think there is anything wrong with signing a RB

But yes, I think when Zimmer left, there was an overall downgrade. Guenther looked like he was being VERY conservative this year when it came to pressuring the QB.. But how much of that was the formations and on the shoulders of the coaching staff? How much was that on the production of the players? I bet that question will be answered in this upcoming year.

I don't think they will go get another QB, but other than that, I agree with the LB, and DL. I really think that they need another OL though too.

First 4 rounds, I think they address DL, LB, and OL. At least I think that is what they should do.
Old 01-16-15, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Peko's whole purpose is to be getting doubled and occupy 2 guys. He's just not very good
Old 01-16-15, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
They need linebackers, then d-line then o-line. Late-round running back and safety. Replace the Hayes brothers.
Old 01-23-15, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

jtk can only hope to improve
read a mock where the bengals are taking a MLB with first pick.

jtk
()
Old 01-23-15, 02:31 PM
All Ohio

Patrice O'Neal is an unknown quantity at this point
A baseball player!? FIRE SOFT LEWIS NOW!!1!!111!1!!
Old 01-24-15, 12:27 AM
All Yappi

yes........

dumb, soft marvin! i hope he doesn't even attend the senior bowl tomorrow!

jtk
()
Old 01-26-15, 02:22 PM
All American

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ro-bowl-field/

Here is one of SOFT lewis's boys!

Here in Cincy we call it a deflated-arm-gate.
Old 01-26-15, 02:29 PM
Cooling Off

Shawn Kemps Kids is an unknown quantity at this point
What?
Old 01-26-15, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Thanks to Rodgers, Flacco, Brady and Manning not going. There was no reason for him to even be at the Pro Bowl. Mediocre QBs shouldn't be added to the roster.
Old 01-26-15, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ro-bowl-field/

Here is one of SOFT lewis's boys!

Here in Cincy we call it a deflated-arm-gate.
"Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton has turned into something of a national punching bag for his repeated struggles not just in the postseason, but in nationally televised games of any kind....,....

So it’s safe to say that Dalton’s reputation preceded him to Glendale, Ariz., site of Sunday’s Pro Bowl. Add in the Arizona crowd’s apparent interest in letting a number of targets hear its displeasure, unusual for the normally laid-back all-star game, and perhaps it’s not surprising that the quarterback’s desultory performance got him booed off the field."

Andy has Sky-Cam-a-phobia. Got to be it. Those wires mess him all up in the head.
Old 01-26-15, 06:54 PM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
Did anyone else say to themselves, why would Chris Carter pick Dalton and why would the head coach let him play the 4th qtr. He should have played in 2nd qtr and let Luck or Brees play the 4th. Even my son saw the score and said Carter's team is winning, so they haven't played Dalton yet have they? At least the Red Airsoft Rifle was consistant on giving games away on national telecasts.
Old 02-02-15, 11:32 PM
All Yappi

signed a huge OL today!

jtk
()
Old 02-27-15, 07:18 PM
All American

Blacknblue is on a distinguished road
Greg Little was released today.

Now he's going to make the State of Ohio pay!
Old 02-28-15, 09:04 PM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
They also released Robert Geathers who has definitely lost his mojo.
Old 03-02-15, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

Cincinnati reportedly hosting Jacoby Jones for a visit today. If they pick him up and get rid of Brandon Taint, this might be my favorite day of the offseason thus far
Old 03-02-15, 12:13 PM
Cooling Off

James Cramerica can only hope to improve
That would be a no-brainer swap.
Old 03-02-15, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

I don't see why they'd want Jacoby either. Pacman is upper echelon returning kicks, stop wasting roster spots on guys who suck at receiver and can only do that
Old 03-02-15, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

Though I do agree with you about Pacman being the best choice here, I am leaning toward Marvin's past in throwing him out there. In the past 3 years, Tate has had the majority of all returns. Pacman got about 50% last year, pretty much nothing in 2013 and about 50% in 2012. Just going with the recent past, Pacman will probably return about 50% of the time next year. Soooo would you rather have Taint returning the other times? Or Jacoby Jones?
Old 03-02-15, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Tate should be an auto cut he has no value. I'd rather just use someone on the team than throw money at Jacoby.
Old 03-04-15, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Gotta give Tait credit ,though. Dude was getting righteous bucks making fair catches.
Old 03-04-15, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

You are damn right about that. Here are some numbers comparing Taint and Pacman in punt returns.

Since 2010 (when Taint joined the NFL)

Punt Returns
Taint - 127
Pacman - 66

Fair Catches
Taint - 58
Pacman - 1

FC Percentage
Taint - 45.6%
Pacman - 1.5%
Old 03-04-15, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Do not know if it will work out; but have to give credit to the Bills for making trades: Shady for Kiko. straight up; trading a 5th & 7th for Cassel and a 6th.
Maybe the Bengals will sign Hardy.
Old 03-04-15, 10:59 PM
All American

lasalle9802 is on a distinguished road
What are the Eagles doing. Two years in a row you trade a pro bowl offensive player.. I would take a flyer on Hardy or Cole.
Old 03-05-15, 07:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You are damn right about that. Here are some numbers comparing Taint and Pacman in punt returns.

Since 2010 (when Taint joined the NFL)

Punt Returns
Taint - 127
Pacman - 66

Fair Catches
Taint - 58
Pacman - 1

FC Percentage
Taint - 45.6%
Pacman - 1.5%
TheDude appears to be lingering on Taint just a little too much
Old 03-05-15, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

Well Brandon Tate is just as useful to the organization as a smelly taint, both susceptible to catching things when in action.. But that's about it
Old 03-05-15, 09:16 AM
Cooling Off

Shawn Kemps Kids is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalle9802 View Post
What are the Eagles doing. Two years in a row you trade a pro bowl offensive player.. I would take a flyer on Hardy or Cole.
Gimme both