Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-06-18, 12:48 PM
dado6 dado6 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Posts: 10,702
dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
Even more disheartening is that our president, who should be helping to calm these tensions is even more enamored with ratings and will say anything inflammatory to get a reaction.
Sadly, we seem to be on a run of presidents who are willing to add fuel to the fire rather than calming things down; and it is disappointing to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-06-18, 12:51 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,823
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Definition of dying can be your own definition. I realize it has problems that need to be addressed , but it is still HUGE in this country .
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-06-18, 12:58 PM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 717
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Happy said Trump used race. I read the tweets and Trump never mentioned race. I've seen a lot of people on here and social media and they all say the same thing: disrespecting the flag and the service men and women who have fought for that flag. You can wink, wink all you want and assume that people are being racist but please show me where he wink, winked racism.

I personally believe that those service men and women fought for everyones right to speak freely, kneel during the anthem, step on the flag, or burn the flag. I would never do it but it is their right.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-06-18, 01:05 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,104
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Definition of dying can be your own definition. I realize it has problems that need to be addressed , but it is still HUGE in this country .
This is 100% true. The left has been making up definitions for racist, nazi, gender, etc. for the last 3 years. Words mean nothing anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-06-18, 01:07 PM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 269
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
This is 100% true. The left has been making up definitions for racist, nazi, gender, etc. for the last 3 years. Words mean nothing anymore.
And the right has made up definitions for economics, health care, women's rights, civil rights and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-06-18, 01:08 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,104
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
And the right has made up definitions for economics, health care, women's rights, civil rights and so on.
That's not really the same thing, but sure.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-06-18, 01:14 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 25,054
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
Sadly, we seem to be on a run of presidents who are willing to add fuel to the fire rather than calming things down; and it is disappointing to say the least.
I'm curious why in the specific case of Trump "cancelling" the Eagles White House celebration you think he's adding "fuel to the fire". I was surprised to find out that after first being told to prepare for 70 visitors the Eagles notified the White House that there would only be 5 - 10 people and evidently ONLY ONE player (Nick Foles) was expected to attend!

I'm sure the media would have loved the picture of Trump with only one player present. Considering the circumstances Trump was entirely correct in cancelling what would have been a sham of a celebration. IMO the eagles players messed this up by not attending. They can hate Trump all they want but respect is owed to the office of the President. And for the record I would have the exact same opinion if players had refused to attend a White House celebration with president Obama.

As an aside, this also shows just how out of touch and pampered these spoiled multimillionaire athletes are. Think about how much Eagles fans would have loved to see their team at the White House. When you win a super bowl you want the "celebration" to last months and the White House visit is another reminder of a great season.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-06-18, 01:26 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 25,054
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post

The kneeling was about police treatment of black people . It wasn't ever about being anti American . Trump' has never mentioned the issue that they were kneeling about. He spins it to feed some meat to his base which is pretty much pre-disposed to NOT LIKE the players for some reason or another[wink wink , they use the term spoiled millionaires} } , that they are anti military anti American and anti America . What were looking at exactly? I hope not that fake Fox news praying picture. They apologized for it , they made it seem like the players were kneeling during the anthem. The Eagles were not a team that had players kneel
But what do you do Harry if the motivation for disrespecting the Anthem was completely wrong? Heather MacDonald provides convincing evidence that the police do not disproportionately kill black people:

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/arti..._policing.html

This charge of racially biased policing, amplified relentlessly by the media, is dangerously false. Four academic studies came out this year, alone, showing that police officers are, if anything, less likely to shoot blacks than whites; there is no evidence that they are more likely to kill blacks.

So this terribly divisive act by players to kneel during the National Anthem was done to protest something that doesn't exist. Trump may be guilty of taking advantage of the players stupidity but it was the players reckless disregard for the truth that has caused the current problem.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-06-18, 01:35 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,080
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
That’s twice this year the Eagles have embarrassed the patriots.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-06-18, 02:11 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
The lowest possible amount an NBA player will make next year is at least $815,615, which is the minimum salary for rookies this season. Given the NBA has never had a season long strike, I'm guessing no one is going broke due to a strike.
Of course these athletes live very conservative lol

Thereís so many stories of those former players looking for a dime to pay their bills.

The NBAPA rep was voted for to appease the stars, they donít give a rip for the lesser
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-06-18, 02:13 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Might I suggest to read the stories of Bruins goalie Tim Thomas for skipping WH ceremony and backlash that came
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-06-18, 02:17 PM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 269
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I'm curious why in the specific case of Trump "cancelling" the Eagles White House celebration you think he's adding "fuel to the fire". I was surprised to find out that after first being told to prepare for 70 visitors the Eagles notified the White House that there would only be 5 - 10 people and evidently ONLY ONE player (Nick Foles) was expected to attend!

I'm sure the media would have loved the picture of Trump with only one player present. Considering the circumstances Trump was entirely correct in cancelling what would have been a sham of a celebration. IMO the eagles players messed this up by not attending. They can hate Trump all they want but respect is owed to the office of the President. And for the record I would have the exact same opinion if players had refused to attend a White House celebration with president Obama.

As an aside, this also shows just how out of touch and pampered these spoiled multimillionaire athletes are. Think about how much Eagles fans would have loved to see their team at the White House. When you win a super bowl you want the "celebration" to last months and the White House visit is another reminder of a great season.
There are several ways that he could handled this situation with some tact, but that is not his M.O. and everyone knows that. The problem with this is he the "leader" of this country and he should be working to unite and not divide over petty garbage. He was well within his rights to cancel the visit, and he is even allowed to be offended, but keep it in house. His constant airing of dirty laundry is what makes him more inflammatory and causes him to stir the pot. If he knew that no one was going to attend, then spin it the appropriate way.

In my honest opinion Trump comes across the same as spoiled three year old who didn't get his way. While some may find this change of pace refreshing, I find it embarrassing as he is a representation of our whole country. I don't believe that a leader should act so petulant as it just looks bad for everyone. I also think that it shows his own ignorance at times, which is also a bad look for our country. I realize that this may no coincide with other people's beliefs on leadership but no amount of rationalizing his erratic behaviors will ever convince me he is actually a leader.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-06-18, 02:21 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,981
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The NBA will keep the current stance regarding the national anthem, like they have for sometime.

Stars like Lebrick, Curry and etc...donít have to worry about any monetary woes if a strike occurs. The NBAPA should stop pandering to these stars and worry about these bench players whoís going to be broke if a strike does come to fruition.

Steve Kerr? Bigger baby than LeBrick, I missed his protest of Shaiff Adual whateva when he wouldnít stand for the anthem.
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, formerly Chris Jackson. In 1996, Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for the anthem because he felt the flag was a symbol of oppression and tyranny. He had converted to Muslim and changed his name in 1993. He was suspended by the NBA for not standing, missed two games, worked out a compromise where he did stand, but would close his eyes and pray during the anthem.

Wouldn't it have been just alot easier if Kaepernic did this in the first place? He'd probably still be in the NFL, and the sports shows wouldn't have wasted hundreds of hours of programming.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-06-18, 02:23 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 25,054
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
There are several ways that he could handled this situation with some tact, but that is not his M.O. and everyone knows that. The problem with this is he the "leader" of this country and he should be working to unite and not divide over petty garbage. He was well within his rights to cancel the visit, and he is even allowed to be offended, but keep it in house. His constant airing of dirty laundry is what makes him more inflammatory and causes him to stir the pot. If he knew that no one was going to attend, then spin it the appropriate way.

In my honest opinion Trump comes across the same as spoiled three year old who didn't get his way. While some may find this change of pace refreshing, I find it embarrassing as he is a representation of our whole country. I don't believe that a leader should act so petulant as it just looks bad for everyone. I also think that it shows his own ignorance at times, which is also a bad look for our country. I realize that this may no coincide with other people's beliefs on leadership but no amount of rationalizing his erratic behaviors will ever convince me he is actually a leader.
You are obviously entitled to your opinion and it's an opinion widely shared. However, while Trump's can be divisive, IMO he is no where near as divisive as Obama was with his constant meddling in local race & police relations. For me it comes down to the old "sticks & stones..." saying: Trump uses "words" to be divisive but Hillary & Obama used "sticks & stones".
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-06-18, 02:26 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,104
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Of course these athletes live very conservative lol

There’s so many stories of those former players looking for a dime to pay their bills.

The NBAPA rep was voted for to appease the stars, they don’t give a rip for the lesser
Never said they did. However, the shortest NBA season due to strike was 50 games. Even if that were to happen again, the prorated salary, for the smallest NBA salary, for next year would still be roughly $500,000. Again, no one is going broke.

Those former players aren't getting paid by the NBA once the strike ends. Not sure what your point is there.

The longest strike in NBA history isn't going to caused by how the players, and League (which represents the owners), feel about the anthem.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-06-18, 02:26 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, formerly Chris Jackson. In 1996, Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for the anthem because he felt the flag was a symbol of oppression and tyranny. He had converted to Muslim and changed his name in 1993. He was suspended by the NBA for not standing, missed two games, worked out a compromise where he did stand, but would close his eyes and pray during the anthem.

Wouldn't it have been just alot easier if Kaepernic did this in the first place? He'd probably still be in the NFL, and the sports shows wouldn't have wasted hundreds of hours of programming.
I would agree, but I failed theory of logical in college.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-06-18, 02:29 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 18,019
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
Ö...
I personally believe that those service men and women fought for everyones right to speak freely, kneel during the anthem, step on the flag, or burn the flag. I would never do it but it is their right.
No one has said it isn't. Just because you have the right doesn't mean that you have to exercise it. With rights also comes responsibility and necessarily consequences. While the government can't prosecute you for exercising your right to free speech, your employer can choose whether or not to allow you to interfere with their business.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-06-18, 02:32 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,104
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
No one has said it isn't. Just because you have the right doesn't mean that you have to exercise it. With rights also comes responsibility and necessarily consequences. While the government can't prosecute you for exercising your right to free speech, your employer can choose whether or not to allow you to interfere with their business.
It blows my mind how many people don't understand that the First Amendment protects your freedom of speech against persecution by the government. The First Amendment does not protect your freedom of speech against your employer.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-06-18, 02:36 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,823
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just stating that the reason some are kneeling wasn't because they hate the country and aren't patriotic. That's all. Where Trump is using this politically is their motives. He wants to divide and conquer here and has made it about THEM { The bad sons of biotich players} vs US { MY BASE } and to rile them up .

If you want to think it' s about something else go for it, we'll agree to disagree here . To me it's not that hard, but I am not into doing mental gymnastics to explain and rationalize anyone's behavior or motives.

I'm just giving my opinion . I don't have any beef with the police myself, I have not been mistreated or harassed . I can't speak to the people who have and the cases I have seen that are the ones prompting the silent protests before games. NOR AM I offended much by it because I wasn't a military man or a policeman .

I have two friends who are policemen and feel differently of course, and my brother in law is a Naval Academy Grad guy who served overseas. He is offended by it . Everyone's feelings and experiences are their own .
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-06-18, 03:00 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Go look up Assata Shakur, that’s who Kaepernick and these player support

These players are clueless, one clown wants no cash bail lol
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-06-18, 03:29 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,559
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Kaepernick triggered GregG.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-06-18, 03:35 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,610
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Thatís twice this year the Eagles have embarrassed the patriots.
Theyíre not the same since Frey passed away
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-06-18, 04:03 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Kaepernick triggered GregG.
I donít support cop killers
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-06-18, 05:47 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,080
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
What if the cop deserved it?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-06-18, 06:16 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,384
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
Happy said Trump used race. I read the tweets and Trump never mentioned race. I've seen a lot of people on here and social media and they all say the same thing: disrespecting the flag and the service men and women who have fought for that flag. You can wink, wink all you want and assume that people are being racist but please show me where he wink, winked racism.

I personally believe that those service men and women fought for everyones right to speak freely, kneel during the anthem, step on the flag, or burn the flag. I would never do it but it is their right.
Deliberately stomping on or burning the flag and it gets violent... it is that simple.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-06-18, 06:23 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,384
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I 100% support our military and 100% support our police.

I no longer watch the NFL, I will not be watching it this season. I have found better things to do with my life then to watch spoiled rich guys b***h and complain about everything while our military and police are risking their lives every day and getting paid a fraction of what pro athletes get. It sickens me every time I see the disrespect that these athletes are showing.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-06-18, 06:31 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,559
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Deliberately stomping on or burning the flag and it gets violent... it is that simple.
Wow, committing violence because someone exercises free speech. How leftist of you.

Also, did you serve?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-06-18, 06:35 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Single moms should be getting the attention not criminals.

With no father figure, these kids donít respect mama and theyíre causing all the mischief. Enter the police which now has to babysit these individuals who donít work or sell drugs to get by.

Single mothers and teacher need to get way more respect imo.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-06-18, 06:50 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,409
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I 100% support our military and 100% support our police.
So if a cop did something illegal and his department buddies attempted to cover it up you support that?

Quote:
I no longer watch the NFL, I will not be watching it this season. I have found better things to do with my life then to watch spoiled rich guys b***h and complain about everything while our military and police are risking their lives every day and getting paid a fraction of what pro athletes get. It sickens me every time I see the disrespect that these athletes are showing.
I watched plenty of games last year and didn't once hear a player "b***h and complain about everything." Based on your comments I take it you used to watch the NFL. Were the players not spoiled and rich prior to Kaep taking a knee? If you're sickened by someone kneeling during the anthem you may have some issues.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-06-18, 06:52 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,409
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Wow, committing violence because someone exercises free speech. How leftist of you.
He reminds me of the antifa morons on the left attacking people because they support Trump. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's going on in the world ronnie mund Debate Forum 9398 11-14-18 09:46 AM
Trump doing what Trump does ..... Happygoluckky Debate Forum 64 05-30-18 08:00 AM
My 2017 All-Ohio NFL Team Worm02 Football 21 01-08-18 01:24 AM
Seven Glenville grads currently in the NFL SVillegrad Football 23 11-08-17 11:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz