Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-10-18, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Fall Season

Now that club is over (not really interested in DA) what are the opinions on the upcoming high school season? I know we have the same at the top, but can Cincinnati sweep the state in Div 1,2,3 again? Can anyone stop Loveland in Cincinnati?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-18, 08:51 AM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
The new Mercy Mcauley HS is loaded with talent. 16+ elite players from CUP, TFA and KH. If the new coaching staff can figure out team selections they'll be an immediate power out of the gate.
Old 07-11-18, 04:59 PM
Junior Varsity

270SC is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati and Cleveland usually fare pretty well at D1 simply because their enrollments are much larger. Most Columbus schools are closer to a D2 level sized school, they need redistribute the way classifications are made. Mason has twice as many kids as anyone in Columbus.

Loveland is a solid program but Pick North And Olentangy Orange should be really good from CMH this year.
Old 07-11-18, 05:39 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
We don't need 4-5 Divisions in Girls HS Soccer. When was the last time Mason won State or even been in the title game? Loveland is 1/3 the size of Mason.
Old 07-12-18, 01:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
The new Mercy Mcauley HS is loaded with talent. 16+ elite players from CUP, TFA and KH. If the new coaching staff can figure out team selections they'll be an immediate power out of the gate.
Who ended up getting the head coaching job between the schools? I figured they would be good grabbing 2 schools with kids that play soccer. I know Hamilton plays them this fall so we get to see them.
Old 07-13-18, 07:39 AM
Freshman

soccerjunkie77 is on a distinguished road
Mike Rust
Old 07-13-18, 08:11 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd like to see MMHS do well. Individually they've been pretty mediocre in the recent past.
Old 07-13-18, 08:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Now that club is over (not really interested in DA) what are the opinions on the upcoming high school season? I know we have the same at the top, but can Cincinnati sweep the state in Div 1,2,3 again? Can anyone stop Loveland in Cincinnati?
Does Loveland have a lot returning? They've had a nice run the last 3 years but to my knowledge were just ok for a long time prior to that.

Look for Indian Hill to be strong again in D2. McNick has a lot returning. Probably Badin will be good again.
Old 07-15-18, 10:07 AM
Junior Varsity

270SC is on a distinguished road
Any results from the summer tourneys? Believe Lakota was hosting one. Of course lots of players missing.

I’ve heard Loveland lost a lot.

Indian Hill is D2 good, but would like to see them try to play with the big girls sometime. Don’t think they could go three rounds deep in D1, their schedule has more cupcakes than the your average five year olds birthday party.
Old 07-15-18, 11:01 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270SC View Post
Any results from the summer tourneys? Believe Lakota was hosting one. Of course lots of players missing.

Iíve heard Loveland lost a lot.

Indian Hill is D2 good, but would like to see them try to play with the big girls sometime. Donít think they could go three rounds deep in D1, their schedule has more cupcakes than the your average five year olds birthday party.
Last year IH could probably have advanced pretty far in D1. No idea about this coming season. I know they have a couple of very good girls but not sure about their depth. You are right the conference is pretty weak but in the past they have tried to play a good non conference schedule.
Old 07-16-18, 10:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPat View Post
I'd like to see MMHS do well. Individually they've been pretty mediocre in the recent past.
MMHS will be decent if they get the teams right. They had independent evaluators in from CUP to do evaluations but there were some very questionable selections between varsity and JV that the head coach will need to get figured out. If he does it right they'll be fine, if he leaves it as is they will under perform.
Old 07-16-18, 10:42 AM
Varsity

Quote:
MMHS will be decent if they get the teams right. They had independent evaluators in from CUP to do evaluations but there were some very questionable selections between varsity and JV that the head coach will need to get figured out. If he does it right they'll be fine, if he leaves it as is they will under perform.
So the head coach pretty much had someone else set the team? I know I bash club all the time and the reasons are for times like these. These big club coaches with their little licenses think they have the keys to the sport. It's not rocket science if a kid can play or not, that's the worst decision I've heard. I don't want to hear about bias from one school to the next excuse either, if you are the coach and you were picked to the job, pick your own team.
Old 07-16-18, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Last year IH could probably have advanced pretty far in D1. No idea about this coming season. I know they have a couple of very good girls but not sure about their depth. You are right the conference is pretty weak but in the past they have tried to play a good non conference schedule.
Agree last year's IH team was very very strong only blemish tie to Alter. IH played a good schedule and it showed in playoff run. IH has another tough schedule in 2018. Play McNick, Alter, Summit Country Day, Carroll, Madeira, Badin. Hope Podjil makes full recovery, they will need her.
Old 07-16-18, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
So the head coach pretty much had someone else set the team? I know I bash club all the time and the reasons are for times like these. These big club coaches with their little licenses think they have the keys to the sport. It's not rocket science if a kid can play or not, that's the worst decision I've heard. I don't want to hear about bias from one school to the next excuse either, if you are the coach and you were picked to the job, pick your own team.
i didn't know tryouts already took place? would be odd if teams were picked already. i do know that two girls that wouldve played varsity are out with acl injuries.

jtk
()
Old 07-17-18, 08:09 AM
All Region

Quote:

Yeah its a bizarre situation. I think its being done to give the new head coach a way to deflect from his decisions. The CUP coaches that put on the camp made some odd decisions. For example, there are several high level elite players on JV and they are playing behind rec and low level players on varsity. Also, there was a heavy emphasis on grade level as opposed to talent level. We'll see how it plays out but hopefully the head coach does the right thing as he stated he would in the off season.
Old 07-17-18, 10:50 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
bizarre is a nice way to put it. can't believe a hs coach would allow a club coach to determine his teams. especially when he lost a great goalie and defender to acl's. those CUP coaches never even seen those two. hopefully this isn't the norm for all sports throughout the first year of competition.

jtk
()
Old 07-18-18, 11:19 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know abbreviations well, but if it is an Ohio school that did this, then it's a violation of OHSAA rules. No tryouts can take place before August 1.
Old 07-18-18, 04:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
I don't know abbreviations well, but if it is an Ohio school that did this, then it's a violation of OHSAA rules. No tryouts can take place before August 1.
Not considered a practice or "tryout" as it was a recommended paid camp held by CUP, final decisions are to be made by head coach once organized practices are allowed.
Old 07-18-18, 08:58 PM
Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If they are picking teams now, they are in clear violation of OHSAA rules. Mercy and McAuley have both been average at best for years. I donít see that changing just because they combined two average schools.
Old 07-18-18, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
i don't see this ending well
Old 07-19-18, 07:21 AM
Freshman

soccerjunkie77 is on a distinguished road
In my experience, head coaches know 85-90% of their varsity roster before official tryouts starts.
Old 07-19-18, 11:27 AM
All World

I doubt they are picking teams now. CUP coaches may have been asked for input based on what they saw at the camp. If the new coach was formerly a coach at one of the 2 schools then he should have a pretty good idea about the talent of the players since he coached one and played against the other. Nothing to see here.
Old 07-19-18, 12:24 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
not like it matters even if they did
Old 07-19-18, 06:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
I doubt they are picking teams now. CUP coaches may have been asked for input based on what they saw at the camp. If the new coach was formerly a coach at one of the 2 schools then he should have a pretty good idea about the talent of the players since he coached one and played against the other. Nothing to see here.
Head coach is new and hasn't seen or know background on players.
Old 07-20-18, 01:04 AM
All District

swofan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you serious about the CHL being a weak conference? They are all public schools, 3 of which have been to a D2 State Title game (4 total games) and 2 state champions. If you could list me a better D2 public conference in Ohio that year in and year out wins district and regional titles and does it the right way please let us know. I guess if you don't beat the system or draw from all over the city you are considered a weak group of schools. Indian Hill is a HEAVY favorite to repeat in D2 and it won't be close.
Old 07-20-18, 09:31 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swofan View Post
Are you serious about the CHL being a weak conference? They are all public schools, 3 of which have been to a D2 State Title game (4 total games) and 2 state champions. If you could list me a better D2 public conference in Ohio that year in and year out wins district and regional titles and does it the right way please let us know. I guess if you don't beat the system or draw from all over the city you are considered a weak group of schools. Indian Hill is a HEAVY favorite to repeat in D2 and it won't be close.
A conference with Taylor, Finneytown, Reading and Deer Park cannot be considered a strong conference. I'll give you that the top 4 are usually pretty good. The best d2/d3 conference in the State is the GCL Coed multiple state championships in the last 10 years...Fenwick, Alter, McNick, Badin (more than once) there are no weak sisters now that Purcell hasn't had a team for the past 3 years. IH has supplemented their non conference schedule with some strong teams so thats to their credit. How many Seniors did they lose last year? Saying it won't be close might be a stretch. i think any of the four teams above could give them a run not to mention CJ,Carroll.
Old 07-20-18, 09:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
A conference with Taylor, Finneytown, Reading and Deer Park cannot be considered a strong conference. I'll give you that the top 4 are usually pretty good. The best d2/d3 conference in the State is the GCL Coed multiple state championships in the last 10 years...Fenwick, Alter, McNick, Badin (more than once) there are no weak sisters now that Purcell hasn't had a team for the past 3 years. IH has supplemented their non conference schedule with some strong teams so thats to their credit. How many Seniors did they lose last year? Saying it won't be close might be a stretch. i think any of the four teams above could give them a run not to mention CJ,Carroll.
IH needs to mix a few D1 schools in to step up their schedule. Mcnicholas and Alter play teams like St Ursula, MND, McAuley-Mercy, Ursuline, Turpin, Seton, Anderson, Centerville, Loveland yearly.
Old 07-20-18, 04:24 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swofan View Post
Nothing against the conference, it has some good teams. IH plays good schedule. It's your last statement you might want to think about. IH star player coming off knee injury, losing Jackson to graduation will hurt.

IH will be in the mix but many strong DII teams stand in their way. Let's not forget CSCD steps up into DII they have the talent of DI team. As Alter found out last year, repeating is not an easy feat
Old 07-23-18, 01:13 PM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
The bulk of Carroll's production will be from sophomores and juniors this year. With any improvement, they'll be good.
Old 07-31-18, 09:12 AM
Varsity

jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Not sure why the link got removed yesterday but here is the season preview show link = https://www.spreaker.com/episode/15376277

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: