Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-09-17, 01:57 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too, if there was a hit that is any more over the line than the one Matt Moore got, than it's not out there.

That was clearly the kinds of hits on QB's the NFL is trying to get rid of. Launching, crown of the helmet to the chin of the QB.

I'm frankly shocked Moore continued. That hit would easily be an ejection in a college game, no question.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-17, 02:17 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too, if there was a hit that is any more over the line than the one Matt Moore got, than it's not out there.

That was clearly the kinds of hits on QB's the NFL is trying to get rid of. Launching, crown of the helmet to the chin of the QB.

I'm frankly shocked Moore continued. That hit would easily be an ejection in a college game, no question.
there was no "launching". he hit him high and lead with helmet. he needs to aim lower and lead with the shoulder. but there was no launching.
Old 01-09-17, 02:17 PM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too
I am not surprised whatsoever that you do this.
Old 01-09-17, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
there was no "launching". he hit him high and lead with helmet. he needs to aim lower and lead with the shoulder. but there was no launching.
I was at the game so I had to wait till today to see it. Yeah, there was no launching on this play.

Few years ago NFL Films would be putting that hit on their greatest hits video's and ESPN would have that on a segment called "Jacked Up".

Was it a penatly?

Yeah.

but all the other stuff some are saying.....just no.
Old 01-09-17, 02:37 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
You're literally the first person I've seen try to defend Mitchell. You've definitely earned the title, SportsHomer
Im not defending him right now. I simply replied to why someone might try to hit another guy who is already in the process of bein tackled.
Old 01-10-17, 10:35 AM
All World

Bballer05
just to on how there looks to be a double standard on when Patriots don't get flagged for certain things.

fast forward to 2 minutes into this clip and look at Michael Floyd's block to spring Edelman's TD. how is that not the same thing Eli Rogers got flagged for in the Dolphins game? just wondering.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/0...ins-highlights
Old 01-10-17, 11:28 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
just to on how there looks to be a double standard on when Patriots don't get flagged for certain things.

fast forward to 2 minutes into this clip and look at Michael Floyd's block to spring Edelman's TD. how is that not the same thing Eli Rogers got flagged for in the Dolphins game? just wondering.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/0...ins-highlights
It is because officials miss calls all the time. IT does not matter the team, they just flat miss calls.
Old 01-10-17, 12:15 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Miami was a total fraud. Their wins were the Jets x2, Bills x2, Browns, Chargers, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, and Steelers. As mentioned, Tomlin has a nasty habit of not preparing his team against perceived non-quality opponents.

I think the Steelers luck out again this week. Andy Reid has always been a huge disappointment in the post-season.
Old 01-11-17, 08:59 AM
All World

Bballer05
great article in regards to the changes that the Steelers made after the Dallas game (some of those changes were guys getting healthy), but puts some perspective as to why they have won 8 straight.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701110040
Old 01-11-17, 09:10 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Also because half the games they played were against the Browns (x2), Bengals and Bills.