Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-31-18, 05:56 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
You made the claim. I just wanted you to identify which ones.

I expect you didn't because you can't.
i made it so easy even a grade schooler could have gotten at least one. but now i see you are not even on their level
Old 07-31-18, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
LeBron showing he understands public/inner city schools better than our own Secretary of Education
Old 07-31-18, 06:39 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
good try , it is impossible for your argument to any weaker. but that is no surprise. do you ever get tired of going down in flames?
Still waiting to hear how kavanaugh is going to cover for Trump.

And wasn't really trying to make an argument as much as pointing out your article didnt really say much other than there were trucks there.
Old 07-31-18, 06:46 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
LeBron showing he understands public/inner city schools better than our own Secretary of Education
How's that?
Old 07-31-18, 10:22 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Too bad he doesn't understand loyalty or being honest.
Old 08-01-18, 04:22 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Give every kid a bicycle. That solves the problem?

Although i do give LeBron a lot of credit for trying to solve a problem. He has done much more than the award winning Colin Kaepernick.

Last edited by chs1971; 08-01-18 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-01-18, 07:23 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Professor Victor Davis Hanson has an astute article showing the reasons for why we may be stumbling into a 2nd Civil War:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...adicalism/amp/

How, when, and why has the United States now arrived at the brink of a veritable civil war?

Almost every cultural and social institution — universities, the public schools, the NFL, the Oscars, the Tonys, the Grammys, late-night television, public restaurants, coffee shops, movies, TV, stand-up comedy — has been not just politicized but also weaponized.

Donald Trump’s election was not so much a catalyst for the divide as a manifestation and amplification of the existing schism.

We are now nearing a point comparable to 1860, and perhaps past 1968. Left–Right factionalism is increasingly fueled by geography — always history’s force multiplier of civil strife. Red and blue states ensure that locale magnifies differences that were mostly manageable during the administrations of Ford, Carter, Reagan, the Bushes, and Clinton.

Hanson answers his own question and offers up some reasons for why we're dancing on the edge of the abyss:

* Globalization
Globalization had an unfortunate effect of undermining national unity. It created new iconic billionaires in high tech and finance, and their subsidiaries of coastal elites, while hollowing out the muscular jobs largely in the American interior.

* High Tech
The mass production of cheap consumer goods, most assembled abroad, redefined wealth or, rather, disguised poverty. Suddenly the lower middle classes and the poor had in their palms the telecommunications power of the Pentagon of the 1970s, the computing force of IBM in the 1980s, and the entertainment diversity of the rich of the 1990s.

* The Campus
Higher education surely helped split the country in two.

* Illegal Immigration
Immigration was recalibrated hand-in-glove by progressives who wanted a new demographic to vote for leftist politicians and by Chamber of Commerce conservatives who wished an unlimited pool of cheap unskilled labor. The result was waves of illegal, non-diverse immigrants who arrived at precisely the moment when the old melting pot was under cultural assault.

* The Obama Project

In the article Hanson provides compelling evidence for each of his listed causes.

But it's not all doom & gloom in the article as Hanson suggests there may be a way to avoid the coming conflagration:

* What Might Bring the United States Together Again?
A steady 3 to 4 percent growth in annual GDP would trim a lot of cultural rhetoric. Four percent unemployment will make more Americans valuable and give them advantages with employers. Measured, meritocratic, diverse, and legal immigration would help to restore the melting pot.
Old 08-01-18, 07:34 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i made it so easy even a grade schooler could have gotten at least one. but now i see you are not even on their level
You made the claim that Trump Supporters call that "denuclearization". I just wanted you tell me which ones are making that claim. Why won't you name names?
Old 08-01-18, 08:34 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the QAnon crowd has climbed their way out of their parents basements and are actually attending real life Trump rallies in QAnon gear now

They look almost exactly like you'd expect

Old 08-01-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You made the claim that Trump Supporters call that "denuclearization". I just wanted you tell me which ones are making that claim. Why won't you name names?
Whatever. It is amazing how many republicans do not support tariffs, lobbyists, nepotism, financial conflicts, multiple bankruptcies, trickle down, bigotry, lies, sex scandals, insane tweets, or Russian interference. Yet Trump's approval among them is sky high.

FACT is POTUS told the American people that NK was no longer a threat! They got our military to back down, sanctions relief, and downright gushing legitimacy on the world stage. We got nothing. Nobody expects supporters to say we got duped. That much is clear.
Old 08-01-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Whatever. It is amazing how many republicans do not support tariffs, lobbyists, nepotism, financial conflicts, multiple bankruptcies, trickle down, bigotry, lies, sex scandals, insane tweets, or Russian interference. Yet Trump's approval among them is sky high.

FACT is POTUS told the American people that NK was no longer a threat! They got our military to back down, sanctions relief, and downright gushing legitimacy on the world stage. We got nothing. Nobody expects supporters to say we got duped. That much is clear.
We removed troops from SK? What sanctions relief? You believe we can't put sanctions in place anytime we desire? What is the left's hangup with legitimacy? Like it or not he is the leader of that country. If you are going to look for a diplomatic solution it goes through him.
Old 08-01-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Military is still in SK and the region. They are still prepared. Sanctions still in place. And Kim was already the legitimate ruler of NK. Time will tell if they denuclearize or not. It won't happen overnight.

Nothing previous leaders have done has changed anything with NK. Don't understand why you ladies are so upset that Trump tried something different.
Old 08-01-18, 11:26 AM
All American

Quote:
the ones that claimed what a huge success the summit with NK was.
Old 08-01-18, 11:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Military is still in SK and the region. They are still prepared. Sanctions still in place. And Kim was already the legitimate ruler of NK. Time will tell if they denuclearize or not. It won't happen overnight.

Nothing previous leaders have done has changed anything with NK. Don't understand why you ladies are so upset that Trump tried something different.
let me translate all this nonsense, the "professional negotiator" , " mr art of the deal" got taken to the wood shed. epic fail
Old 08-01-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
let me translate all this nonsense, the "professional negotiator" , " mr art of the deal" got taken to the wood shed. epic fail
Really? What did he give up?
Old 08-01-18, 12:54 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Is he willing to truly help all students by leading the charge to free them from the bondage of militant teachers unions and disastrous public school monopoly?

There is the true test.
Old 08-01-18, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

Hope I don’t leave my ID at home next time I go to the store to buy milk!
Old 08-01-18, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why, are you going to do something that would attract the attention of law enforcement?
Old 08-01-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was talking about it in the context of writing a check at the grocery store and needing to show ID. As usual, you pick out snippets to conform to your biases...
Old 08-01-18, 01:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Really? What did he give up?
didn't he claim that "NK was no longer a nuclear threat"?
Old 08-01-18, 01:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
He was talking about it in the context of writing a check at the grocery store and needing to show ID. As usual, you pick out snippets to conform to your biases...
Who writes a check at the grocery store in 2018?
Old 08-01-18, 01:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I am sure that there are people that still do so, especially senior citizens.

BTW, you are truly a massive POS! Go troll elsewhere...
Old 08-01-18, 01:49 PM
All World

"killer" really didn't like someone pointing out how outdated writing a check at the grocery store is
Old 08-01-18, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

Uh-oh the PC police are out. Checks at the grocery store are annoying. Boom. I realize change is hard for older people like you and Trump, me too sometimes.

Btw, who the hell runs a billion dollar organization with 500 companies (yadda yadda) and can't use email? Or a computer? How is that even possible??? Lol.
Old 08-01-18, 01:56 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"killer" really didn't like someone pointing out how outdated writing a check at the grocery store is
If it's so outdated, then why do the people in line at the checkout ahead of me ALWAYS (it seems) wait until the cashier rings everything up and then say "Can I write you a check"?
Old 08-01-18, 02:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
Uh-oh the PC police are out. Checks at the grocery store are annoying. Boom. I realize change is hard for older people like you and Trump, me too sometimes.

Btw, who the hell runs a billion dollar organization with 500 companies (yadda yadda) and can't use email? Or a computer? How is that even possible??? Lol.
I didn't realize me being in my 40's was old? And the only check I write yearly is for rent. I was only stating that there is no doubt that people still write checks at the grocery store.

As far as the other comment, it is pretty obvious based on his posting history. Then again, you are no different in that you are only here to get an rise from people. To come here daily just to do that shows how pathetic a person really is. While anonymous posting allows people to act out their cowardness online, it also reflects what type of person they are in real life...
Old 08-01-18, 02:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I didn't realize me being in my 40's was old? And the only check I write yearly is for rent.
Old 08-01-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Random old ladies over 65, one of which is almost always in front of me at the checkout.
Old 08-01-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
If it's so outdated, then why do the people in line at the checkout ahead of me ALWAYS (it seems) wait until the cashier rings everything up and then say "Can I write you a check"?
Lol. Also, exact change is critically important. "I know that I have a dime in there somewhere..."
Old 08-01-18, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Less than 5% of all grocery store purchases are used with a check Check writing is obsolete and will be completely phased out within the next 10-15 years

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: