Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-17, 04:43 PM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
JMU was the better team. It was clear. But, I haven't seen a game where it seemed EVERY bounce went the other teams' way. Really surprised that the last INT was overturned, despite the announcers doing their best to claim it wasn't clear.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-17, 05:07 PM
All American

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw bits and pieces of JM games in the playoffs, they looked really good. Their QB is a stud.
Old 01-07-17, 05:25 PM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
This is how I thought this game would go. JMU is just too tough. Great season. Much to look forward to. Question is, "What do you do with Hunter Wells?" Can he be the starter next year? What is going to happen with the defense? We lose a lot on that side of the ball.
Old 01-07-17, 05:49 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I saw bits and pieces of JM games in the playoffs, they looked really good. Their QB is a stud.
Same comment. I saw most of the JM-North Dakota State semi-final game...JM was legit and clearly the better team, even playing in Fargo...not often that can be said when ND State is on the field. James Madison's only loss was at North Carolina, early in the season.

Some points JMU put up in games this year: 80, 56, 84, 63, 55 and 65...the last two were in playoff games. No shame for the Penguins. Great season.
Old 01-07-17, 06:08 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
JMU was the better team. It was clear. But, I haven't seen a game where it seemed EVERY bounce went the other teams' way. Really surprised that the last INT was overturned, despite the announcers doing their best to claim it wasn't clear.
Yes. YSU would especially have the first quarter back. It definitely would have been a much better game without all the "gimmes". Great season though for the guys.

I think they said the refs have views they and we do not have. Yet, I don't disagree with you.

Despite the turnovers, the defense did great holding high-scoring JMU to four TDs. I hope the Guins have another good team next year!
Old 01-07-17, 09:10 PM
All Region

YTOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
I have to agree also. The Guins D really didn't play badly all things considered. YSU actually outgained JMU and ran about 20 more offensive plays but the Dukes were the better team. YSU's special teams have been up and down all year and they really hurt the Guins today. Hopefully they will make a return trip to the title game soon.
Old 01-08-17, 03:08 AM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Worst officiated game I have ever seen, same things YSU was getting flagged to hell and back for, JM was not.... very unfair.... Zebras gave the Dukes a lot, JM was still better team but these referees blew....
Old 01-08-17, 06:12 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
JAmes Madison was the superior team congrats on good year to ysu
Old 01-08-17, 08:59 AM
All Region

peebles is on a distinguished road
I couldn't see the live broadcast, so had the luxury of watching the game on replay after hearing and reading many comments about the game. My take was that JM had superior overall talent and speed. Their coaches also may have done a better job of getting their players ready for the game. YSU was eventually able to compensate, but by then it was too late. The "lucky" bounces early in the game were created by an opportunistic JM defense, and it put YSU too far behind against a team as talented as JM. Would YSU have had a better chance without the early mistakes? Of course. But give JM credit for creating those turnovers. Nonetheless, it was a great season for YSU, and I am looking forward to next year.
Old 01-08-17, 01:32 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
All YSU would need is the Warren QB...BAM!