Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-24-16, 02:06 PM
joe51391 joe51391 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 57
joe51391 is on a distinguished road
It's kinda f'ed up that a kid at our school gets a 10 game suspension for smoking e-cigarettes but kids from TV get to hold other kids down and force their junk in their face and they only get 8 games. To top it off if it had been 9 games they would've missed flying to the hoop tournament. Goes to show what they really care about at that school. Go get that title!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-26-16, 03:22 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,316
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
The coach is the superintendent too I believe.

He really needs to step out of the way and not be involved with the investigation at all. He clearly has a conflict of interest here.
St.Henry use to have a policy if you were a coach you could not be a superintendent ( do not have that policy anymore). I wish all schools had that policy. Keeps a head coach from having too much power.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-26-16, 07:21 PM
bmss17 bmss17 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 142
bmss17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
St.Henry use to have a policy if you were a coach you could not be a superintendent ( do not have that policy anymore). I wish all schools had that policy. Keeps a head coach from having too much power.
Many schools in NEO have a policy where if you are an administrator of any kind (Central Office, Principal, etc.) then you cannot coach. Now, those districts are generally bigger, therefore have more employees. A lot of districts who have administrators coach are in desperate need because they don't have the numbers.

As an administrator, there is NO WAY I would ever coach a sport...way too much negative can come out of it. When I got my job, a coach in another district asked me to coach (not basketball) with him, and I couldn't say no fast enough. Take away from the time commitment (most admins are required to be in their building until 4pm), but the extra coverages are a bear, not to mention the politics that will surely come in to play.

This is just such a bad look for this Superintendent...and puts everyone (AD, principal, community members) in an impossible spot.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-08-17, 10:03 PM
wheatfield32 wheatfield32 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-04
Location: county
Posts: 655
wheatfield32
unbelievable - all players back playing after a 4 game suspension.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-09-17, 12:43 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 760
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
unbelievable - all players back playing after a 4 game suspension.
What a joke
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-09-17, 09:41 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,226
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
unbelievable - all players back playing after a 4 game suspension.
They didn't even stick with the 8 game suspension? Guess they didn't like the losses mounting up.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-11-17, 07:52 PM
Champ Kind Champ Kind is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-01-10
Posts: 256
Champ Kind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
unbelievable - all players back playing after a 4 game suspension.
Time off for good behavior?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-12-17, 10:07 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,226
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
Time off for good behavior?
Time off to get tuned up before flying to the hoop is more like it. Sags setting a great example.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-16-17, 02:44 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,468
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
So Juan Ford a former star player at Wayne, his senior season got caught with his girlfriend by her mother(walked in on them) while they were doing what couples do. She called the police and filed raped charges on Ford. Her daughter gave consent to the behavior however she was 15 and he was 17 and got charged with rape and actually did some jail time. The sad part is his future was done. All that for a natural act of love between 2 people and nothing was forced. Imagine his life now, and these TV kids still have the oppurtunity to succeed and prosper in life after committing a far worse act.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-16-17, 03:09 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,226
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefootball10 View Post
So you can forcibly rub your junk in someone face and if you say you didn't enjoy it your off scott free with only an 8 game suspension?

One of the articles expressed concern for the safety of the victims if they spoke about it.
I understand there was also some penetration with a foreign object involved with at least one of the victims.

But at least they had a good showing at Flying to the Hoop! SMH
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-16-17, 06:45 PM
IVCguy IVCguy is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-18-16
Posts: 145
IVCguy is on a distinguished road
I hate to hear this stuff. But it seems to happen where males come together in a group. The older/bigger are "leaders" with some degree of authority given to them or taken by them, and they use it to abuse. For some reason there is a lot of homosexual slurs used in that setting, and sometimes it gets extended to actions that the perpetrators, I sense, think of as a prank, not sexual assault. I lived through it and most guys I know did, but I'm talking about words, not sexual assault. Kids also have this thing where it's like Vegas: what happens between us, stays between us. Adults aren't to be told or involved - and that's a big part of the problem.

Some questioned the school doing an investigation when law enforcement was doing one already. Law enforcement does a criminal investigation, and cannot share with the school what their evidence is. If something happened on school property or under school supervision, then the school has to find out what happened in order to hand out school discipline. The school will typically share with law enforcement what they find, but it doesn't work the other direction.

The school has to protect the privacy rights of minors, they don't know what the criminal investigation is revealing, and law enforcement isn't going to say anything until charges are filed. And even then, if the charges will be dealt with in juvenile court, not every fact is available. That information gap tends to get filled in with internet chatter that always involves unsubstantiated gossip, lies, exaggerations, half-truths, and the like. So, one needs to be careful about what they believe - even if it's in the newspaper, but especially if it's on social media. Often the truth is much less salacious than the gossip.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-16-17, 08:16 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 760
yakyak is on a distinguished road
This will over shawdow the undeated state championship. From now on, its hazing first quality on court program second.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-21-17, 01:13 AM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 45,353
Yappi will become famous soon enough
No charges in Tri-Village basketball team invesitgation

Quote:
After review of a lengthy report prepared by the Darke County Sheriff’s Office and discussions with officers, alleged victims, their family members and others, I have determined that it is not in the interests of justice to file any charges,” said R. Kelly Ornsby, III
Read more:
http://wdtn.com/2017/01/20/no-charge...invesitgation/
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-21-17, 07:44 AM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,418
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Not in the interest of Justice? I think that is another way of saying "we can expect such actions out of this subculture of society. Namely , young men who want to push the edges of sexual boundaries and do so as a way to intimidate. ."

The old boys will be boys claim. Well done Darke County.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-21-17, 09:53 AM
Audience Member Audience Member is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-19-13
Posts: 26
Audience Member is on a distinguished road
Now that the investigation is over, I feel it is time to set the record straight. Everything that you posters think you know, have "heard" and have posted is completely false. And no, I'm not going into detail because it is not any of your business. The only true statement was that Mr. Sagester is Superintendent and Coach (and he is damn good at both) and yes TV had a good showing at Flying to the Hoop. Most of you posters have always said bad things concerning TV because of you hate the program because they win. But to post lies and rumors is unacceptable. Worry about your own schools, and yes I have heard rumors regarding them, but I don't post rumors and made up stories. And by the way, the only people who call Mr. Sagester "Sags" are his friends, and that you are not. Yappi, I believe it is time to close this thread down. This is not a place to spread "rumors" and bash kids.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-21-17, 10:22 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Fan of Eagle
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 19,542
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Many Prosecutors from very different communities and backgrounds have declined to prosecute for tea-bagging, so this does not have to be an indictment of Darke County.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-21-17, 03:09 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,405
Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audience Member View Post
Now that the investigation is over, I feel it is time to set the record straight. Everything that you posters think you know, have "heard" and have posted is completely false. And no, I'm not going into detail because it is not any of your business. The only true statement was that Mr. Sagester is Superintendent and Coach (and he is damn good at both) and yes TV had a good showing at Flying to the Hoop. Most of you posters have always said bad things concerning TV because of you hate the program because they win. But to post lies and rumors is unacceptable. Worry about your own schools, and yes I have heard rumors regarding them, but I don't post rumors and made up stories. And by the way, the only people who call Mr. Sagester "Sags" are his friends, and that you are not. Yappi, I believe it is time to close this thread down. This is not a place to spread "rumors" and bash kids.
What an arrogant and silly post! You say you are going to set the record straight then state you aren't going into any details!?! Which is it!?! I'm not a Tri-Valley hater. In fact, before this thread, I had barely heard of Tri-Valley. But it's good to see you so quickly jump to the tired old "You're jealous because we win" mantra made so famous by a certain unnamed school in the eastern part of the State. Personally, I don't have an issue with an administrator being a coach. It's not the best set up, but especially in smaller counties, when you have someone ready to tackle the double duty of these often thankless jobs, God bless him! But if you can't see an inherent conflict of interest with an administrator leading the investigation into his own team, then you just have your head stuck in the sand. Hazing has gone on all over the place for years, mostly with the schools looking the other way. Hazing went on here at TV. That much is clear. I have no idea to what extent the conduct extended, but the conduct that is admitted is pretty disgusting, even if not worthy of criminal charges. So before you ride off on your high horse, remember that the fine young men of the TV basketball game DID engage in hazing sufficiently severe that they ended up getting suspended. And the timing of it all, to make sure everyone was back in uniform for the Flying to the Hoop tourney, is NOT a good look. It makes it look like the administration was more concerned about the wins and losses than getting to the bottom of what happened. The timing, of course, could be completely coincidental, but somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-21-17, 05:08 PM
TheGreatElk TheGreatElk is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-15
Posts: 79
TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
Just a reminder, before this current scandal "Sags" success was tarnished by all the transfers. How many kids playing "currently" have always been TV kids? Let's not pretend that his integrity has never been questioned before. And, please don't give me the tired old "they want to play for a winner" line. Every school near there is scared to death he'll come after their best kids.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-21-17, 10:57 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 286
James x2 is an unknown quantity at this point
So your Mrs. Sagester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audience Member View Post
Now that the investigation is over, I feel it is time to set the record straight. Everything that you posters think you know, have "heard" and have posted is completely false. And no, I'm not going into detail because it is not any of your business. The only true statement was that Mr. Sagester is Superintendent and Coach (and he is damn good at both) and yes TV had a good showing at Flying to the Hoop. Most of you posters have always said bad things concerning TV because of you hate the program because they win. But to post lies and rumors is unacceptable. Worry about your own schools, and yes I have heard rumors regarding them, but I don't post rumors and made up stories. And by the way, the only people who call Mr. Sagester "Sags" are his friends, and that you are not. Yappi, I believe it is time to close this thread down. This is not a place to spread "rumors" and bash kids.
The only thing you set straight is that your reasoning is as azz backward as your county
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-06-17, 09:16 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,226
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Observation from the Tri-Village/Troy Christian sectional Friday night...

No student body present. A few elementary kids. Stands about half of what they usually are for Tri-Village games. Friday night. 7 p.m. Good weather...

I had heard the fan support had dropped after the "investigation" but was truly surprised to see with my eyes by how much. Clearly there are a lot of people that disagree with how things were handled.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-06-17, 09:33 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,428
America is an unknown quantity at this point
heard their football program is going down the drain also because of this scandal
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-06-17, 09:19 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,226
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
heard their football program is going down the drain also because of this scandal
I always thought football was a stretch for them. Just not enough numbers. If the kids don't trust the administration I guess it could carry over to other sports.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yellow Springs defeats Tri Village D4fan Boys Basketball 5 02-27-16 02:37 PM
Tri Village vs TCC Live AUDIOCAST Big Time Sports Bigtimesportsohio Boys Basketball 4 03-27-15 09:51 AM
Tri Village one step closer to top seed D4fan Boys Basketball 8 02-11-15 09:54 PM
Tri Village Names Head football coach Thereporter Football 1 01-26-15 11:01 AM
California High School Suspends 21 Athletes Amid Hazing Probe FormerWildcat National Football Board 0 09-29-14 03:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz