Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-17, 12:23 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Hall of Fame Finalists (2017)

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2017 will be announced during the FOX broadcast of "NFL Honors" from 8-10 p.m. ET on Feb. 4

Alan Faneca, offensive line
Brian Dawkins, safety
Don Coryell, coach
Isaac Bruce, wide receiver
Jason Taylor, defensive end
Joe Jacoby, offensive tackle
John Lynch, safety
Kevin Mawae, offensive lineman
Kurt Warner, quarterback
LaDainian Tomlinson, running back
Morten Andersen, kicker
Terrell Davis, running back
Terrell Owens, wide receiver
Tony Boselli, offensive tackle
Ty Law, cornerback
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-17, 06:34 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
If you ask me to pick 3 I'll take: Jacoby, Owens, Anderson
Old 01-05-17, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Definites:
Tomlinson
Coryell
Andersen

Maybes:
Mawae
Faneca
Warner
Davis
Old 01-05-17, 10:00 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Definites:
Tomlinson
Coryell
Andersen

Maybes:
Mawae
Faneca
Warner
Davis
I think its difficult for a layman to evaluate an offensive lineman. We might be told this or that guy is really good but its hard to judge..obviously there are no stats to back up an assertion. I like Faneca because he was a Steeler for the majority of his career and was Pro Bowl about 8 times. I know that Mawae was very good but never really paid much attention. I remember Jacoby as the best part of "the Hogs" with Washington but I have no idea how he stacks up to Faneca or Mawae.
Old 01-06-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I think its difficult for a layman to evaluate an offensive lineman. We might be told this or that guy is really good but its hard to judge..obviously there are no stats to back up an assertion. I like Faneca because he was a Steeler for the majority of his career and was Pro Bowl about 8 times. I know that Mawae was very good but never really paid much attention. I remember Jacoby as the best part of "the Hogs" with Washington but I have no idea how he stacks up to Faneca or Mawae.
Good call. I think Mawae and Faneca both had a long string of All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams and are deserving despite the lack of attention they received as linemen.

I like Terrell Davis but his prime years were too short and Kurt Warner for all of the flash and hype, had some awful years (but I think he eventually gets in). I'd love to see Jason Taylor, as an Akron grad, make it.
Old 01-11-17, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Especailly guards like Faneca was. LTs and centers get attention and guards tend to get forgotten in talk.

He was a very good player for a long time and would be nice to see him make it but then again, as is with most of us, it is very tough to judge line play long term.