Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-28-17, 07:23 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
They definitely beat themselves. Did you notice students were on the field of play a few times on those last few plays?? Amazing to me the refs didnít penalize LS for that. They lost total control.
Yes at one point even the Sheriff was standing inside the end zone! An older gentleman sitting beside me said he was going to email the AD. I also hope that somebody from Elder files a Report to the OHSAA about the Clock. Any team hosting a Playoff game should have a functioning clock!
Old 10-28-17, 08:28 AM
All Region

beeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Yes at one point even the Sheriff was standing inside the end zone! An older gentleman sitting beside me said he was going to email the AD. I also hope that somebody from Elder files a Report to the OHSAA about the Clock. Any team hosting a Playoff game should have a functioning clock!
Word on the broadcast is that LaSalle's new clock this year is wireless..and they were throwing out assumptions that the weather could have been a factor in the signal breaking down. Not that it's a valid excuse, just a possible explanation.

On the delay of game call, I believe it was that Elder was in hurry up offense mode trying to get the play off as quickly as possible...and they snapped the ball before the refs signaled and were set to start play.
Old 10-28-17, 08:46 AM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
They suck, but your just bitter bc they replaced you.
As if you could ever get hired by Elder? And you an alum.
Old 10-28-17, 09:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
Word on the broadcast is that LaSalle's new clock this year is wireless..and they were throwing out assumptions that the weather could have been a factor in the signal breaking down. Not that it's a valid excuse, just a possible explanation.

On the delay of game call, I believe it was that Elder was in hurry up offense mode trying to get the play off as quickly as possible...and they snapped the ball before the refs signaled and were set to start play.
I appreciate a possible explanation because i never seen anything like it!
Old 10-28-17, 09:55 AM
Varsity

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
Never enjoyed playing at LaSalle. When LaSalle has the ball, its dead silence but when the visiting team has the ball, the announcers will blare Metallica right up until each snap.
Old 10-28-17, 10:02 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
The officiating crew was terrible. Bad calls on both sides. Unfortunately for Elder the most critical calls were against Elder.

Elder goes in for the game winning touchdown in a hard fought game and the back ref has the balls to throw a flag on a questionable at best holding call. The alleged hold was happening while Mazza was already in the end zone. Disgusting call.

I still don't know how they called Elder for the delay of game after Bittner got hurt and had to be taken out of the game. That was a crucial error on the ref's part. It should be brought to the attention of the OHSAA.

After Lasalle was called for a face mask on Mazza, did Elder actually get the full 15 yards? Did they spot the ball correctly after the face mask? Anyone remember?
Old 10-28-17, 10:30 AM
All American

Visitation_Football
The holding call was a joke. Only way that is called in that situation is if you have a biased ref. The Play was already over and Bittner was in the end zone and it wasn’t even a hold. Nevertheless that game shouldn’t have come down to that. That should have been a 21-7 type win for Elder. I’m surprised they didn’t mix it up more in the 2nd half and exploit a bad secondary.
Old 10-28-17, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Oh my, I have to agree with you if that was the call! To many Turnovers, sucks they beat themselves!
It was the call. Right after bittner got hurt. Didnt even give him time to get off field and they had play whistled in

jtk
()
Old 10-28-17, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
The officiating crew was terrible. Bad calls on both sides. Unfortunately for Elder the most critical calls were against Elder.

Elder goes in for the game winning touchdown in a hard fought game and the back ref has the balls to throw a flag on a questionable at best holding call. The alleged hold was happening while Mazza was already in the end zone. Disgusting call.
I still don't know how they called Elder for the delay of game after Bittner got hurt and had to be taken out of the game. That was a crucial error on the ref's part. It should be brought to the attention of the OHSAA.

After Lasalle was called for a face mask on Mazza, did Elder actually get the full 15 yards? Did they spot the ball correctly after the face mask? Anyone remember?
Ball was spotted correctly. It was half the distance

jtk
()
Old 10-28-17, 11:01 AM
All American

Quote:
These officials should not be officiating any playoff games. The delay of game flag was a phantom call. This sequence needs to be submitted to the OHSAA.
Old 10-28-17, 11:05 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
Ball was spotted correctly. It was half the distance

jtk
()
Incorrect. Elder has 1st and 10 at the 12(maybe 13 yard line). Mazza took the hand off for no gain when the flag for face mask was thrown.

Elder calls timeout. The ball was spotted incorrectly at the 10 yard line. 1st and 10 at the ten.

Since when does a face mask result in a 2 yard penalty?
Old 10-28-17, 11:17 AM
All American

Old 10-28-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
These officials should not be officiating any playoff games. The delay of game flag was a phantom call. This sequence needs to be submitted to the OHSAA.
On that delay of game I heard a whistle before the snap.

The LaSalle student sections stands should be pushed back 10 feet at least and they should not be allowed to stand on the field during play. If you watch the video you see people walking in and out of the endzone during action.
Old 10-28-17, 01:23 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post

The LaSalle student sections stands should be pushed back 10 feet at least and they should not be allowed to stand on the field during play. If you watch the video you see people walking in and out of the endzone during action.
Flemming was one of the biggest culprits. No idea why nobody on LS's side didn't do anything, knowing a penalty could be called.
Old 10-28-17, 01:35 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post

Yep. It happened several times on the last Elder possession. By rules that is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Unfortunately the ref was too busy looking for a phantom hold instead of following the rules.
Old 10-28-17, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Incorrect. Elder has 1st and 10 at the 12(maybe 13 yard line). Mazza took the hand off for no gain when the flag for face mask was thrown.

Elder calls timeout. The ball was spotted incorrectly at the 10 yard line. 1st and 10 at the ten.

Since when does a face mask result in a 2 yard penalty?
im not going to argue a spot of the ball with you, but on tv it was correctly spotted. i thought the same thing at first. bottom line was that some of that crew was overmatched for this game. no business throwing phantom flags the last minutes of the game. the delay of game, and the holding call were bad. the only call they got right was the face mask penalty.

also, in saying that, a lot of calls that didn't go lasalle's way either. i thought there were multiple late hits on merritt that weren't called.

jtk
()
Old 10-28-17, 02:10 PM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iíve watched the Mazza TD run about 15 times now. The flag was definitely a phantom flag. Thereís no way that 55 was holding, no way. That ref crew was not going to let the Panthers win that game under any circumstances. We were there live as well. The announcer, the timing of the music, the time clock issues, the refs, the LS cheering section literally in the end zone during live play, the LS fans heckling and threatening Elder fans after the game. The whole atmosphere of the game felt like a kangaroo court.
Old 10-28-17, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
im not going to argue a spot of the ball with you, but on tv it was correctly spotted. i thought the same thing at first. bottom line was that some of that crew was overmatched for this game. no business throwing phantom flags the last minutes of the game. the delay of game, and the holding call were bad. the only call they got right was the face mask penalty.

also, in saying that, a lot of calls that didn't go lasalle's way either. i thought there were multiple late hits on merritt that weren't called.

jtk
()
True. Officiating was awful all night. It just so happens, the most important call went v Elder.
Old 10-28-17, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler40 View Post
Iíve watched the Mazza TD run about 15 times now. The flag was definitely a phantom flag. Thereís no way that 55 was holding, no way. That ref crew was not going to let the Panthers win that game under any circumstances. We were there live as well. The announcer, the timing of the music, the time clock issues, the refs, the LS cheering section literally in the end zone during live play, the LS fans heckling and threatening Elder fans after the game. The whole atmosphere of the game felt like a kangaroo court.
Look, Elder choked. The two fumbled punt snaps did them in. I agree, it was a bad scene, but that's not why Elder lost.
Old 10-28-17, 03:01 PM
All American

The holding flag came flying in after Mazza crossed the goal line, I do know that because it was right in front of me!
Old 10-28-17, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

Plain as day on tv as well. My old couldnt handle being wet and cold and watched 2nd half at my house.

jtk
()
Old 10-28-17, 04:21 PM
All World

Ehs 2005
Broward game has been postponed.

https://twitter.com/GolemanFootball/...84740060344321
Old 10-28-17, 05:11 PM
All American

Broward needs to be removed from the schedule. If you are going to play a team that bad you might as well schedule a school in your own neighborhood - West Hi. West Hi is division 1 which gets you more harbin points, and they actually win a couple games.
Old 10-28-17, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Broward needs to be removed from the schedule. If you are going to play a team that bad you might as well schedule a school in your own neighborhood - West Hi. West Hi is division 1 which gets you more harbin points, and they actually win a couple games.
I'm sure Elder would prefer to play West Hi. Broward was a last resort.
Old 10-28-17, 05:28 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehs 2005 View Post
Well...I assume then Browards final game will not be considered in their final W/L total from a Harbin perspective. If they knew this was a possibility why didn't the schools play on Friday?

That means Elder cant get to #7 seed. If Ed's wins Elder is the 8 seed.

If Ignatius wins, Elder is out of the playoffs and Moeller goes.

Last edited by PURPLE REIGN; 10-28-17 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-28-17, 05:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Well...I assume then Browards final game will not be considered in their final W/L total from a Harbin perspective. If they new this was a possibility why didn't the schools play on Friday?

Correct. Unfortunately. Hopefully St. Edís comes through.
Old 10-28-17, 06:29 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
The hold call was bs.

The delay of game call I believe happened because when elder started to line up the ref ran to the LS sideline to talk to the LS coach. It looked like elder was waiting for the ref to get back into position when they blew the whistle. Or at least that's what it looked like on the tv broadcast. Again bs because it was the ref who delayed the game.
Old 10-28-17, 07:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Well...I assume then Browards final game will not be considered in their final W/L total from a Harbin perspective. If they knew this was a possibility why didn't the schools play on Friday?

Tied at 10, 4th qt
Old 10-28-17, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Eds just lost 17-10. Unreal. It's a shame, this was a very good Elder team that had no luck this week.
Old 10-28-17, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Ignatius wins 17-10. So where does that put Elder? Their Final L2 Divisor drops by another game, so their total is 95.