Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-30-18, 08:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
ESPN hires anchor who repeatedly called Trump a Nazi

Quote:
ESPN announced this week it has expanded the role of outspoken liberal commentator Keith Olbermann, who will now serve as a guest anchor on “SportsCenter.”

Olbermann has worked for the network in the past, and in recent months made appearances on multiple ESPN shows, according to USA Today.

“Since we started this, my sixth separate tenure with ESPN, in January, I’ve found the variety of assignments to be the most fun and energizing of all my stints,” the commentator said in a statement. “Adding stuff, like being a rookie 59-year-old play-by-play guy, plus the Rip Van Winkle of ‘SportsCenter,’ only adds to the smorgasbord. Can’t wait, and at my age, I shouldn’t.”
https://www.westernjournal.com/wc/es...-trump-a-nazi/
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-18, 09:23 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Great. He's pretty much a putz.
Old 05-30-18, 09:27 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Could be an effective marketing tool. Shoot, it might get me to watching SC again, just to watch Kieffers melt down again on a nightly - or even part-time - basis. I mean, how many folks do know who splutter so much, there's a rainbow over their lips?
Old 05-30-18, 09:37 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
America told ESPN they are too political. So ESPN finds the biggest cuck to hire. Great thinking ESPN
Old 05-30-18, 10:07 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
ESPN owned by ABC who is owned by Disney.

The hypocrisy is ripe....
Old 05-31-18, 06:11 AM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Walt Disney was a well known anti-semite, much like Harry, so this hiring make sense.......
Old 05-31-18, 06:43 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Never watch ESPN anymore unless it’s a live sporting event so don’t really care
Old 05-31-18, 07:15 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Never watch ESPN anymore unless it’s a live sporting event so don’t really care
Yeah me either now that I think about it. I do believe I watched some of the nfl draft on ESPN . Sports center etc, it’s ben awhile.
Old 05-31-18, 07:42 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
It has probably been a decade or more since I watched Sportscenter. I used to watch it 2 or 3 times a day.

Now I will watch some 30 for 30s, those are good, and live sporting events. That's about it.

Olbermann was actually good way back when he was on SC, but back then he/they stuck to sports only however.

Olbermann makes Rachel Maddow look like a republican by comparison.
Old 05-31-18, 08:49 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Just what ESPN needed, less credibility.
Old 05-31-18, 09:26 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no interest in watching Keith Olberman on ESPN. The sports leader already tried to jam Jamelle Hill and "the Six" down our throats, how did that work out?

Fox Sports is my goto in sports, except they are the home for world cup soccer..gag....
Old 05-31-18, 10:31 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
How does he get a job with anyone after the public tweets he has made about the President? Absolutely mind-blowing.
Old 05-31-18, 10:48 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Keith is pretty far out there no question . But the difference is when Olberman said these things he wasn't employed by ESPN or Disney . You can bet if eh goes off the rails which he certainly won't because it's sports now , he will be fired .

Olberman has lost jobs before , been sheet canned more than once . It will happen again, just a matter of when.

I did like his Worlds worst persons segment though back in the day and his countdown of the days since Bush claimed Mission accomplished in Iraq when it was still going on for years lol . Man is a talented broadcaster and smart as a whip . But kind of crazy left
Old 05-31-18, 11:01 AM
All World

I don't think we have ever had a President that was less respected by as big a portion of the Country than this one .

He has
his die hard base of course about 30 percent and then another 12-15 percent who have questions and wish he was normal and a good person but like how far right he has gone .

The other 55- 58 percent? about 45 as a conservative estimate thinks he is a total sheet stain as a person, unethical , a serial liar , a carnival barker in a red tie a buffoon , and a complete narcissist . A dangerous person who is a danger to our democracy .

So that's why some of the hatred goes unchecked . Obama was treated like crap from day one as well and not respected by right wingers and many thought he was Muslim and born in Kenya . Some powerful man was the leader of this movement , his name escapes me a the moment , some Biz/ real estate guy . guy was in the top 10 of al rea estate investors in NY I believe.

Anyway that is why some of this Trump disrespect doesn't go far. Who got in trouble for bashing Obama for everything inclduig who he actually was? I mean I believe that leader of the birther movement got some huge important job I was told. Didn't hurt him. seems to have helped him convince people to give in to their worst instincts and he divided the decision makers and conquered by a very narrow number among these decision makers situated in the right palces where people were more apt to believe his bullsheet.
Old 05-31-18, 11:02 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Keith is pretty far out there no question . But the difference is when Olberman said these things he wasn't employed by ESPN or Disney .
Yep, it is the same standard people have used with Trump. That is, what he said in the past has never been mentioned, criticized, scrutinized, etc.
Old 05-31-18, 11:06 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think we have ever had a President that was less respected by as big a portion of the Country than this one .

Yep, well other than Obama, you are probably correct. But he will get a lot more done than his predecessors. We are Way better off now than we were under Obama, and what a nightmare we would be living had Hillary been elected.
Old 05-31-18, 11:14 AM
All World

Trump going on a pardoning storm right now?? Hmm , lets see why he may be doing this ??

I'll take a wild stab , he wants people connected to him who are indicted , plead or thinking of pleading and or flipping to know that he WILL PARDON THEM IF THEY KEEP THIER MOUTHS SHUT.

This Denesh Dude? have you seen his history of ridiculous racist bullsheet? Al he got was probation anyway.

Martha Stewart possibly? The human influence peddler for cash the man they call 'BLAGO " in Illinois doing hard time in the Federal Pen?

Look for the worried and sweating Trump to keep making moves that will only help himself and damage others involved in the investigation including the investigation itself.

Pardoning certain people he thinks will further his cause of discrediting the FBI and DOJ.
Old 05-31-18, 11:21 AM
All World

How is your life different now than it was say last year ? or Two years ago?

What kind of deep trouble or hardship did you find yourself in due to Obama being Prez? Were you and the country better off during the Bush administration and his economy?

What kind of hel and be specific would be living in right now and be specific as you seem to know for sure so I am sure you have many examples of al the crap you be going through now if someone else won ? What policy of Obama's and something Clinton would have done was most harmful to you ?

I am one of the lucky ones I suppose , not much changed at al and if it did for the better besides my kids havig multiple major injuries { Broken Bones , ACL'S Articular cartilage break ouch} things were going well the last decade . Everyone's realities are different I suppose
Old 05-31-18, 11:35 AM
All World

Quote:
How is your life different now than it was say last year ? or Two years ago?

What kind of deep trouble or hardship did you find yourself in due to Obama being Prez? Were you and the country better off during the Bush administration and his economy?

What kind of hel and be specific would be living in right now and be specific as you seem to know for sure so I am sure you have many examples of al the crap you be going through now if someone else won ? What policy of Obama's and something Clinton would have done was most harmful to you ?

I am one of the lucky ones I suppose , not much changed at al and if it did for the better besides my kids havig multiple major injuries { Broken Bones , ACL'S Articular cartilage break ouch} things were going well the last decade . Everyone's realities are different I suppose
My health Insurance premiums went up $150/month to $1457/month under Obama while my deductible has skyrocketed.
Old 05-31-18, 11:40 AM
All World

Sorry to hear that, that didn't happen to me fortunately . Many less fortunate folks had pretty good health care under Obama , many Trump voters in fact who are worried about cuts
Old 05-31-18, 11:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Trump going on a pardoning storm right now?? Hmm , lets see why he may be doing this ??

I'll take a wild stab , he wants people connected to him who are indicted , plead or thinking of pleading and or flipping to know that he WILL PARDON THEM IF THEY KEEP THIER MOUTHS SHUT.

This Denesh Dude? have you seen his history of ridiculous racist bullsheet? Al he got was probation anyway.

Martha Stewart possibly? The human influence peddler for cash the man they call 'BLAGO " in Illinois doing hard time in the Federal Pen?

Look for the worried and sweating Trump to keep making moves that will only help himself and damage others involved in the investigation including the investigation itself.

Pardoning certain people he thinks will further his cause of discrediting the FBI and DOJ.
Trump has pardoned 5 people thus far. Obama pardoned 1927 criminals.
Old 05-31-18, 11:43 AM
All World

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, that didn't happen to me fortunately . Many less fortunate folks had pretty good health care under Obama , many Trump voters in fact who are worried about cuts
I have never been hospitalized, sick with more than a cold or have any medical conditions.

My only sin is being financially successful.
Old 05-31-18, 11:51 AM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
My health Insurance premiums went up $150/month to $1457/month under Obama while my deductible has skyrocketed.
Mine nearly doubled. I had pretty good premiums so it didn't kill me. When you are used to paying around $200 a paycheck and it goes to $350 that can really give you a shock.
Old 05-31-18, 11:53 AM
All World

I didn't say Trump is pardoning too many people , I just commented on the timing and the motive .

I realize there is never any mention of Trump without Obama being mentioned , it is incredible in it';s consistency I must say
Old 05-31-18, 12:04 PM
All World

Now it must be said in fairness that from 2000-2008 most people's health care costs skyrocketed , mine more tha doubled in terms of the amount coming out of the check .

Kids were born and of course it got real expensive. Some people I suppose blamed Bush , I wasn't one of them, there were many factors in the rising costs .

The company I worked at for a bulk of those years had 4 different meetings to announce the rising costs and or changing of plans were would be on.

Obama care has hurt some people no question and it has helped some. Soe portions of the demo's make out and some definitely haven't
Old 05-31-18, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I didn't say Trump is pardoning too many people , I just commented on the timing and the motive .

I realize there is never any mention of Trump without Obama being mentioned , it is incredible in it';s consistency I must say
Could it be that in order to show how much better the country is now it must be compared to how badly it was doing under the previous leader?

Your answer will surprise nobody. Begin when ready.
Old 05-31-18, 12:21 PM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Could it be that in order to show how much better the country is now it must be compared to how badly it was doing under the previous leader?

Your answer will surprise nobody. Begin when ready.
People did the same thing under Obama. When someone bashed Obama liberals would bring up Bush.
Old 05-31-18, 12:26 PM
All World

USA the economy was moving in a positive direction way before trump took office . Obama started in a recession , Economic cycles TAKE YEARS TO TAKE HOLD, policies take YEARS to manifest themselves.

Your opinion that the country is so much better off isn't universal , it's your opinion and Trump supporters opinion may be , but even many of ther voters aren't doing much if at al better right now. IN TIME ? We'll see.

What is the main difference in your life over the last year and a half ? What is so much better in your life simply because Trump took office?
Old 05-31-18, 12:29 PM
All World

Quote:

I used the comparison to show the absurdity that Trump is on a "pardoning storm". If 5 is a "storm" what is 1927?
Old 05-31-18, 12:32 PM
All World

Yes they brought up Bush when THE RIGHT ATTACKED Obama for the economy . But that was the extant of it , THE ECONOMY was the main thing, with Trump any criticism no matter the subject , no matter how significant or insignificant , it's ALWAYS what about Obama what about Hillary .

I mean there are people echoing Trumps accusing everyone else of the things he and people in his orbit are being charged with accused of Plead to and going on trial for . Rubber glue theory , everything we have been accused of the other side got away with or was way worse.

Bush was somewhat responsible for the economy wasn't he? When he came in the economy was solid , there was a surplus. So thigns went badly quickly and it is never all the Prez fault of even a lot of it , but SOME is , just as it was for Obama , he gets dinged and rightfully so for some things and some others isn't always fair .

part of the job wind blows hardest at the top

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: