Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-13-13, 10:23 PM
InTheDarke InTheDarke is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-22-10
Location: Southern Darke County
Posts: 1,146
InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
2007 D1 - Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller 43, Cincinnati St. Xavier 40

How did this happen? How could these two be in different regions? I know lines have to be drawn somewhere, but this seems weird.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-14-13, 08:17 AM
MassillonMatt MassillonMatt is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-01
Location: Massillon
Posts: 212
MassillonMatt
I know they have changed the regional Assignments in the last couple of years,but in 2007 one of the Cincinnati District winners went to the Columbus regional. So both Moller and X won the regional and they where on opposite sides of the Bracket for the Final 4. If i remember correctly X beat Glenoak which had Kosta Koufus in one Semi,and Moller beat St Eds which had Delvon Roe that year in the other Semi.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-14-13, 09:36 AM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,485
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
2007 D1 - Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller 43, Cincinnati St. Xavier 40

How did this happen? How could these two be in different regions? I know lines have to be drawn somewhere, but this seems weird.
This happens (1 of the 5 districts in SWO) is assigned to the Columbus
Regional (1 district from SWO + 3 districts from C-bus). Both the SWO and
C-bus districts are 'super' (they seed across all the teams) and thus a team
gets to chose which bracket they want.

Out of area (Columbus) teams that played in the Columbus Regional

1999 East Liverpool (E/SE)
2000 McKinley (NEO)
2001 Zanesville (E/SEO)
2002 Centerville (SWO)
2003 Centerville (SWO)
2004 Moeller (SWO)
2005 Moeller (SWO)
2006 Elder (SWO)
2007 Moeller (SWO)
2008 Trotwood-Madison (SWO)
2009 St.Xavier (SWO)
2010 Colerain (SWO)
2011 Lakota East (SWO)
2012 McKinley (NEO)
2013 Timken (NEO)

Going way back...

1962 Lima Sr. (NWO)
1964 McKinley (NEO)

In 1961 A Columbus district winner was assigned to
the Canton regional (Portsmouth) - how would you like
to make that drive (Interstates not complete).
:>---

Other places along the route...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-17-13, 05:19 PM
fisher MAN fisher MAN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-24-12
Posts: 253
fisher MAN is on a distinguished road
I'm seeing a whole lot of GCL teams on this list (stopped counting at 25 once it got too taxing on my old eyes). What league has the most state champions/runner ups?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-20-14, 09:35 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,224
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
The players that Bob Seggerson referred to in his article were all homegrown Lima Kids, no move-ins. From the lists above they were:

AP Mr. Basketball :
1991 - Greg Simpson - Lima Senior
1992 - Greg Simpson - Lima Senior
1994 - Aaron Hutchins - Lima Central Catholic
2004 - Jamar Butler - Lima Shawnee

HS Coaches Association Mr Basketball :
1992 - Greg Simpson - Lima Senior
2004 - Jamar Butler - Lima Shawnee

Player Of The Year Award
1965 - Jeff Miller - Lima Shawnee
1971 - Joe Fisher - Lima Central Catholic

For a town the size of Lima, that's an admirable representation.

JB
Indeed it is!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-21-14, 04:25 PM
Tesoro Tesoro is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-13
Posts: 612
Tesoro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
I remember Bob Patton Jr., played guard at Liberty. Great player. I believe they had the record for longest regular season winning streak in Trumbull County until McDonald tied it or beat it by one game a few years ago. His dad was his coach there then went on to coach the Youngstown Pride. That was a fun little professional league. I believe it had a height limit. Something like 6'4" and under. If memory serves me right Mario Ellie played on that team who went on to play for the San Antonio Spurs.
Remember him well...Bobby Hoying shut him down in the second half at the state final game...St. Henry went on to a convincing state title. win.

Patton was launching 3 balls (and making them)....until St.Henry put Hoying on him.

Where did he end up?

Last edited by Tesoro; 01-21-14 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-21-14, 05:57 PM
Johnstown Benny Johnstown Benny is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-06-07
Posts: 782
Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesoro View Post
Remember him well...Bobby Hoying shut him down in the second half at the state final game...St. Henry went on to a convincing state title. win.

Patton was launching 3 balls (and making them)....until St.Henry put Hoying on him.

Where did he end up?
Tesoro,

I was also at that St Henry / Youngstown Liberty game. Bobby Hoying was terrific that game as was the entire St Henry team. As good as Bobby Hoying was in football at Ohio State, I still believe he could have played D1 college basketball at a very high level, one of the best natural athletes I've ever seen at the hs level.

As far as former Mr Basketball, Bobby Patton Jr. he played at Stanford, but I think he transferred to Northern Florida in either his jr or sr year at Stanford.
Northern Florida was not a D1 school at that time and was just getting their basketball program underway around the time he transferred there. I think they were a NAIA school at the time he transferred, but are NCAA members now. Don't know what his stats were at Northern Florida.

I can remember winning a bar bet a few years ago by knowing that Patton was Mr Basketball right after Jimmy Jackson and just before Greg Simpson.

JB
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-22-14, 08:17 AM
Tesoro Tesoro is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-13
Posts: 612
Tesoro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
Tesoro,

I was also at that St Henry / Youngstown Liberty game. Bobby Hoying was terrific that game as was the entire St Henry team. As good as Bobby Hoying was in football at Ohio State, I still believe he could have played D1 college basketball at a very high level, one of the best natural athletes I've ever seen at the hs level.

As far as former Mr Basketball, Bobby Patton Jr. he played at Stanford, but I think he transferred to Northern Florida in either his jr or sr year at Stanford.
Northern Florida was not a D1 school at that time and was just getting their basketball program underway around the time he transferred there. I think they were a NAIA school at the time he transferred, but are NCAA members now. Don't know what his stats were at Northern Florida.

I can remember winning a bar bet a few years ago by knowing that Patton was Mr Basketball right after Jimmy Jackson and just before Greg Simpson.

JB
Thanks for your reply! I too have said many, many times that Bobby could have played Div 1 ball somewhere. He could shoot the lights out and jump!...he had 54 dunks during his HS career...(and back in 90-91...that was pretty impressive for a white guy). There has been and will be few teams as good as the 90-91 St. Henry Redskins...they had it all that year.

I don't think I could name any of the other players on the Liberty Benton team (maybe a Richards) but I will always remember Patton....
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-24-14, 11:46 AM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,431
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Tragic Superstar
Pre 3point era
38 points 14 reb 11asst
http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/sp...-well-a/nMqWf/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-25-14, 04:56 PM
Scipio Scipio is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-11-01
Posts: 653
Scipio is on a distinguished road
How good must Roman Sato have been to beat out Lebron for Mr.Basketball is freshman year?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-26-14, 12:28 AM
Henry37 Henry37 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-12-02
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,173
Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
How good must Roman Sato have been to beat out Lebron for Mr.Basketball is freshman year?
LeBron as a freshman was a good player but was very much growing into his arms and legs and was dominant only in stretches. It was the next year that he grew and the hype machine took off.

A coaches association Mr. Basketball...never knew it existed or was acknowledged.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-26-14, 09:05 AM
Scipio Scipio is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-11-01
Posts: 653
Scipio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry37 View Post
LeBron as a freshman was a good player but was very much growing into his arms and legs and was dominant only in stretches. It was the next year that he grew and the hype machine took off.

A coaches association Mr. Basketball...never knew it existed or was acknowledged.
That's not the way I'd be telling the story..."Hey baby, did I tell you 'bout the time I beat out Lebron for Mt.Basketball?"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-05-14, 08:02 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,317
Raymo is on a distinguished road
* Canton McKinley's current # thru 2013 season = 1,802


(FWIW / McKinley is the only school in the nation that is in the top 10 in both Basketball and
Football All-Time wins)

This is pretty impressive,well to some of us.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-06-14, 11:06 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,317
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
How good must Roman Sato have been to beat out Lebron for Mr.Basketball is freshman year?
How good was he and how did he end up?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-14, 01:45 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,207
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
How good was he and how did he end up?
Sato was a stud in high school and college. Had incredible range and athleticism. I remember watching him play a high school game and pulling up literally 8-10 feet behind the 3 pt arc time and time again and nailing them. Has had a successful career playing over seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romain_Sato
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-09-14, 07:16 PM
edge41 edge41 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-20-03
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 2,065
edge41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross football fan View Post
Give it up for the 1945 Bellevue "whiz kids" Redmen. Finished 25-0 by beating Massillon and Middletown on the same day. And Middletown was the dynasty in the 40s-50s.
Yep, That was right at the beginning of the Middies "dynasty era". I think its impressive that the Middies still have the most state championships and their last one was in 1957. In a 12 year span, from 1944 to 1957, they won 7 championships. They have had many, many good teams since then, with a few runner up finishes. Hamilton, the Middies chief rival has 4. During the Middies best years, Hamilton was probably the second best team in the state. 2 of their 4 championships were won during the 12 year Middies run.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-09-14, 07:46 PM
edge41 edge41 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-20-03
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 2,065
edge41
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrocket03 View Post
There was a piece in the Lima News the other day written by longtime LCC coach Bob Seggerson about some of the kids playing in this past weekends Elida Tip Off Classic. In the piece Seggerson mentioned how one time an ACC asst. coach asked him what was in the water in Lima, Ohio to produce so many talented guards. the above list(s) confirm this question. not a small town but comparatively Lima has to have more POY's / Mr. Basketball per capita than any other local.
I think the cities of Lima and Middletown are pretty similar in many many ways. That would include their POY numbers.

1954 Owen Lawson Middletown
1956 Jerry Lucas Middletown
1957 Jerry Lucas Middletown
1958 Jerry Lucas Middletown
1968 John Fraley Middletown
1973 Archie Aldridge Middletown
1976 Butch Carter Middletown
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-11-14, 02:28 PM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,485
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross football fan View Post
Give it up for the 1945 Bellevue "whiz kids" Redmen. Finished 25-0 by beating Massillon and Middletown on the same day. And Middletown was the dynasty in the 40s-50s.
Middletown defeated Canton McKinley (Massillon's arch rival) in the other
State Semi-final to get to the Championship game.

1945 Semis...

Bellevue 47 / 44 Massillon
Middletown 29 / 28 Can.McKinley

1945 Title game...

Bellevue 36 / 34 Middletown

:>---

I went on a dinosaur dig once...
all I found was coprolite.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-11-14, 02:31 PM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,485
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Did you know...

1923 Tournament (OHSAA's 1st)...

There were 32 teams playing twin sets of games on the
same day in Columbus; 16 Class A (large school) and
16 Class B (small school). Winning teams played 2
games per day.

That the teams were seeded by coaches vote.

That the teams were housed as guests in various Frat Houses
at Ohio State.

That the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round games were not regulation
length but progressively longer. Only the Championship
games were full length games.

That Lorain (aka Lorain Sr.) won the first OHSAA big school
(Class A) tournament and never made it back to the Final-4 since.
Also true of Class B Champion Plattsburg.

That Archbold - the states 2nd winningest program played in the
1923 tournament and has yet to win a title.

That Canton McKinley, the most prolific tournament team
wasn't in the 1st Sweet-16.

:>---

I went on a dinosaur dig once...
all I found was coprolite.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-11-14, 03:04 PM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,485
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Did you know...

The format from the Sweet-16 tournament falls under the control
of the OHSAA Central Office. District tournaments are run by
the 6 separate OHSAA district boards.

That for a few years only 8 (at least once: 9) teams per class advanced
to 'Columbus', and then back to 16 per class. With the onset of
WW-II and gas rationing (1942) the Regional format that we see today
was adopted.

That Canton McKinley advanced to the State Tournament 19 times finishing
State Runner-up 7 times (thus was dubbed 'Always the Bridesmaid but never
the Bride) before winning it's 1st title on it's 20th try in 1984. To date the
Bulldogs have appeared in 11 title games (a state record), winning 3 Titles;
with 8 times as State Runner-up in 23 Final-4s (also a State Record).

:>---

I went on a dinosaur dig once...
all I found was coprolite.

Last edited by ohiopup; 02-11-14 at 04:56 PM. Reason: (*&4443-2x11&%& Yappi gremlin
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-14-14, 10:06 AM
dadXgtm dadXgtm is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-22-10
Posts: 411
dadXgtm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Did you know...

1923 Tournament (OHSAA's 1st)...

There were 32 teams playing twin sets of games on the
same day in Columbus; 16 Class A (large school) and
16 Class B (small school). Winning teams played 2
games per day.

That the teams were seeded by coaches vote.

That the teams were housed as guests in various Frat Houses
at Ohio State.

That the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round games were not regulation
length but progressively longer. Only the Championship
games were full length games.

That Lorain (aka Lorain Sr.) won the first OHSAA big school
(Class A) tournament and never made it back to the Final-4 since.
Also true of Class B Champion Plattsburg.

That Archbold - the states 2nd winningest program played in the
1923 tournament and has yet to win a title.

That Canton McKinley, the most prolific tournament team
wasn't in the 1st Sweet-16.

:>---

I went on a dinosaur dig once...
all I found was coprolite.
Do you have a list of the teams that played?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-14-14, 09:15 PM
Scipio Scipio is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-11-01
Posts: 653
Scipio is on a distinguished road
How can the Steel Valley (Ytown/Warren area) play such great football...and yet have such lousy Basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-15-14, 02:13 AM
cphslFan cphslFan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-01
Location: Cincinnati,Ohio
Posts: 2,068
cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncle View Post
How about that run by Cin. NCH with 3 straight titles?? No one could stop Mayo and Walker.
Mayo and Walker played on the first two teams. The 3rd team was special in a good way by overcoming the loss of the two stars.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-17-14, 04:45 AM
Cantrell Cantrell is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-14-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,769
Cantrell
Mayo and Walker lost to Reading there 1st year. won the next 2 and left. NCH lost 3 games in 3 years Reading, St. X and Oak Hill acad. When Mayo, Walker and Ellis played together they never lost a game.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-14, 08:50 AM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,485
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadXgtm View Post
Do you have a list of the teams that played?
OHSAA TOURNAMENT 1923

(information garnered from Col.Dispatch/Col.Citizens Journal)

16 teams from each Class - A (Big school) and B (Small School)

Admission: Preliminaries 25 cents / Finals 50 cents.

District (Sectional site)

4 teams (2 Class A and 2 Class B) from each of these qualifying sites...
Central (Delaware), SWO (Miami), East (Zanesville)
NWO-East (Tiffin), NWO-West (Defiance), South (Athens),
NEO-South (Akron-Goodyear Gym), NEO-North (Cleveland)



OHSAA Officials deemed that game lengths would be,
Round 1 games: 12 minute halves
Round 2 games: 14 minute halves
Round 3 games: 15 minute halves
Round 4 games: 8 minute quarters

Round 1 & Round 2 games were played Friday
Round 3 & Round 4 games were play Saturday

For each Round; Class B games were played prior to Class A games.

- - - - -

Class A:

Round 1: @ O.S.U. Gym
15 Lorain
13 Ada

20 Marietta
14 Cin.Norwood

13(OT) Alliance
12(OT) Day.Steele

14 Col.South
10 Washington C.H.

23 Bellevue
2 Nelsonville

10 E.Liverpool
2 Bowling Green

20 Col.West
9 Stryker

20 Ytn.Rayen
7 Clv.St.Ignatius

Round 2: @ O.S.U. Gym
26 Lorain
18 Marietta

26 Alliance
18 Col.South

19 Bellevue
15 E.Liverpool

13 Col.West
9 Ytn.Rayen

Round 3 - State Semi-Finals (Final-4):
Site - O.S.U. Gym
19 Lorain
11 Alliance

19 Bellevue
11 Col.West

Round 4 - State Finals:
Site - State Fairgrounds Coliseum
15 Lorain
14 Bellevue

- - - - - -

Class B:

Round 1: @ O.S.U. Gym
15 Gallipolis
8 Frankford

29 Archbold
12 Struthers

19 Berlin Hgts.
17 Shadyside

19 Bellpoint
6 Columbiana

17 Wellsville
12 Blufton

23 Plattsburg
16 Berlin Centralized

26 West Unity
17 Amherst

0 Berea (Forfeit)
2 Bradford


Round 2: @ O.S.U. Gym
12 Gallipolis
11 (OT) Archbold

11 Bellpoint
9 Berlin Hgts.

18 Plattsburg
17 Wellsville

13 West Unity
12 Bradford

Round 3 - State Semi-Finals (Final-4):
Site - O.S.U. Gym
18 Bellpoint
7 Gallipolis

29 Plattsburg
11 West Unity

Round 4 - State Finals:
Site - State Fairgrounds Coliseum
16 Plattsburg
15 Bellpoint

- - - - -- --

All Star Teams selected by tournament officials
G=guard / C=Center / F=Forward)

Class A:
1st team...
_ (F) Agler - Bellevue
_ (F) Grendow - Lorain
_ (C) Mitchell - Bellevue
_ (G) Butler - Ytn.Rayen
_ (G) Cline - Col.West

2nd team...
_ (F) Stewart - Col.West
_ (F) Harlow - Day.Steele
_ (C) Hawkins - Ytn.Rayen
_ (G) Ross - Lorain
_ (G) Wright - Bellevue

Class B:
1st team...
_ (F) Garrett - Plattsburg
_ (F) McMillen - Bellpoint
_ (C) Geesey - West Unity
_ (G) Freshwater - Bellpoint
_ (G) Farrish - Plattsburg

2nd team...
_ (F) Watson - Bellpoint
_ (F) Corn - Gallipolis
_ (C) Elzy - Berlin Hgts.
_ (G) Frobe - Bradford
_ (G) Radebaugh - West Unity

- - -- --

NOTES...

No reason was published regarding the forfeit.
No first names were published.

Awards...
Winning team Individual awards furnished by Columbus Rotary Club
Class A - gold basketballs (unknown if pin or trophy)
Class B - gold 'Waldemere' charms
Team Awards furnished by Ohio State University Athletic Association,
Plaques for Champions and Runner-ups


:>---
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-21-14, 03:23 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 4,317
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Sato was a stud in high school and college. Had incredible range and athleticism. I remember watching him play a high school game and pulling up literally 8-10 feet behind the 3 pt arc time and time again and nailing them. Has had a successful career playing over seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romain_Sato
Thank you,very interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-21-14, 06:16 PM
BlackHawk BlackHawk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 3,552
BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Sato was a stud in high school and college. Had incredible range and athleticism. I remember watching him play a high school game and pulling up literally 8-10 feet behind the 3 pt arc time and time again and nailing them. Has had a successful career playing over seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romain_Sato
In high school, Sato was a the proverbial "man among boys". He was the real deal.

His height was the problem at the NBA level. He was kind of a "tweener" but he flourished in Europe.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-03-14, 09:54 AM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,172
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Lebron had a very good freshman yr. in HS. Sato was dominant as a Sr. Think he may have been 21 yrs old.
Ohio is a great basketball state. Lima has produced many dominant guards and each area has great players from past. In the big school division SW Ohio is the best. The cities of Dayton and Cincinnati have multiple tough leagues. No offense to Cleveland because they are also top notch with mix of public private schools that play great HS basketball. Columbus also is right there with many top teams.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-11-14, 07:33 PM
Nature Boy Nature Boy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-24-03
Posts: 426
Nature Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
Tesoro,

I was also at that St Henry / Youngstown Liberty game. Bobby Hoying was terrific that game as was the entire St Henry team. As good as Bobby Hoying was in football at Ohio State, I still believe he could have played D1 college basketball at a very high level, one of the best natural athletes I've ever seen at the hs level.

As far as former Mr Basketball, Bobby Patton Jr. he played at Stanford, but I think he transferred to Northern Florida in either his jr or sr year at Stanford.
Northern Florida was not a D1 school at that time and was just getting their basketball program underway around the time he transferred there. I think they were a NAIA school at the time he transferred, but are NCAA members now. Don't know what his stats were at Northern Florida.

I can remember winning a bar bet a few years ago by knowing that Patton was Mr Basketball right after Jimmy Jackson and just before Greg Simpson.

JB
I am sure there could have been a number reasons, but who leaves Stanford at that point for freakin' Northern Florida? Doesn't education count for anything?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-11-14, 07:34 PM
Nature Boy Nature Boy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-24-03
Posts: 426
Nature Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Lebron had a very good freshman yr. in HS. Sato was dominant as a Sr. Think he may have been 21 yrs old.
Ohio is a great basketball state. Lima has produced many dominant guards and each area has great players from past. In the big school division SW Ohio is the best. The cities of Dayton and Cincinnati have multiple tough leagues. No offense to Cleveland because they are also top notch with mix of public private schools that play great HS basketball. Columbus also is right there with many top teams.
Somehow I doubt that. Though LeQuit looked close to it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Competitive Balance Referendum Passes Yappi Football 441 09-16-16 02:16 PM
Fostoria D-3 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 13 12-17-15 07:18 AM
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings McClearn7 Wrestling 18 12-10-15 03:27 PM
Troy D-3 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 3 12-01-15 01:09 AM
Mansfield D-2 District Preview 2014-2015 McClearn7 Wrestling 6 11-07-14 01:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz