Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-19-14, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
maybe in New Orleans
Or St. Louis.
Old 05-19-14, 09:36 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Aww did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry! They lied to you at the country club, money can't buy class!

Quick riddle! There's a four way stop with a dollar in the middle of the intersection, on one side you have Santa, across from him is the Easter bunny, Katy corner to them is a pedophilloic priest and at the last road is a confirmed catholic faith having starting middle linebacker from Saint Vincent saint Mary. Who gets to the dollar first?
There are no country clubs where I went to high school in East Cleveland. John Adams high school is on E 116th street and Union Ave.

Dad was a union commercial roofer in the Local 44, never made more than 25K a year. I was raised by him in a single parent household with my sister who went to the same school and became a Cleveland Public school teacher herself.

If you are from Dover or New Philadelphia or wherever, that's the real country club bro. Man you talk about privilege... you wouldn't even survive there son. Know keep on posting like you are one of the downtrodden and I'll keep laughing.
Old 05-19-14, 09:46 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
on the cross, under the horse... same difference I guess.
Lol
Old 05-19-14, 10:05 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
You are a bigot and a classist. I hope you aren't in the business of educating kids anywhere.

I know plenty of people who send their kids to Catholic schools, and none of them belong to a country club. They do with less to pay the tuition because they want their kids at the Catholic school. My best friend sends four to Catholic schools and he works his rear end off to do it. To him, it's worth it.
You forgot to call me racist! And I hate to break it to you, but the private school is a country club! A lot of them even have the same dress code! One of them is an "exclusive" place you can go to get away from poor people and the other is a country club

And believe it or not I'm teaching a class this summer at an arts camp, they're only 5 to 7 years old but in between trying to get them to stay In the lines I will do my best to fill their heads with my theories! Hahahahahaha
Old 05-19-14, 10:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
There are no country clubs where I went to high school in East Cleveland. John Adams high school is on E 116th street and Union Ave.

Dad was a union commercial roofer in the Local 44, never made more than 25K a year. I was raised by him in a single parent household with my sister who went to the same school and became a Cleveland Public school teacher herself.

If you are from Dover or New Philadelphia or wherever, that's the real country club bro. Man you talk about privilege... you wouldn't even survive there son. Know keep on posting like you are one of the downtrodden and I'll keep laughing.

Sounds like a sweet movie of the week bro, call lifetime they love stories like yours!! Pro tip; throw in some cyber bullying and rape and the Emmys will be yours. Make the sister a half wit and you crippled and they might just make it into a feature length film. You have such a way with words I can already see the trailer. It would def start with something like "in a world where nobody believes in you, and all you have is each other," cue the music, maybe something upbeat like 'I got a pocket full of sunshine' Plays over the Montage. "From the director that brought you Rudy 2: Middle Management comes a story of one man, his family and their faith in each other..." More montage then Fade to black with that bwaaaaH sound thats in every trailer. Then Silence. and the movie title fades in, 'Livin on a Prayer' "in theaters and IMAX this fall"
Old 05-19-14, 10:31 AM
All American

Seriously are you just foolin with us because I don't know if you just told me your life story or if you just studied the 2nd verse of every Bruce Springsteen song ever and wanted to bring a hopeful tear to my eye!
Old 05-19-14, 10:37 AM
All American

You faking it at having a difficult life while growing up in the burbs in the middle of privilege is embarrassing. Please stop yourself. The lack of shame you display is laughable.

It sounds to me like some rich, private school kid bullied you as a child and you haven't gotten over it. Its really telling. but this is a forum and your are more than welcome to keep exposing yourself. Did they take your lunch money everyday? or just kick your arse every so often. Have you sought professional help at all?
Old 05-19-14, 12:39 PM
All District

Manyfeathers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's wrong is people pretending they aren't an entitled snob. They can't help it though, we know they're just a product of their environment.

Go to mass and you were told you get eternal salvation because you picked the right faith to practice. Go play sports against sub par competition and told you were a champion. Mommy and daddy Spend more on your primary education than most spend on their collegiate education and you can really feel that elitism start to sink in. Go to college where your peers are getting a mortgage with their degree but no house. No need to worry about that, by the time you get to college your parents have already paid the cost of two bachelors degrees and if all that high priced primary education didn't stick and you're not on scholarship no worries, you won the genetic lottery mommy and daddy got you, what's 40k more? Graduate with no debt and get a job with daddy's friends' connections. Slum it for a few years into a middle class neighborhood with mommy and daddy's help for that down payment, because you haven't worked except in the summer to fund your drinking and philandering. Until you've finally arrived! With that equity you've earned from mommy and daddy's graduation gift you manage to sell that nice starter home that you never really bought to re enter that gated community within a community in the nice development that has it's own name like Parkside, and By now you've already found another snob to make baby snobs with so you can repeat ad naseum.

Oh and then You can get an anonymous internet handle so you can cheer on all the other snobs and lecture the poor people about how they have to work harder to earn it, just like you did...
....or you can complain to the government saying that you are not getting your fair share of what others have.

And then get an anonymous internet handle and spew lies and hate.
Old 05-19-14, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Anyone else's mind less than blown that Journey spends his days with 5-7 year-old children?
Old 05-19-14, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Anyone else's mind less than blown that Journey spends his days with 5-7 year-old children?
right next to FWK
Old 05-19-14, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to see how this new competitive balance thing will transform losers into state champions. So exciting!
Old 05-19-14, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's wrong is people pretending they aren't an entitled snob. They can't help it though, we know they're just a product of their environment.

Go to mass and you were told you get eternal salvation because you picked the right faith to practice. Go play sports against sub par competition and told you were a champion. Mommy and daddy Spend more on your primary education than most spend on their collegiate education and you can really feel that elitism start to sink in. Go to college where your peers are getting a mortgage with their degree but no house. No need to worry about that, by the time you get to college your parents have already paid the cost of two bachelors degrees and if all that high priced primary education didn't stick and you're not on scholarship no worries, you won the genetic lottery mommy and daddy got you, what's 40k more? Graduate with no debt and get a job with daddy's friends' connections. Slum it for a few years into a middle class neighborhood with mommy and daddy's help for that down payment, because you haven't worked except in the summer to fund your drinking and philandering. Until you've finally arrived! With that equity you've earned from mommy and daddy's graduation gift you manage to sell that nice starter home that you never really bought to re enter that gated community within a community in the nice development that has it's own name like Parkside, and By now you've already found another snob to make baby snobs with so you can repeat ad naseum.

Oh and then You can get an anonymous internet handle so you can cheer on all the other snobs and lecture the poor people about how they have to work harder to earn it, just like you did...
Yep, everyone who's life is better than yours was handed everything they ever got. You're the only one on Earth who has ever earned anything.

Journey is one bitter dude. I'm guessing some private school kid stole his girlfriend back in high school.
Old 05-19-14, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

Oil Filter is an unknown quantity at this point
Your 2016 state champs:
D1: Ignatius
D2: TCC
D3: Mooney
D4: Ursuline
D5: Newark Catholic
D6: Kirtland
D7: MSML

Happy now?
Old 05-20-14, 01:24 AM
All American

lol you guys got a crush huh? Sorry boys You're not my type, but I'm flattered by all the attention!

Now let's hear from some more folks that were born on third but have convinced themselves they hit a triple! Hahahahahaha
Old 05-20-14, 01:37 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
If ignorance is bliss, Journey must live in constant ecstasy.
Old 05-20-14, 06:22 AM
All American

We all figured him out. Private school school kids took his lunch money as a child and beat him up all the time, then when he was older they took his girlfriend, later on in highschool his highschool marching band lost to a private school in a band competition, he then had to go to a state community college until he got bullied again. In his professional life he keeps getting passed by for promotions by private school graduates. His dreams of a better life have been squashed by the evil empire of private school graduates. Being relagated to the position of head gas station attendant has left him bitter.
Old 05-20-14, 06:45 AM
All American

hoodrat is on a distinguished road
These " hot button" topics sure have a way of bringing out the best in everyone.
Old 05-20-14, 06:58 AM
All American

THEWOLF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
These " hot button" topics sure have a way of bringing out the best in everyone.
and only a short 898 days to go
Old 05-20-14, 07:03 AM
Junior Varsity

InLancWeTrust is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now let's hear from some more folks that were born on third but have convinced themselves they hit a triple! Hahahahahaha

RIGHT ON! After reading this thread, this comment sums up a lot of poster's attitudes on here as well as the whole private vs. public debate.

What gets lost in this is it isn't every Private school who takes advantage of the system. Schools like Canton Central Catholic do stuff the right way. This new rule is for the Mooneys and Ursulines and even public schools who have taken advantage of this situation (Steubenville, Massillon). Those are the schools who were born on third base and act like they hit a triple when they win state titles in divisions they shouldn't be in. And judging by the posts on here we have a lot of posters who have that attitude as well which means I'm probably opening myself up to being attacked as well.

This rule is a step in the right direction and hopefully a start of a permanent fix to the problem.

Last edited by InLancWeTrust; 05-20-14 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-20-14, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLancWeTrust View Post

RIGHT ON! After reading this thread, this comment sums up a lot of poster's attitudes on here as well as the whole private vs. public debate.

What gets lost in this is it isn't every Private school who takes advantage of the system. Schools like Canton Central Catholic do stuff the right way. This new rule is for the Mooneys and Ursulines and even public schools who have taken advantage of this situation (Steubenville, Massillon). Those are the schools who were born on third base and act like they hit a triple when they win state titles in divisions they shouldn't be in. And judging by the posts on here we have a lot of posters who have that attitude as well which means I'm probably opening myself up to being attacked as well.
Therein lies the problem. The Juice Boxers want to upend an entire system, penalizing hundreds of schools in the process, because there are a half dozen schools out of 700+ that they can't beat. Solid logic.

Quote:
This rule is a step in the right direction and hopefully a start of a permanent fix to the problem.
I still laugh when I see you people claiming that a "fix to the problem" even exists. It doesn't. Sorry.
Old 05-20-14, 07:53 AM
All American

Quote:

Look how it went down. It took some guy from Wayne county and a threat of separation. Non-publics came kicking and screaming thinking they deserve and are entitled to a competitive advantage. I've listened to 42 years of chest thumping from the non-publics deny that the advantage existed.
Old 05-20-14, 07:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Therein lies the problem. The Juice Boxers want to upend an entire system, penalizing hundreds of schools in the process, because there are a half dozen schools out of 700+ that they can't beat. Solid logic.

I still laugh when I see you people claiming that a "fix to the problem" even exists. It doesn't. Sorry.
I laugh because you think you know better then half the member of OHSAA and you know about 1/2 that voted no didn't think OHSAA went far enough.

nice touch on the "You people" lol
Old 05-20-14, 08:07 AM
Junior Varsity

InLancWeTrust is on a distinguished road
Old 05-20-14, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWOLF View Post
Look how it went down. It took some guy from Wayne county and a threat of separation. Non-publics came kicking and screaming thinking they deserve and are entitled to a competitive advantage. I've listened to 42 years of chest thumping from the non-publics deny that the advantage existed.
So what are you going to complain about when the teams that are winning are still winning? Public or private. Some, like svsm aren't going up. D1 won't change.

But you can't answer my question.....what will this do for the 200 or so bad teams? How will it make them good? Because CBP won't fix the lack of commitment from the players or their families. CBP won't fix the revolving door of coaches. CBP won't fix sub par coaching abilities. CBP won't fix anything that makes these schools bad at football. So for them CBP will never "level the playing field". From their perspective, it will always be tilted against them. But you don't care....as long as you stop Mooney or ursuline, you're happy.
Old 05-20-14, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

"Born on third, think they hit a triple" is a nice phrase used by bitter, jealous people.

Welcome to yappi! Wolf and journey are the leaders of the bitter, jealous club. Enjoy your stay.
Old 05-20-14, 10:37 AM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is typical my life sucks because everyone else is holding me down BS. Your life is what you make of it. If your life sucks that's because you were complacent. Me and my wife basically have two mortgage payments every month because we have so much money tied up in student loans. But guess what, we both have masters degrees (which we payed for ourselves) and our living in a nice home and have two beautiful kids. We have made this for ourselves, through our faith, and with the occasional help from our parents in helping us watch the kids while we attended graduate school.

So you are saying if I decided to send me kids to a private elementary school that would make me an elitist snob, just because your parents didn't do that for you? Makes no sense.

Keep blaming everyone else for your shortcomings, see where that gets you. The power of the human mind is a crazy thing and your is working to your detriment. Change your negative outlook into a positive one and things will start to change. But if you continue down this negative road all you will have to look forward too is posting on Yappi.
Old 05-20-14, 10:43 AM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
"Born on third, think they hit a triple" is a nice phrase used by bitter, jealous people.

Welcome to yappi! Wolf and journey are the leaders of the bitter, jealous club. Enjoy your stay.
The world seems to be in the process of being taken over by people who think the world owes them something. Like the OHSAA owes my school a state championship trophy so they better legislate laws to make this happen. I used to be in favor for competitive balance, but after hearing from the kind of people that are on that side of the argument I have changed my stance. I have never heard so much whining and poor me excuses in my entire life. It's sad what this world is coming to.
Old 05-20-14, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Filter View Post
Your 2016 state champs:
D1: Ignatius
D2: TCC
D3: Mooney
D4: Ursuline
D5: Newark Catholic
D6: Kirtland
D7: MSML

Happy now?
They'll never be happy.... that's what they'll never realize.
Old 05-20-14, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Old 05-20-14, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWOLF View Post
I laugh because you think you know better then half the member of OHSAA and you know about 1/2 that voted no didn't think OHSAA went far enough.

nice touch on the "You people" lol