Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-18, 06:20 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
What is the deal with Princeton???

WHY is it taken them so long to make a decision on a new HC

Robbins built a program basically from the ground up and had one of his most successful years last year. He set them up PERFECT with 2 former HC's on the staff and in the building , had been doing a HEAVY off season schedule the past 3-4 years to get the mind set right for the kids and now it seems as if the administration is dragging their feet. Its only going to hurt the kids b/c we all know if there is no one announced until after the kids are out they wont have as much off season stuff in the works and to compete locally at a high level and make a run in the GMC it has to be an all year round gig.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-18, 06:35 AM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
What is the deal with starting a new thread about this?

What is the deal with all caps?

What is the deal with making assumptions about dragging feet?

What is the deal with assuming there are qualified coaches knocking down the door to coach at Princeton?
Old 05-24-18, 07:02 AM
Junior Varsity

getridofspam1 is on a distinguished road
It has been a long time. Seems like a valid question. Princeton was and still can continue to make great strides. Did they announce a new coach and maybe we missed it?
Old 05-24-18, 07:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Hashtag View Post
What is the deal with starting a new thread about this?

What is the deal with all caps?

What is the deal with making assumptions about dragging feet?

What is the deal with assuming there are qualified coaches knocking down the door to coach at Princeton?
1) content for the website
2) wasn't typed out in all caps maybe your computer has malfunctioned
3) I'm making an "assumption" b/c there has been school board meetings since Ty announced his retirement and nothing.
4) I'm not making that assumption , I know there are qualified candidates in the building (not saying either of them want it but they ARE there)

Plain and simple once school breaks for the summer and no coach is announced it WILL hurt the program. For quiet a few years the kids have already been involved in FS/GR AND other camps , hell they could work on having an intern HC while they search but nothing.
Just sucks again b/c its the KIDS who lose on the situation.

#sometimesyoudontrealizewhatyouhaduntilitsgone
Old 05-24-18, 07:43 AM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post

Robbins built a program basically from the ground up and had one of his most successful years last year. He set them up PERFECT with 2 former HC's on the staff and in the building , had been doing a HEAVY off season schedule the past 3-4 years to get the mind set right for the kids and now it seems as if the administration is dragging their feet. Its only going to hurt the kids b/c we all know if there is no one announced until after the kids are out they wont have as much off season stuff in the works and to compete locally at a high level and make a run in the GMC it has to be an all year round gig.
I thought they did( Kenny Powell)?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-18, 10:32 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
There has been no board approval for whatever reason and all talk seems to have been silenced. As far as I know there is no head coach in place and no offseason program in place. There are a couple (2-3) that appear to be getting to open mats at MSJ. Not exactly the same as the opportunities Coach Robbins gave them. Then again, this is what the alumni wanted...
Old 05-24-18, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
There has been no board approval for whatever reason and all talk seems to have been silenced. As far as I know there is no head coach in place and no offseason program in place. There are a couple (2-3) that appear to be getting to open mats at MSJ. Not exactly the same as the opportunities Coach Robbins gave them. Then again, this is what the alumni wanted...

you would know more than most being how you were on staff last year, CRAZY they are letting a great thing possibly go to waste.
3rd place finish in the GMC was no joke and there were lots of good wrestling up the pipe line PLUS didn't MS win the GMC??

Last edited by 93 red ls; 05-25-18 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-24-18, 04:24 PM
All District

Quote:

2nd place finish in the GMC was no joke
Fairfield likely thinks this is a joke.
Old 05-24-18, 06:19 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Princeton had a nice GMC tournament( 9 guys placed).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-18, 08:18 PM
All American

Correct Princeton placed 3rd with Ty being selected Coach of the Year. Mason won it and Fairfield finished 2nd.

Princeton had placed second to last in 2017 and scored 105.0 more points this year.

Yes the middle school won GMC this past year. There's a good amount of talent returning to the program.

Coach Hotopp and Coach Gibson didn't apply after it was made perfectly clear by the alumni and others near the program that they believed they could do a better job then the previous staff. I wish them nothing but the best and really hope the kids are able to reach all their goals both on and off the mat.
Old 05-25-18, 09:09 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
yea fat fingers sorry my 9s+ doesnt take well with chunky tipped digits
Old 05-25-18, 03:04 PM
Freshman

mdtownsend54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Similar problem with girls soccer. These sports are not boys basketball or football and thus the sense of urgency is not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-18, 07:09 AM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if somebody has actually applied for this head coaching job? Can't believe we are into the summer and a coach hasn't been named.

Last edited by Soul Provider; 05-30-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-30-18, 09:44 PM
All American

I know of a few people that applied (I won't name names based on their current positions). The people I know were not given interviews according to them. The AD states he interviewed them. One side appears to be lying and I don't think it's the possible candidates.

Since then word has spread that someone had been offered and accepted the position. That person, nor any other person, were brought up to the school board for approval at this past meeting. Since the last school board meeting there has been very little information about the next head coach.
Old 05-31-18, 07:34 AM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I know of a few people that applied (I won't name names based on their current positions). The people I know were not given interviews according to them. The AD states he interviewed them. One side appears to be lying and I don't think it's the possible candidates.

Since then word has spread that someone had been offered and accepted the position. That person, nor any other person, were brought up to the school board for approval at this past meeting. Since the last school board meeting there has been very little information about the next head coach.
The whole situation sounds bizarre.
Old 05-31-18, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
The whole situation sounds bizarre.
It is , just sucks for the kids. I know i have seen a few of their kids at open mats at what not but not alot of kids.

Again Ty did everything to keep the boat a float and seems like the ball is getting dropped. Just sucks for the kids
Old 05-31-18, 08:08 PM
All District

Quote:

Quote:
1) content for the website
2) wasn't typed out in all caps maybe your computer has malfunctioned
3) I'm making an "assumption" b/c there has been school board meetings since Ty announced his retirement and nothing.
4) I'm not making that assumption , I know there are qualified candidates in the building (not saying either of them want it but they ARE there)

Plain and simple once school breaks for the summer and no coach is announced it WILL hurt the program. For quiet a few years the kids have already been involved in FS/GR AND other camps , hell they could work on having an intern HC while they search but nothing.
Just sucks again b/c its the KIDS who lose on the situation.

#sometimesyoudontrealizewhatyouhaduntilitsgone
Quote:

you would know more than most being how you were on staff last year, CRAZY they are letting a great thing possibly go to waste.
3rd place finish in the GMC was no joke and there were lots of good wrestling up the pipe line PLUS didn't MS win the GMC??

Sometimes I wonder if you TALK like you TYPE where you VOICE goes from LOUD to SOFT in an ODD and CONFUSING pattern.
Old 05-31-18, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if you TALK like you TYPE where you VOICE goes from LOUD to SOFT in an ODD and CONFUSING pattern.
sometimes I even #hashtag stuff
Old 06-12-18, 05:18 PM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Is it true? Ken Powell got the job?
Not sure if he can coach but I am certain he can relate to the kids and be a positive role model for the youth of Princeton. (As seen in this video).

Old 06-12-18, 07:46 PM
All American

Yes, Ken Powell was approved by the board on Monday. Interesting that Princeton coaches are on a pay scale based on experience. Somehow Powell was approved for more than what Coach Robbins got with 19 years of Head Varsity coaching experience.

Not sure who he gets to round out his staff. Hopefully he's able to talk someone within the building into coaching. Wish them the best and look forward to watching what some of the young, talented kids can accomplish.
Old 06-12-18, 09:51 PM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Lame that I posted a video of Princeotn's new coach (Ken Powell) with a moderator (WJJSJ) and it get's yanked down.

Last edited by TakeDown77; 06-12-18 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread