Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Old 07-14-19, 09:27 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Beto O'Rourke says he and his wife are descended from slave owners

Quote:
White House hopeful Beto O'Rourke (D) on Sunday revealed that he and his wife, Amy, are descended from slave owners.

The former House lawmaker from Texas wrote in a Medium post that he was recently given documents showing that his paternal great-great-great grandfather listed two women, Rose and Eliza, as his possessions.

"That those enslaved Americans owned by my ancestors were denied their freedom, denied the ability to amass wealth, denied full civil rights in America after slavery also had long term repercussions for them and their descendants," O'Rourke wrote.
Read more:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...m-slave-owners
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-19, 09:29 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
While I believe this story is possibly true, this guy is the type of person that would lie about his ancestors actually owning slaves. Most people would try to hide it or not acknowledge it, Beto tries to score political points. He's the worst panderer I've ever seen run for President.
Old 07-14-19, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
While I believe this story is possibly true, this guy is the type of person that would lie about his ancestors actually owning slaves. Most people would try to hide it or not acknowledge it, Beto tries to score political points. He's the worst panderer I've ever seen run for President.
They say an Italian might try to take your head off, but an Irishman is more likely to start at your feet and work his way up to take everything

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 07-15-19 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-14-19, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
"listed two women, Rose and Eliza, as his possessions."

Maybe he was a pimp?
Old 07-15-19, 01:47 AM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
He does talk like a racist.
Old 07-15-19, 05:00 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Beto is a Furry.
Old 07-15-19, 05:28 AM
All American

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
When is the next "Comedy Hour"? I'm sorry, I meant the next Democrat presidential debate.
Old 07-15-19, 06:41 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enoughlotr10 will become famous soon enough
How long until all of the democrat candidates have ancestors who owned slaves? It seems to be the new hot thing no matter how statistically improbable. I mean very few Americans actually owned slaves.
Old 07-15-19, 06:48 AM
All Yappi

chs1971 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Most people would try to hide it ...
That's ridiculous.
Old 07-15-19, 06:55 AM
All American

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Democrat party is the slave party and has always been the slave party since Andrew Jackson.

As mentioned in a previous post. There was the so called “Big Switch” in that “all” of the racists in the D party went to the R party. The “Big Switch” is the big lie. The most successful subterfuge in history has been the racists Democrat party getting Black Americans to support them and blame Repubs for the state of the inner cities that are in fact controlled by Democrats. Truly amazing feat of lies and subterfuge brought to you by DNC.
Old 07-15-19, 07:25 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Beto is a Furry.
Old 07-15-19, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
In a new poll, Beto the furry is polling at 0.0% in New Hampshire lololol.

I can't recall ever seeing someone who blew up like a rockstar politically and then immediately cliff dove and tanked this badly. The media propped him up big time when he was running against "Lyin' Ted", and the incredibly favorable coverage and incredibly punchable opponent blinded a lot of Americans to how badly this guy sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-19, 08:05 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Democrat party is the slave party and has always been the slave party since Andrew Jackson.

As mentioned in a previous post. There was the so called “Big Switch” in that “all” of the racists in the D party went to the R party. The “Big Switch” is the big lie. The most successful subterfuge in history has been the racists Democrat party getting Black Americans to support them and blame Repubs for the state of the inner cities that are in fact controlled by Democrats. Truly amazing feat of lies and subterfuge brought to you by DNC.
All you have to do is look at the Civil Rights vote of 1964 to know that is garbage.
Old 07-16-19, 06:43 AM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They say an Italian might try to take your head off, but an Irishman is more likely to start at your feet and work his way up to take everything
Beto is no Irishman.
Old 07-16-19, 07:26 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
In a new poll, Beto the furry is polling at 0.0% in New Hampshire lololol.

I can't recall ever seeing someone who blew up like a rockstar politically and then immediately cliff dove and tanked this badly. The media propped him up big time when he was running against "Lyin' Ted", and the incredibly favorable coverage and incredibly punchable opponent blinded a lot of Americans to how badly this guy sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I really thought he was the future face of the Democratic party after nearly stealing Texas from Ted. Young, half decent looking, charismatic enough, ran a better national campaign than a Texas campaign. And then like you said, just sh*t the bed since then.
Old 07-16-19, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enoughlotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I really thought he was the future face of the Democratic party after nearly stealing Texas from Ted. Young, half decent looking, charismatic enough, ran a better national campaign than a Texas campaign. And then like you said, just sh*t the bed since then.
I think his biggest problem is that he's in the modern identity obsessed democrat party. Look how he has to twist himself into a pretzel to escape the designation that he's just a privileged white boy who had everything handed to him on the platter of white supremacy.

Beto can't be his true self in the party so flails about trying to be something else. This is going to make him look indecisive & a flip flopper.
Old 07-16-19, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I think his biggest problem is that he's in the modern identity obsessed democrat party. Look how he has to twist himself into a pretzel to escape the designation that he's just a privileged white boy who had everything handed to him on the platter of white supremacy.

Beto can't be his true self in the party so flails about trying to be something else. This is going to make him look indecisive & a flip flopper.
He even changed his name
Old 07-16-19, 10:07 AM
All World

Qcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Read more:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...m-slave-owners

Did he cry when he found out?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: