Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 01-09-17, 01:57 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,302
14Red is on a distinguished road
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too, if there was a hit that is any more over the line than the one Matt Moore got, than it's not out there.

That was clearly the kinds of hits on QB's the NFL is trying to get rid of. Launching, crown of the helmet to the chin of the QB.

I'm frankly shocked Moore continued. That hit would easily be an ejection in a college game, no question.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #512  
Old 01-09-17, 02:17 PM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too, if there was a hit that is any more over the line than the one Matt Moore got, than it's not out there.

That was clearly the kinds of hits on QB's the NFL is trying to get rid of. Launching, crown of the helmet to the chin of the QB.

I'm frankly shocked Moore continued. That hit would easily be an ejection in a college game, no question.
there was no "launching". he hit him high and lead with helmet. he needs to aim lower and lead with the shoulder. but there was no launching.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 01-09-17, 02:17 PM
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-09-16
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 2,338
Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Got in a Twitter fight about this yesterday too
I am not surprised whatsoever that you do this.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 01-09-17, 02:30 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,054
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
there was no "launching". he hit him high and lead with helmet. he needs to aim lower and lead with the shoulder. but there was no launching.
I was at the game so I had to wait till today to see it. Yeah, there was no launching on this play.


Few years ago NFL Films would be putting that hit on their greatest hits video's and ESPN would have that on a segment called "Jacked Up".

Was it a penatly?

Yeah.


but all the other stuff some are saying.....just no.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 01-09-17, 02:37 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,210
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
You're literally the first person I've seen try to defend Mitchell. You've definitely earned the title, SportsHomer
Im not defending him right now. I simply replied to why someone might try to hit another guy who is already in the process of bein tackled.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 01-10-17, 10:35 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
just to on how there looks to be a double standard on when Patriots don't get flagged for certain things.

fast forward to 2 minutes into this clip and look at Michael Floyd's block to spring Edelman's TD. how is that not the same thing Eli Rogers got flagged for in the Dolphins game? just wondering.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/0...ins-highlights
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 01-10-17, 11:28 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,054
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
just to on how there looks to be a double standard on when Patriots don't get flagged for certain things.

fast forward to 2 minutes into this clip and look at Michael Floyd's block to spring Edelman's TD. how is that not the same thing Eli Rogers got flagged for in the Dolphins game? just wondering.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/0...ins-highlights
It is because officials miss calls all the time. IT does not matter the team, they just flat miss calls.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 01-10-17, 12:15 PM
Max Grumbleman Max Grumbleman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 276
Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Miami was a total fraud. Their wins were the Jets x2, Bills x2, Browns, Chargers, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, and Steelers. As mentioned, Tomlin has a nasty habit of not preparing his team against perceived non-quality opponents.

I think the Steelers luck out again this week. Andy Reid has always been a huge disappointment in the post-season.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 01-11-17, 08:59 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
great article in regards to the changes that the Steelers made after the Dallas game (some of those changes were guys getting healthy), but puts some perspective as to why they have won 8 straight.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701110040
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 01-11-17, 09:10 AM
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-09-16
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 2,338
Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Also because half the games they played were against the Browns (x2), Bengals and Bills.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz